View Poll Results: 10 days left, what'll it be?

Voters
92. This poll is closed
  • Hard Brexit (crash out)

45 48.91%
  • No Brexit (Remain by revoking A50)

24 26.09%
  • Withdrawal Agreement (after a new session is called)

0 0%
  • Extension + Withdrawal Agreement

3 3.26%
  • Extension + Crashout

9 9.78%
  • Extension + Remain

11 11.96%
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    So the fucking lunatics in the ERG are now looking to get a no deal at the end of 2020.

https://twitter.com/nicholascecil/st...45415013937152
    Not just that, if the deal passes tomorrow it nullifies the Surrender/Benn Act.

Boris could no deal exit on October 31st :evil grin:
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    Well his last post has answered the question. It comes from the daily mail
    Jesus, I didn't think even the Daily Fail was that retarded. I feel like they've been taking pointers from the American far-right media sphere.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    No one said it would be easy. But it will happen. It will take a few years and Europe will suffer for it in the short term. But in the long term this will draw away industry from the UK and move it to the mainland. In the long term, Europe stands to be wealthier over Brexit by demoting a former member from a trade equal to a rule taker.
    Of course it will, anyone knows that since the UK's market is what, 1/5th of the EU's without it? We will get a harsh lesson in how unimportant the UK is in the world compared to the EU, China, and the USA. I'm not saying it won't. But denying that there'll be an impact on EU supplies of stuff made in the UK, or that for many businesses losing the UK market would be a Very Bad Thing™, in the short to medium term at least, is ludicrous.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    Now, you tell me... how exactly is this not a good thing for the EU? If we wanted to make more profit, we would absolutely shut you down right now. That we're not doing it is because we're playing nice. So, tell me again... what are you putting on the table that would motivate the EU to grant you another extension? It's certainly not interrupted supply chains or pharma. What else you got?
    Long term, it's amazing for the EU. Overnight having that line cut off though? Fucking catastrophic.

You understand why the deal is an interim deal to give both sides time to get their houses in order? An extension basically just eats into how long it needs to be interim for.
    Last edited by Jessicka; 2019-10-18 at 01:49 PM.

Long term, it's amazing for the EU. Overnight having that line cut off though? Fucking catastrophic.
    Not for us, it ain't.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not for us, it ain't.
    The deal is an interim deal for good reason. It's not a final deal, and it keeps most things as they are until the end of 2020 (probably longer, realistically 4-5 years).

Tell me again that you don't need that time?

So the fucking lunatics in the ERG are now looking to get a no deal at the end of 2020.

https://twitter.com/nicholascecil/st...45415013937152
    a year?
    Iit can easily take a decade to finalize a trade deal under the best of circumstances...
    What is this guy smoking?
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    a year?
    Iit can easily take a decade to finalize a trade deal under the best of circumstances...
    What is this guy smoking?
    They know it'll take several years, they just want no deal so badly that they're happy to set a completely unrealistic deadline.

The deal is an interim deal for good reason. It's not a final deal, and it keeps most things as they are until the end of 2020 (probably longer, realistically 4-5 years).

Tell me again that you don't need that time?
    How are you still not getting this... the WA is a WITHDRAWAL agreement. It's not even an interim deal. It's just sorting out what's yours, what's ours and how we talk to each other. The UK chose to cut ties and disrupt trade. That is going to happen in any case. The WA is merely aimed at making a shit situation less shitty in the beginning. But EU business and politics has prepared for the shittiest deal pretty much for 2 years, definitely after everyone realised that May has no clue about anything. Most definitely after we realised nobody in charge in the UK has a clue about anything.

What do you think EU businesses are doing these days? Looking at the Commons or discussions like you guys have in this thread and going "Well, those sound like responsible people that know what's at stake!"?

So, again... why should the EU give the UK an extension? I'm curious if you can come up with something. It's not a trick question, because for the life of me I can't think of another reason than "being nice."
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!

10+ Year Old Account
    How are you still not getting this... the WA is a WITHDRAWAL agreement. It's not even an interim deal. It's just sorting out what's yours, what's ours and how we talk to each other. The UK chose to cut ties and disrupt trade. That is going to happen in any case. The WA is merely aimed at making a shit situation less shitty in the beginning. But EU business and politics has prepared for the shittiest deal pretty much for 2 years, definitely after everyone realised that May has no clue about anything. Most definitely after we realised nobody in charge in the UK has a clue about anything.

What do you think EU businesses are doing these days? Looking at the Commons or discussions like you guys have in this thread and going "Well, those sound like responsible people that know what's at stake!"?

So, again... why should the EU give you an extension? I'm curious if you can come up with something. It's not a trick question, because for the life of me I can't think of another reason than "being nice."
    They're likely looking at it wondering what the fuck paperwork they'll have to fill in and who to send it to to send things over here. Same as ours are looking at them wondering what the fuck paperwork they have to fill in and who to send it to, to send our shit over there.

Because in either case, I'm not sure anyone is sure what exists for the process of doing either and whether it's necessary and worth spending the money on.

- - - Updated - - -

So, again... why should the EU give the UK an extension? I'm curious if you can come up with something. It's not a trick question, because for the life of me I can't think of another reason than "being nice."
    The exact same fucking reason we have this interim agreement and political declaration.

If it was so easy as you think we'd have skipped all that shit and left 3 years ago.

We literally just banned the sale of a lot of pharma to outside the NHS to shore up those medicines because of where they were ending up. So yeah, I believe it 'strongly'.
    So to summarise, there's such a panic about the potential shortage of pharmaceuticals post-Brexit that they've enacted legislation to stop its sale like this is the Middle Ages or something, and you think this is evidence that the UK will have a surplus?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    So to summarise, there's such a panic about the potential shortage of pharmaceuticals post-Brexit that they've enacted legislation to stop its sale like this is the Middle Ages or something, and you think this is evidence that the UK will have a surplus?
    Where did I say we'd have a surplus? We have a shortage because the companies making it here are selling it to the EU, because they can get more money for it because the pound is worth fuck all, and the EU want to stock up on it.

The legislation to prevent it being sold to the EU is to prevent the shortage, caused by it being shipped overseas, getting worse. And there aren't overseas suppliers we can get it from to stockpile ourselves.

It's legendarily awful, still the level of weapons-grade nonsense he's spouting seems too high even for Britain. I wonder if there's some equivalent of Breitbart in the UK.
    The daily mail

- - - Updated - - -

I find the picture of jhon Cleese there ironically funny considering he's recent remarks towards certain races

The exact same fucking reason we have this interim agreement and political declaration.

If it was so easy as you think we'd have skipped all that shit and left 3 years ago.
    You could've left three years ago. There were plenty of options, the UK Parliament must've had 50 votes on it by now, and they all came back "no". Because, obviously, they're all significantly worse than remaining in the EU.

- - - Updated - - -

Where did I say we'd have a surplus? We have a shortage because the companies making it here are selling it to the EU, because they can get more money for it because the pound is worth fuck all, and the EU want to stock up on it.

The legislation to prevent it being sold to the EU is to prevent the shortage, caused by it being shipped overseas, getting worse. And there aren't overseas suppliers we can get it from to stockpile ourselves.
    They passed the legislation because a shortage is imminent. You're spinning that into somehow implying you will be able to meet domestic demand. That's backwards.

10+ Year Old Account
    You could've left three years ago. There were plenty of options, the UK Parliament must've had 50 votes on it by now, and they all came back "no". Because, obviously, they're all significantly worse than remaining in the EU.

They passed the legislation because a shortage is imminent. You're spinning that into somehow implying you will be able to meet domestic demand. That's backwards.
    I can assure you, the shortage isn't imminent, there have been shortages since March at least. We don't and won't meet domestic demand, and we certainly can't meet domestic demand while we're also filling the EU's stockpiles which are also coming up short, because they're stockpiling.

I can assure you, the shortage isn't imminent, there have been shortages since March at least. We don't and won't meet domestic demand, and we certainly can't meet domestic demand while we're also filling the EU's stockpiles.
    You can't meet domestic demand period. The EU does not have that same problem. I've think you've essentially conceded as much.

10+ Year Old Account
    You can't meet domestic demand period. The EU does not have that same problem. I've think you've essentially conceded as much.
    If the EU didn't have the same problem, we would neither be selling them outside the NHS, to EU countries, nor have issues ourselves because, we could just import them, from the EU, because we're currently still in the EU.

You've fundamentally and completely misunderstood the issue.

Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    Not just that, if the deal passes tomorrow it nullifies the Surrender/Benn Act.
    Until the Letwin amendment passes tomorrow, which it should easily as Labour are apparently supporting it.
    Last edited by Dizzeeyooo; 2019-10-18 at 02:28 PM.

If the EU didn't have the same problem, we would neither be selling them outside the NHS, to EU countries, nor have issues ourselves because, we could just import them, from the EU, because we're currently still in the EU.

You've fundamentally and completely misunderstood the issue.
    So uh, notice how the UK is stockpiling medicines and the EU is not?

https://www.ema.europa.eu/en/documen...answers_en.pdf

My money's on the EU being just fine.

Which is? Right... to make it easier. And what is Brexit decidedly not? Go on... tell me, what is Brexit for the European continent right now? That's right, a big fat pain in the ass. And what would an extension do? Exactly, prolong the major pain in the ass for even longer. We've extended the self-torture for one year... please tell me, since you obviously don't have an idea just how low EU confidence in the UK getting their shit together is, how long would you like this shitshow to continue? Because if you get this extension, I have a twenty Euro bill saying it ain't over after that extension is wasted in the UK's House of Commons...

- - - Updated - - -

I like this bit:

For example, if companies currently carry out some of these essential operations for marketing medicines in the UK, they must transfer them to an EU/EEA Member States after Brexit, to comply with EU law and therefore be able to continue supplying the EU/EEA market with their medicines.

10+ Year Old Account

So a letter saying ‘there may be shortages, and please don’t stockpile’ suggests they’ll be fine?

It literally discusses that companies will need to move operations to the EU and that that will take time. Which is exactly what I’ve said.

This takes nothing away from the extension, if asked for, would be granted for the same reasons as the transition period discussed in that very letter to buy that time.

It accepts fully, that without an agreement that there would be issues, and that they’re working with companies where they might be.

Nor does it say the industry is not stockpiling. It’s simply telling individuals not to stockpile to prevent strain.

Your reading comprehension is terrible.