View Poll Results: 10 days left, what'll it be?

Voters
92. This poll is closed
  • Hard Brexit (crash out)

45 48.91%
  • No Brexit (Remain by revoking A50)

24 26.09%
  • Withdrawal Agreement (after a new session is called)

0 0%
  • Extension + Withdrawal Agreement

3 3.26%
  • Extension + Crashout

9 9.78%
  • Extension + Remain

11 11.96%
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarkan View Post
    Iceland was (and is) not in the EU though so ...
    Thanks for the information, but what does that matter?
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thoplias View Post
    You can bail out the investors directly and avoid most of the hardship and job losses. There is NO reason to give bankers money.
    The objective was that the banks would use the money more wisely than they did in terms of stimulating the economy through loaning businesses to use the money to invest, to continue to lend to the middle and working classes to spend and to stimulate growth.

They did not do this. They tightened their lending criteria, so the money couldn't end up where it was intended, and used it to speculate further and feather their own beds.

Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    Guess the country that was against better regulations of banks within the EU.
    The UK still pushes for deregulation, it's one factor behind Brexit. But I already said this, so why are you asking?

15+ Year Old Account
    You can bail out the investors directly and avoid most of the hardship and job losses.
    The bailout to banks wasn't to save investors, they should fail with the banks if we'd argue for no bailout of banks.

The bailout was to protect debtors, the problem was the lack of regulations reinstated or introduced.
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

10+ Year Old Account
    I recall that argument being advanced at the time. I have some difficulty with it because you would have to have been very naive to believe the banks would lend at that time, given their history of selfishness and corruption up to that point. It really would have been better to reimburse investors directly.

I don't really believe that Gordon Brown and New Labour supporters really thought it would work like that. They just were always far too close to the corporations. I think they were just giving their city friends backhanders exactly as the Tories do.
    It would have been better to just hand out the billions direct to the working a middle classes in 'helicopter payments'. Or spend the money directly on capital infrastructure investment and houses to stimulate jobs, particularly in the construction industry that was initially hardest hit and bring house prices down so people could meet the stricter lending criteria.

There are many, many thing the money could and should have been better spent on. But they chose to go with the charismatic lying narcissists and sociopaths in banking who said that's what they were going to do with it.

15+ Year Old Account
    By investors I meant the people you were talking about suffering in the event of a collapse, which would include depositors, debtors, whatever. It is semantics.

You seem to be trying very, very hard to justify a decision to give the super-rich a trillion pounds from taxpayer money. If you were worried about the effects on society then help society directly., it is a simple point.
    You seem to have trouble comprehending what you read. But as you seem to think using the wrong term is semantics then yeah, let's leave it here.

To bring it back on topic and away from the utter nonsense being posted about banking and bank bailouts; (a few) MPs have begun to debate the PM's Brexit bill - https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/uk-politics-51023194

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    oh dear, Australia already waggles a finger....
    https://www.theguardian.com/politics...l-deal-with-uk

Australia has ruled out a post-Brexit trade deal involving visa-free travel and work arrangements with the UK.

Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    To bring it back on topic and away from the utter nonsense being posted about banking and bank bailouts; (a few) MPs have begun to debate the PM's Brexit bill - ]
    Wow I didn't know information that was posted on a major news channel and online 12 hours ago said. Obviously I come to MMO champion for that information rather than turning on the television....

LOL at this pompous little turd thinking he is some kind of news aggregation service.

Infracted.
    Last edited by Flarelaine; 2020-01-08 at 06:34 PM. Reason: Flaming

Quote Originally Posted by Fantasimo View Post
    Wow I didn't know information that was posted on a major news channel and online 12 hours ago said. Obviously I come to MMO champion for that information rather than turning on the television....

LOL at this pompous little turd thinking he is some kind of news aggregation service.
    In the UK maybe. You forget the rest of the world doesn't necessarily have their eyes riveted 24/7 on your little parliamentary circus ...

Quote Originally Posted by Demolitia View Post
    In the UK maybe. You forget the rest of the world doesn't necessarily have their eyes riveted 24/7 on your little parliamentary circus ...
    Yet somehow you have your eyes riveted on a Brexit thread on a forum devoted to MMO's. That doesn't make any sense.

Looks like even your royal family is trying to get the hell away from this nonsense now !

The Withdrawal Bill has passed its third reading and now moves to the Lords.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-51051178

... has anyone seen @dribbles???

He was banned for a while.

10+ Year Old Account

I don't think anyone gives a shit anymore. Short of a fully fuelled A380 landing on Westminster during a full session giving us opportunity to reconsider the last General Election result, and reassess fundamentally how we're governed and represented in both houses, we are heading for a Brexit imagined by the far right, with no scrutiny or discussion in Parliament.

You got what you wanted, a Parliament unfettered by the inconvenience of having to do anything beyond what the executive tells it to do.

Mark Francois - the gift that keeps on giving - says that Big Ben should bong for Brexit.

https://twitter.com/Channel4News/sta...31755848355840

Mark Francois - the gift that keeps on giving - says that Big Ben should bong for Brexit.

https://twitter.com/Channel4News/sta...31755848355840
    I guess the right response would be

Do not ask for whom the bell tolls, for it tolls for you.

In other news that I happened to stumble upon (and I know you all want to hear) no chlorinated chickens for us!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-51054700

Not sure how you managed that but congrats anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Rochana View Post
    "Chlorine-washed chicken and hormone-treated beef will be kept out of the UK under any trade deal with the US, the environment secretary has promised."

That is politician-speak for: "We're going to stuff chlorinated chicken and hormone-treated beef down our citizens' throats."
    Oh! Is it... really?

Quote Originally Posted by ranzino View Post
    oh dear, Australia already waggles a finger....
    https://www.theguardian.com/politics...l-deal-with-uk

Australia has ruled out a post-Brexit trade deal involving visa-free travel and work arrangements with the UK.
    To be exact they haven't ruled out a free trade deal, there very much I favor of that and growing trade between the UK and aus and the UK is the 2nd biggest investor in aus.

But aus as we know is very much anti free movement, they still have them camps and aus style points systems are a big fave amongst right wing politicians in the UK.

As the guy says there's Alot of grey between free movment and no movment and there open to reciprocating what the UK gives them currently of more easy movment.

Aus hae been heavily advertising in the UK online for people to go over

Had this love latter playing for a while befor my YouTube vids