View Poll Results: 10 days left, what'll it be?

Voters
92. This poll is closed
  • Hard Brexit (crash out)

45 48.91%
  • No Brexit (Remain by revoking A50)

24 26.09%
  • Withdrawal Agreement (after a new session is called)

0 0%
  • Extension + Withdrawal Agreement

3 3.26%
  • Extension + Crashout

9 9.78%
  • Extension + Remain

11 11.96%
    Quote Originally Posted by Huehuecoyotl View Post
    It'll take longer than that. Reality takes a fair while to penetrate things that dense. I expect people to still be saying "isn't Brexit wonderful" when the choice is whether to eat stray dogs or tramps.
    No, they'll find out they don't have all the cards when they first show up to the negotiations for a trade agreement and the EU welcomes them with the words "So, about the 39bn, the fate of EU citizens in the UK and that Irish border..."
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    No, they'll find out they don't have all the cards when they first show up to the negotiations for a trade agreement and the EU welcomes them with the words "So, about the 39bn, the fate of EU citizens in the UK and that Irish border..."
    Is there a point to negotiating with a government lead by a man who supposedly made up absurd claims like the EU would make fishermen wear hair nets? If he believed that he'd be insane and if he did not he'd be a liar. Either way it is hopeless

Quote Originally Posted by Xarkan View Post
    Is there a point to negotiating with a government lead by a man who supposedly made up absurd claims like the EU would make fishermen wear hair nets? If he believed that he'd be insane and if he did not he'd be a liar. Either way it is hopeless
    Let's face it when it comes to negotiations it will likely go like this

EU *fully prepared*: Come up with something meaningful we can go with.
    Boris lot: We want *insert something totally unreasonable even as a starting point.*
    EU: We can't do that how about *insert reasonable EU starting point here.*
    Boris: How dare you insult us. We're British which means we're better than you. Bow to us.
    EU: WTF?
    Boris group: LAND OF HOPE AND GLORY! TWO WORLD WARS ONE WORLD CUP! *hums WW2 movie themes*
    EU: We'll come back later.
    Boris: Ha look at those surrender monkeys.

Sun/Mail/Express: EU cowards walk out of negotiations as an insult to Boris you the British people!
    Brexiteers: Fuck yeah Boris. Show those EU Bureaucrats whose boss!
    Pensioner Brexiteers: NHS might not be able to get my meds, but at least I don't have to be nice to the Pole anymore!

Rest of us: HELP!

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    the circus starts in march, but EU will not wait to state its positions earlier in public. there will be a blame game anyway, so why not tell up front what is what.

Just popped on to wish you all a Happy Xmas.

Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    3. Remainers are traitors, they'd have been shot less than a century ago for what they have done.
    That includes you, Mr D. Despite your shortcomings.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    Let's face it when it comes to negotiations it will likely go like this

EU *fully prepared*: Come up with something meaningful we can go with.
    Boris lot: We want *insert something totally unreasonable even as a starting point.*
    EU: We can't do that how about *insert reasonable EU starting point here.*
    Boris: How dare you insult us. We're British which means we're better than you. Bow to us.
    EU: WTF?
    Boris group: LAND OF HOPE AND GLORY! TWO WORLD WARS ONE WORLD CUP! *hums WW2 movie themes*
    EU: We'll come back later.
    Boris: Ha look at those surrender monkeys.

Sun/Mail/Express: EU cowards walk out of negotiations as an insult to Boris you the British people!
    Brexiteers: Fuck yeah Boris. Show those EU Bureaucrats whose boss!
    Pensioner Brexiteers: NHS might not be able to get my meds, but at least I don't have to be nice to the Pole anymore!

Rest of us: HELP!
    Lol very funny, is that original or a copy/paste? If original it's the best post of 2019 and so true, you eurohonies are all coming around to my way of thinking.

By "rest of us" you of course meant the one or two remainers in the UK left who just so happen to post here as the UK majority get their Brexmas wish come true in the New Year...

Quote Originally Posted by LeGin Tufnel View Post

Merry Brexmas to you too Nigel, I hope you left a carrot out for Santa tonight rather than a bottle of Gordons, or even worse EU Prosecco. We don't want Dasher, Dancer, Prancer et al pissed tonight now do we?
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

10+ Year Old Account
    I hope that all residents of Londinium and the surrounding land have a joyous Saturnalia.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

Well for Mr D Christmas isn't until Jan 7th

But happy Christmas to the rest of you.

Quote Originally Posted by Xarkan View Post
    Why not, it doesn't cost the EU much to have a go at it. The EU isn't very picky, they'll take any small achievement out of it and if nothing can be done, we have seen in TTI that the EU can just walk away from the table and never look back. Think the US is more butthurt about that than we are... everytime I mention it they're like "uhh, you're protectionist!"

I'm like "...says the nation that starts trade wars with most of the planet..."

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ranzino View Post
    the circus starts in march, but EU will not wait to state its positions earlier in public. there will be a blame game anyway, so why not tell up front what is what.
    You're right. The EU has said they woulud begin negotiations like that half a year ago. I wasn't making shit up, if anyone thought that. That is a legit official statement on how those negotiations are about to go down.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana View Post
    You're giving these politicians a lot of credit. I'll believe it when I see it, they might just end up like May in the end... crawling back on all of their promises as soon as the weight of responsibility and accountability rests upon their own shoulders.

"We never actually -promised- we could get Brexit done, and we're not going to do it if it harms the UK as a whole."
    -Tories 2020
    interesting years ahead then...
    do they know they cannot reverse Brexit after jan 31 ? afaik the revoke clause will not apply anymore.

7+ Year Old Account
    On the twelfth day of Brexmas our Boris gave to me...

35bn to the NHS
    40 new hospitals
    50000 nurses
    Got Brexit done,
    Immigration by points
    Mwahhhh sovereignty
    20000 new police
    and a Tory majoritieeeeee

Enjoy your freedom sprouts today eurochums.

Morrisons accused of renaming Brussels Sprouts to appease 'Brexit Britain'

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-new...routs-21159699

13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

do they know they cannot reverse Brexit after jan 31 ? afaik the revoke clause will not apply anymore.
    That is correct. January 31st we'll be rid of them and their political clown posse.

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    That is correct. January 31st we'll be rid of them and their political clown posse.

and to express more joy...some little stuff from Charpentier
    Last edited by ranzino; 2019-12-26 at 12:15 AM.

They can, however, apply for re-admission (and lose the billions of Euros in exceptions and rebates that they wouldn't normally have got). Oh, and join Schengen and the Euro, of course.

To borrow a turn of phrase from the currently-banned dribbles: tick tock, counting down the days until they come grovelling back to Brussels begging to be let back in.

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler to Baby Sloths View Post
    They can, however, apply for re-admission (and lose the billions of Euros in exceptions and rebates that they wouldn't normally have got). Oh, and join Schengen and the Euro, of course.

To borrow a turn of phrase from the currently-banned dribbles: tick tock, counting down the days until they come grovelling back to Brussels begging to be let back in.
    july will be a first test, UK's chance to ask for extension was ruled out by themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by YTrasis View Post
    You are one of a large number of europhiles who have a strong general argument in principle and somehow manage to lose it consistently by using the worst possible or least convincing arguments. The UK is not going to suffer that much outside the EU generally. There are existing countries outside the EU in Europe which do fine. There will likely be transitional problems-but the Tories don't care and the voters don't either unless it directly affects them. The country will be unbalanced economy with almost all the wealth going upwards-but again the Tories and the British public do not care.

This line of argument is almost designed to allow the Brexiteers, who are wrong about almost everything, to crow in victory about something which was never really doubt in the first place. Just maybe think before opening your mouth in future, this isn't a wrestling match where your opinion will be vindicated in some emotionally satisfying conclusion.
    Those countries outside the EU in Europe haven't spend the last 46 years growing their economy to work within the structure of the EU.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    Those countries outside the EU in Europe haven't spend the last 46 years growing their economy to work within the structure of the EU.
    also begs the question which countries are outside of EU and not affected from it.
    23 countries outside of EU, but 4 are EFTA and closely with EU. additional Andorra, Monaco, San Marino and Vatican are tiny states surrounded by EU and even use EURO.
    leaves those 15: Albania, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Georgia (yes, a state outside of USA !), Kazakhstan, Kosovo, North Macedonia, Moldova, Montenegro, Russia, Serbia, Turkey, Ukraine and Belarus.
    some of them applied for EU membership already, others are more or less obedient (because part of former soviet union) satellites of Russia.

Quote Originally Posted by Butler to Baby Sloths View Post

Not gonna happen anytime soon. If anything I've learned about the British Bulldog by now it's that its stubbornness far, far outweighs its intelligence. I wouldn't even be surprised if Remainers swing to an anti-EU stance after the propaganda wave of how the EU is being mean hits the streets. Considering that even many Remainers don't understand the EU, that is...

- - - Updated - - -

also begs the question which countries are outside of EU and not affected from it.
    23 countries outside of EU, but 4 are EFTA and closely with EU. additional Andorra, Monaco, San Marino and Vatican are tiny states surrounded by EU and even use EURO.
    leaves those 15: Albania, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Georgia (yes, a state outside of USA !), Kazakhstan, Kosovo, North Macedonia, Moldova, Montenegro, Russia, Serbia, Turkey, Ukraine and Belarus.
    some of them applied for EU membership already, others are more or less obedient (because part of former soviet union) satellites of Russia.
    Kazakhstan is European only by the farthest stretch of the imagination. Same for Azerbaijan. Just because they're part of UEFA doesn't make them European.

10+ Year Old Account
    Even the remainer camp in the UK have never been all that sold on anything more involved than the deal they already had.

If accepting things such as Schengen and the Euro is on the table as a requirement to re-join, it wouldn't surprise me even a little bit if the Brits are out permanently after this.

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account

Kazakhstan is European only by the farthest stretch of the imagination. Same for Azerbaijan. Just because they're part of UEFA doesn't make them European.
    i used the german list here: https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liste_...cht-EU-Staaten
    for Kaz it is like Turkey, where a tiny bit of area is in europe, so the whole country is counted in.
    otherwise everything north of Iran is europe, because the natural border is set in Ural, which is situated even more east than Caucaus region with Armenia, Georgia, Azerbaijan.
    by this definition europe is graced with Kalmykia too, now the only main buddhist territory in europe.
    Last edited by ranzino; 2019-12-28 at 07:29 PM.