View Poll Results: 10 days left, what'll it be?

Voters
92. This poll is closed
  • Hard Brexit (crash out)

45 48.91%
  • No Brexit (Remain by revoking A50)

24 26.09%
  • Withdrawal Agreement (after a new session is called)

0 0%
  • Extension + Withdrawal Agreement

3 3.26%
  • Extension + Crashout

9 9.78%
  • Extension + Remain

11 11.96%
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler to Baby Sloths View Post
    Nobody from the EU has said anything to the contrary. It is only the UK (and the extreme brexiteers at that - like yourself) that has been saying it won't honour its commitments and making itself look untrustworthy, unreliable and unsound.

It isn't a "divorce bill". It isn't a "division of assets". It isn't "new debt". It is the UK paying up on its previously agreed contributions to EU projects before it leaves. That is all.
    Imagine if you will that the UK signed up to play for a cricket team for the next 10 years. This involved long term contributions for maintenance of the cricket pitch, club house etc etc. After a couple of years everyone else in the cricket team decides they don't like cricket anymore and to play football instead. The UK says woah no way, we are leaving, we signed up for cricket. The new football team says oh but you still got to pay. The UK just laughs and tells the football team to fuck off and goes to play cricket elsewhere. Got it?
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    Imagine if you will that the UK signed up to play for a cricket team for the next 10 years. This involved long term contributions for maintenance of the cricket pitch, club house etc etc. After a couple of years everyone else in the cricket team decides they don't like cricket anymore and to play football instead. The UK says woah no way, we are leaving, we signed up for cricket. The new football team says oh but you still got to pay. The UK just laughs and tells the football team to fuck off and goes to play cricket elsewhere. Got it?
    Then the football club sues you for the remaining money on the contract after you refuse to honour your financial commitments and wins their slam-dunk case of breach of contract.

Got it?

Then the football club sues you for the remaining money on the contract after you refuse to honour your financial commitments and wins their slam-dunk case of breach of contract.

Got it?
    Then other groups, countries, clubs and sports looks at the person who has shown to be untrustworthy and goes "I can't trust this person to guarantee their commitments so let's make arrangements with the richer, larger, more trustworthy group of people they just left."

7+ Year Old Account

Got it?
    And the UK then says our sovereign interpretation of international law is different from yours and we do not recognise it, sorry nope still not paying.

Get that.
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    And the UK then says our sovereign interpretation of international law is different from yours and we do not recognise it, sorry nope still not paying.

Get that.
    The question is

If the UK is unwilling to honor deals they have made and they have shaped why should the UK be trusted on any deal?

That is the real question

Is the UK trustworthy at all?

Get that.
    So you want the UK to be an international pariah state, along with North Korea and Iran. Got it. Glad we cleared up that you hate Britain.

7+ Year Old Account
    So you want the UK to be an international pariah state, along with North Korea and Iran. Got it. Glad we cleared up that you hate Britain.
    I think you will find in Law the EU owe us 10 billion euro, let's hope they don't want to be international pariahs ey?

We do not owe the EU any money as a Brexit divorce bill. That is the conclusion that Martin Howe QC, Chairman of Lawyers for Britain, and Charlie Elphicke MP have come to after an exhaustive analysis (click to download full report) of the claims the EU Commission sent to the British Government in June. The Government would, therefore, be right to stand firm and not be blackmailed into a multi-billion pound divorce bill. Particularly as it transpires that the legal position is that the EU owes us €10 billion.

https://lawyersforbritain.org/we-don...e-eu-any-money

Howzat!

Quote Originally Posted by Xarkan View Post
    The question is

If the UK is unwilling to honor deals they have made and they have shaped why should the UK be trusted on any deal?

That is the real question

Is the UK trustworthy at all?
    If you were the Chinese or Russian governments (or anyone else critical of Western hegemony) wouldn't you be absolutely delighted that the two most dominant Western powers are so determined to make themselves as untrustworthy and unlikable as possible???

Quote Originally Posted by mojojojo202 View Post
    If you were the Chinese or Russian governments (or anyone else critical of Western hegemony) wouldn't you be absolutely delighted that the two most dominant Western powers are so determined to make themselves as untrustworthy and unlikable as possible???
    Well, EU and US have already proven themselves untrustworthy in Ukraine as far as Russia is concerned.

I think you will find in Law the EU owe us 10 billion euro, let's hope they don't want to be international pariahs ey?

We do not owe the EU any money as a Brexit divorce bill. That is the conclusion that Martin Howe QC, Chairman of Lawyers for Britain, and Charlie Elphicke MP have come to after an exhaustive analysis (click to download full report) of the claims the EU Commission sent to the British Government in June. The Government would, therefore, be right to stand firm and not be blackmailed into a multi-billion pound divorce bill. Particularly as it transpires that the legal position is that the EU owes us €10 billion.

Howzat!
    I do not recall the EU ever saying that it will not honour any commitments to UK-based organisations. In fact, that blog does not consider the commitments that the UK has made to European Union research projects that are currently active and due to run into the 2020s at all.

That blog is a collection of hard-brexiteer wet dreams written by lawyers. It is hardly an independent source. In fact, right on the front page it says that they intend to

Counter attempts to frustrate or delay the implementation of the British people’s decision to leave the EU
    So basically they are Nigel Farage, dribbles and Boris Johnson, except they have a law degree. Excuse me while I look elsewhere for independent, sound legal analysis of Brexit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Well, EU and US have already proven themselves untrustworthy in Ukraine as far as Russia is concerned.
    We give less than a shit as to what bullshit de jour you are using to justify your illegal occupation of Ukraine and the Crimea, comrade.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Howzat!
    Not out!

It's the opinion piece of a bunch of Brexiteer lawyers...

Quote Originally Posted by LeGin Tufnel View Post
    Not out!

Aye, that site is basically the legalese version of the Daily Mail or the Express. Or some Joe Blogg's editorial on blogspot.

7+ Year Old Account
    Not out!

Not just any old lawyers but silk lawyers, if you please, the finest in the EU. Some of whom write and form EU law for a living...

Anyone find a better legal opinion by someone more qualified link it? Put up or shut up, get that juicy EU cheque book out and write one for 10 bn payable to the UK, interest is running, chop chop eurochums...

Not just any old lawyers but silk lawyers, if you please, the finest in the EU. Some of whom write and form EU law for a living...

Anyone find a better legal opinion by someone more qualified link it? Put up or shut up, get that juicy EU cheque book out and write one for 10 bn payable to the UK, interest is running, chop chop eurochums...
    Interest, insofar any is applicable, doesn't start accumulating until the UK leaves. And that hasn't happened yet. In case you hadn't noticed.

Yeah we have some proper Class A politicians in Westminster. One that really does draw the line, one that sees things go up in fragrant smoke and a couple that dodged a spell in the joint.

Yeah we have some proper Class A politicians in Westminster. One that really does draw the line, one that sees things go up in fragrant smoke and a couple that dodged a spell in the joint.
    Cocaine isn't all it's cracked up to be.

Cocaine isn't all it's cracked up to be.
    Some people think it helps them get out of the weeds.

I can't roll a joint to save my life: I'm such a dope, I always make a hash of it.

I now only ever smoke my pot through a dog:

CANNABLISS!

CANNABLISS!
    I can't shake the feeling that those Tories watched this section of Ali G and thought they were Dangerous Dave: