View Poll Results: 10 days left, what'll it be?

Voters
92. This poll is closed
  • Hard Brexit (crash out)

45 48.91%
  • No Brexit (Remain by revoking A50)

24 26.09%
  • Withdrawal Agreement (after a new session is called)

0 0%
  • Extension + Withdrawal Agreement

3 3.26%
  • Extension + Crashout

9 9.78%
  • Extension + Remain

11 11.96%
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    Honestly I don't know whether that would be the case. My gut feeling is that the PM (regardless of their Brexit stance) would not ignore parliament and refuse to seek an extension when required to do so by law and I suspect that if they did it would bring down the government.
    Or the conundrum leads to a general election where comres polling released today shows that Boris Johnson is the last great hope for remainers looking for a soft brexit.

Brexit Party could win up to 252 MPs depending on next Tory Leader

https://www.westmonster.com/brexit-p...-to-forecast1/

Only Boris can slow down the Brexit party, anyone else leads to building a wall at Dover and making the EU pay. I'm not sure if I should wish that parliament does try to force Boris to ask for an extension and we get a General Election instead to allow the Brexit party to storm in. Or if it would be better to just leave on WTO terms by Boris refusing to send it. Either way what a sad position for remainers to be in, cheerleaders for Boris Johnson.

One way of uniting the country I suppose. Go Boris!
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

Imagine relying on Boris Johnson to deliver something for you

Quote Originally Posted by Butler to Baby Sloths View Post
    The EU doesn't want to be the bad guy in this. If the UK asks for an extension they will get it. In April people were saying that there would be lots of string attached to a second extension, and the UK essentially got it for nothing.
    Strings were attached, they just don't get talked about much - one main one was "no re-opening of the withdrawal agreement" that we agreed to in order to get the extension but the Conservative party has obviously completely ignored since.

Ideally the next extension (if they do grant one, at this point i'm leaning towards hoping they don't) should absolutely require either a GE or a second referendum, since nothing else is going to fix this issue at this point.
    Last edited by Dizzeeyooo; 2019-06-12 at 01:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    Or the conundrum leads to a general election where comres polling released today shows that Boris Johnson is the last great hope for remainers looking for a soft brexit.

Brexit Party could win up to 252 MPs depending on next Tory Leader

https://www.westmonster.com/brexit-p...-to-forecast1/

Only Boris can slow down the Brexit party, anyone else leads to building a wall at Dover and making the EU pay. I'm not sure if I should wish that parliament does try to force Boris to ask for an extension and we get a General Election instead to allow the Brexit party to storm in. Or if it would be better to just leave on WTO terms by Boris refusing to send it. Either way what a sad position for remainers to be in, cheerleaders for Boris Johnson.

One way of uniting the country I suppose. Go Boris!
    Letting the electorate decide, either by a GE of referendum, is more likely than the PM ignoring the instructions of Parliament.

The prediction that Johnson could lead a Con majority seems overly optimistic to me especially considering that at the time of the poll's release he had not even started his leadership campaign nor let anyone know what his policies may be. Although now he has launched his campaign I don't think anyone is really any wiser in that regard apart from he is apparently not aiming for no-deal.

Letting the electorate decide, either by a GE of referendum, is more likely than the PM ignoring the instructions of Parliament.

The prediction that Johnson could lead a Con majority seems overly optimistic to me especially considering that at the time of the poll's release he had not even started his leadership campaign nor let anyone know what his policies may be. Although now he has launched his campaign I don't think anyone is really any wiser in that regard apart from he is apparently not aiming for no-deal.
    One of the reasons why an new election is unlikely is because the conservative know that they will get annihilated this time around so there is a lack of motivation.

Ofc a new election would probably be the best solution if a party wins with a strong mandate (whatever the mandate is) which is also unlikely.

Quote Originally Posted by Dizzeeyooo View Post
    Imagine relying on Boris Johnson to deliver something for you
    He is pretty handy on a bicycle.
    The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

Quote Originally Posted by Afrospinach View Post
    He is pretty handy on a bicycle.
    Also pretty handy if you want an illegitimate baby or the address of a journalist (so you can send people round to beat them up), but there we are.
    #Conservativevalues

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ati87 View Post
    One of the reasons why an new election is unlikely is because the conservative know that they will get annihilated this time around so there is a lack of motivation.

Ofc a new election would probably be the best solution if a party wins with a strong mandate (whatever the mandate is) which is also unlikely.
    That isn't what latest polls say though.

BOJO LANDSLIDE Boris Johnson would lead Tories to 140-seat majority and wipe out Farage’s Brexit Party, new poll says

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/927630...-poll-commons/

The question is if the Tories are wise enough to make him PM.
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

God I'd love to see the Brexit party lead the UK, they'll ruin the UK after leaving the EU.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crispin View Post
    God I'd love to see the Brexit party lead the UK, they'll ruin the UK after leaving the EU.
    Dont be silly

To actually actively ruin anything they would have to show up

They would follow Farage's lead

There is no risk

MPs block the cross party attempt to stop a no-deal Brexit.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-48613921

@dribbles, you must be happy.

10+ Year Old Account
    MPs block the cross party attempt to stop a no-deal Brexit.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-48613921

@dribbles, you must be happy.
    The delusion that the EU is open to changing the terms of the withdrawal agreement is still extant in Parliament, I see.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    The delusion that the EU is open to changing the terms of the withdrawal agreement is still extant in Parliament, I see.
    I'm sorry have you quoted me by mistake?

7+ Year Old Account
    On the contrary. The vote this afternoon gives a mandate to the new PM to prorogue parliament or to actively pursue a no deal should they wish. If MP's had wanted to stop either of those possibilities parliament would have supported this bill.

Finally the house, albeit like a behemoth, is gradually coming around to serving the will of the people who pay its wages.

Buckle up for no deal in October eurochums... tick tock.

10+ Year Old Account
    On the contrary. The vote this afternoon gives a mandate to the new PM to prorogue parliament
    Pffffthahaha. Someone forgot that Letwin-Cooper actually passed regardless of this vote, so there's no "mandate" to prorogue parliament.

or to actively pursue a no deal should they wish. If MP's had wanted to stop either of those possibilities parliament would have supported this bill.

Finally the house, albeit like a behemoth, is gradually coming around to serving the will of the people who pay its wages.

Buckle up for no deal in October eurochums... tick tock.
    If you believe the people will a no deal Brexit, how about a simple referendum between Remain and No-Deal.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    You are more of a "The Times" person? No problem then, from today's edition...
    Nope, try again.
    Speciation Is Gradual

That isn't what latest polls say though.

BOJO LANDSLIDE Boris Johnson would lead Tories to 140-seat majority and wipe out Farage’s Brexit Party, new poll says

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/927630...-poll-commons/

The question is if the Tories are wise enough to make him PM.
    Instead of reading a trash tabloid maybe you should read actual news websites that bothers putting context tin there articles. May trusted early polling when she decided to hold the last snap election.....but the moment the campaigning starts things usually turn out very different.

Or how about 2008 Clinton who assumed that she would win the democratic primary...

Pffffthahaha. Someone forgot that Letwin-Cooper actually passed regardless of this vote...
    The Cooper-Letwin bill has nothing to do with today's vote it dictated that Parliament must seek an extension to A50 past April 12th in order prevent a no-deal Brexit which the government did.

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Not worth your energy... except the energy to make this post? You could literally have said nothing. Which, in fairness, is what you more or less did here.
    Aren't you one of the guys regularly calling on others not to engage trolls and/or sockpuppets?

Quote Originally Posted by sqeek View Post
    When will you uneducated kids just stfu and accept the result?. People voted to get out of the EU, no deals added in yet you keep delaying it. I wonder if you would want a 2nd referendum if the result was reversed.

You're putting out conspiracy theories of how the economy will collapse when this country existed for years and years without being in the EU.
    When the UK still had its overseas empire you mean... which is 80+ years ago. Newsflash kiddo: We live in a global and highly mobile society now....Unity is the way forwards lest you get overwhelmed by the more populous, wealthier China, USA, EU.

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Even I want to have a bit of fun with such blatantly obvious ones from time to time though
    Painting a target on yourself for jeers and japes that only brave little burners dare throw out? Some kinda fun.

You do you, though.