View Poll Results: 10 days left, what'll it be?

Voters
92. This poll is closed
  • Hard Brexit (crash out)

45 48.91%
  • No Brexit (Remain by revoking A50)

24 26.09%
  • Withdrawal Agreement (after a new session is called)

0 0%
  • Extension + Withdrawal Agreement

3 3.26%
  • Extension + Crashout

9 9.78%
  • Extension + Remain

11 11.96%
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    This must be some kind of parody?
    Yes; a parody by the name of Jacob Rees-Mogg.

Are we 100% sure Jacob Rees-Mogg isn't an escaped contestant from this old Monty Python skit?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    Look at the sorry state of Labour. Outclassed and outgunned on day 1 of perhaps the finest UK PM to come for decades.
    Imagine being so drunk on partisan kool-aid that a joke candidate like Boris Johnson looks like "the finest UK PM for decades".
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

I assure you, I thought the same. This seems to be real.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...rules-to-staff
    https://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...-a9022981.html
    https://www.irishtimes.com/news/worl...taff-1.3968689

It is being widely reported.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Back to the Victorian age. The British stiff upper lip and love affair with formality, stiffness and the idealized past is sickening. It's sad to watch this once great empire slowly slide all the way down to global irrelevancy. The British delusion that they're still big, powerful and in charge is perhaps the saddest part of it all.

Just look at this dude, get over yourself man.

Last edited by Ashina; 2019-07-27 at 11:14 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    This sadly isn't, it is when you appoint a person stuck in time to the house leader. This is the real face of those who voted for Brexit a time back to lords and servants, a time filled with misogyny and bigotry.

Great Britain the last western nation to not merely follow but admire a cast system, fucking disgusting and equally worse that the people of the UK are simply sitting by and letting this happen despite all their what i can call only now fake outrage about the EU, now being subjected as almost slaves to a government of fascist figures but i guess that is acceptable because it's the brits fucking the brits over, shame for the irish and scots but hey they were always simply sub humans in the eyes of the brits anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    "these are the guys who fast forward the servant parts of downton abbey"

Some of them are a bit silly but others are kind of insidious.

If you cant see the obvious intent behind discouraging phrases like 'equal', 'invest in' and 'no longer fit for purpose' you really need your head checking.

Also, Imperial measurements are objectively worse and if you prefer them you're a bad person.

7+ Year Old Account
    No pleasing some people. For months remainers and EU fanatics have said the British position is not clear yet now it is, they are still moaning.

So re-open the WA, remove the backstop and we can think about a deal.

Otherwise, no deal = no problem, let's go WTO and start spending the EU's £39bn.

Happy days.
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

15+ Year Old Account
    No pleasing some people. For months remainers and EU fanatics have said the British position is not clear yet now it is, they are still moaning.

So re-open the WA, remove the backstop and we can think about a deal.

Otherwise, no deal = no problem, let's go WTO and start spending the EU's £39bn.

Happy days.
    So a border with Ireland it is then.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    So a border with Ireland it is then.
    Source? Or just your musings?
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

15+ Year Old Account
    What do you mean source? Without the backstop or an agreement it means border between UK and Ireland.

And considering the UK wants to place their own tariffs on stuff, they need it too.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    What do you mean source? Without the backstop or an agreement it means border between UK and Ireland.

And considering the UK wants to place their own tariffs on stuff, they need it too.
    Well I looked, you can't find a source, I can't find a source, perhaps there isn't one?

Anyhow everything will be alright Herr Verhofstadt has offered "full support to the government & people of Ireland" you know just like they did to the Greeks in their time of crisis. That'll be alright then...

In the meantime he urges all eurochums to "keep calm" and carry on...

https://twitter.com/guyverhofstadt/s...43365239525376

Happy days.
    That 39 bn will last the government approximately one week at current spending (not including picking up grants and subsidies from the EU after leaving).

So happy 7 days, I guess?

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    I've never seen a person more happy to shoot themselves in the foot. It is fascinating.
    This is the same person who before cheering for no deal called for war with europe if they didn't give us a deal on 100% brexiteers terms. The one that attacks anyone with the slightest hint of european blood. I think even once said a civil war would be good to remove the remainers.

All these extreme views and attacks on posters and he is still at it and not even remotely pulled in by reality or even the mods for obvious rule breaking.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    This sadly isn't, it is when you appoint a person stuck in time to the house leader. This is the real face of those who voted for Brexit a time back to lords and servants, a time filled with misogyny and bigotry.

Great Britain the last western nation to not merely follow but admire a cast system, fucking disgusting and equally worse that the people of the UK are simply sitting by and letting this happen despite all their what i can call only now fake outrage about the EU, now being subjected as almost slaves to a government of fascist figures but i guess that is acceptable because it's the brits fucking the brits over, shame for the irish and scots but hey they were always simply sub humans in the eyes of the brits anyway.
    The people of the UK have marched many times against Brexit. This is a weird rant tbh and I'm pretty anti-britain myself. I've marched against Brexit, what else do you want us to do?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    The people of the UK have marched many times against Brexit. This is a weird rant tbh and I'm pretty anti-britain myself. I've marched against Brexit, what else do you want us to do?
    With all respect your protest are mild and ineffective, they don't put pressure on anyone and seems mostly ignored by those in charge. A good start would be to actually protest and economically cripple several areas for a while so that it cannot be ignored. This is what protests do in Europe, nation wide strikes.

What do you mean source? A no deal Brexit means a hard border in Ireland. That is just a fact. Without an agreement there has to be one. I mean, I get that you are excited about Brexit, the lead Brexiteers all know this and accept the risks (as they won't be the ones to suffer), but what you are doing is just...I am not even sure.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gelannerai View Post

Remember, legally no one sane takes Tucker Carlson seriously.

Some oddly familiar spending pledges, I've certainly never heard them before but I can't shake the deja vus.

Quote Originally Posted by BBC
    The prime minister set out the four "ingredients" for the success of the UK as liveability, connectivity, culture, and power and responsibility.
    I've no idea who's joking anymore whether it's the BBC or Boris who can't count but someone's having a laugh.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Don't march. Strike.
    - Lars

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tehealadin View Post
    What do you mean source? A no deal Brexit means a hard border in Ireland. That is just a fact. Without an agreement there has to be one. I mean, I get that you are excited about Brexit, the lead Brexiteers all know this and accept the risks (as they won't be the ones to suffer), but what you are doing is just...I am not even sure.
    Again do you have a source for that? There are plenty that say the opposite...

No Deal will cause Dublin such chaos that the EU intends to let them waive border checks. So much for the “backstop” being vital to avoid a hard border.

EU’s intention to let Ireland waive border checks threatens Remainers’ dream of second referendum or stopping Brexit

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/959621...hecks-ireland/

I get that many are upset, but can remainers stop spreading project fear falsehoods about there being a need for a hard border in Ireland?