View Poll Results: 10 days left, what'll it be?

Voters
92. This poll is closed
  • Hard Brexit (crash out)

45 48.91%
  • No Brexit (Remain by revoking A50)

24 26.09%
  • Withdrawal Agreement (after a new session is called)

0 0%
  • Extension + Withdrawal Agreement

3 3.26%
  • Extension + Crashout

9 9.78%
  • Extension + Remain

11 11.96%
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by funtwant View Post
    Yeah I'm uncomfortable with people saying Israel shouldn't exist. All the Israelis would be murdered, it would be horrific. I think they have a right to exist.
    A change of policy would IMHO greatly increase Israel's chance of survival. Without some kind of peace deal and eonomic co-operation they will only last as long as the flow of dollars does.

- - - Updated - - -

He didn't say that. He said there was a bias in the BBC pushing pro-Israeli sentiment. That doesn't mean that he disagrees with those sentiments.

For example racist people often talk about protecting our borders. No one disagrees our borders should be protected. However, it is generally advanced as a talking point of racists. There is no contradiction between those two things.

When asked directly whether Israel should exist he said:

Yes,” he said in response to an audience question, “Israel has the right to exist. I support the right of the State of Israel to exist, under the agreement of the original borders of 1948.”
    The BBC were not pushing pro Israeli sentiment, they were reporting the right of the nation of Israel to exist.

So the BBC are not to report that Israel is entitled to exist? In fact in doing so they are being pro-Israel? Corbyn is effectively saying that to be totally unbiased, equal discussion and time to debate with the sides that say Israel should not be allowed to exist is allowed to happen.

What follows from that debate should it be decided and influenced by the BBC that Israel should not exist? A final solution?

Dangerous man Corbyn, what short memories we have. Europe, now the EU, have been here before.

Surely it is a given that Israel can exist? Just like the UK/America and everyone else. The Jews haven't been through enough? Some things, unless you are anti-semitic, should be unquestionable. Not that the Labour party have a problem with anti semitism now is it. Oh wait....
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    The BBC were not pushing pro Israeli sentiment, they were reporting the right of the nation of Israel to exist.

So the BBC are not to report that Israel is entitled to exist? In fact in doing so they are being pro-Israel? Corbyn is effectively saying that to be totally unbiased, equal discussion and time to debate with the sides that say Israel should not be allowed to exist is allowed to happen.

What follows from that debate should it be decided and influenced by the BBC that Israel should not exist? A final solution?

Dangerous man Corbyn, what short memories we have. Europe, now the EU, have been here before.

Surely it is a given that Israel can exist? Just like the UK/America and everyone else. The Jews haven't been through enough? Some things, unless you are anti-semitic, should be unquestionable. Not that the Labour party have a problem with anti semitism now is it. Oh wait....
    What "Israel" has the right to exist? The one with borders that were in place back in 1948? Or the one today following decades of stealing land from Palestinians? How far should they be allowed to extend before we have the right to say "stop"? Do we have to wait until they wipe out the Palestinians entirely before we can say that genocide is a bad thing REGARDLESS OF WHO IS DOING IT?

If a thing was wrong when it was done to Jews, then it's wrong when it's Jews doing it. It isn't the ethinicity of the actor on either side that's important, it's the act itself.
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

10+ Year Old Account
    No word about the polls showing a large drop for Boris?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    No word about the polls showing a large drop for Boris?
    The other thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Already old news. The latest polling has seen the Tories drop points with their incessant reminders this week that they hate poor people and they hate the north.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana View Post
    Don't forget, it was also because of Tory mismanagement / incompetence that there was a terrorist attack on London Bridge earlier this week.

- - - Updated - - -

Is this somehow a controversial opinion within the UK?

Or it this just more pearl-clutching caused by the media?

"Oh noes, someone is questioning the rightfulness of an artificial aggressive state at the root of massive and permanent violence and injustices in the Middle East! Which incidentally also has strong ties to the large military-industrial and corporate weapon manufacturers around the world."
    Well apparantly Corbyn's only direct comment on wether Israel has a right to exist was that they have a right to exist so..

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Huehuecoyotl View Post
    What "Israel" has the right to exist? The one with borders that were in place back in 1948? Or the one today following decades of stealing land from Palestinians? How far should they be allowed to extend before we have the right to say "stop"? Do we have to wait until they wipe out the Palestinians entirely before we can say that genocide is a bad thing REGARDLESS OF WHO IS DOING IT?

If a thing was wrong when it was done to Jews, then it's wrong when it's Jews doing it. It isn't the ethinicity of the actor on either side that's important, it's the act itself.
    Who is this we that you say has the right to say stop?

You know, moderates like me will never understand why extremists like you take the side of Corbyn's bezzies Hamas. A proscribed organisation in the UK btw.

Oh well you keep advocating for terrorists over natural allies of the UK, like Israel, and you expose the so called tolerant left for who they are. No wonder they have a problem with anti-semitism.
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

Who is this we that you say has the right to say stop?

You know, moderates like me will never understand why extremists like you take the side of Corbyn's bezzies Hamas. A proscribed organisation in the UK btw.

Oh well you keep advocating for terrorists over natural allies of the UK, like Israel, and you expose the so called tolerant left for who they are. No wonder they have a problem with anti-semitism.
    You can stop pretending to be moderate now, no one is falling for it. And I see you also keep confusing government for actual people because having issues with a country's government is not the same as hating it's people otherwise you'd hate the UK.

It's weird how much Israel talk there is here. Who gives a shit? How is that the UK's problem in any meaningful sense? Suppose Jeremy Corbyn in his heart of hearts wished that Israel just wasn't a country at all - where should that rank on the list of British political considerations?

I'm generally pretty pro-Israel, I just don't get how this ever became a meaningful attack on a politician in 2019 Europe.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiase View Post
    @dribbles woa, what happened to your signature where you always link to the so called impending brexit date? Did you get tired of linking to something that continuously made you look wrong?

- - - Updated - - -

please stop, i'm gonna piss myself from laughing if you keep it up with these sad lies xD
    Maybe Nige asked them to take the site offline because he's given up on Brexit?

Quote Originally Posted by Butler to Baby Sloths View Post
    Maybe Nige asked them to take the site offline because he's given up on Brexit?
    Nige likely never wanted Brexit. Just knew an easy job when he saw one. Get paid stacks by turning up in EU parliament once a quarter. Spend 5 minutes bitching about it then go home and pretend to be a man in the pub. (I mean he acts ignorant enough to be one.)

Nige is just upset he likely won't be in the EU parliament much longer and his paymasters abandoned him for Bojo.

Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    Nige likely never wanted Brexit. Just knew an easy job when he saw one. Get paid stacks by turning up in EU parliament once a quarter. Spend 5 minutes bitching about it then go home and pretend to be a man in the pub. (I mean he acts ignorant enough to be one.)

Nige is just upset he likely won't be in the EU parliament much longer and his paymasters abandoned him for Bojo.
    Yeah, if Brexit ever actually happened, Nige would lose his only soapbox. If he is to remain relevant (i.e. get spots on QT, be on the 10 o'clock news, get asked to be on the UK's version of Alex Jones' radio show and so on) Brexit cannot happen. Brexit not happening also has the additional benefit of him getting thousands of pounds per month, untaxed, plus expenses from the EU for not doing his job.

Quote Originally Posted by Rochana View Post
    Me neither, it is the favorite stick the media loves to use to slander politicians within the UK though.

I posed the question a few dozen pages ago already how "anti-semitism" is even the main subject when you literally have much more relevant things going on such as:
    - Tory mismanagement releasing the terrorist that caused the London Bridge attack
    - BJ making comments about "workers" all being drunks, lazy and useless
    - Tories trying to sell off the NHS

It's a good distraction, so the government won't have to actually answer or address any problems they're responsible for...
    I suppose it's easier than actually arguing the substance of things that matter in the UK. I think what I'm puzzled by more than anything else is the reflexive taking of the bait. Sure, I'd expect Corbyn himself to push back against claims that he's an "anti-Semite", but it's not obvious to me why his supporters don't simply reply, "I actually don't give a shit if Jeremy likes Israel". Why is the immediate response get defensive and try to somehow prove the accusation false when you know the accusers don't actually care much anyway?

Not my guy, not my country, and I'm surely not a good one to get advice from on the matter, I'm just personally puzzled by it.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    It's weird how much Israel talk there is here. Who gives a shit? How is that the UK's problem in any meaningful sense? Suppose Jeremy Corbyn in his heart of hearts wished that Israel just wasn't a country at all - where should that rank on the list of British political considerations?

I'm generally pretty pro-Israel, I just don't get how this ever became a meaningful attack on a politician in 2019 Europe.
    I think it's because it's the most complex and interesting geopolitical issue of our era. I'm pretty sure Israel talk will basically be a political hobby/pastime for decades to come.

Is the Israel issue of much importance? No.
    Is it a source for endless musing and bickering? Yes.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post

It's because Labour sell themselves as the party of sanctuary for the downtrodden, disabled, minorities and the poor, yet nothing could be further from the truth. The UK welcomed and offered such sanctuary from European persecution to many Jews in their past hour of need. The problem with Labour under the Corbyn leadership is that, other than the BNP, no other UK political party has been under formal investigation by the EHRC.

The equalities watchdog is investigating over whether the party has unlawfully discriminated against, harassed or victimised people because they are Jewish.

https://www.thejc.com/news/uk-news/a...earch-1.493759

Shameful. How can British people who think of themselves as decent vote for and want that man to represent them on the world stage and engage with the EU during the Brexit negotiations?

Any enemy of Britain is Corbyns best mate. I'd hate to think what he'd sacrifice to appease our greatest enemy of the 21stC, the EU...

It's because Labour sell themselves as the party of sanctuary for the downtrodden, disabled, minorities and the poor, yet nothing could be further from the truth. The UK welcomed and offered such sanctuary from European persecution to many Jews in their past hour of need. The problem with Labour under the Corbyn leadership is that, other than the BNP, no other UK political party has been under formal investigation by the EHRC.

The equalities watchdog is investigating over whether the party has unlawfully discriminated against, harassed or victimised people because they are Jewish.

https://www.thejc.com/news/uk-news/a...earch-1.493759

Shameful. How can British people who think of themselves as decent vote for and want that man to represent them on the world stage and engage with the EU during the Brexit negotiations?

Any enemy of Britain is Corbyns best mate. I'd hate to think what he'd sacrifice to appease our greatest enemy of the 21stC, the EU...
    So do you actually care about what an "equalities watchdog" has to say? I can't tell.

7+ Year Old Account
    the best part is how he ignores me, pretending like he hasn't been proven wrong the last what? 10 times with that ridicules date that never comes around hahaha
    Give us 5 minutes will you? We have to drain the parliamentary swamp first. Remain are all over the place, whilst Brexiteers are organised and united.

https://unite2leave.co.uk

Before the tick tocks restart you could just listen to the message in my sig, over and over you'll get the message...

We have to drain the parliamentary swamp first. Remain are all over the place, whilst Brexiteers are organised and united.
    I weep for the UK's future.

Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    I weep for the UK's future.
    You don't have to tolerate idiocy and trolling.

- - - Updated - - -

i could swear you've been saying this crap since day one and nothing has happened yet. At this point i'm convinced you're just a russian troll trying to sow discord on the internet.
    No shit.
    Tenchar
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    The thing I find funniest about the fake allegations of antisemitism people throw at Corbyn is that not only is it obviously untrue as he's spent his entire life fighting racism/intolerance (condemning the government of Israel for any wrongdoings is not antisemitic no matter how much Netanyahu wishes it was), but even if it was true (which it isn't just to clarify) it doesn't even matter anyway.

Because even if it was true, he must be the worst antisemitic going as since the BXP imploded the Tories have the Nazi vote in the bag, and to make things even more comical the leader of the Tories (and current PM) is a self confessed racist and Islamophobe, yet some people are still worried about Corbyn becoming PM because he hasn't been proven 100% beyond any possible doubt to not be a potential maybe antisemite >.>

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    The thing I find funniest about the fake allegations of antisemitism people throw at Corbyn is that not only is it obviously untrue as he's spent his entire life fighting racism/intolerance (condemning the government of Israel for any wrongdoings is not antisemitic no matter how much Netanyahu wishes it was), but even if it was true (which it isn't just to clarify) it doesn't even matter anyway.

Because even if it was true, he must be the worst antisemitic going as since the BXP imploded the Tories have the Nazi vote in the bag, and to make things even more comical the leader of the Tories (and current PM) is a self confessed racist and Islamophobe, yet some people are still worried about Corbyn becoming PM because he hasn't been proven 100% beyond any possible doubt to not be a potential maybe antisemite >.>
    He apologised for his antisemitism yesterday, our Phillip on the comfy sofa dragged it out of the shameful man, so that makes everything hunky dory in the Labour party does it? I'm betting if it weren't for the election he wouldn't have said sorry. But then if what you say is true why did he apologise for something he and the Labour Party are not?

He isn't fooling anyone.

Here's what a holocaust survivor said today...

94-year-old Holocaust survivor blasts Jeremy Corbyn for anti-Semitism in the Labour party

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/104790...-labour-party/

and here's the begrudging apology from yesterday...