View Poll Results: 10 days left, what'll it be?

Voters
92. This poll is closed
  • Hard Brexit (crash out)

45 48.91%
  • No Brexit (Remain by revoking A50)

24 26.09%
  • Withdrawal Agreement (after a new session is called)

0 0%
  • Extension + Withdrawal Agreement

3 3.26%
  • Extension + Crashout

9 9.78%
  • Extension + Remain

11 11.96%
    If I had a bottle of wine, expensive one, or champagne, for special occasions... I would take it out and sip it when the Brexiteers find out they were wrong and are qqing about it.

Quote Originally Posted by ranzino View Post
    how long until this charade implodes ?
    Probably never. The British have accepted they are weird a long time ago. They will just about accept anything as the new "normal" and move on. Ultimately, it doesn't matter to them how they're fucked. In their heads, they're fucked either way, by anything really. Bankers, Politicians, immigrants and if it's not that, it'll be the Scots or UEFA. If there is two things the British have mastered it's a) not taking responsibility for anything and b) accepting any bad outcome as "the British Way" and convincing themselves that's how it's supposed to be and always has been.

Watch it, you'll be surprised at how quickly they'll adopt to being poorer than they are now. The plucky British workforce gets more prideful about their hardships the lower you go. If Thatcher couldn't break them, I doubt this will.

And it's time we stop pitying them for it. They chose their fate, they have to deal with the Remainers left in that country and ultimately, it's not our concern anymore. Fuck Brexiteers.

Once this is over, we can start treating the UK like a third country and stop making decisions to help them.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Quote Originally Posted by ranzino View Post
    how long until this charade implodes ?
    It won't. The leavers are all in, any failure is the failure of someone else. Dribbles shows that.
    These people are not suddenly going to go 'I was wrong'.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    If this is a mess come January 1st you know who will take the blame? It won't be Covid but extreme remainers like you.

If your lot hadn't tried to subvert democracy and accepted the Brexit referendum result instead of trying to overturn it things could have been so so different. But oh no, pushing for a second fixed referendum with three options to split the leave vote, remember that?, among many many other examples are what drove the people and Boris to this point, no chance of a moderate exit and towards a glorious no deal.

Luckily for me, albeit unknowingly you worked for me and what I and millions wanted all along. We are on the same side, it is as much down to you as I that compromise with the EU failed, so thank you.

The difference between us is if it all goes tits up you will be the fall guys, not freedom loving brexiteers like me. If only you had listened...
    Wow. A very intense post.

Basically you are saying that things in the UK really ARE going to get very very bad, and they will get so bad that it is already time to start figuring out ways to blame the other side.

I figured that things were not so good in the UK right now. I did not realize they were THAT bad and trending down

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    It won't. The leavers are all in, any failure is the failure of someone else. Dribbles shows that.
    These people are not suddenly going to go 'I was wrong'.
    It IS remainers fault we are at no deal. They had the chance to accept Theresa May's Brexit in name only deal, remember BINO anyone?, it wasn't enough for them.

They gambled the house on reversing the democratic brexit referendum and remaining in the EU. They failed and blew it, no deal is all on them.

And people like me can't thank them enough.
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    Probably never. The British have accepted they are weird a long time ago. They will just about accept anything as the new "normal" and move on. Ultimately, it doesn't matter to them how they're fucked. In their heads, they're fucked either way, by anything really. Bankers, Politicians, immigrants and if it's not that, it'll be the Scots or UEFA. If there is two things the British have mastered it's a) not taking responsibility for anything and b) accepting any bad outcome as "the British Way" and convincing themselves that's how it's supposed to be and always has been.

Watch it, you'll be surprised at how quickly they'll adopt to being poorer than they are now. The plucky British workforce gets more prideful about their hardships the lower you go. If Thatcher couldn't break them, I doubt this will.

And it's time we stop pitying them for it. They chose their fate, they have to deal with the Remainers left in that country and ultimately, it's not our concern anymore. Fuck Brexiteers.

Once this is over, we can start treating the UK like a third country and stop making decisions to help them.
    Well, the English (far more than the other brits) have the past three hundred years had one solid foreign policy goal. "Make sure Europe stays divided!"

Post WW2 that has failed, hard.
    So it's not surprising they are flailing and don't know what to do with themselves.
    - Lars

Not the case at all. The UK is clearly saying to the EU "We are done here". And then as Merkel orders the French to capitulate and give up on their claim to British fish:- The EU panic as Macron turns desperate with plea to UK - 'You need us!

https://www.express.co.uk/news/polit...nson-latest-vn

Nope we don't need them, see ya. The EU should now also just walk away this continual begging is weak, embarrassing, desperate and pathetic.
    Is that what you got from what Macron said? Are you high or something? There was no panic, he was not desperate not did he plea whatsoever.

The UK will loose more from a hard brexit, that fact is non negotiable. That was his message.

I feel sorry for the intelligent brits that see what a shitshow a no deal brexit, and even a brexit will be. But I have to admit, that watching the not-so smart brits like you, realise that the UK is going down the hole of irrevelance, is going to be enjoyable.

Next up, will you be ignored by Biden or will Trump turn you into the 51st state?
    Last edited by Crispin; 2020-10-17 at 04:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Crispin View Post

Next up, will you be ignored by Biden or will Trump turn you into the 51st state?
    Ignore both Trump and Biden here, when it comes to a deal between UK and US on trade it is congress we should be looking at. Trump can bluster all he wants but neither the Republicans or the Democrats are going to play ball with a nation that's broken the GFA. Both sides want the Irish American vote and that's a big issue, especially also as the US sees itself as a kind of guarantor for the treaty as well.

Pelosi has already said there would be no trade deal with the UK if they broke the Withdraw agreement, which the UK has done.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    Pelosi has already said there would be no trade deal with the UK if they broke the Withdraw agreement, which the UK has done.
    The Irish-American lobby in American politics is on a very bi-partisan level. The UK is going to have trouble with that regardless of who the speaker in the house is.

It IS remainers fault we are at no deal. They had the chance to accept Theresa May's Brexit in name only deal, remember BINO anyone?, it wasn't enough for them.

They gambled the house on reversing the democratic brexit referendum and remaining in the EU. They failed and blew it, no deal is all on them.

Dribbles in rare form today.

Wasn't Mays thing voted down 3 times while Brexeteers had the majority in the commons?

Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post

Wasn't Mays thing voted down 3 times while Brexeteers had the majority in the commons?
    Yeah, even May's Brexiteer chums in the ERG didn't want it, said that no brexit was better than that deal IIRC.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post

Theresa May was and still is one of the biggest remainers/troublemakers in Boris's government, she'll be sent to the Lords out of the way soon enough. Her cabinet was full of them too, there were enough of them on Labours opposition benches. The whole of parliament, unrepresentative of the people at the time, was full of remainers and all it would have taken to pass May's deal would have been some sensible cross party cooperation and she could have got her BINO through.

But no a brexit in name only was not good enough for them, they wanted no brexit, humiliation for the brexiteers and to reverse the referendum result. Her sneaky government fell, the GE as a result by massive majority voted for Boris, the people spoke clearly for brexit once again, and here we are.

Of course you'll never find a remainer now taking responsibility for their actions which has turned out to be the root cause of a no deal brexit. Most of them have skulked off sulking never to be seen again...
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

If this is a mess come January 1st you know who will take the blame? It won't be Covid but extreme remainers like you.

If your lot hadn't tried to subvert democracy and accepted the Brexit referendum result instead of trying to overturn it things could have been so so different. But oh no, pushing for a second fixed referendum with three options to split the leave vote, remember that?, among many many other examples are what drove the people and Boris to this point, no chance of a moderate exit and towards a glorious no deal.

Luckily for me, albeit unknowingly you worked for me and what I and millions wanted all along. We are on the same side, it is as much down to you as I that compromise with the EU failed, so thank you.

The difference between us is if it all goes tits up you will be the fall guys, not freedom loving brexiteers like me. If only you had listened...
    What a load of bollocks. A preferential vote (i.e. rank your favourites) would not have split the Leave vote. The reason you didn't want a second referendum was because the tide of public opinion had turned against Brexit and certainly against a Johnson-led Brexit for the few, as shown in the General Election where the majority of voters selected parties who backed a second referendum or scrapping Brexit altogether.

You're right though, when it goes tits up it will be the majority of Britons who suffer with the consequences while the wealthy few who paid for it to happen will reap some rewards. Nice to see you admitting that you couldn't care less about Britain or its people as long as you get 30 pieces of silver for selling them out.

- - - Updated - - -

Bullshit, it's the fault of the minority of Conservatives who put themselves before party and country, and Prime Ministers who cared more for having the job than for doing it properly. If Cameron, May or Johnson had an ounce of integrity they would have started working with the other parliamentary parties to work out a Brexit strategy that worked for everyone in the country, not pandering to Mogg and his ERG cronies to fuck the British people over for personal profit.

- - - Updated - - -

Theresa May was and still is one of the biggest remainers/troublemakers in Boris's government, she'll be sent to the Lords out of the way soon enough. Her cabinet was full of them too, there were enough of them on Labours opposition benches. The whole of parliament, unrepresentative of the people at the time, was full of remainers and all it would have taken to pass May's deal would have been some sensible cross party cooperation and she could have got her BINO through.

But no a brexit in name only was not good enough for them, they wanted no brexit, humiliation for the brexiteers and to reverse the referendum result. Her sneaky government fell, the GE as a result by massive majority voted for Boris, the people spoke clearly for brexit once again, and here we are.

Of course you'll never find a remainer now taking responsibility for their actions which has turned out to be the root cause of a no deal brexit. Most of them have skulked off sulking never to be seen again...
    43% of the vote is not a massive majority. In fact it's a minority and dwarfed by the 51% who voted for parties that supported a second referendum.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    What a load of bollocks. A preferential vote (i.e. rank your favourites) would not have split the Leave vote. The reason you didn't want a second referendum was because the tide of public opinion had turned against Brexit and certainly against a Johnson-led Brexit for the few, as shown in the General Election where the majority of voters selected parties who backed a second referendum or scrapping Brexit altogether.

You're right though, when it goes tits up it will be the majority of Britons who suffer with the consequences while the wealthy few who paid for it to happen will reap some rewards. Nice to see you admitting that you couldn't care less about Britain or its people as long as you get 30 pieces of silver for selling them out.

- - - Updated - - -

Bullshit, it's the fault of the minority of Conservatives who put themselves before party and country, and Prime Ministers who cared more for having the job than for doing it properly. If Cameron, May or Johnson had an ounce of integrity they would have started working with the other parliamentary parties to work out a Brexit strategy that worked for everyone in the country, not pandering to Mogg and his ERG cronies to fuck the British people over for personal profit.

- - - Updated - - -

43% of the vote is not a massive majority. In fact it's a minority and dwarfed by the 51% who voted for parties that supported a second referendum.
    Yes it would, the talked about options at the time were - Remain, accept the deal, or crash out. The leave vote would have been split and remain would have claimed victory.

In the end we held a brexit general election, you remainers got Boris as a reward for your connivances. Serves you right. Think yourselves lucky you didn't end up, as so nearly happened, with Jacob Rees-Mogg as our PM. Time for you to own the looming no deal and stop your wittering.

That chain of events is how the history books will record the great remain fail.

Yes it would, the talked about options at the time were - Remain, accept the deal, or crash out. The leave vote would have been split and remain would have claimed victory.
    Having ideas bandied around doesn't mean it would have been a 3-way, FPTP vote.

In the end we held a brexit general election, you remainers got Boris as a reward for your connivances. Serves you right. Think yourselves lucky you didn't end up, as so nearly happened, with Jacob Rees-Mogg as our PM. Time for you to own the looming no deal and stop your wittering.

That chain of events is how the history books will record the great remain fail.
    The history books will probably spend most of it's time laughing at the pitiable state the UK ends up in after this, the idiocy of our dysfunctional electoral system would be a footnote at best.

We've told you before; it doesn't matter how much you repeat your juvenile views on the Brexit saga, it doesn't make them true. The history books will show this as a giant stitch up by an elite bankrolled by a Russian despot that wanted to weaken Europe. Ironically it's ended up making the remainder of the EU even more tight-knit.

Two months until you have to take responsibility for the damage Brexit does. Tick fucking tock.
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

15+ Year Old Account

Hu, so you too agree that the vast majority of people didn't get what they wanted, that's odd coming from you.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Huehuecoyotl View Post
    We've told you before; it doesn't matter how much you repeat your juvenile views on the Brexit saga, it doesn't make them true. The history books will show this as a giant stitch up by an elite bankrolled by a Russian despot that wanted to weaken Europe. Ironically it's ended up making the remainder of the EU even more tight-knit.

Two months until you have to take responsibility for the damage Brexit does. Tick fucking tock.
    The EU are more united now? Lols your alternate reality makes me laugh.

Charles-Henri Gallois, French leader of generation Frexit, would disagree with you. As he says in this video at 14.05 (though by skipping you miss the best brexiteer celebratory bits as the news from Boris telling Barnier to do one comes in live!)

Or as German Sabine Bepplar-Spahl, Chair of the Freiblickinstitut who says beginning at 21.00 how Brexit is an inspiration for all of the many in Europe who want to see an end to the EU. Enjoy, I hope you learn something from the horses mouth so to speak, of our eurochums.

10+ Year Old Account
    The EU are more united now? Lols your alternate reality makes me laugh.

Charles-Henri Gallois, French leader of generation Frexit, would disagree with you. As he says in this video at 14.05 (though by skipping you miss the best brexiteer celebratory bits as the news from Boris telling Barnier to do one comes in live!)

Or as German Sabine Bepplar-Spahl, Chair of the Freiblickinstitut who says beginning at 21.00 how Brexit is an inspiration for all of the many in Europe who want to see an end to the EU. Enjoy, I hope you learn something from the horses mouth so to speak, of our eurochums.

[video=youtube;HHGNJCzJI9o]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HHGNJCzJI9o[video]

Opinions of the EU in most member states have gone up over the last few years, not down, much to the dismay of people wanting things such as a Frexit, including in France.

Even in the UK, at that.