View Poll Results: 10 days left, what'll it be?

Voters
92. This poll is closed
  • Hard Brexit (crash out)

45 48.91%
  • No Brexit (Remain by revoking A50)

24 26.09%
  • Withdrawal Agreement (after a new session is called)

0 0%
  • Extension + Withdrawal Agreement

3 3.26%
  • Extension + Crashout

9 9.78%
  • Extension + Remain

11 11.96%
    Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    Again do you have a source for that? There are plenty that say the opposite...

No Deal will cause Dublin such chaos that the EU intends to let them waive border checks. So much for the “backstop” being vital to avoid a hard border.

EU’s intention to let Ireland waive border checks threatens Remainers’ dream of second referendum or stopping Brexit

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/959621...hecks-ireland/

I get that many are upset, but can remainers stop spreading project fear falsehoods about there being a need for a hard border in Ireland?
    Holy shit The Sun says unnamed EU Officials say stuff that fits their agenda!? Well I'm sold xD.

I get that many are upset, but can remainers stop spreading project fear falsehoods about there being a need for a hard border in Ireland?
    The EU have laid their terms officially not unnamed sources, you think they are lying?

No-deal Brexit 'means hard border' - European Commission

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Muzjhath View Post
    Don't march. Strike.
    I'm a nurse, I'm not allowed to, nor would I.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    The EU have laid their terms officially not unnamed sources, you think they are lying?

No-deal Brexit 'means hard border' - European Commission
    So it is a dispute between Ireland and the EU then? As from your BBC link... The Irish government has repeated its stance that it will "not accept a hard border on this island".

Nothing to do with the UK then, its an internal EU dispute, the UK are not building a hard border under any circumstances. Deal or no deal. The obvious solution is the one my "The Sun" link reported today...
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

So it is a dispute between Ireland and the EU then? As from your BBC link... The Irish government has repeated its stance that it will "not accept a hard border on this island".

Nothing to do with the UK then, its an internal EU dispute, the UK are not building a hard border under any circumstances. Deal or no deal. The obvious solution is the one my "The Sun" link reported today...
    The Sun link has no official bearings whatsoever the EU's official stance on the subject has not changed, in a case of a no deal Brexit they will want the UK to hurt as much as possible.

The absence of border suggests there are agreements for free movement of people, services, and goods. How would you control the influx of evil europeans into the UK otherwise? And how do we make sure you're not selling us mad cow and over date stale beer? You could make sure the checks are done at ferries between NI and GB but NI already refused that.
    On the other hand, if it comes to no deal, and nothing is agreed that would make border checks go away, the Irish government will do its job and set border checks, but whatever shit happens as a consequence of this will be blamed squarely on the UK, because it couldn't ratify something it spent over 2 years negotiating, mostly because of points it insisting on having. Your cheeto of a PM will have even less success as her predecessor in getting what he really wants.
    You want no deal? Fine. But please stop playing Russian troll game and embrace the consequences.The EU set its stance 2 weeks after your referendum and hasn't budged since. You're just moving goal posts for the 1024th time. It's tiring.

Ah, i tried to read The Sun, mr Dribbles but it made my eyes bleed.. its badly put together, bad metaphores, bad sentence building... all geared for the simple-minded people who read it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Well I looked, you can't find a source, I can't find a source, perhaps there isn't one?

Anyhow everything will be alright Herr Verhofstadt has offered "full support to the government & people of Ireland" you know just like they did to the Greeks in their time of crisis. That'll be alright then...

In the meantime he urges all eurochums to "keep calm" and carry on...

https://twitter.com/guyverhofstadt/s...43365239525376
    You couldn't find a souce?

https://www.euronews.com/2019/07/26/...ant-it-ditched

- - - Updated - - -

So the UK wants to have no power over tariffs at all?

Well, you're going to have a pretty awesome time trying to negotiate trade agreements coming to the table with "we have open borders, yolo".
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    I'm a nurse, I'm not allowed to, nor would I.
    My point is that marches and demonstrations, sure fair. Do that. But they hardly help unless it also disrupts the economy somehow. So if the pro-EU people really want to make a point their wallets will have to take a hit. Or they have to organize it through their unions for some coverage. I get that some proffessions can't do that, say healthcare services.
    But it's a thing I feel hasn't been loud enough the last 30-40 years. We just march and go this is not what we want. We don't show it in ways that hurt us a bit but hurt the other a fuckload (and scare them).
    - Lars

So we've gotten to the point of having to explain basic geometry to dribbles lol.

A border between two shapes touches both shapes...
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

A kid grabs a fork and goes to stick it into an electrical socket. One parent see's it and tries to stop them, but the other parent pipes in with "PROJECT FEAR!". Pointing out the likely calamitous consequences is not "project fear". And again, it isn't a falsehood to say that there will be a hard border in Ireland due to no deal, because there will be.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gelannerai View Post

Remember, legally no one sane takes Tucker Carlson seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by tehealadin View Post
    A kid grabs a fork and goes to stick it into an electrical socket. One parent see's it and tries to stop them, but the other parent pipes in with "PROJECT FEAR!". Pointing out the likely calamitous consequences is not "project fear". And again, it isn't a falsehood to say that there will be a hard border in Ireland due to no deal, because there will be.
    Which force is going to create one if neither UK nor Ireland will commit to it?

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    both will commit, or just one and the other is glad about still.
    cede NI to EU rules and main UK is safe; it was the first idea even.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Neither the UK nor Ireland can't commit to it.

The UK needs it to be able to negotiate any trade deals ever and Ireland needs it to keep the common market secured.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ranzino View Post
    both will commit, or just one and the other is glad about still.
    cede NI to EU rules and main UK is safe; it was the first idea even.
    Well no, that wouldn't solve anything unless there are border checks at any port of entry in NI.
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post

Well no, that wouldn't solve anything unless there are border checks at any port of entry in NI.
    first backstop idea was about that: NI would technically remain EU member, any controls were on the "backside" aka Irish Sea.

15+ Year Old Account
    first backstop idea was about that: NI would technically remain EU member, any controls were on the "backside" aka Irish Sea.
    Got it, thought you weren't talking about the backstop.

Corbyns signalled (again) that he wants to call a vote of no confidence he's "ready to fight Boris Johnson in a general election" (while still sitting on the Brexit fence)

..the fact he doesn't aknowledge the Lib Dems and the Brexit party as groups he needs to fight too just shows how completely out of touch he still is.

The next election is going to come down to a clash between Corbyn and Farages' egos.

If Corbyn were to step aside and let someone new (and possibly vocally pro-remain) into power, Labour could scoop back a lot of the support that's been lost to Greens and Libdems. If the Torie vote stays divided by Brexit party, a rejuvinated Labour would clear up. But Corbyn won't. So the left vote will just get more split and smaller for each party.

On the other hand, does Farage care more about his ego than he does Brexit? Brexit party have proved too popular for their own good. They've split the vote enough that Labour+Libs have won Torie seats. If an election were called with Brexit party they'd risk splitting the vote, having the government entirely dominated by anti-brexit parties and maybe losing Brexit. Whereas if he had the Brexit party publicly endorse Boris entirely for a guaranteed Brexit and stand down it's MPS from the elections, they'd completely DESTROY everyone and could make Labour in its current form extinct.

Who will step down first and do the right thing for their team? Corbyn or Farage?

(either way, I think this election will really show how catastrophically bad the FPTP system is)
    Last edited by rogueMatthias; 2019-07-28 at 03:11 PM.
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    Got it, thought you weren't talking about the backstop.
    UK rejected the first solution under May. what will BoJo do as soon NI secretary talks about or upon visit to NI by himself the idea is back on the table ?
    he would have to throw DUP under a bus (and forget about his new self styled designation "Minister for the Union" ), but it gives a brexit.

UK rejected the first solution under May. what will BoJo do as soon NI secretary talks about or upon visit to NI by himself the idea is back on the table ?
    he would have to throw DUP under a bus (and forget about his new self styled designation "Minister for the Union" ), but it gives a brexit.
    BoJo's plan is a hard Brexit he isn't even guaranteeing rights for EU citizens, this shit show is about to go into overdrive. The UK was already in a bad situation now that you have an idiot at the wheels it's going to go catastrophic, pretty good chance he will piss off the EU during negotiations.

Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    BoJo's plan is a hard Brexit he isn't even guaranteeing rights for EU citizens, this shit show is about to go into overdrive. The UK was already in a bad situation now that you have an idiot at the wheels it's going to go catastrophic, pretty good chance he will piss off the EU during negotiations.
    Doubt that. EU people are easily frustrated, but they don't get angered by negotiations going sour. It's their job, they know that sometimes you just can't make a deal... see TTIP.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.