View Poll Results: 10 days left, what'll it be?

Voters
92. This poll is closed
  • Hard Brexit (crash out)

45 48.91%
  • No Brexit (Remain by revoking A50)

24 26.09%
  • Withdrawal Agreement (after a new session is called)

0 0%
  • Extension + Withdrawal Agreement

3 3.26%
  • Extension + Crashout

9 9.78%
  • Extension + Remain

11 11.96%
    7+ Year Old Account
    A juicy Brexit Sunday is coming as the Tory leadership hots up...

Michael Gove is going to scrap VAT after Brexit, it is a tax only required because of membership of the EU. Wouldn't you like that eurochums in your own country? Next time you get a receipt look at how much VAT you pay and imagine it slipping straight into the back pocket of Juncker and his cronies or, all you gotta do is leave...

Boris confirms no payment of the £39 bn is due to the EU when the UK leaves...

Lovely Jubbly, more goodies like that please. Lets show the other EU member states and their people the massive upsides of leaving...and the huge downside costs of remaining a member...
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    No idea man, you started this... perhaps you'd like to go back to what I posted and verify that you still want to nitpick it.
    Didn't you say lying isn't illegal? Well, what is fraud if not lying?
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post

Michael Gove is going to scrap VAT after Brexit, it is a tax only required because of membership of the EU. Wouldn't you like that eurochums in your own country? Next time you get a receipt look at how much VAT you pay and imagine it slipping straight into the back pocket of Juncker and his cronies or, all you gotta do is leave...

Lovely Jubbly, more goodies like that please. Lets show the other EU member states and their people the massive upsides of leaving...and the huge downside costs of remaining a member...
    So the first lies weren't enough now you have to believe the new lies?

Yes let's show the massive upside to a massive loss of tax revenue of the collapse of public finance, the destruction of public services and the end of the NHS. Where the poor end up suffering because of short sighted conservatives that have never had a good idea.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка

lol most countries in the world have VAT, it has nothing to do with the EU.

15+ Year Old Account
    Michael Gove is going to scrap VAT after Brexit, it is a tax only required because of membership of the EU.
    Another gem, thank you.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    Another gem, thank you.
    Can't even blame his own government for the regresive taxes they put on them.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    lol most countries in the world have VAT, it has nothing to do with the EU.
    According to the internets, the VAT is the third largest source of income for the UK government. I highly doubt the UK leaving the EU would mean the UK government would give up their third largest source of income.

I also don't see what VAT has to do with the EU. It looks like a UK tax for UK government funding.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    According to the internets, the VAT is the third largest source of income for the UK government. I highly doubt the UK leaving the EU would mean the UK government would give up their third largest source of income.

I also don't see what VAT has to do with the EU. It looks like a UK tax for UK government funding.
    Farage probably told him it was an EU thing at his recent tea party.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    Farage probably told him it was an EU thing at his recent tea party.
    Watch, the plan will be to replace the VAT with a Sales Tax. "See, we got rid of the VAT!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Watch, the plan will be to replace the VAT with a Sales Tax. "See, we got rid of the VAT!"
    Are you planning on becoming the new British PM?

Michael Gove is going to scrap VAT after Brexit, it is a tax only required because of membership of the EU.
    In other news: Tory leadership candidate Michael Gove has said he "deeply regrets" taking cocaine

Ah, that explains the VAT thing then.

VAT is not collected by the EU.

So where is he going to find 169 billion pounds per year? In his cocaine-fuelled dreams?
    Last edited by Butler to Baby Sloths; 2019-06-08 at 11:33 PM.

Cocaine tends to destroy brain cells.. hence the VAT scrapping plan

Likely like how it is in the US too. Not shown on shelf prices but when you get to checkout the real price ends up being shown.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    Likely like how it is in the US too. Not shown on shelf prices but when you get to checkout the real price ends up being shown.
    So to be clear.

Leavers voted to follow the American model and allow people to keep more of their own money in their pockets making them richer, with perhaps a 0.0% Sales Tax as they have in many places over there.

Remainers voted to keep people in poverty with 2 tythes, in VAT, of everything as the cost of UK EU membership making people poorer.

Good that as time goes by more and more evidence is exposed as to why it is so bad and costly for nations and their people to be within the EU experiment.

I say leave and get rid of VAT.
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    Didn't you say lying isn't illegal? Well, what is fraud if not lying?
    §263 StGB

Whosoever with the intent of obtaining for himself or a third person an unlawful material benefit damages the property of another by causing or maintaining an error by pretending false facts or by distorting or suppressing true facts shall be liable to imprisonment not exceeding five years or a fine.
    The crime is the damage you inflict. The end goal is the intent to obtaining a material benefit. Lying is the method to do that. If you didn't damage any property, you could lie all day long without any consequences... Free speech and shit, you know. If you don't intend to get any benefit from that, you would maybe be liable for another crime, but not fraud. All of these have to be ticked. So yes, I think we can talk about fraud here, but I don't think lying itself is criminal per se.

Meanwhile...

Last edited by Slant; 2019-06-09 at 10:20 AM.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Leavers voted to follow the American model and allow people to keep more of their own money in their pockets making them richer, with perhaps a 0.0% Sales Tax as they have in many places over there.
    When?

Where is 170 billion pounds of revenue per year for the British government going to come from then?

So to be clear.

Remainers voted to keep people in poverty with 2 tythes, in VAT, of everything as the cost of UK EU membership making people poorer.

Good that as time goes by more and more evidence is exposed as to why it is so bad and costly for nations and their people to be within the EU experiment.

Americans aren't keeping more of there income in their own pockets....millions can't even afford healthcare.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Butler to Baby Sloths View Post
    When?

Where is 170 billion pounds of revenue per year for the British government going to come from then?
    You can throw away VAT but that goes hand in hand with other expenditure like healthcare, infrastructure, increasing income taxes.