View Poll Results: 10 days left, what'll it be?

Voters
92. This poll is closed
  • Hard Brexit (crash out)

45 48.91%
  • No Brexit (Remain by revoking A50)

24 26.09%
  • Withdrawal Agreement (after a new session is called)

0 0%
  • Extension + Withdrawal Agreement

3 3.26%
  • Extension + Crashout

9 9.78%
  • Extension + Remain

11 11.96%
    Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    Tsk tsk so much bitterness.

Many remainers will owe their lives to brexiteers like me as the UK Health Secretary Matt Hancock says today, and I agree with him in this clear and ultimate brexit benefit...

Brexit helped the UK become the first country in the world to have a clinically authorised coronavirus vaccine.

https://news.sky.com/story/eu-urged-...ctory-12148983

Good job we left and don't have to wait for authorisation from the EU's EMA isn't it? How many eurochums must perish from Covid before the EU allows their citizens to get vaccinated?

Don't be so ungrateful.
    A vaccine developed by two Turks in Germany and manufactured in Belgium is supposed to be a "brexit win", huh?

Quote Originally Posted by Butler to Baby Sloths View Post
    A vaccine developed by two Turks in Germany and manufactured in Belgium is supposed to be a "brexit win", huh?
    Anything they think is good is a Brexit win in their alternate universe. If scientists in China found an outright cure of AIDS, they would find a way to claim it as a win for Brexit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gelannerai View Post

Remember, legally no one sane takes Tucker Carlson seriously.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler to Baby Sloths View Post
    Not to mention that UK hasn't actually left yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    And again, let’s presume equity in schools is achievable. Then why should a parent read to a child?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Demolitia View Post
    Pfizer's is set for aporoval on the 29th. Moderna's on january 12th.
    No rush then. How many EU lives will that inefficiency and delay cost? If only you weren't in the EU you could have the vaccine tomorrow.

As the leader of the House of Commons says today in not so many words :- Three cheers for Brexit!

13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

Quote Originally Posted by Santti View Post
    Not to mention that UK hasn't actually left yet.
    I'm not convinced they will. Their own political parties are constantly trying to undermine. I honestly think it only came to a vote originally because they were certain it would fail and they could put the issue to rest.

No rush then. How many EU lives will that inefficiency and delay cost? If only you weren't in the EU you could have the vaccine tomorrow.

As the leader of the House of Commons says today in not so many words :- Three cheers for Brexit!

Call it inefficiency, we call it proper scrutiny, which you failed to do and gave a provisional approval for the sake of ... "win"? We'll let you do the crash test. We've had a year of covid, 2 weeks are not going to make a huge difference. But congratulations

Quote Originally Posted by tehealadin View Post
    Anything they think is good is a Brexit win in their alternate universe. If scientists in China found an outright cure of AIDS, they would find a way to claim it as a win for Brexit.
    Apparently they seem to be willing to skip the scientific review for the regulatory approval, so yeah. They remind me of the "first" comments on youtube.

Tsk tsk so much bitterness.

Many remainers will owe their lives to brexiteers like me as the UK Health Secretary Matt Hancock says today, and I agree with him in this clear and ultimate brexit benefit...

Brexit helped the UK become the first country in the world to have a clinically authorised coronavirus vaccine.

https://news.sky.com/story/eu-urged-...ctory-12148983

Good job we left and don't have to wait for authorisation from the EU's EMA isn't it? How many eurochums must perish from Covid before the EU allows their citizens to get vaccinated?

Don't be so ungrateful.
    did u ever read that link?

Dr June Raine from the UK's medicines regulator confirms the jab's approval was made using provisions under European law.
    the fucking subtitle...
    12/6/2009 -23/11/2020 rip little deathstalker Ferretti. proud forsaken, enemy of the livings

If you are in the EU (as we still are) then you could also have the vaccine today. Because under EU law, countries are allowed to do exactly what we just did. They've just individually (using their own sovereignty) decided not to just yet.

Once again, the Brexit supporter either doesn't understand what he's talking about, or decides to lie about what he's talking about. Are you never ashamed of making yourself look foolish in front of everyone?
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

1, you were perfectly capable to do this as an EU member, which you btw still is.

2, his nap time is over?

The UK only has 10 million on order for 2020. That's enough for 5 million people.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Huehuecoyotl View Post
    If you are in the EU (as we still are) then you could also have the vaccine today. Because under EU law, countries are allowed to do exactly what we just did. They've just individually (using their own sovereignty) decided not to just yet.

Once again, the Brexit supporter either doesn't understand what he's talking about, or decides to lie about what he's talking about. Are you never ashamed of making yourself look foolish in front of everyone?
    Not the case at all, let me educate you.

If we were still in the EU it is highly likely we would have been a part of the collective 27 that deferred the decision making process authority and vaccine supply to the EMA. But we are not in the EU, we have left and have the benefit of not being a part of that collective bloc.

The only reason a vaccine is available in the UK now is thanks to Brexit.

Another fact for you is that the EMA doesn't have the expertise right now to allow vaccination of EU citizens since it left London and has asked the UK MHRA for help in this regard.

The UK, thanks to brexit, leading the world out of the global pandemic.
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

Not the case at all, let me educate you.

If we were still in the EU it is highly likely we would have been a part of the collective 27 that deferred the decision making process authority and vaccine supply to the EMA. But we are not in the EU, we have left and have the benefit of not being a part of that collective bloc.

The only reason a vaccine is available in the UK now is thanks to Brexit.

Another fact for you is that the EMA doesn't have the expertise right now to allow vaccination of EU citizens since it left London and has asked the UK MHRA for help in this regard.

The UK, thanks to brexit, leading the world out of the global pandemic.
    Wrong. You are still telling lies to intentionally spread misinformation, or you genuinely don't understand what you are talking about. So are you a liar or ignorant? There isn't a third option.

We could have fast-tracked the vaccine just as fast if we were still in the EU....because we ARE still in until we leave at the end of the year. Any other country that isn't leaving the EU could do the same thing. This is a simple fact, based on a law that's been in place for about 2 decades (I believe, I'm happy to be corrected if that timing is incorrect).

Brexiteers, spouting utter bollocks since 2016. Try educating yourself for a change, instead of trying to spread your ignorance to other people.
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

10+ Year Old Account
    If we were still in the EU
    There is no "IF". UK is still in the transition period, and has to comply with EU laws, like any other member (while also having no say on the EU matters).

I don't think you should be speaking of education, unless you are informing others of you going back to the school.
    Last edited by Santti; 2020-12-03 at 10:28 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    And again, let’s presume equity in schools is achievable. Then why should a parent read to a child?

Well the NHS has been exposed as truly awful during this covid bug that's going around, the sooner it's privatised properly the better. I feel sorry for the government puppets that used to clap for it on their doorsteps, don't see it any more though do you. People know now how bad the NHS really is, no wonder the private healthcare industry is booming.

But in better news looks like we are finally getting somewhere with brexit, I hope Barnier, like Boris, is as good as his word.

EU threatens to pull out of Brexit talks if UK refuses to compromise

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...al-brexit-deal

Maybe just 48 hours to go until free, fingers x and tick tock...
    How has the nhs been awful?

The NHS has responded perfectly, despite decades of underfunding, you want to see a shit show, look at the usa and its private system, look at the fucking shit show over there vaccine, a vaccine were all geting free of charge.

You really are full of crap, the nhs will never ever be privatised I and many many others will fight and kill to keep the NHS, theres two things in the UK you never mention abolishing unless you want your head kicking in and thats the NHS and monarchy, and you clearly need a good clapping to suggest it.

Jacob Rees Mogg is a gigantic shit cunt, who would be perfectly at home in the French monarchy during the 1700s.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Santti View Post
    There is no "IF". UK is still in the transition period, and has to comply with EU laws, like any other member (while also having no say on the EU matters).

I don't think you should be speaking of education, unless you are informing others of you going back to the school.
    The UK is immediately using the Covid vaccine on its citizens against EU law and in the clearest example we have left the EU where it is not permitted to be used is unlicensed and currently unlawful.

EU legislation requires drugs and medicines to be authorized and licensed by the EMA for deployment in the EU. They will possibly get around to this sometime next year with respect to the Covid vaccine.

As you can see, thanks to Brexit, we don't have to comply with EU laws anymore. I wonder how many lives will be saved here in the UK because of that wise decision at the Brexit referedum to leave?

The UK is immediately using the Covid vaccine on its citizens against EU law and in the clearest example we have left the EU where it is not permitted to be used is unlicensed and currently unlawful.

EU legislation requires drugs and medicines to be authorized and licensed by the EMA for deployment in the EU. They will possibly get around to this sometime next year with respect to the Covid vaccine.

As you can see, thanks to Brexit, we don't have to comply with EU laws anymore. I wonder how many lives will be saved here in the UK because of that wise decision at the Brexit referedum to leave?
    Again, you're are still at this very moment subject to the laws and regulations of the EU. You just get exactly zero say in its political bodies now. While you "left" the union in January you remain subject to its laws during the transition period until December 31st, 2020 where if idiots get their way you'll crash out into a recession and countries like mine will bend you over with your new trade deals from a weaker negotiating position.

I can link multiple sources from the EU to your own UK outlets that confirm this. So as someone asked previously are you a liar or dumb? Pick one. Because this is quite literally basic information I would expect even UK children to understand.
    Last edited by shimerra; 2020-12-03 at 11:25 PM.
    “Logic: The art of thinking and reasoning in strict accordance with the limitations and incapacities of the human misunderstanding.”
    "Conservative, n: A statesman who is enamored of existing evils, as distinguished from the Liberal who wishes to replace them with others."
    Ambrose Bierce
    The Bird of Hermes Is My Name, Eating My Wings To Make Me Tame.

https://www.channel4.com/news/factch...-authorisation

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/55163730

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...-covid-vaccine

I could link literally dozens of other reports that all say the same thing; that you are flat out wrong. So, lying or ignorant? Which one are you.

Bear in mind that last one says that even Number 10 have said that you're wrong. Are you going against Boris?

Please read these and educate yourself this time. If your response is just to reiterate your lie I'm going to treat it as simple trolling and report it accordingly.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Huehuecoyotl View Post
    https://www.channel4.com/news/factch...-authorisation

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/55163730

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...-covid-vaccine

I could link literally dozens of other reports that all say the same thing; that you are flat out wrong. So, lying or ignorant? Which one are you.

Bear in mind that last one says that even Number 10 have said that you're wrong. Are you going against Boris?

Please read these and educate yourself this time. If your response is just to reiterate your lie I'm going to treat it as simple trolling and report it accordingly.
    Let's just agree to disagree.

BRITAIN deliberately broke away from the European Medicines Agency control for vaccine approval in October - meaning the UK could rubber stamp the jab quicker. Any EU member could in theory do this, but Brussels ordered the 27 remaining EU countries to form a united vaccine policy and wait for central approval.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/133676...covid-vaccine/

Hopefully the British decision will put pressure on EU regulatory laggards to hurry up a bit.