View Poll Results: 10 days left, what'll it be?

Voters
92. This poll is closed
  • Hard Brexit (crash out)

45 48.91%
  • No Brexit (Remain by revoking A50)

24 26.09%
  • Withdrawal Agreement (after a new session is called)

0 0%
  • Extension + Withdrawal Agreement

3 3.26%
  • Extension + Crashout

9 9.78%
  • Extension + Remain

11 11.96%
    Labour leadership back with foot in mouth disease again

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...-a9046266.html “send Jeremy Corbyn in a cab to Buckingham Palace to say we’re taking over” (Sorry McDonnell that will basically get Corbyn arrested. Since not invited.)

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...op-hard-brexit at this point in time national unity government might be the only thing we can have to block no deal and bring in a people's vote.

10+ Year Old Account
    McDonnell and Wrong-Daily have been absolutely sinking their own ship this last week.

I can't imagine having people like that pulling the rug under your own feet with sheer incompetence.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    Labour leadership back with foot in mouth disease again

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...-a9046266.html “send Jeremy Corbyn in a cab to Buckingham Palace to say we’re taking over” (Sorry McDonnell that will basically get Corbyn arrested. Since not invited.)

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...op-hard-brexit at this point in time national unity government might be the only thing we can have to block no deal and bring in a people's vote.
    Great video, absolutely loved it, ty for posting!

All looks pretty grim for remainers, hey ho.

Got any more to warm the cockles? tick tock...
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

10+ Year Old Account
    Posting without further comment, because I'm not qualified to comment.

https://www.reuters.com/article/uk-b...-idUSKCN1UY2SE

Forcing through a no-deal Brexit during an election campaign would be “an unprecedented, unconstitutional and anti-democratic abuse of power” by British Prime Minister Boris Johnson, opposition Labour leader Jeremy Corbyn said on Thursday

In a letter to cabinet secretary Mark Sedwill, Britain’s most senior government official, Corbyn said Labour would never support leaving the European Union without a deal and was concerned after reports suggested Johnson would do exactly that.

Earlier this month, the Sunday Telegraph said Dominic Cummings, Johnson’s senior adviser, had told ministers that the prime minister could schedule a new election after the Oct. 31 Brexit deadline if he lost a vote of no confidence.

“Forcing through no-deal against a decision of parliament, and denying the choice to the voters in a general election already underway, would be an unprecedented, unconstitutional and anti-democratic abuse of power by a prime minister elected, not by the public, but by a small number of unrepresentative Conservative Party members,” Corbyn wrote.

He went on to write that according to election rules any matters of policy which a new government might want to change should be postponed until after any new election.

10+ Year Old Account
    It is what it is, Cummings (who is not an elected official) waving his dick around. I mean, the government have basically no plans for anything in the event of a no-deal anyway, they've pissed a shit load of money ideas, but in terms of anything actually functional, there is no way any of it can actually be ready. An extension is therefore inevitable anyway. Boris and Co. function on bluff and bluster, but it is all bluff and the EU know it. I mean, the consequences of no-deal happening, during a period where we effectively have no government that could deliver any actual policy would be an absolute catastrofuck, everybody knows that, it's such an absurd and empty threat I don't even know why they bother.

But then they're a bunch of habitual pathological liars anyway so I guess they just can't help themselves.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    It is what it is, Cummings (who is not an elected official) waving his dick around. I mean, the government have basically no plans for anything in the event of a no-deal anyway, they've pissed a shit load of money ideas, but in terms of anything actually functional, there is no way any of it can actually be ready. An extension is therefore inevitable anyway. Boris and Co. function on bluff and bluster, but it is all bluff and the EU know it. I mean, the consequences of no-deal happening, during a period where we effectively have no government that could deliver any actual policy would be an absolute catastrofuck, everybody knows that, it's such an absurd and empty threat I don't even know why they bother.

But then they're a bunch of habitual pathological liars anyway so I guess they just can't help themselves.
    An extension is far from inevitable just on the basis of whether the UK is ready for facing no-deal. The UK needs to be granted one by the rest of EU27 seeing a purpose in delaying this shitshow some more, it's not something they'll get automatically by simply voting for not wanting no-deal in Westminster.

7+ Year Old Account
    Who can complain as the brexit booty bonus bunce is shared out and set for schools, hospitals and police. Sure is sweet spending the money that would have gone to the EU if we had stuck to Theresa's bad deal. Why do remainers want to deny these great UK organisations that we should all support and spend it on maintaining EU roads etc instead?

Looks great for the Nov 1st election after we have left the EU too doesn't it guys? The Boris bounce keeps on rising...

13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zealo View Post
    An extension is far from inevitable just on the basis of whether the UK is ready for facing no-deal. The UK needs to be granted one by the rest of EU27 seeing a purpose in delaying this shitshow some more, it's not something they'll get automatically by simply voting for not wanting no-deal in Westminster.
    It literally is inevitable. Shit, Parliament could straight up revoke A50 in an emergency act any time it wanted.

- - - Updated - - -

None of his new spending is actually new, except the Brexit planning money; which hasn’t actually been signed off either.

Also that money is going to the EU anyway, because they won’t negotiate a new trade deal until May’s deal is agreed. However Brexit happens.

Unless we just don’t have a trade deal with them, ever.
    Last edited by Jessicka; 2019-08-09 at 10:36 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    It literally is inevitable. Shit, Parliament could straight up revoke A50 in an emergency act any time it wanted.
    Perhaps the British government ASKING for an extension is inevitable, but the EU has to grant it, and that is far from a done deal. IF there's no reason to grant the extension: a GE, new referendum or significant progress towards a new deal, then the UK will be out come the 31st of October. All indications right now are that none of the aforementioned reasons will be the case and therefore the UK will, most likely, crash out without a deal on the 31st.

10+ Year Old Account
    Whether the UK gets another extension is not inevitable. It never has been.

British politics needs to get serious about Brexit and stop taking for granted that it's the EUs problem whether the UK is ready for the damage no-deal would do the British economy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Iphie View Post
    Perhaps the British government ASKING for an extension is inevitable, but the EU has to grant it, and that is far from a done deal. IF there's no reason to grant the extension: a GE, new referendum or significant progress towards a new deal, then the UK will be out come the 31st of October. All indications right now are that none of the aforementioned reasons will be the case and therefore the UK will, most likely, crash out without a deal on the 31st.
    The whole situation is based on the understanding that there will be vote of no confidence, the government will lose, and try to use the power vacuum to just let Brexit happen, essentially in the blind, as the government wouldn't be able to make or pass new policy. In that event, the EU would grant an extension and Parliament would pass it.

Further, Parliament voting to revoke A50 has nothing to do with the EU, it just happens and Brexit is no longer a thing. It's a nuclear option, but it's there.

10+ Year Old Account
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-49290926#

UK economy shrinks for the first time since 2012

The chancellor has told the BBC that he does not expect the UK to slide into recession after data showed the economy shrank by 0.2% between April and June.

Sajid Javid was speaking after the Office for National Statistics said the economy had contracted for the first time since 2012.

The surprise decline came after Brexit stockpiles were unwound and the car industry implemented shutdowns.
    Nothing to see here, all is well, we're a powerhouse and everyone wants to deal with us.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-49290926#

Nothing to see here, all is well, we're a powerhouse and everyone wants to deal with us.
    Stupid ONS talking the country down. We don't need experts and their facts.

The whole situation is based on the understanding that there will be vote of no confidence, the government will lose, and try to use the power vacuum to just let Brexit happen, essentially in the blind, as the government wouldn't be able to make or pass new policy. In that event, the EU would grant an extension and Parliament would pass it.

Further, Parliament voting to revoke A50 has nothing to do with the EU, it just happens and Brexit is no longer a thing. It's a nuclear option, but it's there.
    What makes you think the EU would do that. You are making a big assumption from a group that is fed up with all of this and wants this circus to end.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    What makes you think the EU would do that. You are making a big assumption from a group that is fed up with all of this and wants this circus to end.
    They've said they would if the facts change, and with a new government, facts change significantly. If not, then we can just revoke anyway; that's not up to the EU.

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Here, this is my super duper shocked face:

I look forward to dribbles trying to explain it away.
    Fixed that for you.

They've said they would if the facts change, and with a new government, facts change significantly. If not, then we can just revoke anyway; that's not up to the EU.
    Yes, it is. The ECJ has ruled that a revocation has to conform to the constitutional requirements of the UK. This means, if you fuck it up and the ECJ thinks you're leaving the boundaries of your constitutional framework, they will declare the revocation void.

And if you care to look at it from the point of view of the EU, right now there is chaos in Britain and the UK is untrustworthy. What facts would you have change? To the EU it doesn't matter who is PM. Even if you're in the middle of an election, why would they extend it? They told you the last time you'd get THAT extension only because of the chance of a second referendum or a GE. What the UK has done is... jack shit. This is your chance, you are not using it. I don't see any political will for a third extension. And make no mistake, at this point that is a purely political decision.

And it is absolutely not politically opportune to grant one more extension that will most likely drag the process out another year with the same result. You have not resolved the dividing conflict in the UK at all, the trenches are deeper than ever before and there is no end in sight to this madness. Nay, your mass media is spinning the EU as a scapegoat, a continuation of bad faith acting of the UK within the EU for decades by now.

To be quite honest, the chances of the UK getting another extension are very, very slim. Do not count on the EU saving your ass. Prepare for a no-deal crashout. Is all the advice I can give you.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    A Parliamentary vote to revoke A50 is entirety constitutional. Parliament, ultimately is Sovereign, not the Government. The current Government are only able to function due to an agreement with the DUP, without that, they don’t even have their majority of one. Without a majority, they cannot carry business and control the Sovereignty of Parliament.

A Parliamentary vote to revoke A50 is entirety constitutional. Parliament, ultimately is Sovereign, not the Government. The current Government are only able to function due to an agreement with the DUP, without that, they don’t even have their majority of one. Without a majority, they cannot carry business and control the Sovereignty of Parliament.
    School boy error here. This is the Worst Timeline, counting on A50 being revoked when it seems like the most likely and logical path is far too optimistic. It's No Deal, a GE then a life time of BoJo as him and his mates strip mine whatever is left of the UK for everything they can get whilst blaming the poor and the vulnerable for why deficit is rising rather than all the tax cuts they throw out.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Here, this is my super duper shocked face:

I look forward to someone trying to explain it away.
    We are suffering because we should have left back on March 29th. Dragged down by the ball and chain, in recession unlike the UK, EU economy and still sending them £350 million a week in charity.

Blame remainers.

In any case a blip after seven years of sustained growth you remainers seize on that? Is that all you got?