View Poll Results: 10 days left, what'll it be?

Voters
92. This poll is closed
  • Hard Brexit (crash out)

45 48.91%
  • No Brexit (Remain by revoking A50)

24 26.09%
  • Withdrawal Agreement (after a new session is called)

0 0%
  • Extension + Withdrawal Agreement

3 3.26%
  • Extension + Crashout

9 9.78%
  • Extension + Remain

11 11.96%
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    Are you saying I keep insisting that people should be nice to each other to accomplish anything while I am insulting everyone I talk with or are you saying I am a brexiteer at heart?

Either way, both are wrong so what were you trying to say?
    i am saying, if you are going to accuse people of being rude and insulting to people, that perhaps you should first have a good look at yourself.
    Pot, kettle all that.
    Don't be a hypocrite thanks.
    Last edited by sircaw; 2020-03-18 at 06:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Butler to Baby Sloths View Post
    You are aware that without Gina Miller, the UK would have signed up to Theresa May's deal? May would have exercised royal prerogative and ratified the original WA; not even needing Parliament to see the front cover, let alone vote on it. Wasn't that the one all the Nigel Farages, Mark Francoises and Boris Johnsons (and Dribbleses for that matter) declared "not brexit" and "worse than simply remaining"?
    Uhm, that's not true. R (Miller) v Secretary of State for Exiting the European Union successfully challenged the government's authority to invoke A50 arguing that parliament can only take away rights granted by parliament.

The second case she brought against the government - the PM this time - was against Johnson's use of prorogation.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    Brexiteer in everything but name, guess that's a thing?

It is also sad to see that the UK is poor at responding to everything politically, the corona virus is going to hit them hard but they still seem to be rather oblivious to it all, whilst they keep everything open.
    Isn't there like a whole thread on Coronavirus where you can spread your lack of knowledge of what's going on the UK?

- - - Updated - - -

Just to add on the Coronavirus point - all countries - not just the UK or EU members - are doing their best in extremely challenging circumstances.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler to Baby Sloths View Post
    You are aware that without Gina Miller, the UK would have signed up to Theresa May's deal? May would have exercised royal prerogative and ratified the original WA; not even needing Parliament to see the front cover, let alone vote on it. Wasn't that the one all the Nigel Farages, Mark Francoises and Boris Johnsons (and Dribbleses for that matter) declared "not brexit" and "worse than simply remaining"?
    So congratulations on her doing one thing right by accident I guess?

Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    Do you actually pay attention?

Quick questions:
    - how many citizens in the UK?
    - how many hospital beds for intensive care available?
    Lack of ICU resource is a problem compared to many other 1st world countries, yes. However, it is also not related to the severity of the disease itself. Put it this way: if it's just a flu bro, then yeah, lack of ICU beds may result in a few hundred, or maybe even a few thousand, more deaths, mostly of the old or already sick. If it's the plague, then all the ICU beds in the world won't make a damn bit of difference.
    Still not tired of winning.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sircaw View Post
    i am saying, if you are going to accuse people of being rude and insulting to people, that perhaps you should first have a good look at yourself.
    Pot, kettle all that.
    Don't be a hypocrite thanks.
    What do you mean accuse? Are you unable to read? Pann being rude and insulting is a fact. Also, maybe read up on the word hypocrite as you seem to have no understanding of the word.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    So I guess all that's changed in this thread in my absence is that dribbles finally came out of the closet as an open racist.

That's progress I suppose.
    The irony is that he himself is proof, that you do not have to be "of colour" to be an ignorant asshole.

What do you mean accuse? Are you unable to read? Pann being rude and insulting is a fact. Also, maybe read up on the word hypocrite as you seem to have no understanding of the word.
    You really need to have a good look at yourself.

15+ Year Old Account
    You really need to have a good look at yourself.
    Your lack of understanding context is worrisome.
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Your lack of understanding context is worrisome.
    Unfortunately your so self absorbed and pretentious, that you can't see anyone's viewpoint but yours.
    This is my last reply post to you, but i suggest you go back and read some of your replies.

15+ Year Old Account
    Unfortunately your so self absorbed and pretentious, that you can't see anyone's viewpoint but yours.
    This is my last reply post to you, but i suggest you go back and read some of your replies.
    Finally, thanks, have you read up on the word hypocrisy or anything else you've thrown at me and realized you've barked at the wrong tree?

Barnier has tested positive for Coronavirus.

https://twitter.com/MichelBarnier/st...83782643773440

I hope he - and anyone who has it - makes a speedy recovery.

Obviously his absence is a big blow to the whole Brexit negotiations and I wonder how long it will be before they are put on hold.
    Last edited by Pann; 2020-03-19 at 01:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    Barnier has tested positive for Coronavirus.

https://twitter.com/MichelBarnier/st...83782643773440

I hope he - and anyone who has it - makes a speedy recovery.

Obviously his absence is a big blow to the whole Brexit negotiations and I wonder how long it will be before they are put on hold.
    I honestly can't believe that they haven't triggered an extension already with what's going on. The whole of Europe is going to have enough to worry about for the next year or two sorting this mess out and trying to recover from the impact. Neither side needs the additional effort of trying to figure out how Brexit is going to work, let alone the negative impact it will have. There simply won't be the bandwidth for it.

I agree with you that an extension at this point looks inevitable. And sensible. The fact that dribbles will hate it is just a bonus.
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

Quote Originally Posted by Huehuecoyotl View Post
    I honestly can't believe that they haven't triggered an extension already with what's going on. The whole of Europe is going to have enough to worry about for the next year or two sorting this mess out and trying to recover from the impact. Neither side needs the additional effort of trying to figure out how Brexit is going to work, let alone the negative impact it will have. There simply won't be the bandwidth for it.

I agree with you that an extension at this point looks inevitable. And sensible. The fact that dribbles will hate it is just a bonus.
    That made me laugh harder then I should have. But.. where is Dribbles anyway?

Dribbles you okay buddy? Hope your alright!

I think it's simply a case of everyone having their hands full with more important things. With everything, everyone is having to deal at present I don't expect to hear anything about the possibility of an extension until much closer to the June deadline.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fuiking View Post
    That made me laugh harder then I should have. But.. where is Dribbles anyway?

Dribbles you okay buddy? Hope your alright!
    Do you ever post anything that is not a dig at dribbles?

7+ Year Old Account

Well sorry to be the bearer of bad news, for you not me, but...

British Foreign Secretary Dominic Raab has dismissed suggestions that the Brexit transition period will have to be extended because of the coronavirus.

https://www.rte.ie/news/uk/2020/0317...avirus-brexit/

Skype, Line, Facetime etc etc UK negotiators won't let a spot of Covid bother stop them, you would think the EU might have heard of those apps...

If anything this Covid outbreak and the inevitable financial consequences re EU wide bail outs makes ending the transition on time without delay more urgent than ever. If only I had a roll of toilet paper for every excuse remainers come up with for delaying UK progress on anything EU related. Remainers trying to weaponise the Coronavirus is a new low, have some dignity man...
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post

British Foreign Secretary Dominic Raab has dismissed suggestions that the Brexit transition period will have to be extended because of the coronavirus.

Skype, Line, Facetime etc etc UK negotiators won't let a spot of Covid bother stop them, you would think the EU might have heard of those apps...

If anything this Covid outbreak and the inevitable financial consequences re EU wide bail outs makes ending the transition on time without delay more urgent than ever. If only I had a roll of toilet paper for every excuse remainers come up with for delaying UK progress on anything EU related. Remainers trying to weaponise the Coronavirus is a new low, have some dignity man...
    Dominic Raab is a brainless cunt. I wouldn't trust him to tell me the ingredients in a glass of water. Anything he says can be readily dismissed as "probably, in fact almost certainly, wrong".

And this is nothing to do with whether we can continue these negotiations or not. Of course Skype and the like exists. Rather it's a question of whether we should be wasting effort on them when frankly we have far more important things to worry about. I would rather we focus all our efforts on managing the impact of the virus, and ensuring our country and the people in it are damaged as little as possible. You would rather continue to advance Brexit, even if it damages those efforts and is detrimental to the country or people.

But I wouldn't expect pragmatism or common sense to come between you and your mania for Brexit. At least you're consistent.
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

I might be wrong but Raab's comments come across to me as simply sticking to current Gov. policyand at present there are more pressing things to deal with than examining that position.

Looking at the respective positions we're miles apart and I don't think that without a drastic change in either position that the result of the negotiations will be anything other than no deal with that said there is no way either of us can implement what's needed for no-deal whilst dealing with the fallout from Coronavirus - hopefully the disease will be contained by the end of the year - so I fully expect that there to be an extension of six months to a year, possibly more depending on how bad it gets.

No one believes that if the virus reaches Italy levels that Brexit won't be extended. The government will likely be unable to do anything at all unless its progress can be checked.

Society could well be close to breaking down in two months if the virus continues to infect people with exponential growth.

Additionally, you can usually tell when Raab is lying. He has a tell. His lips move.

@dribbles on a slightly unrelated note - the coronavirus crisis is going to put immense strain on every nation and the EU's policy of monetary but not fiscal union may end up be particularly exposed, as a result the EU may emerge from the crisis in a totally different form as to what exists today. It might well result in federalisation plans being accelerated and further integration - which obviously you'd want no part of - but it could also decide that federalisation is not the answer and revert to a looser relationship between members.

If - and this is a big 'if' which I am not saying it will happen - the EU decided to reverse some of it's integrated policies and return to something similar to the EEC what would your thoughts on Brexit be then?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    @dribbles on a slightly unrelated note - the coronavirus crisis is going to put immense strain on every nation and the EU's policy of monetary but not fiscal union may end up be particularly exposed, as a result the EU may emerge from the crisis in a totally different form as to what exists today. It might well result in federalisation plans being accelerated and further integration - which obviously you'd want no part of - but it could also decide that federalisation is not the answer and revert to a looser relationship between members.

If - and this is a big 'if' which I am not saying it will happen - the EU decided to reverse some of it's integrated policies and return to something similar to the EEC what would your thoughts on Brexit be then?
    Agreed after/if a medical solution is found the top priority will be preservation of UK finances. A transition extension could quite possibly have expensive implications and costs for all UK taxpayers, I cannot believe a Tory government will see £billions more of hard earned funnelled towards rebuilding an EU who aided unfettered spread of Covid by not suspending schengen at a far earlier stage.

If the EU reverted back to a looser more trade related arrangement, I'd support another UK referendum on it. I did read somewhere that Merkels replacement could be a German version of Boris Johnson, so you never know.

So yeah that would be lovely, but I mean we are dreaming right?
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

Agreed after/if a medical solution is found the top priority will be preservation of UK finances. A transition extension could quite possibly have expensive implications and costs for all UK taxpayers, I cannot believe a Tory government will see £billions more of hard earned funnelled towards rebuilding an EU who aided unfettered spread of Covid by not suspending schengen at a far earlier stage.

If the EU reverted back to a looser more trade related arrangement, I'd support another UK referendum on it. I did read somewhere that Merkels replacement could be a German version of Boris Johnson, so you never know.

So yeah that would be lovely, but I mean we are dreaming right?
    Normal fiscal and economic policy is out of the window at present and the cost of extending the transition period - which would most likely be political rather than financial - is a drop in ocean compared the stimulus has been announced so far.

Even if it is from a purely selfish point of view once this is all said and done we might end up bailing out an EU nation or two. But you never know they might be the ones keeping us afloat.

Anyway that's interesting that you would support a vote on rejoining a looser style EU. If you don't mind me asking - if the the EU did decide to go in this direction and we were offered a referendum - how would you vote?