View Poll Results: 10 days left, what'll it be?

Voters
92. This poll is closed
  • Hard Brexit (crash out)

45 48.91%
  • No Brexit (Remain by revoking A50)

24 26.09%
  • Withdrawal Agreement (after a new session is called)

0 0%
  • Extension + Withdrawal Agreement

3 3.26%
  • Extension + Crashout

9 9.78%
  • Extension + Remain

11 11.96%
    Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    Not sure if this got posted yet but it looks like plans for a brand new network of BS (that's British satellites) to 'rival Galileo' just got scrapped.

With some further reports indicating that parts of the government are pushing for post-Brexit participation in the EU's Galileo program as an alternative.

Lol.
    Hey, I remember this being talked about I think... couple of years ago? First thought was - really? You have money to burn on that, alone?
    But yeah, it is incredibly dumb to make separate networks, there is no reason for that except national bragging rights,

P.S.
    WTF is going on with the page count? That bug is annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by Easo View Post
    Hey, I remember this being talked about I think... couple of years ago? First thought was - really? You have money to burn on that, alone?
    But yeah, it is incredibly dumb to make separate networks, there is no reason for that except national bragging rights,

P.S.
    deleted posts interact badly with MMO-C archaic codebase which leads to non-existent pages.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account

P.S.
    Sometimes there can be reasons

Unless one trusts the US GPS to not drop resolution based on national military concerns without regard for their allies.. but that trust would be ill placed

Quote Originally Posted by Xarkan View Post
    Sometimes there can be reasons

Unless one trusts the US GPS to not drop resolution based on national military concerns without regard for their allies.. but that trust would be ill placed
    What, you don't have implicit trust in a Russian puppeteered semi-democracy that protects human rights and liberties in lip service only (but a lot of that!) and has betrayed its closest allies in the past four years while sabotaging the global world order? SHOCKER!
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Why can't I go to the last pages in this thread? oO

Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    deleted posts lead to the pagecount being wrong.
    its a known problem. it will fix itself as soon as enough new posts are being made.

EDIT: aaand its fixed (at least for me)

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    What are you talking about? You are on the last page of this thread.

heheheh
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

P.S.
    IIRC it's mainly so that European militaries and emergency services aren't dependent on the USA for accurate geolocation services (they might decide to turn them off for Russia and Trump accidentally-on-purpose makes the reduced accuracy area a bit larger).

Quote Originally Posted by Butler to Baby Sloths View Post
    IIRC it's mainly so that European militaries and emergency services aren't dependent on the USA for accurate geolocation services (they might decide to turn them off for Russia and Trump accidentally-on-purpose makes the reduced accuracy area a bit larger).
    Brings back memories:

The joke used to be that if accuracy was INCREASED it meant that the US was about to attack, based on what happened in Iraq.

when i saw the nutjobs saying the navy should be stopping migrants cross the channel i was worried. Given how badly beaten the british army was in afganistan, i mean completely fucking owned, i was worried that 3 afghans in a lifeboat would probably not only beat the navy but establish a beachhead in kent. Now it looks likes the british will cede kent on thier own.

good to see gibraltar will treat the uk like a third country as well.

Quote Originally Posted by jonnysensible View Post
    when i saw the nutjobs saying the navy should be stopping migrants cross the channel i was worried. Given how badly beaten the british army was in afganistan, i mean completely fucking owned, i was worried that 3 afghans in a lifeboat would probably not only beat the navy but establish a beachhead in kent. Now it looks likes the british will cede kent on thier own.

good to see gibraltar will treat the uk like a third country as well.
    Does the Navy actually have any ships that are currently sea-worthy? Aren't they all being repaired or scrapped?

Quote Originally Posted by Butler to Baby Sloths View Post
    Does the Navy actually have any ships that are currently sea-worthy? Aren't they all being repaired or scrapped?
    I mean, dude, open Wikipedia. Seriously.
    Here is a carrier strike group with one of their new carriers. Countries which have that can be counted on one hand.
    https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...estlant_19.jpg

Congratulations towns of Harwich, Felixstowe and other port towns in Essex, Suffolk and East Sussex. The influx of Lorries trying to save a few £££s on not getting the permit will be flooding your unprepared infrastructure.

So... because the new UK/EU border is creating such a massive traffic jam, they are now issuing permits to enter Kent so the traffic jam is only created by authorized traffic jammers?

Is that the gist of it?

- - - Updated - - -

I mean, dude, open Wikipedia. Seriously.
    Here is a carrier strike group with one of their new carriers. Countries which have that can be counted on one hand.
    https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...estlant_19.jpg
    I mean, it should be obvious that he was making a joke. But since you're so insistent about that, the QE only got "operational" like two months ago. I wouldn't brag too much about it, yet. It's first operational deployment is planned for 2021, so right now it's "operational" in/near its home port.

- - - Updated - - -

In other news:

https://www.theneweuropean.co.uk/bre...f-brexit-93824

JP Morgan Chase & Co are planning to move up to €200 billion (£184 billion) in assets from the UK to Germany due to Brexit.
    The exodus is picking up pace...
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    So... because the new UK/EU border is creating such a massive traffic jam, they are now issuing permits to enter Kent so the traffic jam is only created by authorized traffic jammers?

Is that the gist of it?
    What they've announced essentially boils down to border controls on HGVs between Kent and the rest of England.

How that looks doesn't really need to explained in the aftermath of their vote concerning the WA just days ago.

Jesus. Fucking. Wept.

An internal border between Kent and the rest of the UK.

#TakingBackControl

I'm trying desperately not to get so wound up by this stuff anymore but... bloody hell. It's enough to make one gouge one's eyes out.
    @dribbles - put a positive spin on this for me, please.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LeGin Tufnel View Post
    Jesus. Fucking. Wept.

An internal border between Kent and the rest of the UK.

#TakingBackControl

I'm trying desperately not to get so wound up by this stuff anymore but... bloody hell. It's enough to make one gouge one's eyes out.
    @dribbles - put a positive spin on this for me, please.
    Tfw you separate so hard from the EU you end up giving it Northern Ireland and Kent in the process.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by zealo View Post
    What they've announced essentially boils down to border controls on HGVs between Kent and the rest of England.

How that looks doesn't really need to explained in the aftermath of their vote concerning the WA just days ago.
    But what is the purpose of this? Nobody asked for that. It has nothing to do with the negotiations or the EU. I am genuinely puzzled as to what he thinks he can accomplish with that.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    But what is the purpose of this? Nobody asked for that. It has nothing to do with the negotiations or the EU. I am genuinely puzzled as to what he thinks he can accomplish with that.
    Boris Johnson could probably convince those that were gullible enough to believe his lies that the eu mandated hairnets for fishermen to believe the eu demanded it