View Poll Results: 10 days left, what'll it be?

Voters
92. This poll is closed
  • Hard Brexit (crash out)

45 48.91%
  • No Brexit (Remain by revoking A50)

24 26.09%
  • Withdrawal Agreement (after a new session is called)

0 0%
  • Extension + Withdrawal Agreement

3 3.26%
  • Extension + Crashout

9 9.78%
  • Extension + Remain

11 11.96%
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shimerra View Post
    So basically you're a racist piece of shit. Not news to any of us.
    I have an allergy to cheese and garlic. That makes me a racist?
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    Obviously. Remember to go to China & let the locals coof on you to prove you're not a racist too!
    Still not tired of winning.

Quote Originally Posted by Demolitia View Post
    Pann is not a brexiteer. He is just doing the fact checking around here and keeping us on our toes.
    You forgot the sarcasm tag.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teleros View Post
    Obviously. Remember to go to China & let the locals coof on you to prove you're not a racist too!
    Ha yeah funny you bring the corona thing up. Remainers see it as salvation for them in that it appears to target older brexit voting pensioners. The sickos see it as a win in that they all, or many, might be killed off, the things some people celebrate.

But, as in so many ways, remainers are wrong yet again. The elderly in the UK hold most of the wealth, property they paid a couple of guineas for 50 years ago now mortgage free and worth half a million. If Edith pops her clogs and her sprogs all inherit 6 figure sums, instantaneously several new brexit voting Tories are created!

In perpetuity remainers are doomed to lose... A broken clock is right more often than they.
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

He's the one making the extraordinary claim, not I.
    Claiming to know exactly how elastic the curves are in this is extraordinary, no matter in which direction. That was kind of my point. Higher Immigration=Lower Wages is not some kind of natural law that always applies unless disproven. It's just an oversimplification that many use since it is simple and direct, as it simplifies complex mechanisms into something the masses can understand. Just like "lower taxes mean higher growth" and other such soundbytes.

7+ Year Old Account
    Ha yeah funny you bring the corona thing up. Remainers see it as salvation for them in that it appears to target older brexit voting pensioners. The sickos see it as a win in that they all, or many, might be killed off, the things some people celebrate.
    Yeah, but we've known they're like that since referendum .

Quote Originally Posted by Kiri View Post
    Claiming to know exactly how elastic the curves are in this is extraordinary, no matter in which direction.
    He literally said there's no demand curve for labour. What's the worst I did, oversimplify things? Quelle horreur.

Yeah, but we've known they're like that since referendum .

He literally said there's no demand curve for labour. What's the worst I did, oversimplify things? Quelle horreur.
    I mean "Every immigrant lowers the wages of existing workers" is just as bad a statement as "Immigrants have zero effect on the wages of existing workers", tbh. Both would need a lot of solid data to even be accepted for consideration. Hence, you both should be citing useful sources at one another instead of just saying things is all I am saying. Because otherwise that conversation is completely useless, since it's basically just "I am right and you are wrong because I say" back and forth.

Then again, that is probably 90% of this forum, so I probably shouldn't say anything.

7+ Year Old Account
    I mean "Every immigrant lowers the wages of existing workers" is just as bad a statement as "Immigrants have zero effect on the wages of existing workers", tbh.
    The former might be bad because it's hyperbole or rhetoric or not nuanced enough, the latter is bad because it's just flat out wrong.

Because otherwise that conversation is completely useless, since it's basically just "I am right and you are wrong because I say" back and forth.

Then again, that is probably 90% of this forum, so I probably shouldn't say anything.
    I'm not saying you don't have a point, but...

I have an allergy to cheese and garlic.
    What about the big noses that you also wanted to reject people for?

Is it the common big-nose-allergy, that also causes you to eat the tenants cheese?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Wonder if he's allergic to those, too.
    Could be. I blame the vaccines.

https://www.businessinsider.de/inter...e-deal-2020-3/

Brexit could cost the UK up to 30 times more than it will gain back from striking a Trump trade deal

15+ Year Old Account
    No, but do tell how someone's nose relates to your food allergies.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    Those are probably just more related to stereotyping. You know, Swiss tenants always eat a lot of cheese, so one just can't have those with an allergy.

The racist thing probably stems from that assumption that everyone from a given country/region eats lots of the same stuff. Idk. It's Dribbles. Making sense is optional, as long as he can be against the EU/Europeans in some fashion.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    The point I was making, my property I choose who lives in it. For whatever reason I think, but perhaps am not able to say thanks to stupid EU rules. Whether that's potential tenants with a bad haircut, tattoos, white socks, or a big nose. I believe nightclubs etc quite openly place the very same thing on all their flyers inviting entry to their property.

R.O.A.R.

No one accuses them of racism, they just perhaps don't want Esmerelda at the party.

Now we have left, the UK will benefit from a bonfire of EU rules.

Those are probably just more related to stereotyping. You know, Swiss tenants always eat a lot of cheese, so one just can't have those with an allergy.

The racist thing probably stems from that assumption that everyone from a given country/region eats lots of the same stuff. Idk. It's Dribbles. Making sense is optional, as long as he can be against the EU/Europeans in some fashion.
    You are confused my dear, anti EU does not equal anti Europeans. That might be considered racist...

15+ Year Old Account
    The point I was making, my property I choose who lives in it. For whatever reason I think, but perhaps am not able to say thanks to stupid EU rules. Whether that's potential tenants with a bad haircut, tattoos, white socks, or a big nose. I believe nightclubs etc quite openly place the very same thing on all their flyers inviting entry to their property.
    So you want to be racist openly not quietly, that's what this is about, got it.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Inuyaki View Post
    Brexit could
    There's one of those magic words again. "Brexit could, maybe, in theory, possibly, based on our model, might, do X."

Oh, and it's all based on GDP figures. Meaning both the "cost" of Brexit and the "benefits" of a UK-USA FTA are nonsense figures.

Ah well. Got to keep those Project Fear types employed somehow I guess.

There's one of those magic words again. "Brexit could, maybe, in theory, possibly, based on our model, might, do X."

Oh, and it's all based on GDP figures. Meaning both the "cost" of Brexit and the "benefits" of a UK-USA FTA are nonsense figures.

There is no doubt that the government's own analysis shows that the benefits to the UK economy from a potential UK/US FTA are minimal and in no-way offsets the potential loss of growth from leaving the EU on the terms of Johnson's deal.

GDP is a poor measure as to how Brexit will impact the everyday man and woman but it is far from a nonsense figure.

Whilst I recognise that for many leavers Brexit was never an economic decision you have to recognise that there is going to an economic cost and that it worries a great many people in the UK. To be quite honest the boat dismissing any negative aspect of Brexit as project fear has long since sailed and you now - more than ever - need to be countering those arguments with facts and/or tangible benefits.

It's been a month now, surely there have to be lots of stories how your lives got better without the EU. Anyone care to link some articles?

What? ...

1) That is the title of that article I posted, that was not anything I wrote...
    2) Those numbers are BOTH from the UK government!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    There is no doubt that the government's own analysis shows that the benefits to the UK economy from a potential UK/US FTA are minimal and in no-way offsets the potential loss of growth from leaving the EU on the terms of Johnson's deal.
    I think there's little doubt that a US-UK FTA won't replace the one we had with the EU by being in the EU, but that should be obvious given the relative market shares of the EU & USA when it comes to the UK's trading partners.

GDP is a poor measure as to how Brexit will impact the everyday man and woman but it is far from a nonsense figure.
    It absolutely is a nonsense figure, given the way it is calculated. For example, the UK imports more than it exports. Want a quick & easy way to bump up the GDP figures? Erect massive tariffs on all imports - or even ban them altogether. Because of the way GDP is calculated, that will increase GDP (C+I+G+X-M vs C+I+G+X-0, basically). The government could double, if not triple, GDP tomorrow by borrowing £2tn from the Bank of England and then giving every family in the UK a share, or by spending it on whatever it wants.

On the other hand, what isn't calculated? Taxes & servicing debt both take money out of the economy, but they are left out - funny, that.

Then there are all the adjustments and such made over time. The USA was in recession in 2001 according to reporting at the time... until the BEA finished adjusting the figures and made the recession disappear. So... was it in recession? Who knows, because the metric we use - GDP - is a retarded one.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/SB100678701961876400

vs

https://www.multpl.com/us-real-gdp-g...ble/by-quarter

Whilst I recognise that for many leavers Brexit was never an economic decision you have to recognise that there is going to an economic cost and that it worries a great many people in the UK.
    Sure, but I'm attacking (a) the routine where people say what "could" happen etc, and (b) the numbers, which are nonsense.

Edit:

1) That is the title of that article I posted, that was not anything I wrote...
    Not attacking you.

2) Those numbers are BOTH from the UK government!
    Yup.