View Poll Results: 10 days left, what'll it be?

Voters
92. This poll is closed
  • Hard Brexit (crash out)

45 48.91%
  • No Brexit (Remain by revoking A50)

24 26.09%
  • Withdrawal Agreement (after a new session is called)

0 0%
  • Extension + Withdrawal Agreement

3 3.26%
  • Extension + Crashout

9 9.78%
  • Extension + Remain

11 11.96%
    I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Huehuecoyotl View Post
    You can't just look at the number per million.
    Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    That website is pretty crappy and indicative at best
    I notice how you both chose not to argue against using absolute numbers for absolute nonsense...

I will agree that number tested do play in but what you both support is worse and more useless, what i randomly linked was an improvement

Edit: Also the argument i argued with also did not factor in tested and you also did not have issue with that

Quote Originally Posted by Xarkan View Post
    The whole absolute numbers thing is silly
    I think it's more that Dribbles is being ridiculous. I do, more frequently, think that the poster is an ubertroll and we take him/her too seriously.

The whole absolute numbers thing is silly

If you want to say who has the most cases at a given moment it must be per million citizens or similar

Otherwise San Marino could be completely annihilated, everyone dead, and you would say "Well it was not as bad as the US"

San Marino has not been completely annihilated as far as i know, it was just an example

So if we go by that we can go to

And see that.. strangely.. San Marino tops the list at 6130 cases per million citizens where the US is at 239.. Granted the UK is lower than the US (but seems at a glance most European countries are not)
    You can argue about methodology. The point was that the US will not be open for business at Easter by any sane metric as Dribbles stated. That's just fucking stupid. There is no possible way that could happen.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by LeGin Tufnel View Post
    I think it's more that Dribbles is being ridiculous. I do, more frequently, think that the poster is an ubertroll and we take him/her too seriously.
    I've never really been in the "dribbles is a troll" camp but it is difficult to take his "us will be open for easter" comment as anything but trolling. Normally his comments are fairly typical of Brexiteers, weird and often inaccurate but you don't really think they don't believe it. However it is impossible to see the nightmare engulfing the US and think everything's fine there. I don't think even Farage et al are pretending that is going well.

Quote Originally Posted by LeGin Tufnel View Post
    I've said from day 1 that it's a persona account, more than likely operated by the person behind the Orlong account which was a role play of a Republican that was shockingly similar to dribbles in giving American liberals the absolute perfect wind mill to tilt at.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by tarjwarp View Post

I've never really been in the "dribbles is a troll"
    TBF I have a great appreciation for the dribbles account, its performance art that harkens back to when trolling wasn't just trying to "trigger da libs" but a long con about trying to get other posters invested in an unbelievable fantasy and seeing how far you could push the envelope before they caught on.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarkan View Post
    I notice how you both chose not to argue against using absolute numbers for absolute nonsense...

I will agree that number tested do play in but what you both support is worse and more useless, what i randomly linked was an improvement

Edit: Also the argument i argued with also did not factor in tested and you also did not have issue with that
    We don't know absolute numbers though do we. Some reports say in the UK

Coronavirus could have ‘already infected HALF the population – and it’s been spreading since January’

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/112493...ading-january/

If true that would make the death rate insignificant and might suggest herd immunity is well established, back to normality by Easter under such circumstances is not impossible...

Anyhow now that Boris has succumbed to Corona could it be that arch brexiteer Raab will soon be PM? As we work down the list eventually we get to Rees-Mogg, Mark Francois, Andrew Bridgen, Redwood even Farage must come in to play as potential PM at some point.

Every Covid cloud has a silver lining eurochums...
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

Quote Originally Posted by Kronik85 View Post

TBF I have a great appreciation for the dribbles account, its performance art that harkens back to when trolling wasn't just trying to "trigger da libs" but a long con about trying to get other posters invested in an unbelievable fantasy and seeing how far you could push the envelope before they caught on.
    Perhaps. Not really sure what you would get out of that. It might be mildly entertaining for a while but wouldn't it get a bit old after a few weeks, let alone a few years?

At some point you are no longer pretending to be a dick, you just are one.

Perhaps. Not really sure what you would get out of that. It might be mildly entertaining for a while but wouldn't it get a bit old after a few weeks, let alone a few years?

Quote Originally Posted by tarjwarp View Post

It's about engagement rather than being a dick. The Orlong account was active for years.

Trade talks are set to continue via video link with the UK still adamant that there will be no extension at the end of the transition period.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-52067559

Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    Trade talks are set to continue via video link with the UK still adamant that there will be no extension at the end of the transition period.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-52067559
    There is taking a negotiating position, and there is being fucking stupid. Don't need two guesses to see which one this is. And it will just make us look even more stupid when we actually do accept that there is no choice but to extend. There will be too many broken things to fix on both sides, without adding the fallout of dropping out of Europe in an uncontrolled way.
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

There is taking a negotiating position, and there is being fucking stupid. Don't need two guesses to see which one this is. And it will just make us look even more stupid when we actually do accept that there is no choice but to extend. There will be too many broken things to fix on both sides, without adding the fallout of dropping out of Europe in an uncontrolled way.
    Hate to say it yet again but stubbornly keeping to the deadline in the face of a global pandemic completely fits if Boris was aiming for a no-deal in December.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

10+ Year Old Account
    There is a choice other than to extend.. It's to default to WTO rules. Which will devastate the UK because like half of your imports come from the EU and half your exports go there, which they suddenly can't.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't be so sure about that they'll actually extend it.

The economic effects of this ongoing pandemic offers a splendid opportunity to have something to also blame the additional damage from defaulting to WTO on.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zealo View Post
    I wouldn't be so sure about that they'll actually extend it.

The economic effects of this ongoing pandemic offers a splendid opportunity to have something to also blame the additional damage from defaulting to WTO on.
    I thought the current plan was to make it impossible to reach an agreement with the EU so that if it turns out there are no unicorns farting rainbows leading to pots of gold the EU could be blamed..

In that scenario they do not need to blame covid-19 and Boris wouldnt have to make new speeches written in this millenium

I seriously doubt BoJo actually has that much of a plan. He looks more like the lazy guy who found that supporting Brexit gave him the center stage spot he wanted and going tough on Brexit gave him the keys to No. 10. So he just does whatever keeps the narrative going without much concern for the long term, because he still thinks the world owes him a special spot (see the Eton letter to his dad).

Quote Originally Posted by Temp name View Post
    There is a choice other than to extend.. It's to default to WTO rules. Which will devastate the UK because like half of your imports come from the EU and half your exports go there, which they suddenly can't.
    The whole point of the WTO is to enable trade between nations that do not have trade agreements - trade will not stop between the UK and EU if a deal is not reached.

10+ Year Old Account
    The whole point of the WTO is to enable trade between nations that do not have trade agreements - trade will not stop between the UK and EU if a deal is not reached.
    But it will be immensely harder and more expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by Temp name View Post
    But it will be immensely harder and more expensive.
    There will without doubt be additional friction with UK/EU trade however it will be a far cry from "devastating".

15+ Year Old Account
    There will without doubt be additional friction with UK/EU trade however it will be a far cry from "devastating".
    So you think it will not cause great damage? And you base that off of what information?
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

WTO standards place tariffs on a lot of goods, these tariffs will render a lot of goods that are normally exported to the EU non-competitive.
    Either companies have to increase prices when selling to the EU, risking other companies in the EU undercutting them, selling for less profit or even at a loss, which is obviously not sustainable.

Same with goods coming into the UK, which is why the UK government is considering slashing a bunch of their WTO tariffs in the event of a no-deal Brexit. However you can't favour nations under WTO rules so those categories would have their tariffs reduced (or removed entirely) for everyone. So now your opening your markets up for cheap products from low wage countries to come in and undermine the domestic market aswell.

It goes well behind just 'additional friction'.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death