View Poll Results: 10 days left, what'll it be?

Voters
92. This poll is closed
  • Hard Brexit (crash out)

45 48.91%
  • No Brexit (Remain by revoking A50)

24 26.09%
  • Withdrawal Agreement (after a new session is called)

0 0%
  • Extension + Withdrawal Agreement

3 3.26%
  • Extension + Crashout

9 9.78%
  • Extension + Remain

11 11.96%
    Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post

All you really need to know. A guy in the lib dems said anti semitic instults. Immediately suspended when found out.

And what about these: Here are the major instances where a Liberal Democrat candidate was accused of being antisemitic.

antisemitism.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2019/05/5987-Party-Briefing-x1-LIBDEM-May-2019-v2.pdf

David Ward "I would probably fire a rocket into Israel" still a LD councillor. He lost his seat to the Labour party earlier in the 2015 election.

Baroness Tonge "the Israeli government is responsible for the hatred behind the mass shooting in Pittsburgh that claimed the lives of 11 people" resigned from the party after a decade of dithering on the part of the leadership.

Wera Hobhouse "For what reason do we remember Holocaust?" still MP.

Andrew Philips "have so demeaned themselves and behaved in a manner that is not just contrary to international law but contrary to
    simple morality and decency that I genuinely believe that they are now on a suicide path.” still LD Peer.

Gordon Banks MP "what fascinates me is that Farron’s (then LD party leader) leadership campaign was organised and fundedby London Jews", left party to join conservatives.

Jane Brophy MP "(told rival orthodox Jewish parliamentary candidate) should choose between faith and running for office", still an MP.

Ashuk Ahmed, parliamentary candidate for Luton South was somehow selected for the 2017 general election, despite having already been questioned by the police for posting images on Facebook of Benjamin Netanyahu with blood pouring out of his mouth onto the bodies of children. His candidacy was only suspended when a Daily Mail campaign highlighted the issue. Current status within the party unknown.

Chris Davies MEP, "the influence of the Jewish lobby that seems to have far too great a say over the political decision-making process in many countries”, re-elected MEP in 2019.

In short in NO case did any instance of antisemitism result in a candidate being fired. Mostly complaints were ignored until the media intervened, then the candidate would be quietly reinstated.

Eventually, even the price of cookies will be an antisemetic issue lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Quote Originally Posted by Grandstand View Post
    Here are the major instances where a Liberal Democrat candidate was accused of being antisemitic.

antisemitism.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2019/05/5987-Party-Briefing-x1-LIBDEM-May-2019-v2.pdf

David Ward "I would probably fire a rocket into Israel" still a LD councillor. He lost his seat to the Labour party earlier in the 2015 election.

Baroness Tonge "the Israeli government is responsible for the hatred behind the mass shooting in Pittsburgh that claimed the lives of 11 people" resigned from the party after a decade of dithering on the part of the leadership.

Wera Hobhouse "For what reason do we remember Holocaust?" still MP.

Andrew Philips "have so demeaned themselves and behaved in a manner that is not just contrary to international law but contrary to
    simple morality and decency that I genuinely believe that they are now on a suicide path.
    ” still LD Peer.

Gordon Banks MP "what fascinates me is that Farron’s (then LD party leader) leadership campaign was organised and funded by London Jews", left party to join conservatives.

Jane Brophy MP "(told rival orthodox Jewish parliamentary candidate) should choose between faith and running for office", still an MP.

Ashuk Ahmed, parliamentary candidate for Luton South was somehow selected for the 2017 general election, despite having already been questioned by the police for posting images on Facebook of Benjamin Netanyahu with blood pouring out of his mouth onto the bodies of children. His candidacy was only suspended when a Daily Mail campaign highlighted the issue. Current status within the party unknown.

Chris Davies MEP, "the influence of the Jewish lobby that seems to have far too great a say over the political decision-making process in many countries”, re-elected MEP in 2019.

In short in NO case did any instance of antisemitism result in a candidate being fired. Mostly complaints were ignored until the media intervened, then the candidate would be quietly reinstated after a short suspension.

It should be obvious that Kallisto's party has the bigger issue with antisemitism than Labour, which has four times the membership. He's just using this as a stick to bash Labour with.
    Problem with some of those quotes is you have clipped them.

Like:
    have so demeaned themselves and behaved in a manner that is not just contrary to international law but contrary to
    simple morality and decency that I genuinely believe that they are now on a suicide path

Could be referring to anything as you clipped out what it's referring to.

Most of them are anti-semetic

But you also don't provide any links to the source so we're kinda going on your word on them.

And as a soc account your word is worth less than mud and I generally don't care enough about what you think to look them up my self.

But if your so concerned please do contact the Lib Dems and make a complaint, unlike Labour they might actualy do something about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Grandstand View Post
    Oh really? Wow. I'm sure that couldn't happen with the imaginary anti-semitism in the Labour party. Pot, kettle,black.

- - - Updated - - -

I explained exactly how ineffective the Lib Dems were in dealing with complaints.

- - - Updated - - -

If only I'd put a link at the top of the article. Oh wait, I did, dogshit-for-brains.
    Then help them by making the complaints and going to the press. No resistance from us lib dem supporters, I more then welcome the party getting purged.

Won't find me getting salty denying claims and calling people cunts online for calling out flaws in the party i support.

All you have done, for all your efforts, all your soc accounts is show exactly what the typical labour supporter is, a salty, fanatical, hateful little closet racisist.
    Last edited by Monster Hunter; 2019-11-28 at 09:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Why are there so many apparent loons in the Brexit Party?

Leeds Brexit Party candidate thinks climate emergency is 'a myth'
    Because that is the sort of shit that the people who vote for the Brexit Party believe in.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by funtwant View Post
    sniped because his posts get deleted anyway
    You don't have the freedom to be racist.

Take your alt-right free speech bollocks somewhere else.
    Last edited by Monster Hunter; 2019-11-29 at 10:12 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    Eventually, even the price of cookies will be an antisemetic issue lol
    If you are not willing to pay more for cookies made in Isreal you're an anti-semite.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Their entire strategy has been to attack Labour and challenge Labour in remain seats. They’ve done very little to challenge the Tories, even though in recent by-elections they’ve managed to take seats from them. Their goal was to try to be the main opposition.

Their whole strategy if they really wanted to remain is entirely wrong headed and doomed to achieve the main thing they wanted to prevent.

But then we should expect little else from them based on their recent track record of duplicity.
    They just want another chance at a coalition with the tories(a.k.a give them everything they want if they stop breexit).

Yes you do, that's what freedom of speech means idiot.
    no you don't, if theres no freedom to punch a racist right in there fugly fucking mouths then there's no freedom for them to open it, that's why we have speech laws. simple trade don't you think.

but its good to see your alt-right colours fucking showing, leaves a little egg on the face of the communist and others who have been supporting you, probably teach them a lesson about supporting soc accounts, if a man not willing to stake his reputation on what hes says, then likely what he says is of no reputable worth.

nice to know you support people who advocate for the freedom to be racist Gilrak or should i say @CommunismWillWin guess theres no low you pinkos wont stoop.
    Last edited by Monster Hunter; 2019-11-30 at 01:10 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Monster Hunter View Post
    nice to know you support people who advocate for the freedom to be racist Gilrak or should i say @CommunismWillWin guess theres no low you pinkos wont stoop.
    Lol where did I support people like that? You really are reaching. I suppose those who follow right-wing idealogies, be it liberal or conservative, are no different. Can't help but make shit up because they can't think up anything better.
    And the freedom to be racist is way to wide. I'm against banning any words[by the government], but that sure as hell does not apply to racist actions that go beyond words[including threats].

One group of liberals is saying i'm too extreme for thinking fascists deserve to be punched, and the other group now decides I support racists.. because?

What a joke.
    Last edited by JohnBrown1917; 2019-11-30 at 01:37 AM.

I'm opposed to violence against people on the basis of what they might be thinking.

Yes, people can say racist things in a free society.
    No its pritty obvious that we have laws against saying racisist things, in person or online or otherwise, so no you don't have free speech and people like you shouldn't have free speech to spread hate, and if you don't like it feel free to cry on 4chan with your other "free speech advocates", or move to America, trump sounds like more your kind of guy.

Maybe you can take Gilrak errr CommunismWillWin with you and introduce them to your alt-right free to hate speech family.

I'd be willing to bet Mr burner, your the one making those racisist threads from burner accounts too.

I wouldn't be suprised though, not the first time a wolfs tried to hid a sheep's cloths.
    Last edited by Monster Hunter; 2019-11-30 at 01:56 AM.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yes you do, that's what freedom of speech means idiot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Article 10, ECHR
    Article 10 – expression
    Main article: Article 10 of the European Convention on Human Rights

Article 10 provides the right to freedom of expression, subject to certain restrictions that are "in accordance with law" and "necessary in a democratic society". This right includes the freedom to hold opinions, and to receive and impart information and ideas, but allows restrictions for:

interests of national security
    territorial integrity or public safety
    prevention of disorder or crime
    protection of health or morals
    protection of the reputation or the rights of others
    preventing the disclosure of information received in confidence
    maintaining the authority and impartiality of the judiciary
    You may find it is not unconditional

You may also find that it is meaningless to outlaw being a racist since thought crimes are impossible to prove (different issue) but restricting freedom of speech with those limitations in mind is possible

Should be said the British almost dictated those
    Last edited by Xarkan; 2019-11-30 at 09:29 AM.

soon to be deleted rubbish
    Oh yea, you had a go at me for defending her over the question time debacle, Because your just that damn stupid and racisist you can't even read.

Nice to know your alt right belifes came out in the end, the only upside is that with people like you championing them there's no fear of a labour majority.

10+ Year Old Account
    He's reaching with an electric cattle-prod.

Yesterday he was arguing my use of the term "Zionist" was racist. He kept on arguing it after I pointed out that the Chief Rabbi uses the term.

I wouldn't take his accusations seriously.
    Already put him on ignore after that post.

Quote Originally Posted by CommunismWillWin View Post
    Already put him on ignore after that post.
    You say that like it's a bad thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not in favour of the British law/s covering incitement to racial hatred. They are overly vague and simultaneously restrictive.
    They follow EU guidance, in that speech should not impinge on other fundamental freedoms. 'Your freedom ends where mine begins'. When people start talking about defending freedom of speech, as well the far right endlessly love to; they usually forget that other fundamental freedoms exist, such as expression, religion, right to a fair trial, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    They follow EU guidance, in that speech should not impinge on other fundamental freedoms. 'Your freedom ends where mine begins'. When people start talking about defending freedom of speech, as well the far right endlessly love to; they usually forget that other fundamental freedoms exist, such as expression, religion, right to a fair trial, etc.
    Exactly that.

Your freedoms end where others rights begin.

And one of those rights is the right to self determination.

That's why arguing that isreal dosnt have the right to exist crosses the line.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not in favour of the British law/s covering incitement to racial hatred. They are overly vague and simultaneously restrictive.

That said, even those laws are not pertinent to the Labour party's criticism of Israel-no one has or is suggesting any one be prosecuted for that.
    Very obviously, criticism of a nation state is not a form of racism. We'd end up with people going to jail for criticizing Saudi Arabia, US foreign policy, hell even our own.
    What you said (combined with what you responded to) was that freedom of speech was a right to be racist (or to express racist opinions)

Critiscism of Israel can be fair game, plenty of reason to.. which may be why you can find plenty of Israeli citizens who do

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't believe the EU implemented the laws as poorly as they did in the UK. In practice the racists simply use coded language-allowing them to deliberately confuse the issue, it has been very counter-productive.

Freedom of speech does not directly affect freedom of expression, religion or right to a fair trial unless the speech encourages physical interference in those things. In the case of trials, there are comprehensive laws already on the statute books already preventing any kind of jury tampering or intimidation (as in the infamous Tommy Robinson case), I don't see the need for an additional law there.

Either way even the UK laws have precisely nothing to do with the charges leveled at the Labour party which MT seems to be arguing. No one can be prosecuted for criticizing Israel, or Saudi Arabia, or the US, or the UK on incitement to racial hatred grounds. Nor can they be prosecuted because they know someone antisemitic.
    EU guidance is the minimum standard. Most EU nations, including the UK, have laws that go further.

But I agree, there's a lot of space between saying Isreal shouldn't exist, and Isreal shouldn't be allowed to annex Palestinian territory, and perform extrajudicial executions within it.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarkan View Post
    What you said (combined with what you responded to) was that freedom of speech was a right to be racist (or to express racist opinions)

Critiscism of Israel can be fair game, plenty of reason to.. which may be why you can find plenty of Israeli citizens who do
    What when it moves from just criticism to questioning the very right of Israel to exist? Who would do something like that? A potential British PM? Never you might say...You'd be wrong.

Jeremy Corbyn questions Israel’s right to exist...

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/104493...anti-semitism/

13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    What when it moves from just criticism to questioning the very right of Israel to exist? Who would do something like that? A potential British PM? Never you might say...You'd be wrong.

Jeremy Corbyn questions Israel’s right to exist...

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/104493...anti-semitism/

I think you should find a clip where he actually says what you seem think he has said so we can debate it

It is entirely possible he said it but the clip does not actually show that, it is about pressure on the media to paint a biased picture (true or false i do not know)