View Poll Results: 10 days left, what'll it be?

Voters
92. This poll is closed
  • Hard Brexit (crash out)

45 48.91%
  • No Brexit (Remain by revoking A50)

24 26.09%
  • Withdrawal Agreement (after a new session is called)

0 0%
  • Extension + Withdrawal Agreement

3 3.26%
  • Extension + Crashout

9 9.78%
  • Extension + Remain

11 11.96%
    15+ Year Old Account
    Will this farce ever end?
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ffs, really?? More time...

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    A game of music chairs where the music never stops.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    Will this farce ever end?
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Ffs, really?? More time...
    This time would have been required to get the legislation through anyway, regardless of the Government claiming they could do everything in 11 days.

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Boris is saying he refuses to negotiate a delay, it seems.
    He can say what he likes, he will still be sending a letter.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    So they will not vote for a People's Vote?
    Not today, the Government chose to pull down the whole thing instead of letting any more votes go through.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thoralas View Post
    First, he obviously can because he often responds directly since he doesn't have the self-control to not peep behind his own filter.

Second, I don't care what he or you read, I'm only interested in correcting his misinformation.

Both of you are, frankly quite stupid, and there isn't a lot of point communicating directly with either of you. I can read Der Spiegel and get a more eloquent and concise summation of european views if I actually cared to, which I don't.
    Whatever makes you believe your bullshit, keep on keeping on. You are a great example.
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Lovely, so the UK is going to ask for an extension to do what? Have a GE in which Johnson will tell people who want to leave with a deal "Vote for me and we will leave with this deal I managed to negotiate" while also telling Brexit Party voters "Vote for me or we will have a new referendum and possibly no Brexit". I honestly don't get why people think he will not win that election.
    From what I understand of it, Letwin isn't really about the extension as such, it's real function is to make sure BoJo actually implements a deal rather than running out of time and "accidentally" No Dealing. In other words, Parliament doesn't trust the government to even implement a deal the government negotiated and thinks it's a ploy to No Deal via the back door. With Letwin IF the WA passes then we will actually be leaving with a deal.

Lovely, so the UK is going to ask for an extension to do what?
    The UK was going to have to ask for some form of extension regardless of the vote today, in order to have time to get all the relevant legislation for deal or no deal through.

10+ Year Old Account
    Guess it was too much to hope for anything actually happening today that was not a repeat of what came before.

#BREAKING France says new Brexit delay 'in nobody's interest': presidency

https://twitter.com/AFP/status/1185566581549686786

https://twitter.com/Conservatives/st...65358897467392

Party of law and order may have broken the law with this tweet (Note may have, I'm not 100% sure on how conspiracy to break the law rules work or advocating breaking the law rules work)

Quote Originally Posted by @Conservatives
    Conservatives

@Conservatives
    #BREAKING: Parliament has voted to delay Brexit again. The Prime Minister will not ask for a delay -- he will tell EU leaders there should be no more delays and we should get Brexit done on October 31st with our new deal so the country can move on.
    It's getting spicy. Will authoritarianism win the day or will BoJo be forcibly removed?

Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    #BREAKING France says new Brexit delay 'in nobody's interest': presidency

https://twitter.com/AFP/status/1185566581549686786
    Macron was against he last extension and the one before, no one knows whats going to happen but I don't see it likely that the EU will throw the UK out with no-deal when its tried to prevent that so much.

I expect the EU to wait with an answer, see what happens if the laws to implement Boris's deal come up for a vote next week.
    If they succeed then Boris's deal can happen and they can hold off the extension unless the UK needs more time to implement everything.
    If they fail I suspect the opposition will call upon the EU to extend to give time for a general election and the EU to grant that.

I don't expect the EU to tell the UK to fuck off and be the party held responsible for causing a no-deal Brexit.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    https://twitter.com/Conservatives/st...65358897467392

Party of law and order may have broken the law with this tweet (Note may have, I'm not 100% sure on how conspiracy to break the law rules work or advocating breaking the law rules work)
    The Benn Act said that the government could not undermine it via behaviour such as that latest tweet. What I've not seen discussed is what happens when it's violated though.

15+ Year Old Account
    I mean you people keep quoting him so we have to see the burner whether we like it or not. As for him "correcting misinformation" his posts are deleted pretty fast anyway.
    You're right, I will snip his posts if I quote them. Sorry

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    Macron was against he last extension and the one before, no one knows whats going to happen but I don't see it likely that the EU will throw the UK out with no-deal when its tried to prevent that so much.

I expect the EU to wait with an answer, see what happens if the laws to implement Boris's deal come up for a vote next week.
    If they succeed then Boris's deal can happen and they can hold off the extension unless the UK needs more time to implement everything.
    If they fail I suspect the opposition will call upon the EU to extend to give time for a general election and the EU to grant that.

I don't expect the EU to tell the UK to fuck off and be the party held responsible for causing a no-deal Brexit.
    I don't think anyone within the EU that has a good amount of brain cells would hold the EU responsible anyhow and who cares what the brits think, I mean, they'll accuse the EU whatever outcome is reached, except those with the aforementioned amount of brain cells.

Quote Originally Posted by Kronik85 View Post
    The Benn Act said that the government could not undermine it via behaviour such as that latest tweet. What I've not seen discussed is what happens when it's violated though.
    Actually I've seen a lot of discussions a few weeks ago about that - in particularly if/when it happens that if BoJo can be arrested/imprisoned for it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Boris is saying he refuses to negotiate a delay, it seems.
    Technically he's right... technically he doesn't have to negotiate shit.

He just says "Pweeease" and the EU says "OK, here you go.". No negotiation necessary! ;P

- - - Updated - - -

On a side-note, I really REALLY hope EU allows another extension - but this time with the condition that a Second Referendum should happen before then.

I feel it's TOTALLY within their right at this point to make such a request. After England had three years to get their shit together post-brexit vote, and clearly England has completely underestimated or (*gasp!*) misrepresented to themselves and their people what Brexit would really entail. The EU has been more than patient enough, and I think/believe it's high time for the EU to say "OK, you've had enough chances - you really REALLY need to rethink this shit. Are you REALLY sure you want to do this?"

Quote Originally Posted by Kronik85 View Post
    In fairness that tweet is poorly worded and is not what Johnson actually said and has also stated that he plans to put his deal before parliament next week which if passed there will be no need for an extension request (outside of a probable short technical implementation period).

As much as I'd like to send him to the Tower I don't think that this tweet is the smoking gun.

Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    In fairness that tweet is poorly worded and is not what Johnson actually said and has also stated that he plans to put his deal before parliament next week which if passed there will be no need for an extension request (outside of a probable short technical implementation period).

As much as I'd like to send him to the Tower I don't think that this tweet is the smoking gun.
    The Benn Act provides for the circumstance that Parliament passes a Withdrawal bill after the letter is sent, so that would not be an impediment to Johnson sending the letter specified therein.

If he does not send the letter by 11:01 local time this evening (00:01 Brussels time), he will have broken the law. Until then, all we can do is speculate, but all the indications by him have been that he will not send it (contrary to his government's statements before the Court of Sessions a week or so ago and statements made by his AG).

Let's just wait and see. Not like we can change it by complaining on the internet anyway

But that can be a much shorter extension. A month should be enough.
    And if that's all the EU want to offer, that's fine.

10+ Year Old Account
    He has to prove he can get the deal through Commons, considering he lost by 16, it's far from guaranteed.

A longer extension would allow for either GE or 2R, preferably the latter as the former would just start the whole fucking merry-go-round again should we end up with a coalition gov.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.