View Poll Results: 10 days left, what'll it be?

Voters
92. This poll is closed
  • Hard Brexit (crash out)

45 48.91%
  • No Brexit (Remain by revoking A50)

24 26.09%
  • Withdrawal Agreement (after a new session is called)

0 0%
  • Extension + Withdrawal Agreement

3 3.26%
  • Extension + Crashout

9 9.78%
  • Extension + Remain

11 11.96%
    Quote Originally Posted by Riversong View Post
    Don't be stupid the mans a clown and a bumbling fool, DO NOT be swayed by honeyed words, he's already lied to you before whats stopping him from doing it again?!
    What? What does your post have to do with anything I have written? Did you even bother to read the article?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    As long as he doesn't sign the existing surrender document/WA. Good it seems from Reuters that the EU are ready to capitulate, otherwise D-Day must be October 31st, deal or no deal just as the PM in waiting has indicated.
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

10+ Year Old Account
    That you people after years of them lying and playing you like fools, still put any stock in anything they say is honestly shocking.

Boris is a populist, he'll say anything that makes him look better till he's in the driver seat. The last few weeks he said the same opposite merely days apart.
    You're still going "oh he might not be so bad!", i understand it's human nature to downplay terrible outcomes as it makes it easier to process it, but really putting any stock in anything they do now and you might as well buy some magic beans from someone.

He is full of shit, the EU has said time and time again same as with May you can go to every government on the continent as much you want, you can make as many nice tours within the EU as you want, you are not dealing with member states you are dealing with the EU period.
    This is the exact same thing May did, the exact same thing and you're still buying it.

So you have two options, you believe him, you believe the sunday times or you believe the EU who has been saying repeatedly there won't be a deal with individual member states, the head of states who have said there won't be individual deals with member states.

One side has been competent and consistent the other side has been playing you like a fool.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    D-Day must be October 31st, deal or no deal just as the PM in waiting has indicated.
    I'm actually somewhat looking forward to seeing your reaction when this doesn't happen :P

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    I'm actually somewhat looking forward to seeing your reaction when this doesn't happen :P
    Just scroll back to march, then april, then may, then june and so on. ^^
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    Just scroll back to march, then april, then may, then june and so on. ^^
    The difference is that when no deal doesn't happen in October, whoever the resulting PM is will have no choice but to call a no deal vs no Brexit referendum, which will almost certainly result in no Brexit, at which point it's highly possible that Dribbles will spontaneously combust with rage :P

Has the actual article been published, has anyone read it? Because considering there is one actual quote which doesn't have much bearing on the headline beyond pointing out that No Deal is bad and should be avoided then this is most likely propaganda pushed by Johnson's allies by a Johnson allied paper.

Quote Originally Posted by Kronik85 View Post
    Has the actual article been published, has anyone read it? Because considering there is one actual quote which doesn't have much bearing on the headline beyond pointing out that No Deal is bad and should be avoided then this is most likely propaganda pushed by Johnson's allies by a Johnson allied paper.
    This article on the BBC is a bit more detailed and contains some direct quotes: https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-49060801

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Coveney
    The EU has made it very clear that we want to engage with the new British prime minister, we want to avoid a no-deal Brexit but the solutions that have been put in place to do that haven't changed.

If the British government forces a no-deal Brexit on everybody else, the Republic of Ireland will have no choice but to protect its own place in the EU single market. That would fundamentally disrupt the all-Ireland economy.
    Essentially, the WA isn't getting a re-write. The EU won't change it. The UK has three options: it agrees to the WA, it rescinds A50 notice, or it leaves with no deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Butler to Baby Sloths View Post
    This article on the BBC is a bit more detailed and contains some direct quotes: https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-49060801
    Already read that this morning, I didn't connect the 2 because that's from Marr this morning (didn't watch, had a lie in after playing TFT all night....don't tell the wife) and Pann's link is talking about an article from The Sunday Times which says the exact opposite of what Coveney is saying on Marr. Which is why I ask " has anyone read this article in The Sunday Times?". I think it's behind a paywall atm.
    Last edited by Kronik85; 2019-07-21 at 04:41 PM.

It's in today's Times but it is behind a pay wall. There might be some truth to it or there might not, I guess we'll have to wait and see.

The article is in this Reddit post; https://www.reddit.com/r/ukpolitics/...boris_johnson/

It does not contradict what Coveney said this morning however there is talk about a bilateral deal between Dublin and Westminster which I saw the possibility of this mentioned in an Irish Times article earlier this week.

This might turn out to be nothing or it could be end up being extremely important.
    Last edited by Pann; 2019-07-21 at 04:43 PM.

7+ Year Old Account

Essentially, the WA isn't getting a re-write. The EU won't change it. The UK has three options: it agrees to the WA, it rescinds A50 notice, or it leaves with no deal.
    The BBC is consistently wrong in its analysis of the Irish border and continued emphasis on a supposed insurance policy and you yourself fail to quote the most important section, and so...

In the event of a no deal Coveney says:- (directly from your bbc link)

"checks "of some sorts" would be needed in the Irish Republic"

But crucially he fails to say in the event of a no deal those checks will need to be AT the border.

So in a no deal, with no backstop, there will be no hard border with the UK. No problem. And yet for a deal the EU are insisting on something, a backstop as insurance, they are not going to get if there is a no deal. All of a sudden its a massive problem.

The EU have a ridiculous negotiating position and under no circumstances, deal or no deal, are they getting a backstop.
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

It's in today's Times but it is behind a pay wall. There might be some truth to it or there might not, I guess we'll have to wait and see.

The article is in this Reddit post; https://www.reddit.com/r/ukpolitics/...boris_johnson/

It does not contradict what Coveney said this morning however there is talk about a bilateral deal between Dublin and Westminster which I saw the possibility of this mentioned in an Irish Times article earlier this week.

This might turn out to be nothing or it could be end up being extremely important.
    Don't see anything positive in there that isn't from a source allied with Johnson. To say I'm sceptical is an understatement. Good job finding the article.

Don't see anything positive in there that isn't from a source allied with Johnson. To say I'm sceptical is an understatement. Good job finding the article.
    Fair enough, I just thought it might be of interest.

7+ Year Old Account
    The Irish government , or Irish Times are not allied to Boris.

No-deal Brexit will see checks on UK imports but not at border, says Goverment

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/poli...ment-1.3951392

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    There is also the option of another extension (the most likely option at the moment).

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    There is also the option of another extension (the most likely option at the moment).
    who will be asking for extension ? unless Commons could force PM Johnson to do so or he is all of a sudden interested in a never ending cycle, it wont happen.

Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    The EU have a ridiculous negotiating position and under no circumstances, deal or no deal, are they getting a backstop.
    This is your daily reminder that the Backstop was asked for and written by the UK.

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    This is your daily reminder that the Backstop was asked for and written by the UK.
    "NI only" backstop on the table in theory still ? BoJo could save some face with a "most of UK" brexit. ok, Scotland will object after oct 31, but technically PM Boris was successful

Apparently BoJo was "visibly shaken" when the civil service told him that food and water would not be the highest priority for imports in the case of no deal:

https://twitter.com/maitlis/status/1152813414424678400

I mean, we know what'll happen. He'll ignore it didn't happen and pretend it was his plan all along. Then he'll continue to antagonize this forum in what must be the longest unmoderated troll in the history of the internet.

- - - Updated - - -

The difference is that when no deal doesn't happen in October, whoever the resulting PM is will have no choice but to call a no deal vs no Brexit referendum, which will almost certainly result in no Brexit, at which point it's highly possible that Dribbles will spontaneously combust with rage :P
    Mark my words, it'll be the day he announces he's been a Remainer all along and was just doing all of this to rile you guys up into action.

- - - Updated - - -

Any bilateral deals member states of the EU are making can only concern things the EU doesn't handle itself. So expect that deal to be about the breeding regulations for mail delivering swallows (Africa) and not anything of actual importance.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ranzino View Post
    "NI only" backstop on the table in theory still ? BoJo could save some face with a "most of UK" brexit. ok, Scotland will object after oct 31, but technically PM Boris was successful
    This would actually interfere with the integrity of the Union. The United Kingdom cannot agree to that as much as the EU can't agree to just leave the Irish border open and trust that the British won't exploit it.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.