View Poll Results: 10 days left, what'll it be?

Voters
92. This poll is closed
  • Hard Brexit (crash out)

45 48.91%
  • No Brexit (Remain by revoking A50)

24 26.09%
  • Withdrawal Agreement (after a new session is called)

0 0%
  • Extension + Withdrawal Agreement

3 3.26%
  • Extension + Crashout

9 9.78%
  • Extension + Remain

11 11.96%
    Quote Originally Posted by Demolitia View Post
    Johnson legally ruled out an extension and parliament oversight of the negotiations. Parliament can change the rules at this point of course, but the EU is now bracing for no deal. No broad agreement will happen by december unless Johnsson bends over.
    Johnson can, if need be, alter the end of the transition period (parliament cannot take control as it has in the past - they do not have the numbers nor do they have a speaker that will bend the rules) however, at present, he will not and it would be politically damaging for him to do so..
    Last edited by Pann; 2020-02-22 at 09:03 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Huehuecoyotl View Post
    And they are being made in France. For the ultimate lolz.

Taking back control; giving ourselves the ability to ask other countries to make different coloured passports for us.
    Not for long they won't be with 96% of British people saying they should be made in the UK. No serving government will miss such an easy win to transfer the contract home soon enough. Must have been a legacy thing remainer May organised when she was in power. Anyone know if I can replace my stinky EU one for a bluey beforehand even though it still has 3 years to run?

Oh and as an aside I can't be the only one who uses gmail in the UK can I? Anyone else get the notification that google are transferring regulatory, financial and geographical censorship control from the EU (Dublin) HQ back to the US for all UK users? Another benefit of brexit and loss for the EU, the cost of brexit to them just keeps on going up.
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    Not for long they won't be with 96% of British people saying they should be made in the UK. No serving government will miss such an easy win to transfer the contract home soon enough. Must have been a legacy thing remainer May organised when she was in power. Anyone know if I can replace my stinky EU one for a bluey beforehand even though it still has 3 years to run?

Oh and as an aside I can't be the only one who uses gmail in the UK can I? Anyone else get the notification that google are transferring regulatory, financial and geographical censorship control from the EU (Dublin) HQ back to the US for all UK users? Another benefit of brexit and loss for the EU, the cost of brexit to them just keeps on going up.
    Oh yes, we get the "benefit" of losing the protection of GDPR laws. So Google will be able to do whatever the fuck they want with our data with no chance of legal challenge.

You Brexit types do have an odd idea of what constitutes a benefit, don't you? I guess that explains why you vote the way you do.
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

Quote Originally Posted by ranzino View Post
    but EU will never hear the end of it with blame game and pointing fingers in full swing, comes negotiations.
    unless UK breaks down a few red lines, they will suffer. it even looks like starvation will be a thing, because UK will cut themselves off from some food imports or because the bureaucracy births price hikes populace cannot afford. so what are they doing ??
    I'm not sure why we should care? We don't care if Chile has a problem with our policies and how we treat them. Or Namibia. Why should we care what the UK thinks? They're full of shit anyway. I don't even care if negotiations break down. I am not dependent on their medicines, food, power, services, international cooperation... we're part of a much bigger network.

Sorry Remainers, but you're on your own from here on. You know where to point fingers.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Raspberry Lemon View Post
    how the fuck is that a good thing?
    If you want to see the country burn down, this is a good thing. Alternatively, if you want to be a vassal to the US, this would also be a good thing. Basically, this is good if you hate the British people. And Dribbles has displayed nothing but contempt for the British so far. Why would he change now?
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Im sure it can be answered with the same response to the questions "so when will all those government programs get more funding for the money you all said we'd no longer be sending to the EU?"

Um aaa, so we were lying about most if not all the benefits of leaving, and stop asking already.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ranzino View Post
    but EU will never hear the end of it with blame game and pointing fingers in full swing, comes negotiations.
    unless UK breaks down a few red lines, they will suffer. it even looks like starvation will be a thing, because UK will cut themselves off from some food imports or because the bureaucracy births price hikes populace cannot afford. so what are they doing ??
    The UK is no longer a member of the club, if they want to point fingers at the EU for their misfortunes rather than government ineptitude in adequately preparing logistics for a UK outside the EU, that's their businesses.

It's Dribbles. Anything that results from Brexit, especially something that 'takes something away from the EU' is automatically good to him, no matter the contents.

7+ Year Old Account
    Oh yes, we get the "benefit" of losing the protection of GDPR laws. So Google will be able to do whatever the fuck they want with our data with no chance of legal challenge.

You Brexit types do have an odd idea of what constitutes a benefit, don't you? I guess that explains why you vote the way you do.
    If some bod from google in California can make a few cents out of the fact I ordered online some Jam Roly Poly from Waitrose for afters then more power to them. Why do you need the EU and GDPR to protect you? Have some sense of self responsibility man.

But not just freedom from GDPR, EU copyright DSM directive too...

The EU’s new copyright law is terrible for the internet. It’s a classic EU law to help the rich and powerful, and we should not apply it. It is a good example of how we can take back control

https://twitter.com/BorisJohnson/sta...12485081333760

Modern UK conservatism post Brexit, for the many not the few. No wonder Boris soars ever higher in Westminster voting intention polls, delivering democratically the will of the free UK people...
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

If some bod from google in California can make a few cents out of the fact I ordered online some Jam Roly Poly from Waitrose for afters then more power to them. Why do you need the EU and GDPR to protect you? Have some sense of self responsibility man.

The EU’s new copyright law is terrible for the internet. It’s a classic EU law to help the rich and powerful, and we should not apply it. It is a good example of how we can take back control

https://twitter.com/BorisJohnson/sta...12485081333760

Modern UK conservatism post Brexit, for the many not the few. No wonder Boris soars ever higher in Westminster voting intention polls, delivering democratically the will of the free UK people...
    Did you bother reading that Twitter thread? Boris the lying cunt spouts on about something he almost certainly doesn't know anything about. And if history has taught us anything, probably lies while doing so. And dozens of people that are actually impacted by this law say how it's actually a good thing, and not at all what he was suggesting it was.

Oh, and whose side do you think Boris is likely to be on? The little guys, who he has actively ridiculed when he's not ignoring them his whole life, or the rich and powerful that fund his party?

Once again facts aren't on your side dribbles. But at least you're consistent.

And let's see how Boris and his support holds up once we actually leave the EU. Which we STILL haven't yet. We are already seeing factories shutting up shop and moving the to the EU in constituencies that supported him in the foolish belief he would do something for them. When that happens and Boris stays silent and does nothing (as he is about the floods at the moment) we will see what happens to those poll numbers.

Ticks and tocks still moving along dribbles. The time when your Brexit fantasy falls apart gets ever closer.

- - - Updated - - -

And just to ram home how catastrophically incompetent these people are we see this little gem.

They are trying to work out "clever" ways of getting out of their agreed arrangements for Northern Ireland. Which then runs the risks of not getting trade deals with either the EU or the US as a result.

Machiavellian these people aren't. That's the danger of stupid people thinking they are clever, and consequently thinking their plans will be far too cunning for anyone to spot. It's like Baldrick survived the Great War and bred an entire generation of Tory MPs when he got back to Blighty.
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

10+ Year Old Account
    And just to ram home how catastrophically incompetent these people are we see this little gem.

They are trying to work out "clever" ways of getting out of their agreed arrangements for Northern Ireland. Which then runs the risks of not getting trade deals with either the EU or the US as a result.

Machiavellian these people aren't. That's the danger of stupid people thinking they are clever, and consequently thinking their plans will be far too cunning for anyone to spot. It's like Baldrick survived the Great War and bred an entire generation of Tory MPs when he got back to Blighty.
    Not only that, they can expect sanctions coming their way if they try to weasel their way out of that arrangement. The EU is not going to just sit there and tolerate backsliding. So have fun with that.

Quote Originally Posted by zealo View Post
    Not only that, they can expect sanctions coming their way if they try to weasel their way out of that arrangement. The EU is not going to just sit there and tolerate backsliding. So have fun with that.
    Yeah the EU could tie up UK trade agreements with other nations with complaints to the WTO for years. Not to mention UN resolutions sanctioning trade and assets. WTO members could find themselves unable to trade with the UK. Think what the US did to Iran. What the EU did to Russia. It would cripple the UK economy within weeks.

The WA is now an international treaty. You can't just tear it up and pretend it never happened. Not that I'd expect dribbles et al to understand just how annoying they'll find the WTO can be if life was "impossible" within the EU, but still.
    Last edited by Butler to Baby Sloths; 2020-02-23 at 02:59 PM.

As a content creator that has their content stolen on a daily basis I appreciate the EU's attempt to force Google to respect copyright law.

I don't see how taking Google's side, one of the largest and most powerful corporations on the planet, against small creators, is taking the side of the many. I don't think you really understand this issue at all, and I doubt a boomer like Johnson does either.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    I'm not sure why we should care? We don't care if Chile has a problem with our policies and how we treat them. Or Namibia. Why should we care what the UK thinks? They're full of shit anyway. I don't even care if negotiations break down. I am not dependent on their medicines, food, power, services, international cooperation... we're part of a much bigger network.

Sorry Remainers, but you're on your own from here on. You know where to point fingers.
    You keep saying stuff like this like any one cares what you think. It is like listening to an exceptionally stupid woman go on about the ex-boyfriend she's been dumped by years ago.

No one, absolutely no one, remainer or leave, cares in the slightest what Germans think. Leavers despise you, the Left holds you responsible for a lot of the austerity which help cause Brexit in the first place. Yet you blather on and on here on a daily basis. Maybe you should worry more about the neo-fascists taking over your country.

Quote Originally Posted by Trandwitharas View Post
    As a content creator that has their content stolen on a daily basis I appreciate the EU's attempt to force Google to respect copyright law.

I don't see how taking Google's side, one of the largest and most powerful corporations on the planet, against small creators, is taking the side of the many. I don't think you really understand this issue at all, and I doubt a boomer like Johnson does either.

- - - Updated - - -

You keep saying stuff like this like any one cares what you think. It is like listening to an exceptionally stupid woman go on about the ex-boyfriend she's been dumped by years ago.

No one, absolutely no one, remainer or leave, cares in the slightest what Germans think. Leavers despise you, the Left holds you responsible for a lot of the austerity which help cause Brexit in the first place. Yet you blather on and on here on a daily basis. Maybe you should worry more about the neo-fascists taking over your country.
    You attack Germany because Slant posted here, but that sentiment is shared in France, the Netherlands , and Slovenia from personnal experience.
    We have lamented your decision to leave the EU for years, but we don't give shit a will look to our own interests now.

Quote Originally Posted by Trandwitharas View Post
    Real mature of you, I must say... good luck in your country, I really hope it kinda works out, so I don't have much hope. But whatever, I don't really care either way, because half of your country is stupid and deserves it and if the other half shifts all the blame on us, I have no words for that, other than "grow up".

And our "neo-fascist" problem. We don't have that any more than other countries. Except we know we have it and don't hide it or run from it.
    And btw, 1 of our 16 states had an election today, the AFD went from 6.1% 5years ago to 5.3%. Before you come with "Hamburg is a western state"... they also lost nationwide over the last 1-2 years according to polls.

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Something we could have done literally whenever we wanted....
    It was amazing how many people I saw cheer that we'd start getting new passports. Truly the most pathetic win.
    Stupid people cheering what is essentially a waste of tax payers money that should have gone to helping those who have been fucked over by the flooding. But then again Whitehall has money for that but "Devolved issue go fuck yourselves." to the Welsh areas and "Sorry coffer is empty." to the English areas.

- - - Updated - - -

Actually they are printed in Poland, by a french-dutch company
    Damn those poles taking jobs (and doing a better job in doing so) from British workers.

Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    Stupid people cheering what is essentially a waste of tax payers money that should have gone to helping those who have been fucked over by the flooding. But then again Whitehall has money for that but "Devolved issue go fuck yourselves." to the Welsh areas and "Sorry coffer is empty." to the English areas.
    Uhm, yeah, I'm not sure that you've fully thought through this line of argument. People would still need passports regardless of Brexit and as a result the government would still have needed to find a producer for said passports when the current contract ended. Also the cost to produce a passport is but a fraction of the price a person is charged to renew their passport or apply for a new one.

7+ Year Old Account
    Did you bother reading that Twitter thread? Boris the lying cunt spouts on about something he almost certainly doesn't know anything about. And if history has taught us anything, probably lies while doing so. And dozens of people that are actually impacted by this law say how it's actually a good thing, and not at all what he was suggesting it was.

Oh, and whose side do you think Boris is likely to be on? The little guys, who he has actively ridiculed when he's not ignoring them his whole life, or the rich and powerful that fund his party?

Once again facts aren't on your side dribbles. But at least you're consistent.

And let's see how Boris and his support holds up once we actually leave the EU. Which we STILL haven't yet. We are already seeing factories shutting up shop and moving the to the EU in constituencies that supported him in the foolish belief he would do something for them. When that happens and Boris stays silent and does nothing (as he is about the floods at the moment) we will see what happens to those poll numbers.

Ticks and tocks still moving along dribbles. The time when your Brexit fantasy falls apart gets ever closer.
    Are you tryinng to say the floods are the fault of Boris and Brexit? WTF can he do? I've heard it all now. Next Brexit will be blamed for Coronavirus? Shame the EU endangers its citizens by not suspending Schengen and freedom of movement, how many of my dear eurochums will die because of EU pig headed stupidity allowing unfettered spread of the virus?

Will they ever put their citizens interests first?

It's an open secret that if the EU don't bend the knee for the UK the WA is dead in the water.

A senior source told The Times: “There is deadly serious internal work going on about not obeying the Northern Ireland protocol.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/12...ng-NI-protocol

What are the EU going to do if the UK rips the WA up in favour of a no deal Australian arrangement? Take us to a European court the UK doesn't recognise and has no jurisdiction over the UK? Let me remind you, WE HAVE LEFT.

And silly me kept being told we have no cards to play...

10+ Year Old Account
    You attack Germany because Slant posted here, but that sentiment is shared in France, the Netherlands , and Slovenia from personnal experience.
    We have lamented your decision to leave the EU for years, but we don't give shit a will look to our own interests now.
    You can add in Belgium to the list, torpedoing the economy based on lies and wanting more benefits while already being the nation who had the most exceptions in the EU is not something that is going down well anywhere.

Are you tryinng to say the floods are the fault of Boris and Brexit? WTF can he do? I've heard it all now. Next Brexit will be blamed for Coronavirus? Shame the EU endangers its citizens by not suspending Schengen and freedom of movement, how many of my dear eurochums will die because of EU pig headed stupidity allowing unfettered spread of the virus?

Will they ever put their citizens interests first?

It's an open secret that if the EU don't bend the knee for the UK the WA is dead in the water.

A senior source told The Times: “There is deadly serious internal work going on about not obeying the Northern Ireland protocol.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/12...ng-NI-protocol

What are the EU going to do if the UK rips the WA up in favour of a no deal Australian arrangement? Take us to a European court the UK doesn't recognise and has no jurisdiction over the UK? Let me remind you, WE HAVE LEFT.

And silly me kept being told we have no cards to play...
    What does Schengen or the EU have to do with Coronavirus? Each member state is free to take the measures they want. Romania decided to quarantine people coming from affected italian regions, while slovenia considers that the coronavirus is pretty much a flu and decided that no special measures are required.

So your government is using its new found freedom actively looking for ways to half ass the first international agreement it signed. That will surely scream trustworthiness and good faith to your potential future partners. It's certainly a sure way to stay on WTO terms for quite a while.

15+ Year Old Account
    What are the EU going to do if the UK rips the WA up in favour of a no deal Australian arrangement?
    A what now?
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.