View Poll Results: 10 days left, what'll it be?

Voters
92. This poll is closed
  • Hard Brexit (crash out)

45 48.91%
  • No Brexit (Remain by revoking A50)

24 26.09%
  • Withdrawal Agreement (after a new session is called)

0 0%
  • Extension + Withdrawal Agreement

3 3.26%
  • Extension + Crashout

9 9.78%
  • Extension + Remain

11 11.96%
    Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    Nice to see our hard working MEP's making the most of their short stay. No one explains it better than my Page 3 girl Anne rejoicing at the soon to be emancipated from the EU British slaves.
    I wondered whether you'd be able to resist posting that.

What an embarrassment! She is a fucking loon!

10+ Year Old Account
    Way to trivialise actual slavery with acting like being in the EU is in any way comparable to it.

Ann Widdecombe is a piece of shit that's full of it.

Quote Originally Posted by zealo View Post
    Way to trivialise actual slavery with acting like being in the EU is in any way comparable to it.

Ann Widdecombe is a piece of shit that's full of it.
    Unfortunately she gets let off because she became media savvy by trying to look like the lovable fool in Strictly come dancing. Although in the celeb big brother for sane people she became extremely more Toxic when her homophobic rants occured. That and being on Celeb Big Brother.

15+ Year Old Account
    Ah and it's back again about fishing.

Well, what great politicians you've sent to the EU parliament. Well done, Britain, well done.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    Ah and it's back again about fishing.

Well, what great politicians you've sent to the EU parliament. Well done, Britain, well done.
    And yet the guy who was meant to represent British fishing interests only once went to meetings to discuss fishing. Then went on boats during leave campaign pretending to stand up for fishing and deflected when called out. But that's Farage through and through.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    And yet the guy who was meant to represent British fishing interests only once went to meetings to discuss fishing. Then went on boats during leave campaign pretending to stand up for fishing and deflected when called out. But that's Farage through and through.
    He's the best, standing up for true British fishermen that also don't do much and just hang out on boats, I guess.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-48899814

Shadow Chancellor is telling Corbyn to back 2nd vote and remain. Plus upto half a dozen maybe more Labour MPs are going to break their NDAs (Labour party said they oppose NDAs yet impose them) and talk to panorama about anti semitism in the party.

Quote Originally Posted by pathwathalas View Post
    Try to understand the concept of sample bias, moron.

Despite the bleating of you, the remainers, and the right-wing media, Labour are actually 2 points ahead in the latest poll from Opinium.

In recent polls we have seen both the Brexit party and the Liberal Democrats take the lead, the Tories go into fourth place and other things that are very unlikely to be reflected in a general election.
    I usually ignore what you have to say as you are a waste of time however what bias do you think there is the Yougov sample? Yougov publish the data behind their polls and looking through it they have a good spread across voters, gender, age groups, location and social groups.

https://d25d2506sfb94s.cloudfront.ne...Trackers_w.pdf

Where is this supposed bias?

I would suggest that if Yougov's polls did suffer from sample bias they would not have lasted for almost twenty years nor would they be able to attract over £100million worth of business per annum.

Labour are ahead in the latest Opinium poll, as they have been in six of the last seven Westminster voting polls by Opinium (I suppose this is evidence that their samples are free from bias?!?), but they, like the Cons, are still a long way from the result they achieved in 2017.

I am not sure why you think that my bleating would have any impact on polling results or why you think a narrow 2 point lead over the Cons at 25% is anything to celebrate. Given how utterly dreadful the Cons are and how badly they have handled Brexit this is not a good sign for Lab, especially as polling suggests that voters feel that Corbyn would be less competent at running the country than Johnson; https://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...-a8991551.html

The polls are somewhat unpredictable at present hence my comment about twists and turns and I had assumed that someone who read my post would have the intelligence to be able to workout that the latest polling result is not necessarily indicative of a GE result and indeed it seems that most people were able to grasp this concept.
    Last edited by Pann; 2019-07-07 at 05:46 PM.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-48909477

The bitch (Kate Hoey) will be leaving next election. Although I find it funny Corbyn never booted her from the party like he did Campbell when they're both guilty of the same thing. Campbell for saying he voted Lib Dem once. Her stating she'd always be voting for Brexit party.

That is if she doesn't change her mind again.

Ooh... will Lab shift their Brexit policy? This could be interesting (but like everything Brexit related will probably go nowhere).

https://twitter.com/iainjwatson/stat...79025497976834

10+ Year Old Account
    Nice to see our hard working MEP's making the most of their short stay. No one explains it better than my Page 3 girl Anne rejoicing at the soon to be emancipated from the EU British slaves.
    Hmmm...

Sorry to disappoint, but I am bowing out in a mission accomplished kind of way, brexit thanks to people like me is now inevitable.

My views are not welcome here, despite being one of the 17.4 million leavers and trying to represent the majority of the UK electorate. No one else other than me appears to want to do it here, I wonder why. No, I'll tell you ...The appointment of a new EU fanatical sheriff here in a Junkeresque anointmental EU kind of way who cannot keep his pre promotion biased views separate from the supposedly impartial "job" taken on has ensured no pro brexit British people will ever post here. Example...

An open and honest two sided discussion is not possible any longer with an opposing dictatorial viewpoint controlling the playground.

So I'll leave you in your pro EU/remoaner echo chamber in ever diminishing numbers to slap your happy EU backs, free to nation bash Britain unfettered as much as you like.

Go for it eurochums knock yourselves out we are big enough to take it, I'll still see you on the main boards where we will continue to happily converse free of the Brexit topic on my main, not alt, account.

So goodbye from me to you here, will see you there. And don't forget, for one last time, Tick Tock.
    This aged as well as a promise to use EU funds for the NHS.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

The Donald weighs in on the Brexit debate (because someone said something nasty about him); https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/...98496140820480
    Last edited by Pann; 2019-07-08 at 07:01 PM.

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    https://twitter.com/Plaid_Cymru/stat...55542353305601
    now guess who is also thinking about independence...

england will be lonely soon, it all this stuff happens

Quote Originally Posted by ranzino View Post
    https://twitter.com/Plaid_Cymru/stat...55542353305601
    now guess who is also thinking about independence...

england will be lonely soon, it all this stuff happens
    Thing is there was a poll late last year back where Tory Brexiteers were pretty much happy to ditch Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland if it means to push through brexit.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...-politics-live

I somehow doubt that has dropped by a lot.

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    Thing is there was a poll late last year back where Tory Brexiteers were pretty much happy to ditch Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland if it means to push through brexit.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...-politics-live

I somehow doubt that has dropped by a lot.
    Scotland, Wales and NI should cooperate to call the bluff in public. the following "WTF ??" moments in the UK would be priceless.

https://twitter.com/DavidHeadViews/s...48807038844934

Liam Fox tells @BBCr4today that he is off to Washington DC for #Brexit-related talks with (wait for it) Ivanka. And you thought things couldn't get any worse.

01:36 - 8. Juli 2019
    Apparently, Ivanka is handling Brexit stuff for the USA now. I don't even know what to say...
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    And they don't win a GE in the meantime.

Still sticking to his caveats.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

Britain Elects have released the latest Yougov Westminster voting intention poll results. In the scenario where Johnson is PM and GE is called before Brexit the Cons would be equal with the LDs on 23% of the vote this jumps to 28% for the Cons if the election was held after Brexit, weirdly 14% would still vote the BXP in this scenario.

In both scenarios Lab would only receive 17% of the vote - will Corbyn's support of remain in the event of a 2nd ref. be enough to reverse Lab's fortunes or will it be too little, too late? Or worse will this alienate leave Lab voters?

It will be interesting to see the next the Yougov Westminster poll to see what difference Lab's new policy and tonight's Con leadership debate make.

Whilst all polls are somewhat all over the place they all show that neither the Cons or Lab would be likely to form a majority in the event of a GE - has the two party stranglehold finally been broken? Or will it all return to normal post Brexit?

https://mailchi.mp/f7643146f4aa/bori...-poll-suggests

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    And they don't win a GE in the meantime.

Still sticking to his caveats.
    They haven't said what would happen in the event of an early GE so I can only assume that they would stick with the rumoured plan of somehow negotiating a better deal with the EU than the Tories and then campaigning against it in a ref.

Still at least Lab supporters can take heart that no doubt Hunt or Johnson will say something more bonkers in tonight's leadership debate. Perhaps one of them will suggest that post Brexit the upper class will be able to use packs of dogs to chase EU officials around the countryside whilst they follow on horse back, all dressed in red.

Quote Originally Posted by pswathal View Post
    I'm not sure what your issue is with that. Ivanka is politically liberal and relatively intelligent. It makes sense for one of a few relatively reasonable to conduct negotiations-I can't honestly think of a better candidate that could represent Trump.
    The sad truth is, you say this unironically... and that makes it even more sad, because it's true.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    IIRC, Hunt has actually mentioned that he'd try to get the ban on fox hunting reversed (what a garbage thing to do!) so he could very well do something along the lines of what you suggest, just perhaps not with EU officials lol
    Hmm, a leaked internal Tory memo suggests that using EU officials would be popular with Green voters, who would rather that Basil Brush was not torn apart by some toffs' dogs, as well as BXP voters, who aren't too fussed about dogs tearing things apart.

I should add that the dogs would not be allowed to tear apart actual EU officials, only chase them, and when the toffs eventually catch them, they will hand over piece of EU legislation that will then ceremoniously be torn to shreds by a braying mob of Nigel Farage supporters.
    Last edited by Pann; 2019-07-09 at 01:22 PM.