View Poll Results: 10 days left, what'll it be?

Voters
92. This poll is closed
  • Hard Brexit (crash out)

45 48.91%
  • No Brexit (Remain by revoking A50)

24 26.09%
  • Withdrawal Agreement (after a new session is called)

0 0%
  • Extension + Withdrawal Agreement

3 3.26%
  • Extension + Crashout

9 9.78%
  • Extension + Remain

11 11.96%
    Quote Originally Posted by PinkLotus777 View Post
    Official UK Government trade deals and statuses.

gov.uk/guidance/uk-trade-agreements-with-non-eu-countries

So you see. The UK is in great shape after Brexit.
    How many of those are merely maintaining the status quo, and how many are actually new?

Brexit helped produce the vaccine that cured the World of Covid.

It gets my vote !!
    One of the vaccines. And the UK was still bound to EU rules while it was developed.

10+ Year Old Account

That is.. Not a website.
    And how many of those deals are just the same deals you had under the EU? How many are worse versions of what you had under the EU (Like the Japan deal, which is the same as the EU deal, but you only get the leftovers after the EU has been there)

It was in better shape before.

Here's the list for the EU https://ec.europa.eu/trade/policy/co...s-and-regions/
    Let's compare the top 7 in the UK list:
    • Switzerland 37 G£ - Continuation of EU's EFTA agreement for goods (250G€), services (170G€) not included
    • Japan 29G£ - Continuation of EU's deal (165G€), but taking the scraps (although describes as "going beyond")
    • Iceland and Norway 27G£ - Continuation of EU's EFTA and EEA agreements for goods (111G€), services (33G€) not included
    • Turkey 19 G£ - Continuation of EU-Turkey FTA (160G€)
    • Singapore 17 G£ - Continuation of EU-Singapore FTA (90G€)
    • S. Korea 11 G£ - Continuation of EU-South Korea FTA (109G€)
    • SACUM (South Africa Trade bloc) 10G£ - Continuation of EU-SADC Trade Agreement (53 G€). Not a FTA as it is asymmetrical to protect the developing countries.
    Last edited by Forogil; 2021-03-13 at 02:08 PM.

Oh look, another drive-by Brexit supporting shit-poster with laughably unclear "benefits" and a link to a source that doesn't actually provide specific information to support their view. Must be Saturday.

Maybe point us to the trade agreements that aren't just CTRL-C, CTRL-V of the ones we would have had if we'd stayed in the EU? You might as well just link to the front page of Wikipedia and say "read that, it totally supports my view, honest".
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

Quote Originally Posted by Huehuecoyotl View Post
    Oh look, another drive-by Brexit supporting shit-poster
    I disagree.

I'm pretty sure that PinkLotus777 and PetalExpress were the same drive-by Brexit ...; similar names and continued the discussion as though they were the same; and also likely someone that recently got banned - but I don't know who as it doesn't seem to be the obvious suspect.

I live in the UK.

We are doing fine.

Average citizen hasn't seen anything different in their lives from Brexit.

All the fear mongering claims that our lives would get considerably worse and the sky would fall were all bullsh*t.

If anything, my own quality of life continues to get better. My house value just keeps on climbing.

I'll probably sell up in a few years and retire to a comfortable life in Spain if it keeps climbing.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SlayersSword View Post
    All the fear mongering claims that our lives would get considerably worse and the sky would fall were all bullsh*t..
    This particular point is absolutely true. Oh sure there have been some problems but the fear mongering that existed with regards to the issue was always a load of nonsense, same with the fear mongering the pro-Brexit crowd was spouting if you had stayed by the way.

I think though despite the massive circus from 2016 to 2020 the UK is probably, for now at least, somewhat better off outside.
    "Life is one long series of problems to solve. The more you solve, the better a man you become.... Tribulations spawn in life and over and over again we must stand our ground and face them."

Quote Originally Posted by SlayersSword View Post
    I live in the UK.

We are doing fine.

Average citizen hasn't seen anything different in their lives from Brexit.

All the fear mongering claims that our lives would get considerably worse and the sky would fall were all bullsh*t.

If anything, my own quality of life continues to get better. My house value just keeps on climbing.

I'll probably sell up in a few years and retire to a comfortable life in Spain if it keeps climbing.
    So well, that you’re compelled to keep creating burner accounts to tell us lol

Btw Israel is doing better with vaccines

Quote Originally Posted by Crispin View Post
    So well, that you’re compelled to keep creating burner accounts to tell us lol

Btw Israel is doing better with vaccines
    At least his tune has changed from "I totally voted remain, fuck all you germans, french, dutch, Italian and remainers you're all scum." to telling us what he really feels.

Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    At least his tune has changed from "I totally voted remain, fuck all you germans, french, dutch, Italian and remainers you're all scum." to telling us what he really feels.
    I do enjoy how he’s ignorantly praising EU’s trade deals with other countries, by cheering on the copy/paste ones the UK did lol.

But hey, climate change arent real, cus the weather havent been acting up where I live /s

15+ Year Old Account
    Why would he retire in Spain? Makes no sense.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    Why would he retire in Spain? Makes no sense.
    Expat communities where it's essentially towns in Spain where everyone speaks English and do not integrate.

By ex-pat I mean immigrants. And of course, the refusal to integrate is basically what these people accuse those who immigrate to the UK of doing.

Expat communities where it's essentially towns in Spain where everyone speaks English and do not integrate.

By ex-pat I mean immigrants. And of course, the refusal to integrate is basically what these people accuse those who immigrate to the UK of doing.
    Yeah, Brits go on holiday to Spain and then eat pie and chips with gravy while drinking pints of bitter in an "English pub" that has British Sky showing football or cricket on the TV and the kind of decoration that wouldn't look amiss at a "Britain First" meet-up.

It is really embarrassing meeting Brits on holiday.

Quote Originally Posted by Butler to Baby Sloths View Post
    Yeah, Brits go on holiday to Spain and then eat pie and chips with gravy while drinking pints of bitter in an "English pub" that has British Sky showing football or cricket on the TV and the kind of decoration that wouldn't look amiss at a "Britain First" meet-up.

It is really embarrassing meeting Brits on holiday.
    Yeah, it's embarrassing. Me personally I want to go away from that area when I visit countries. I want to see the local culture, the local history, interact with the local people. To me that is so much better than say "Fly to med holiday resort X. Hang with Brits. Eat British food and only leave the hotel to go to the beach." like why spend all the money to move? Is the weather really worth £1k+?

Yeah, it's embarrassing. Me personally I want to go away from that area when I visit countries. I want to see the local culture, the local history, interact with the local people. To me that is so much better than say "Fly to med holiday resort X. Hang with Brits. Eat British food and only leave the hotel to go to the beach." like why spend all the money to move? Is the weather really worth £1k+?
    At least I get to be German, so I can exchange eye-rolling glances with the locals :P

Quote Originally Posted by Butler to Baby Sloths View Post
    At least I get to be German, so I can exchange eye-rolling glances with the locals :P
    As a German do you guys really wake up at 4am to put down the towels to claim the best spots around the pools?

As a German do you guys really wake up at 4am to put down the towels to claim the best spots around the pools?
    Yeah sure, just like every Brit only goes to Spain to drink in an English pub and watch English football while talking to English people.

Or, to rephrase it slightly differently... you have to get up at 4am to put the towel down because the drunk English tend to pass out on the beach around that time and you might wanna find a clear spot before they do.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    Yeah sure, just like every Brit only goes to Spain to drink in an English pub and watch English football while talking to English people.

Or, to rephrase it slightly differently... you have to get up at 4am to put the towel down because the drunk English tend to pass out on the beach around that time and you might wanna find a clear spot before they do.
    That’s the longest “yes.” I’ve ever read

10+ Year Old Account

So basically English people have set up mini colonies in Spain to retire to because the UK is so amazing.

Sounds about right, lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    So basically English people have set up mini colonies in Spain to retire to because the UK is so amazing.

Sounds about right, lol.
    Want to hear something even funnier? A lot of them supported Brexit, and are now complaining because their living situation in Spain is getting a LOT more complicated. Some have even been forced to return to the UK as a result. This is real "leopards ate my face" stuff.
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.