View Poll Results: 10 days left, what'll it be?

Voters
92. This poll is closed
  • Hard Brexit (crash out)

45 48.91%
  • No Brexit (Remain by revoking A50)

24 26.09%
  • Withdrawal Agreement (after a new session is called)

0 0%
  • Extension + Withdrawal Agreement

3 3.26%
  • Extension + Crashout

9 9.78%
  • Extension + Remain

11 11.96%
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    Remember in this forum left is bad, far right is alternate legitamet political views.

Meanwhile more brexit stupidity.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-51783580
    Nah. It's just that calling trolling out is more severe an offense than trolling itself. Which is bullshit. If we were in the far right bonkersville, then I'd imagine Thwart would still be a mod.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    And again, let’s presume equity in schools is achievable. Then why should a parent read to a child?

Remember in this forum left is bad, far right is alternate legitamet political views.

I couldn't find the latest but looking at their 2012-2017 multiannual staff policy plan, of 650 staff members, 50 were from the UK (vs 140 from Germany and about the same from France). That's some serious brain drain and incoming skills for the UK right there ...
    Couldn't find the breakdown by country and grade so all the brits are possibly high shots and it might work out ... Or not.

7+ Year Old Account
    In the five stages of grief, it seems like we have reached the point of acceptance for remainers. Before we left 49/45 for remain, now we have left, 48/45 in favour of leave. People see it was the right decision and brexiteers were right?

13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    In the five stages of grief, it seems like we have reached the point of acceptance for remainers. Before we left 49/45 for remain, now we have left, 48/45 in favour of leave. People see it was the right decision and brexiteers were right?
    For the hundredth time; we haven't left yet. Come back with figures halfway through next year, when the real impact of this fucking ridiculous decision start to manifest. That's assuming that Boris hasn't gone for an extension before that. It wouldn't be the first ditch he's failed to die in.

"See everybody, I totally haven't been injured by throwing myself out of this train, like I said I was about to. All those people who said it would injure me have been proved wrong by this thing I haven't done yet."
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Huehuecoyotl View Post
    For the hundredth time; we haven't left yet. Come back with figures halfway through next year, when the real impact of this fucking ridiculous decision start to manifest. That's assuming that Boris hasn't gone for an extension before that. It wouldn't be the first ditch he's failed to die in.

"See everybody, I totally haven't been injured by throwing myself out of this train, like I said I was about to. All those people who said it would injure me have been proved wrong by this thing I haven't done yet."
    Nah, you'll be scuppered there too. Inb4 Tory government quite validly uses Coronavirus for anything bad in that future timescale. It won't be the fault of brexit do you see? Now we have left there is no way back in for you remainers...
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

Nah, you'll be scuppered there too. Inb4 Tory government quite validly uses Coronavirus for anything bad in that future timescale. It won't be the fault of brexit do you see? Now we have left there is no way back in for you remainers...
    That could work; Brexit supporters are stupid enough to believe that a virus whose impact will be limited to this year would have an ongoing impact into next year. At least you're owning the whole "lie so that people don't realise that Brexit is stupid and damaging" thing though.

Are you giving up on even the possibility that Brexit won't be shit then? This post certainly seems to suggest it. Nice to see some sense starting to penetrate that brain.
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

Oh I am so tired of this "WE will do this alone, and better - with blackjack and hookers!"

If anything I would say that Coronavirus will result in an extension to the transition period.

Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    If anything I would say that Coronavirus will result in an extension to the transition period.
    After all his talk if Boris voluntarily extends the transition he is publicly admitting defeat and he doesn't look like the type to do that.

Plus again, a No Deal Brexit has always been the goal for Boris. Not extending and failing to reach a treaty by the end of 2020 has been the goal since his government failed to push through a strait No Deal in parliament before the elections.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    After all his talk if Boris voluntarily extends the transition he is publicly admitting defeat and he doesn't look like the type to do that.

Plus again, a No Deal Brexit has always been the goal for Boris. Not extending and failing to reach a treaty by the end of 2020 has been the goal since his government failed to push through a strait No Deal in parliament before the elections.
    They might not have a choice. The current timetable is challenging and both sides would welcome an extension, although it would be politically difficult if not impossible for Johnson to agree to one, however if Coronavirus plays out as some are predicting then (hopefully the human cost will be small) it is going to be economically ruinous - perhaps on a par with the global financial crisis - and neither the UK nor the EU have the capacity to deal with the implementation of Brexit whilst dealing with the fallout from Coronavirus

Your second point is once again nonsense.

They might not have a choice. The current timetable is challenging and both sides would welcome an extension, although it would be politically difficult if not impossible for Johnson to agree to one, however if Coronavirus plays out as some are predicting then (hopefully the human cost will be small) it is going to be economically ruinous - perhaps on a par with the global financial crisis - and neither the UK nor the EU have the capacity to deal with the implementation of Brexit whilst dealing with the fallout from Coronavirus

Your second point is once again nonsense.
    The EU absolutely has the capacity to deal with Brexit. But hey, keep making shit up. All we do is flick a switch and the UK is excluded from everything. The mechanics are in place. As always, we are happy to oblige to the idiotic timetable Johnsson suggested.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Huehuecoyotl View Post
    That could work; Brexit supporters are stupid enough to believe that a virus whose impact will be limited to this year would have an ongoing impact into next year. At least you're owning the whole "lie so that people don't realise that Brexit is stupid and damaging" thing though.

Are you giving up on even the possibility that Brexit won't be shit then? This post certainly seems to suggest it. Nice to see some sense starting to penetrate that brain.
    A vaccine is not expected before next year. And as scientists and medical people point out, flus tend to subside over the summer only to return more viciously in fall. Prepare to have a hard wave of corona hit during fall, without a vaccine in sight. Remember, by then the virus had half a year to possibly mutate further. This isn't going to be over soon... not with these infection rates.

Stay clean, guys.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

7+ Year Old Account
    If anything Coronavirus makes the case for bringing the transition end date forward in order to keep UK people safe. The EU and its Schengen arrangements pose a clear and present danger to all European citizens, and even though we are now out, that still includes a threat to the UK. Classing the whole EU as a category 1 area, as we do Iran and Italy, can't come soon enough until they impose effective border controls between their nations. Allowing infected EU people into the UK should be stopped with immediate effect until and unless they provide medical certification that they are corona free.

Free movement to lower needless deaths, as brexiteers have been saying for years, should end now. If only remainers hadn't delayed our EU departure until January of this year...

If anything Coronavirus makes the case for bringing the transition end date forward in order to keep UK people safe.
    Same should apply to you then, full medical certification for UK people entering the EU.
    Not that it would matter for a thickheaded brexiteer like yourself cause you won't set a single foot off of UK soil ever but there are plenty of UK people that still do that everyday.

Honestly stop fishing for any and every excuse to fully close your borders off from anything EU related, it makes you look pathetic and small and a sad individual.
    [Infraction]
    Last edited by Rozz; 2020-03-11 at 08:05 PM. Reason: Minor Flaming

If anything Coronavirus makes the case for bringing the transition end date forward in order to keep UK people safe.
    There is no freedom of movement between China, the USA, Japan, South Korea, Iran and the EU, and that didn't stop it spreading. Stop talking bullshit.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    The EU absolutely has the capacity to deal with Brexit. But hey, keep making shit up. All we do is flick a switch and the UK is excluded from everything. The mechanics are in place. As always, we are happy to oblige to the idiotic timetable Johnsson suggested.
    When did you get hired by the EU Commission ?

Anyway, yeah the EU can handle Brexit, at least in the short term. There'll need to be more money to make up for the budget shortfall and all that, and it'll have lost a major defence partner, but the EU will soldier on.

Long-term though it's an early nail in the coffin, because when Salvini gets back into power he can point to the UK doing well outside the EU*, and you'll probably start to see the dominoes fall pretty quickly at that point.

*Before you raise any objections, I'm talking politics here. If you think the UK will do badly, fine, whatever... all Salvini needs though is the perception that the UK is doing well for his purposes.

Quote Originally Posted by Butler to Baby Sloths View Post
    There is no freedom of movement between China, the USA, Japan, South Korea, Iran and the EU, and that didn't stop it spreading. Stop talking bullshit.
    Whilst it's probably too late, there's still a difference between "no visa requirements" and "visa requirements", and to say the two are the same WRT pandemics is... silly.
    Still not tired of winning.

Quote Originally Posted by Teleros View Post
    When did you get hired by the EU Commission ?

Anyway, yeah the EU can handle Brexit, at least in the short term. There'll need to be more money to make up for the budget shortfall and all that, and it'll have lost a major defence partner, but the EU will soldier on.

Long-term though it's an early nail in the coffin, because when Salvini gets back into power he can point to the UK doing well outside the EU*, and you'll probably start to see the dominoes fall pretty quickly at that point.

*Before you raise any objections, I'm talking politics here. If you think the UK will do badly, fine, whatever... all Salvini needs though is the perception that the UK is doing well for his purposes.

Whilst it's probably too late, there's still a difference between "no visa requirements" and "visa requirements", and to say the two are the same WRT pandemics is... silly.
    I would be careful about betting Salvini managing (or even wanting) to really get out of the EU. While the UK has always felt different and isolated on its islands, Italians are a bit more keenly aware that they have EU and EFTA neighbours. When they see the shit show that is the irish border, I don't think they will be too motivated to look at solutions for their french, swiss, austrian and slovene borders. Not to mention the clusterfuck that will be the adriatic, the Holy See and San Marino.
    Plus Italy isn't really the UK and shit will spiral down fast for them.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FluFF View Post
    Same should apply to you then, full medical certification for UK people entering the EU.
    Not that it would matter for a thickheaded brexiteer like yourself cause you won't set a single foot off of UK soil ever but there are plenty of UK people that still do that everyday.

Honestly stop fishing for any and every excuse to fully close your borders off from anything EU related, it makes you look pathetic and small and a sad individual.
    [Infraction]
    Well done to Trump for suspending all flights from the EU today for a month and keeping Americans safe from the infected.

We in the UK should already have done the same, and would have if not for remainers keeping us in the godforsaken organisation, days ago. Hopefully my Easter trip to Florida and Disney World is still on.

Well done to Trump for suspending all flights from the EU today for a month and keeping Americans safe from the infected.

We in the UK should already have done the same, and would have if not for remainers keeping us in the godforsaken organisation, days ago. Hopefully my Easter trip to Florida and Disney World is still on.
    It is almost like the guy you voted for isn't up to the task, and is a weak, spineless and indecisive.

Right, hate to tell you but America is already very infected. Their healthcare and social security net is just so shit that people don't go in to report it.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

For heaven's sake, this is not a zombie apocalypse.

The virus will continue to spread through North America and there is absolutely nothing Trump or anyone else can do about it. All that this arrogant, unilateral action will achieve is to worsen further the economic cost of the crisis.

We in the UK should already have done the same, and would have if not for remainers keeping us in the godforsaken organisation, days ago.
    I'm not sure what remainers have to do with it on account of the fact that the government are all leavers. Actually, credit to them, they are taking a damn sight more sensible approach than others and giving experts a prominent platform, accepting that the virus will progress through the population and that the goal should be to delay it’s progress rather than give false hope that it can be halted.

Hopefully my Easter trip to Florida and Disney World is still on.
    Even after all these years, there are still times when I'm genuinely not sure if you are a troll or not.