View Poll Results: 10 days left, what'll it be?

Voters
92. This poll is closed
  • Hard Brexit (crash out)

45 48.91%
  • No Brexit (Remain by revoking A50)

24 26.09%
  • Withdrawal Agreement (after a new session is called)

0 0%
  • Extension + Withdrawal Agreement

3 3.26%
  • Extension + Crashout

9 9.78%
  • Extension + Remain

11 11.96%
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    The biggest brexit news right now is in the immigration thread after petty Patel made her "I hate the poor and foreign." comments with the whole 8 million non workers (of which 10k at most are work shy) should do slave wage labour.
    Oh where the government asked to introduce a points based system and was surprised to find out that there was a points based system in place since the 70s or so?
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    It's pretty quiet, nothing happing rn?
    Same old same old. The EU wants the best for itself in terms of self preservation as an organisation, not the best for its citizens as usual.

The UK unchained is looking forward to those sunny brexit uplands coming soon in spades as it makes a huge success of WTO rules and the EU sees its worst nightmare come true undermining and questioning the very need for existence.

The EU right now looks like a dying fly freshly sprayed with pesticide.
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    Same old same old. The EU wants the best for itself in terms of self preservation as an organisation, not the best for its citizens as usual.

The UK unchained is looking forward to those sunny brexit uplands coming soon in spades as it makes a huge success of WTO rules and the EU sees its worst nightmare come true undermining and questioning the very need for existence.

Someone else who is not high on adderall?
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Just a calm period before the negotiations start in a month.
    In general I wouldn't expect much Brexit news until July? when the extension deadline looms close.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

lol, it is Friday afternoon, why are you high already?

There won't be much happening until the end of the year. Brits didn't realise they won't get special treatment anymore for 3 years of discussions, why would that change now? Under BoJo no less...
    Shortly before grace period is over, the Tories will start panicking and then we will fast forward through talks, with large concessions made by them.
    Until then, don't expect much news imo.

If anthing the UK is now properly chained, you are as bound to the EU as you were a month ago, but without a say until december at the very least.
    Then in january, NI will be part of the EU for all economic intents and purposes.
    Good luck with WTO and its absence of dispute resolution mechanism since the US are refusing to nominate members of the appalate court. So if you will trade on whatever terms countries or economic blocks larger than the UK (which is basically the whole planet) please.
    Enjoy the freedom.

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    Just a calm period before the negotiations start in a month.
    In general I wouldn't expect much Brexit news until July? when the extension deadline looms close.
    afaik the fun starts in 2 weeks, as soon as march is on calendar. both sides stated their intent already

10+ Year Old Account
    All of my goods from the EU are being held up in the UK at the moment, so there's that.

I'm not even in the EU and Brexit is making a nuisance of itself.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Demolitia View Post
    If anthing the UK is now properly chained, you are as bound to the EU as you were a month ago, but without a say until december at the very least.
    Then in january, NI will be part of the EU for all economic intents and purposes.
    Good luck with WTO and its absence of dispute resolution mechanism since the US are refusing to nominate members of the appalate court. So if you will trade on whatever terms countries or economic blocks larger than the UK (which is basically the whole planet) please.
    Enjoy the freedom.
    Just accept we have left will you? And as for requiring a dispute resolution mechanism seemingly it's the EU that are in dire need of one of as they very publicly tear themselves apart.

EU gripped by budget chaos after Brexit

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...get-talks.html

Can't even agree a small simple internal matter like their own budget, no chance of anyone externally getting a trade deal with them in the next 20 years, just ask the Mercosur group. Don't worry though the UK is well placed and ready for an Oz style arrangement. How is the EU doing with their financial planning requirements after December when money will be harder to come by from trickier relations with the City of London? They just can't stop spending can they? Perhaps someone should explain the UK is not paying for them any more, where they going to borrow their unborn grandchildren's money from next to fund their latest extravagances?

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    All of my goods from the EU are being held up in the UK at the moment, so there's that.

I'm not even in the EU and Brexit is making a nuisance of itself.
    Only going to get worse for EU goods that have to transit through the UK in the future but I have a suggestion that can help you with that. Buy the goods you need from the UK, not the EU. I hope your goods don't have a limited shelf life, that would be a pity should they spoil. Still you'll learn your lesson.

Brexit working as intended.
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

Only going to get worse for EU goods that have to transit through the UK in the future but I have a suggestion that can help you with that. Buy the goods you need from the UK, not the EU. I hope your goods don't have a limited shelf life, that would be a pity should they spoil. Still you'll learn your lesson.

Screwing international trade and driving up the costs of goods for UK and others is working as intended? Only lesson to learn is to buy directly from the EU when they learn their lesson not to stupidly route it through a country of derps.
    “Logic: The art of thinking and reasoning in strict accordance with the limitations and incapacities of the human misunderstanding.”
    "Conservative, n: A statesman who is enamored of existing evils, as distinguished from the Liberal who wishes to replace them with others."
    Ambrose Bierce
    The Bird of Hermes Is My Name, Eating My Wings To Make Me Tame.

10+ Year Old Account

Sure, when y'all start making wine that doesn't taste like ass.

Also, the goods I'm referring to specifically are folk crafted items from Greece. You're asking me to buy traditional Greek goods from English people.

If I'm going to do that, might as well buy from the Chinese. Either I'm paying for the authenticity/quality or I'll go for the cheapest option possible. English produced goods fall into neither category.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Just accept we have left will you? And as for requiring a dispute resolution mechanism seemingly it's the EU that are in dire need of one of as they very publicly tear themselves apart.

EU gripped by budget chaos after Brexit

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...get-talks.html

Can't even agree a small simple internal matter like their own budget, no chance of anyone externally getting a trade deal with them in the next 20 years, just ask the Mercosur group. Don't worry though the UK is well placed and ready for an Oz style arrangement. How is the EU doing with their financial planning requirements after December when money will be harder to come by from trickier relations with the City of London? They just can't stop spending can they? Perhaps someone should explain the UK is not paying for them any more, where they going to borrow their unborn grandchildren's money from next to fund their latest extravagances?.
    Sure, the UK is no longer a member state, yet it is still paying contributions into the budget, still follows our rules, and is still bound by out decisions. The only thing that has changed is that you don't have a say anymore. And blue passports.
    The budget issue for the next 7 years is being discussed by the council now. It's always a complicated discussion, but they'll find a solution. It's not a trivial matter, but it's more an issue of political differences than actual financial ones.
    What Oz style agreement? The EU Australia one that doesn't exist yet because it is being negotiated? The one that will includes provisions on labour and environmental alignment?

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Something we could have done literally whenever we wanted....
    It was amazing how many people I saw cheer that we'd start getting new passports. Truly the most pathetic win.
    And they are being made in France. For the ultimate lolz.

Taking back control; giving ourselves the ability to ask other countries to make different coloured passports for us.
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

Quote Originally Posted by Huehuecoyotl View Post
    And they are being made in France. For the ultimate lolz.

Taking back control; giving ourselves the ability to ask other countries to make different coloured passports for us.
    Actually they are printed in Poland, by a french-dutch company

No nation on Earth trades on WTO rules with its major trade partners. I wonder why that could be? I mean, do you know what "WTO Rules" actually means?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler to Baby Sloths View Post
    No nation on Earth trades on WTO rules with its major trade partners. I wonder why that could be? I mean, do you know what "WTO Rules" actually means?
    It's all a play to the gallery with posts like that.

Wouldn't surprise me one bit if Dribs here is actively betting against the UK economy.

Quote Originally Posted by zealo View Post
    It's all a play to the gallery with posts like that.

Wouldn't surprise me one bit if Dribs here is actively betting against the UK economy.
    Oh I remember a couple of his posts where he pretty much said that was happening.

Nobody gives a shit at this point. The UK is out, we're just waiting for the crash at the end of the year and then we're finally done with this shitshow. I'm more interested in other EU related news. They're tightening the noose around those big corporations, which is far more entertaining than the UK. Crazy only goes so far...
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    Nobody gives a shit at this point. The UK is out, we're just waiting for the crash at the end of the year and then we're finally done with this shitshow. I'm more interested in other EU related news. They're tightening the noose around those big corporations, which is far more entertaining than the UK. Crazy only goes so far...
    but EU will never hear the end of it with blame game and pointing fingers in full swing, comes negotiations.
    unless UK breaks down a few red lines, they will suffer. it even looks like starvation will be a thing, because UK will cut themselves off from some food imports or because the bureaucracy births price hikes populace cannot afford. so what are they doing ??

Quote Originally Posted by ranzino View Post
    but EU will never hear the end of it with blame game and pointing fingers in full swing, comes negotiations.
    unless UK breaks down a few red lines, they will suffer. it even looks like starvation will be a thing, because UK will cut themselves off from some food imports or because the bureaucracy births price hikes populace cannot afford. so what are they doing ??
    Johnson legally ruled out an extension and parliament oversight of the negotiations. Parliament can change the rules at this point of course, but the EU is now bracing for no deal. No broad agreement will happen by december unless Johnsson bends over.