View Poll Results: 10 days left, what'll it be?

Voters
92. This poll is closed
  • Hard Brexit (crash out)

45 48.91%
  • No Brexit (Remain by revoking A50)

24 26.09%
  • Withdrawal Agreement (after a new session is called)

0 0%
  • Extension + Withdrawal Agreement

3 3.26%
  • Extension + Crashout

9 9.78%
  • Extension + Remain

11 11.96%
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Huehuecoyotl View Post
    That would be a great way to launch trade discussions with countries around the world; reneging on previous signed agreements and trying to get out of paying what you owe. Can you not imagine that causing a problem or two moving forward?

I'm once again reminded of Dr Frasier Crane, as he sat next to Cliff who was explaining how he was descended from the Tzar of Russia: "Hello in there Cliff. So tell me, what colour is the sky in your world?"
    The UK has always shown the greatest respect to all countries around the world. So no, the UK not recognising the EU as a country and treating them with the same privileges as one shouldn't cause any problems, it isn't one. I would go further, and as our recent success with the French quarantine bilateral agreement last weekend shows, the UK should just refuse to recognise the EU as a legitimate organisation at all. We have a list of proscribed organisations it could fit quite easily in however...

As for reneging on previous agreements sovereign nations make and break agreements all the time. It is quite normal and sort of the definition of sovereignty, the reason the people, by massive majority, voted for brexit again and again in the first place.
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    The UK has always shown the greatest respect to all countries around the world. So no, the UK not recognising the EU as a country and treating them with the same privileges as one shouldn't cause any problems, it isn't one. I would go further, and as our recent success with the French quarantine bilateral agreement last weekend shows, the UK should just refuse to recognise the EU as a legitimate organisation at all. We have a list of proscribed organisations it could fit quite easily in however...

As for reneging on previous agreements sovereign nations make and break agreements all the time. It is quite normal and sort of the definition of sovereignty, the reason the people, by massive majority, voted for brexit again and again in the first place.
    "Massive majority". Just fucking lol. The one time the vote was actually about Brexit, you got barely more than a quarter of the country to vote for it. There haven't been votes "again and again" after that point that were purely about Brexit.

Making things up in your own mind doesn't make them real dribbles. How many times do we have to teach you this?

We'll add trade deals to the long list of things you said would be great after Brexit. And one more thing that we can throw back in your face when they really aren't.
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account

Except, in these deals "the EU" is just shorthand for "these 27 nations that would be annoying to list when we have this handy shorthand".
    In the documents I'm fairly sure that the specific nations are listed.
    - Lars

Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    Honestly, the UK has bigger undemocratic aspects running the country than the HoL, the entire civil service springs to mind.
    House of Commons is bad enough for being undemocratic. The majority of voters wanted a left-leaning government which would negotiate carefully and consider a second referendum. Instead we got these ridiculous clowns selling out the country for 30 pieces of silver.

- - - Updated - - -

The majority of people voted for parties that promised to scrap Brexit or renegotiate and hold a second referendum. Hard Brexit supporters are a minority which the UK's undemocratic election system happens to favour.

Taking back control!!!!!! (Except for Northern Ireland).

Government finally admit what we've all known for ages but they've insisted on lying about; their "victory" over the EU involved them conceding a border in the Irish Sea. Taking back control of the UK involved giving up part of it. What a victory, what marvellous negotiators we have. All praise Boris!

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...ernment-admits

Over to you dribbles. Talk me through how this is actually great/fake news for Brexit.
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

7+ Year Old Account
    Taking back control!!!!!! (Except for Northern Ireland).

Government finally admit what we've all known for ages but they've insisted on lying about; their "victory" over the EU involved them conceding a border in the Irish Sea. Taking back control of the UK involved giving up part of it. What a victory, what marvellous negotiators we have. All praise Boris!

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...ernment-admits

Over to you dribbles. Talk me through how this is actually great/fake news for Brexit.
    Fake news says it's just a junior minister talking out of turn as our Boris himself confirmed 2 days ago at the corona press briefing there will be no checks between the UK and Ireland...

The Prime Minister took public questions, including one from 'John' in Londonderry.

The PM said: "There'll be no checks, nothing is intended between Ireland
    and Northern Ireland and similarly you wouldn't expect anything between GB and Northern Ireland.

https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/n...-39198527.html

You were saying?
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

Fake news says it's just a junior minister talking out of turn as our Boris himself confirmed 2 days ago at the corona press briefing there will be no checks between the UK and Ireland...

The Prime Minister took public questions, including one from 'John' in Londonderry.

and Northern Ireland and similarly you wouldn't expect anything between GB and Northern Ireland.

You were saying?
    And Boris has never lied and deceived the public before. lol

There will be checks or Boris will be in breach of the Withdrawal agreement, the EU will be forced to throw up a hard border in Ireland while filling the airwaves with the message that its Boris's fault and the NRA will look to dust off their home made bomb plans.

I'm sure Boris wants to go down in history as the PM that restarted the 'troubles'.

Or more likely parliament will force him to implement the border in the Irish sea because they want to avoid that pile of shit.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post

There will be checks or Boris will be in breach of the Withdrawal agreement, the EU will be forced to throw up a hard border in Ireland while filling the airwaves with the message that its Boris's fault and the NRA will look to dust off their home made bomb plans.

I'm sure Boris wants to go down in history as the PM that restarted the 'troubles'.

Or more likely parliament will force him to implement the border in the Irish sea because they want to avoid that pile of shit.
    I look forward to welcoming our Irish and Scottish brothers back in the EU during my life time. We all know that's going to happen eventually anyway as the UK continues to crumble Simply look at the common wealth, the more they distance themselves from the UK the better they seem to faire.

You were saying?
    This would be the same Boris that lied in PMQs yesterday? That is the person you are basing your beliefs on?

I see you went for the "fake news" option. You are getting laughably predictable these days dribbles. But regardless of how hard you wish, and how many unicorns you sacrifice on the Brexit altar, this is going to happen. The brilliant deal that Boris got involved selling out a big chunk of the country he leads. I dread to think what he'll give up to get the next stage done. That's probably why he's trying to get No Deal, he's terrified that if he goes back and tries to actually negotiate with the EU, he'll end up losing Wales, Scotland and a big chunk of the West Country as a result.

Boris slowly and steadily becoming PM of a smaller and smaller portion of the country, as his lack of intelligence and aversion to work results in defeat after defeat in negotiations. It's very easy to picture. Taking back control? More like giving up control.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post

Obviously with the Covid-19 pandemic and strengthening of borders, not the fault of brexit as even the EU have shut down schengen, things now are apt to change a little and it is difficult to predict the future so let's talk hypothetically and enter the unicorn lands of the remainers...

In my opinion the Irish/UK sea border is not a bad idea as it tasks the UK unilaterally with taking control over the EU border, albeit remotely, and funds. The UK collects tax/tariff money that may rightfully be owed to the EU and decides whether or not to pass it on dependant upon the EU behaving themselves. At the first sign of any EU mischief or impropriety or not doing as the UK commands it will be a fine bargaining stick for the UK to use in withholding those funds until they act properly again. We all know how precarious the EU financial situation is at the minute.

I suppose it does show how the EU regards the UK as trustworthy, does it have a choice?, to collect their dosh and hold onto it for a bit. If I were the EU not sure I would give up that power in favour of Britain though, how is it not anything other than a win for the UK?

Anyhow it is unlikely to happen until and unless the people of NI agree, they don't, Boris doesn't, nah it's not happening.

Oh and Boris forced to do anything by parliament is unlikely, have you seen his majority?

This would be the same Boris that lied in PMQs yesterday? That is the person you are basing your beliefs on?

I see you went for the "fake news" option. You are getting laughably predictable these days dribbles. But regardless of how hard you wish, and how many unicorns you sacrifice on the Brexit altar, this is going to happen. The brilliant deal that Boris got involved selling out a big chunk of the country he leads. I dread to think what he'll give up to get the next stage done. That's probably why he's trying to get No Deal, he's terrified that if he goes back and tries to actually negotiate with the EU, he'll end up losing Wales, Scotland and a big chunk of the West Country as a result.

Boris slowly and steadily becoming PM of a smaller and smaller portion of the country, as his lack of intelligence and aversion to work results in defeat after defeat in negotiations. It's very easy to picture. Taking back control? More like giving up control.
    See answer above, it is fake news or it's a win for the UK. If the EU want to cede power of their tax collections to a third country, we will say tyvm for the money, keep a %, then pass a small bit on to the EU.
    Last edited by dribbles; 2020-05-14 at 09:21 AM.

You were saying?
    There was an interesting article about the NI/GB customs arrangements on The UK in a Changing Europe site: https://ukandeu.ac.uk/genuine-ni-gb-...toms-controls/

If this system was to be implemented then the UK would be able to fulfil its WA obligations whilst at the same time avoiding the majority of checks on intra-UK transactions.

15+ Year Old Account
    Anyhow it is unlikely to happen until and unless the people of NI agree, they don't, Boris doesn't, nah it's not happening.

Oh and Boris forced to do anything by parliament is unlikely, have you seen his majority?
    Those are the same people of NI that want an EU office in Belfast?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    There was an interesting article about the NI/GB customs arrangements on The UK in a Changing Europe site: https://ukandeu.ac.uk/genuine-ni-gb-...toms-controls/

If this system was to be implemented then the UK would be able to fulfil its WA obligations whilst at the same time avoiding the majority of checks on intra-UK transactions.
    With EU oversight.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Unsurprisingly the latest round of negotiations have ended without any progress to show. Barnier is blaming the UK whilst Frost states the UK cannot accept EU's level playing field or fishing rights proposals.

7+ Year Old Account
    Unsurprisingly the latest round of negotiations have ended without any progress to show. Barnier is blaming the UK whilst Frost states the UK cannot accept EU's level playing field or fishing rights proposals.
    Thank heavens we left back in January, if only the EU accepted we are an independent sovereign nation now. Total waste of time trying to negotiate with these people at the minute. Time to walk away from any talks.

Thank heavens we left back in January, if only the EU accepted we are an independent sovereign nation now. Total waste of time trying to negotiate with these people at the minute. Time to walk away from any talks.
    I see the deal you were crowing about between the UK and France has fallen apart already.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-52682411

So what are you going to go for to spin this one then dribbles? How is this yet another win for the mighty UK and the Brexit heroes running it?

Looks to me like the EU made it clear that this kind of single nation agreement can't be allowed with a country that has "left" the EU.

Oh it has accepted that you are a sovereign nation. Now accept that a third country will not have full access to the single market without hefty compromises.

7+ Year Old Account
    I see the deal you were crowing about between the UK and France has fallen apart already.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-52682411

So what are you going to go for to spin this one then dribbles? How is this yet another win for the mighty UK and the Brexit heroes running it?

Looks to me like the EU made it clear that this kind of single nation agreement can't be allowed with a country that has "left" the EU.
    Excellent example of how the EU has taken away benefits and rights the UK were willing to grant French EU citizens. Another 1% towards a yes vote in France for Frexit as a result? Keep chipping away at the EU, highlighting every instance of how it punishes the little people who support it I say. Got to feel sorry for the 1/4 million French people who live in London making it difficult for them to pop home to see friends and relatives wouldn't you say?

shocking the EU cares about negotiating fishing rights and quota's with a bordering country lying in the biggest pool of EU bordering water...

Its almost like its one big shared fishing ground...

- - - Updated - - -

Excellent example of how the EU has taken away benefits and rights the UK were willing to grant French EU citizens. Another 1% towards a yes vote in France for Frexit as a result? Keep chipping away at the EU, highlighting every instance of how it punishes the little people who support it I say. Got to feel sorry for the 1/4 million French people who live in London making it difficult for them to pop home to see friends and relatives wouldn't you say?
    Your aware the BBC article makes no mention of the French pulling out of this but of the UK prime minister spokesman saying that France is not except.

Looks like the UK backtracking more then the EU.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by Demolitia View Post
    Oh it has accepted that you are a sovereign nation. Now accept that a third country will not have full access to the single market without hefty compromises.
    The UK wants a standard FTA, along the lines of those offered to other third nations, and not asking for full access to the single market.

The UK wants a standard FTA, along the lines of those offered to other third nations, and not asking for full access to the single market.
    A standard FTA is not a thing. Not all FTAs are equal.

- - - Updated - - -

About as bad as the 1/4 million brits who retired in eu? Let alone the ones working.?