View Poll Results: 10 days left, what'll it be?

Voters
92. This poll is closed
  • Hard Brexit (crash out)

45 48.91%
  • No Brexit (Remain by revoking A50)

24 26.09%
  • Withdrawal Agreement (after a new session is called)

0 0%
  • Extension + Withdrawal Agreement

3 3.26%
  • Extension + Crashout

9 9.78%
  • Extension + Remain

11 11.96%
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    Boris was voted for by Brexiters because they're the type of people who'll believe anything told to them by a posh boy from an expensive school. I don't see how that is the fault of the people who are saying that Brexit is stupid and Boris is an idiot.
    Isn't there an eeny weeny bit of you that wishes remainers the likes of Dominic Grieve and Gina Millar et al weren't quite so forceful in their successful attempts to stymie a more moderate brexit deal with the EU under the tenure of Theresa May?

You were told at the time the outcome would be a Boris led probable no deal government and you sillies carried on regardless. If the cliff edge is indeed real, you remainers pushed and pushed for Boris to be the one to lead the UK over it.

This type of brexit is all on you remainers, and I thank you greatly for enabling it. It wouldn't have been possible without you.
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    Isn't there an eeny weeny bit of you that wishes remainers the likes of Dominic Grieve and Gina Millar et al weren't quite so forceful in their successful attempts to stymie a more moderate brexit deal with the EU under the tenure of Theresa May?

You were told at the time the outcome would be a Boris led probable no deal government and you sillies carried on regardless. If the cliff edge is indeed real, you remainers pushed and pushed for Boris to be the one to lead the UK over it.

This type of brexit is all on you remainers, and I thank you greatly for enabling it. It wouldn't have been possible without you.
    Isn't there an eeny weeny bit of you that knows that the whole Brexit kerfuffle was inept and idiotic that sold you nothing but lies? If the cliff edge was real, it wouldn't be Remainers pushing you off, you'd willingly jump to the jagged rocks beneath because they told you the rocks were soft and safe to land on.

10+ Year Old Account

Hindsight is 20/20. They were against leaving, so they voted against an awful deal in order to hopefully hash out a better one, or stay in.

I'm wondering why you're not placing the blame on Johnson, Mogg and their pals at the ERG who voted against every one of Theresa May's votes. Those ~30 Tories voted it down just as often as the Lib Dems, the SNP, Plaid Cymru and Labour did.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler to Baby Sloths View Post
    I'm wondering why you're not placing the blame on Johnson, Mogg and their pals at the ERG who voted against every one of Theresa May's votes. Those ~30 Tories voted it down just as often as the Lib Dems, the SNP, Plaid Cymru and Labour did.
    Theresa May's deal was a bad deal for the brexiteers you mention, we knew Boris and Mogg intellectually guided by Farage and Cummings with their gameplan were patiently waiting in the wings, widely labelled at the time as Brexit In Name Only. I'd have thought that BINO would be the best deal remainers could have hoped to achieve under the democratic circumstances of Theresa back then. It wasn't really leaving after all.

But oh no, emboldened they had no shame shouting remain/stop brexit from the rooftops and they wanted to reverse the referendum result, ignoring tens of millions who voted to leave and stay in the EU.

The price of their failure is maybe a no deal and if not certainly a harder brexit as a result of their actions.

For brexiteers and everyone in the UK who believes in the democratic process this year above all others it really is the season to be jolly.
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

But oh no, emboldened they had no shame shouting remain/stop brexit from the rooftops and they wanted to reverse the referendum result, ignoring tens of millions who voted to leave and stay in the EU.
    Remainers could shout whatever they wanted, they were in the minority.

Tories were not able to come up with a plan when they had the majority and voted everything down themselves a couple times. Actions have consequences, non actions too.

Theresa May's deal was a bad deal for the brexiteers you mention, we knew Boris and Mogg intellectually guided by Farage and Cummings with their gameplan were patiently waiting in the wings, widely labelled at the time as Brexit In Name Only. I'd have thought that BINO would be the best deal remainers could have hoped to achieve under the democratic circumstances of Theresa back then. It wasn't really leaving after all.

The price of their failure is maybe a no deal and if not certainly a harder brexit as a result of their actions.

For brexiteers and everyone in the UK who believes in the democratic process this year above all others it really is the season to be jolly.
    Those Brexiteers you are attempting to absolve of blame were the ones that weren't prepared to accept a more moderate Brexit. They are the ones that are still, to this day, not prepared to accept anything but the kind of deal that the EU can't, and won't give us. If we end up with no-deal, it will be their fault. If we end up with a shitty deal that gives us no "sovereignty" (whatever the fuck that means) and a worse position than we had before, that will also be the fault of the Brexiteers. Because they will be the ones who forced us to try and bluff when the opponents knew full well we had bugger all in our hands.

Those are the choices it will come down to; either we put a bullet in the EUs foot that has to go through our own brain first (no-deal), or we accept a position as a rule-taker with literally no say in the rules (BINO). The first choice breaks the GFA, the second will break up the UK by creating a border between Great Britain and NI. Both shitty outcomes, but that's what Brexit comes down to; a group of clowns that understand nothing forcing a stupid choice on a country that never understood what they were voting for.

Lions led by donkeys? Nope, morons led by fuckwits.

The consequences of your actions hit you in the face in less than a month. Nowhere to hide then.
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

Nah, I'm mostly upset at the entire Conservative party for misrepresenting how much of a mandate for a particular course the Brexit vote represented, then pushing their House majorities to appease special interest groups within their own parties instead of reaching across the House and trying to figure out exactly why people voted the way they did and trying to find a negotiating position that best catered to the hopes and fears of the majority of people.

BTW you still haven't told me how the government is going to conjure up £350m a week out of a pot that has never contained that much money, has some of its contents earmarked for areas currently EU funded and has to go some way to making up for the financial ruin of the Brexit process.

Sounds like someone is approaching the bargaining stage.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    2nd dec and nothing agreed, but still no sign of uproar in UK ?

hoping for miracles or what is UK thinking ?

Quote Originally Posted by ranzino View Post
    2nd dec and nothing agreed, but still no sign of uproar in UK ?

hoping for miracles or what is UK thinking ?
    I imagine most of the general public has resigned itself to the idea that there will be a no-deal exit.
    Heck I question if it would even be possible to get a deal through the EU before the holiday's when I assume they will recess.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    I imagine most of the general public has resigned itself to the idea that there will be a no-deal exit.
    Heck I question if it would even be possible to get a deal through the EU before the holiday's when I assume they will recess.
    Would Boris stick to an agreement if one was reached?

Quote Originally Posted by Xarkan View Post
    Would Boris stick to an agreement if one was reached?
    I have repeatedly expressed my belief that Boris doesn't want a deal and actively steered into a no-deal so I guess no? But he won't let it get to a deal in the first place.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Huehuecoyotl View Post
    Those Brexiteers you are attempting to absolve of blame were the ones that weren't prepared to accept a more moderate Brexit. They are the ones that are still, to this day, not prepared to accept anything but the kind of deal that the EU can't, and won't give us. If we end up with no-deal, it will be their fault. If we end up with a shitty deal that gives us no "sovereignty" (whatever the fuck that means) and a worse position than we had before, that will also be the fault of the Brexiteers. Because they will be the ones who forced us to try and bluff when the opponents knew full well we had bugger all in our hands.

Those are the choices it will come down to; either we put a bullet in the EUs foot that has to go through our own brain first (no-deal), or we accept a position as a rule-taker with literally no say in the rules (BINO). The first choice breaks the GFA, the second will break up the UK by creating a border between Great Britain and NI. Both shitty outcomes, but that's what Brexit comes down to; a group of clowns that understand nothing forcing a stupid choice on a country that never understood what they were voting for.

Lions led by donkeys? Nope, morons led by fuckwits.

The consequences of your actions hit you in the face in less than a month. Nowhere to hide then.
    Tsk tsk so much bitterness.

Many remainers will owe their lives to brexiteers like me as the UK Health Secretary Matt Hancock says today, and I agree with him in this clear and ultimate brexit benefit...

Brexit helped the UK become the first country in the world to have a clinically authorised coronavirus vaccine.

https://news.sky.com/story/eu-urged-...ctory-12148983

Good job we left and don't have to wait for authorisation from the EU's EMA isn't it? How many eurochums must perish from Covid before the EU allows their citizens to get vaccinated?

Don't be so ungrateful.

and the EU is set to approve it in a few days I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    and the EU is set to approve it in a few days I believe.
    Pfizer's is set for aporoval on the 29th. Moderna's on january 12th.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rmfAcc View Post
    A vaccine for which the research and development has been mostly funded by the EU and which will be at least twice as cheap to purchase for EU residents than for UK residents because of it. Just an important detail.
    It is going to be free and approval of the vaccine is just one part you also need the production and distribution capability.

Another added bonus for living in an EU nation regarding the corona induced crisis;

clicky

Belgium will receive the first instalment of €2 billion in loans from the European Commission’s ‘SURE’ programme, Commission President Ursula von der Leyen said on Monday.

SURE is a temporary programme of low-cost loans to the Member States that are spending a lot more money to save jobs as a result of the coronavirus pandemic, von der Leyen said in an interview with VRT.

Belgium is entitled to €7.8 billion in low-interest loans, thanks to this programme, which can reach up to 100 billion.

Good luck with the UK recovering from the financial aspect of it on their own.
    “My philosophy is: It’s none of my business what people say of me and think of me. I am what I am and I do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. And it makes life so much easier.
    ― Anthony Hopkins

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    It is going to be free and approval of the vaccine is just one part you also need the production and distribution capability.
    Though since people are idiots and will do christmas (and new years) as usual it would have been better if a vaccination program could have started before christmas.. to at least mitigate the amount of elderly dying early in the new year

Ideal was never realistic obviously

Quote Originally Posted by Xarkan View Post
    Though since people are idiots and will do christmas (and new years) as usual it would have been better if a vaccination program could have started before christmas.. to at least mitigate the amount of elderly dying early in the new year

Ideal was never realistic obviously
    rumors abound that them at-risk groups will start recieving there vaccinations in my country starting the 4th, non at risk groups will start in August.. apperently.

Tsk tsk so much bitterness.

Many remainers will owe their lives to brexiteers like me as the UK Health Secretary Matt Hancock says today, and I agree with him in this clear and ultimate brexit benefit...

Brexit helped the UK become the first country in the world to have a clinically authorised coronavirus vaccine.

https://news.sky.com/story/eu-urged-...ctory-12148983

Good job we left and don't have to wait for authorisation from the EU's EMA isn't it? How many eurochums must perish from Covid before the EU allows their citizens to get vaccinated?

Don't be so ungrateful.
    I hate to intrude on another one of your fact free rants, but you do realise that we haven't actually left yet? Anything that we've done in 2020 related to Covid as a soon to leave the EU country, we could have done just the same as an EU country. This is another "blue passport" style lie from the Brexiteer anti-truth brigade. Telling us that Brexit is wonderful for letting us do something that we were perfectly free to do anyway.

Something something old dog, something something new tricks. Mind you, if you know your audience is stupid enough to fall for this nonsense, why not just wheel it out again?
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.