View Poll Results: 10 days left, what'll it be?

Voters
92. This poll is closed
  • Hard Brexit (crash out)

45 48.91%
  • No Brexit (Remain by revoking A50)

24 26.09%
  • Withdrawal Agreement (after a new session is called)

0 0%
  • Extension + Withdrawal Agreement

3 3.26%
  • Extension + Crashout

9 9.78%
  • Extension + Remain

11 11.96%
    Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    I agree we likely face a quick autumn GE. The purge of faux Lib Dem Conservatives infecting their party left over from the Cameron/Clegg days can't come soon enough. Johnson vs Corbyn? Corbyn doesn't stand a chance, he is as electable as a slug, bring on that Brexit/Tory Party - Farage/Johnson coalition government by Christmas!

The EU will be looking back at the Theresa May days and wondering where they went so wrong.
    So you're cheering for 2 "politicians" who's political project is only "Brexit", you hope they'll have it done by October and then "govern" the UK after that on no political platform?

How on earth did you end up hating the UK so much?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Rather, they'll be happy you are finally out.
    Precisely. This extension was wasted on internal politics in the UK, it's a no deal brexit or an extension that has some actual content, and not british politicians wasting time.

7+ Year Old Account
    Rather, they'll be happy you are finally out.
    You think so?

See if I were a business with 28 customers - the EU, who lost one of its top 3 to a competitor - the USA/Rest of the World, I wouldn't be very happy at all.

In fact I'd be doing all I could to keep one of my major customers, offering them cake and cherries, accommodating their wishes to the best of my ability. My business would be far weaker to just watch them walk out the door...
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

You think so?

See if I were a business with 28 customers - the EU, who lost one of its top 3 to a competitor - the USA/Rest of the World, I wouldn't be very happy at all.

In fact I'd be doing all I could to keep one of my major customers, offering them cake and cherries, accommodating their wishes to the best of my ability. My business would be far weaker to just watch them walk out the door...
    Fair point, it will hurt the EU. And yes, good customers should get special treatment, exactly like the UK has now.

It becomes a problem when the customer starts to demand more and more and more. At some point you have to draw a line or you go bankrupt accomodating that one customer. It hurts, but it's necessary.

Meanwhile, customers tending to leverage their position, can often overestimate their reception at a new business.

10+ Year Old Account
    You think so?

Bring it on.

If the UK wants to shoot themselves in the foot, we should let them.

Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Either way the result will be a remain victory and this time the margin will be so wide it will leave no doubt.
    I highly doubt that. At this point I wouldn't be surprised if leave won by a greater margin.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gelannerai View Post

Remember, legally no one sane takes Tucker Carlson seriously.

They are not customers. They are trade partners. They sell to the EU quite a fair bit too. And what they mostly sell (services) is not something they will be able to sell anywhere else because service trade agreements are non-existent. The EU is one of the few places that afford some limited freedom in service trade.
    You are absolutely right, of course. But in Dribbles limited viewing of this matter, they are, in part, also customers, because they buy things from the EU.

That the UK basically has 1 customer responsible for 80% of their business, and they pissed them off... Well that's a different discussion entirely.

Farage on Radio 2 questioning Johnson's patchy policy record...

Less than an hour after getting elected he's already setting up BoJo as not a pure enough Brexiteer...

Quote Originally Posted by mojojojo202 View Post

Less than an hour after getting elected he's already setting up BoJo as not a pure enough Brexiteer...
    Johnson supporters are on the radio right now saying his aim is to add detail to the political declaration only, not to re-open the withdrawal agreement - so you can't blame Brexit true believer lunatics for a little bit of immediate buyer's remorse (presumably Johnson's ex-wives felt the same ).
    Last edited by Dizzeeyooo; 2019-07-23 at 12:40 PM.

That's because unlike when he was in UKIP which doesn't have a view on becoming a party that forms governments. The Brexit Party has the funding behind it from some dubious backers east of Poland that want the Brexit party to be the government in this country. So essentially Farage is now playing party politics, trying to win support from people that voted brexit party in the euro election that will jump back to conservatives because of Bojo.

Painting him as not brexit enough is the only way to do it.

You think so?

And your business would go broke rather quickly. See, no business enslaves itself to the customer. That's a myth they feed you. If the customer starts costing too much money to be profitable, they're shown the door. And honestly, nobody gives a fuck about you being a customer if you don't pay up your debt. Good luck in the real world.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    potentially avoiding austerity altogether.
    The only way that would have happened in 2010 is if the Green party won.

Labour's austerity plan called for more cuts than we actually took between 2010 and 2015. Austerity wasn't just some Tory fantasy plan.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

So, the UK is still wondering what BoJo is doing, you guys are already discussing party politics and electorates and how the BXP will play into it all...

While the EU, single-minded, just reiterates the only thing that actually matters. Within seconds of BoJo's PM announcement. I think they're trying to make a point here.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...-a9016911.html

The EU has shot down Boris Johnson’s Brexit plan within moments of his appointment as Tory leader, in the latest sign that the bloc has no plans to make concessions.

In an intervention timed to coincide with Mr Johnson’s election announcement, Frans Timmermans, the European Commission’s first vice president, told reporters in Brussels that the EU would not renegotiate.
    Just to make sure that everyone gets the message. Once more, one side has a plan and a strategy, the other side doesn't.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!

10+ Year Old Account
    They failed to bring about either voting reform or Lords reform they had promised.
    Except that one isn't their fault.

We voted that down in a referendum.

- - - Updated - - -

Johnson still can't resolve the Irish border, he won't be able to do shit.

Call his bluff and only offer an extension in exchange for a 2nd ref and watch Trump's younger brother sweat.

I vote to call his bluff and see the country vanish over the cliff's edge. Sometimes children need to feel the pain to learn the lesson.

Also, for no particular reason, I'd like to show this:

The real victims in all of this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    I vote to call his bluff and see the country vanish over the cliff's edge. Sometimes children need to feel the pain to learn the lesson.
    Sure punish the rest of us for a minority

Step back on the rhetoric, leave that to dribbles and his ilk.

The country won't go over the cliff edge, no matter how much you are baying for blood.

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    So, the UK is still wondering what BoJo is doing, you guys are already discussing party politics and electorates and how the BXP will play into it all...

While the EU, single-minded, just reiterates the only thing that actually matters. Within seconds of BoJo's PM announcement. I think they're trying to make a point here.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...-a9016911.html

Just to make sure that everyone gets the message. Once more, one side has a plan and a strategy, the other side doesn't.

It took what almost two years to get the last deal hammered out I seriously doubt the EU wants to drag this out another 2 years only to get to the exact same point they are at now.

10+ Year Old Account
    The deal isn't for renegotiation, nor should it be. May wasted precious time with her redlines, and anyone claiming they can renegotiate it is talking out of their arses.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    Well it is either the UK that crashes and burns or Brexit fails and anti-EU rhetoric gets louder in the rest of the EU.

Better the UK than the rest of us buddy.
    You think the UK leaving is going to quieten down the likes of Le Pen?

Short of us devolving into a third world country it'll empower them that it's possible.

10+ Year Old Account
    Cancelling Brexit at this point would just kick the can down the road for a bit, while the root cause of what even brought us to this point in the first place would still fester in the background.

No matter what happens, the UK needs to confront that issue head-on.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    Sure punish the rest of us for a minority

Step back on the rhetoric, leave that to dribbles and his ilk.

The country won't go over the cliff edge, no matter how much you are baying for blood.
    People are just frustrated is all. The EU clearly doesn't want the UK to fail out, or they wouldn't have given extensions to begin with. Nobody (sane) really WANTS to see decent people hurt because of the poor faith actions of a minority of individuals.

But just look at this thread. It was made almost 2 years ago, and is the 3rd most viewed/posted thread in that time (behind the Trump Shitshow and Mueller Investigation threads). But the discussion and arguments going back and forth in this thread are pretty much the exact same ones that were going on in it at the start, because the situation really hasn't changed fundamentally in the past two years. That's exhausting. People do still actually want the best outcome if it's possible. But if we can't get the best outcome, then we do need SOME outcome. And the longer this circus goes on, the lower the bar for 'what is an acceptable outcome' gets, because there are fewer and fewer people who still have hope that even a good outcome is possible anymore.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    You think the UK leaving is going to quieten down the likes of Le Pen?

Short of us devolving into a third world country it'll empower them that it's possible.
    This is very true. Does anyone really think Le Pen cares if the UK is harmed by leaving? Hell, does anyone think that Le Pen cares if France would be harmed if it left? These are a type of person who is extremely happy to see someone else sacrificed for the 'greater good'. Always someone else, of course. And the 'greater good' always ends up being suspiciously like the person hawking it getting all the benefits and everyone else paying for them. Hmm.