View Poll Results: 10 days left, what'll it be?

Voters
92. This poll is closed
  • Hard Brexit (crash out)

45 48.91%
  • No Brexit (Remain by revoking A50)

24 26.09%
  • Withdrawal Agreement (after a new session is called)

0 0%
  • Extension + Withdrawal Agreement

3 3.26%
  • Extension + Crashout

9 9.78%
  • Extension + Remain

11 11.96%
    Quote Originally Posted by ati87 View Post
    You can throw away VAT but that goes hand in hand with other expenditure like healthcare, infrastructure, increasing income taxes.
    I'm sure the Tories can find something they have yet to privatize to generate some short-term cash.

Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    So to be clear.

Leavers voted to follow the American model and allow people to keep more of their own money in their pockets making them richer, with perhaps a 0.0% Sales Tax as they have in many places over there.

Remainers voted to keep people in poverty with 2 tythes, in VAT, of everything as the cost of UK EU membership making people poorer.

Good that as time goes by more and more evidence is exposed as to why it is so bad and costly for nations and their people to be within the EU experiment.

I say leave and get rid of VAT.
    Still making things up that you've decided the 2016 vote meant, I see. It's amazing how much information about the intent of 17m people got packed into "do you want to leave the EU?" isn't it?

I expect Pann will be along in a minute to explain how it was completely clear in 2016 that leaving would mean just that.
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

Quote Originally Posted by Huehuecoyotl View Post
    Still making things up that you've decided the 2016 vote meant, I see. It's amazing how much information about the intent of 17m people got packed into "do you want to leave the EU?" isn't it?
    I guess that's what happens when you give a blank, signed cheque to a dishonest person.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler to Baby Sloths View Post
    I'm sure the Tories can find something they have yet to privatize to generate some short-term cash.
    No, that was Blair and the Labour plan and their explosion in PFI for our hospitals. Brexit supporters want to leave the EU and fund our NHS instead, not privatise it. Did you miss the Boris bus?
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

No, that was Blair and the Labour plan and their explosion in PFI for our hospitals. Brexit supporters want to leave the EU and fund our NHS instead, not privatise it. Did you miss the Boris bus?
    Back to the 350 million lie are we?

Anyway, don't dodge the question: where will 170 billion pounds per year come from, after VAT is abolished?

7+ Year Old Account
    Back to the 350 million lie are we?

Anyway, don't dodge the question: where will 170 billion pounds per year come from, after VAT is abolished?
    It wasn't a lie as the court case found a couple of days ago when they threw the case against Boris out. All true, soon as we leave you'll see...
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

It wasn't a lie as the court case found a couple of days ago when they threw the case against Boris out. All true, soon as we leave you'll see...
    The case wasn't thrown out because he wasn't lying. The case was thrown out because the judge said him lying was not illegal.

The UK has never sent 350 million pounds per week to the EU. That is established fact.

I dare you to prove me wrong. Show me the invoices. Show me the documents that prove that Boris wasn't lying. I bet you can't though. In fact, you won't respond to this at all, because you KNOW you are lying. You can't be that stupid.

How are you going to fund it if you cut out the billions of pounds from the VAT?

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    How are you going to fund it if you cut out the billions of pounds from the VAT?
    Don't worry, the 18.2 billion they claim to save by leaving will totally cover it.

(never mind that two years of VAT revenue more than pays for every penny the UK has sent to the EU since joining 46 years ago)

7+ Year Old Account
    The case wasn't thrown out because he wasn't lying. The case was thrown out because the judge said him lying was not illegal.

The UK has never sent 350 million pounds per week to the EU. That is established fact.

I dare you to prove me wrong. Show me the invoices. Show me the documents that prove that Boris wasn't lying. I bet you can't though. In fact, you won't respond to this at all, because you KNOW you are lying. You can't be that stupid.
    A remainer took Boris to court over the bus, the Judge took 5 minutes and threw the case out. The NHS is already planned and diaried in to receive 384 million extra a week as a benefit of brexit a couple of years after we leave, exceeding the claims on the bus. He wasn't lying...

It's Michael Gove's plan only announced a few hours ago, I don't know, ask him. I expect when the candidates face scrutiny in their debates it will come out. He must have a plan right?

But as a concept scrapping VAT sounds great to me. It's a complex burdensome red tape calculation for SME's to do every three months, inside the EU we can't get rid of it - outside, newly sovereign, we can.

There are so many different options being considered on an almost daily basis that are now being made public. The benefits of brexit are coming so fast, almost tsunami like it is difficult to keep up. Much much different to the scenarios painted by project fear. If you are looking for liars pick any one of the people who supported the remain project fear agenda. There's your liars, not honest brexiteers.

He must have a plan right?
    Probably snorting more cocaine.

7+ Year Old Account
    Probably snorting more cocaine.
    Perhaps it will be taxable...

Quote Originally Posted by Huehuecoyotl View Post

I expect Pann will be along in a minute to explain how it was completely clear in 2016 that leaving would mean just that.
    And yet the leavers were all "We'll be Norway and Switzerland." yadda yadda.

https://youtu.be/0xGt3QmRSZY

Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post

Well, UK has great reputation as safe haven for various money gotten through questionable means, so, certainly could double down on that aspect outside of EU (given that Switzerland cooperated with EU a lot on that front and had lost reputation on being "safe").

A remainer took Boris to court over the bus, the Judge took 5 minutes and threw the case out. The NHS is already planned and diaried in to receive 384 million extra a week as a benefit of brexit a couple of years after we leave, exceeding the claims on the bus. He wasn't lying...
    I looked this up, and it is actually a figure floated by May back in 2018 (you know, when Brexit was going so well). She wants to pay for it by increased taxation and borrowing on top of some of the money saved from EU membership dues. She didn't say where the taxation would happen. The money will ramp up over time, with the increase of 384 million per week being tabled for the 2023/24 fiscal year. However, I find it hard to believe that this would be able to go ahead if VAT were to be abolished - that was certainly not an option on the table at the time - in particular as she planned to increase tax revenue to pay for it.

He must have a plan right?
    It's Michael Gove. I wouldn't bet on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post

That video is far from honest.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9dKcjfeVTs

It's Michael Gove's plan only announced a few hours ago, I don't know, ask him. I expect when the candidates face scrutiny in their debates it will come out. He must have a plan right?
    I hope that's not the extend of your motivation... relying on hope, that is. Because you're in for the mother of all awakenings in November.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    I hope that's not the extend of your motivation... relying on hope, that is. Because you're in for the mother of all awakenings in November.
    Very brave of you to appear here today,I must say, but we don't have to wait for November. The mother of the EU apparently came to her senses at the D-Day celebrations when she met candidate Jeremy Hunt and offered up EU capitulation to the UK again. Very apt timing don't you think?

Jeremy Hunt has claimed Angela Merkel would be willing to renegotiate the UK’s Brexit deal and possibly the Irish border arrangements

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...te-brexit-deal

and in an incredible display of EU disunity...

She said, "it’s up to you. Germany doesn’t have that border with the Republic of Ireland - you do."

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/11...hy-ridge-video

Wait wait a sec, is the UK/Ireland border an EU/UK border or not? Have Germany left the EU or they just don't give a shit about Ireland any more?

Would be nice if you showed some unity and consistency eurochums...Still if the mother of the EU is offering cake and cherries to the UK it woudl be rude to refuse.

Very brave of you to appear here today,I must say, but we don't have to wait for November. The mother of the EU apparently came to her senses at the D-Day celebrations when she met candidate Jeremy Hunt and offered up EU capitulation to the UK again. Very apt timing don't you think?

Jeremy Hunt has claimed Angela Merkel would be willing to renegotiate the UK’s Brexit deal and possibly the Irish border arrangements

If you don't cut the quote halfway through the sentence...

she had indicated that the EU was “willing to negotiate on the package” if a new prime minister had the “right approach”.
    That means "compromise", by the way. And isn't a new position either.

and in an incredible display of EU disunity...

She said, "it’s up to you. Germany doesn’t have that border with the Republic of Ireland - you do."

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/11...hy-ridge-video

Wait wait a sec, is the UK/Ireland border an EU/UK border or not? Have Germany left the EU or they just don't give a shit about Ireland any more?

Would be nice if you showed some unity and consistency eurochums...Still if the mother of the EU is offering cake and cherries to the UK it woudl be rude to refuse.
    ''claimed'' I can claim im a descendant of King Richard. Might be true, might not be true, but claiming something doesnt mean its true.