View Poll Results: 10 days left, what'll it be?

Voters
92. This poll is closed
  • Hard Brexit (crash out)

45 48.91%
  • No Brexit (Remain by revoking A50)

24 26.09%
  • Withdrawal Agreement (after a new session is called)

0 0%
  • Extension + Withdrawal Agreement

3 3.26%
  • Extension + Crashout

9 9.78%
  • Extension + Remain

11 11.96%
    Just imagine what USA would be like right now if not for the four years of the imbelicic criminal and his cult running the show. Fewer deaths, more vaccines and those that thought like him never getting emboldened enough to prance about in public.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kaid View Post
    The US now that we are under competent leadership is coming along pretty fast too. In the grocery story yesterday they were doing an open call for anybody who wanted a shot as the supplies are now such that they can offer them pretty much to anybody who wants it around here.
    If you look at completed vaccinations per capita then the US is above the UK where i looked..

I just chose a country that has been ahead of the UK since some time in january

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    There is none. Ane the person is banned anyways. Most likely alt-account.
    Wouldn't be surprised if it was Dribbles.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Brumbrumcar519 View Post
    Since Brexit, United Kingdom has
    Now I'm not gonna try and disprove any of these.. People have already done it for me. Buuuut..

- the best Covid vaccination programme in the World
    Could've had that anyway
    - border immigration controls
    You had that before. Only difference is you can now also keep out EU citizens.. Which you might've been able to do anyway? You weren't in Schengen after all
    - best furlough programme in the World
    Could've had that anyway
    - house prices that continue to increase at rapid pace
    Only good if you already own a house.. And don't get priced out due to land tax increases. I don't know how it works in the UK
    - no EU overlords breathing down our necks
    But you have incompetent UK overlords doing it instead

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    Holy shit, you get your shot while doing groceries? That is fast.
    usually by the pharmacy staff in the mall; the grocery staff is not entitled to poke people with needles
    but yes, they do it for quite a while.

fortunately Biontech will ramp up its deliveries in germany too, but grocery vaccination is off the table still; we are germans and like long queues und bureaucracy

Quote Originally Posted by ranzino View Post
    usually by the pharmacy staff in the mall; the grocery staff is not entitled to poke people with needles

fortunately Biontech will ramp up its deliveries in germany too, but grocery vaccination is off the table still; we are germans and like long queues und bureaucracy
    I mean, people get a flu shot in fall every year, it's not like our medical system is overloaded by that. We'll be fine once the GPs ramp up their game.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Quote Originally Posted by ranzino View Post

Yes the grocery stores offering it have in building pharmacies but its a great way to get those who won't make an appointment and drive across town but if you can make it as easy as here get your shot now and then do your shopping and check in before you go to make sure you feel fine and are not showing any side effects then go about your business. That is basically what you need to do to go after the stragglers most of those who were super interested in it already have it now so what's left are those who either don't have internet to make appointments or just don't have time to figure out what they needed to do. So if you can make it easy and painless to just do it when you are out doing other stuff .

Quote Originally Posted by kaid View Post
    Yes the grocery stores offering it have in building pharmacies but its a great way to get those who won't make an appointment and drive across town but if you can make it as easy as here get your shot now and then do your shopping and check in before you go to make sure you feel fine and are not showing any side effects then go about your business. That is basically what you need to do to go after the stragglers most of those who were super interested in it already have it now so what's left are those who either don't have internet to make appointments or just don't have time to figure out what they needed to do. So if you can make it easy and painless to just do it when you are out doing other stuff .
    I've never seen a pharmacy within a grocery store in Europe. They are seperate shops. First time I walked in to buy some beverage and milk in the US, and saw sleeping pills available in the US, was quite odd as a European. So the idea of getting your flu shot while getting milk, does not compute for Europeans

Quote Originally Posted by Crispin View Post
    I've never seen a pharmacy within a grocery store in Europe. They are seperate shops. First time I walked in to buy some beverage and milk in the US, and saw sleeping pills available in the US, was quite odd as a European. So the idea of getting your flu shot while getting milk, does not compute for Europeans
    It works out great when getting flu shots. You are supposed to stay nearby in case of any kind of reaction for 15 minutes so you go in get your vaccination then do your shopping check back in at the pharmacy and then check out and go.

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Just to keep us on topic. Here we have yet another one of those immense Brexit benef-oh.... OH....

Sales of milk and cream to EU down 96% and chicken and beef by almost 80%
    Sales of milk and cream to the EU are down an extraordinary 96 per cent – and chicken and beef by almost 80 per cent – because of Brexit, new figures show.
    Oof, that's harsh. That's got to sting.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    Oof, that's harsh. That's got to sting.
    When you normalise the data to cater for Covid, UK GDP is continuing to rise at record pace.

Even faster than over 95% of RoW.

So either the source is fear mongering bullshit, or its completely negligible to the UK economy as a whole.

My guess is the source material linked has cherry picked so exports only without factoring the RoW export replacements that inevitably will happen.

Even so, just today the EU had caved in to UK zero tariff trading, so even if the source material is true, it now is no longer relevant.

The UK economy is extremely strong right now and continues to grow.

I'm sorry the fear mongering left are trying to deny reality, but it is reality nonetheless.

EU has caved in and signed a deal pandering to UK demands.

UK is trading gleefully with RoW.

Normalising the pandemic data, UK GDP is rising rapidly.

What part of "Brexit is working out very well for the UK" does anybody want to disagree with?

Quote Originally Posted by Breuk123 View Post

What part of "Brexit is working out very well for the UK" does anybody want to disagree with?
    So they've solved the problem of a border between Britain and Northern Ireland, got rid of all the red-tape that was crippling businesses wanting to trade with the EU and solved the problems our fishermen were having trying to sell to Europe as an outsider nation?

And if they didn't "cave" you'd be complaining that the tyrant EU is trying to cripple Britain by not allowing these trades.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    So they've solved the problem of a border between Britain and Northern Ireland, got rid of all the red-tape that was crippling businesses wanting to trade with the EU and solved the problems our fishermen were having trying to sell to Europe as an outsider nation?
    But the GDP increased in February from 93% to 93.3% of the base-line; see it's working!

(Ignore the fact that it was 95% a month earlier and that it's a comparison with pre-brexit numbers. https://www.ons.gov.uk/economy/gross...imateuk/latest )

I'm sorry did I miss some new deal with the UK or are you talking about the Withdraw Agreement there?

The deal in which the EU gave up basically nothing and the UK cut off Northern Ireland from the rest of the 'United' Kingdom and established a hard border in the Irish Sea?
    A deal the UK then threatened to unilaterally break, resulting in the entire world to tell the Uk no one would ever deal with them again. After which Boris Johnson abandoned that idea with his tail between his legs?
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-56932551

Great news for UK fisheries..

Oh wait I'm not a hardcore brexiteer. This is actually terrible news as the UK failed to reach an agreement with Norway to fish in their waters. Access they would have had if still part of the EU

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    I'm sorry did I miss some new deal with the UK or are you talking about the Withdraw Agreement there?
    Actually the EU signed a "new" deal this week: Trade and Cooperation Agreement, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/EU%E2%...tion_Agreement the one where the future arrangement is made - building on the Withdrawal Agreement. (Yes, the uk rubber-stamped this new deal, the EU took more time to look through it.)

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    The deal in which the EU gave up basically nothing and the UK cut off Northern Ireland from the rest of the 'United' Kingdom and established a hard border in the Irish Sea?
    The new agreement is more of keeping free trade in goods, but not in services (remember that the uk is primarily services oriented); and giving the EU more access to uk fishing than the uk fishermen wanted.

So, what do we have here? Misrepresentation of the truth of the current position? Check. Misunderstanding of what's happening? Check. Telling lies about readily available statistics? Check. No links to evidence that might support their nonsense? Check and check.

So, just a typical Brexiteer drive by shit-post. Move along people, nothing to see here.
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

Quote Originally Posted by Huehuecoyotl View Post
    So, what do we have here? Misrepresentation of the truth of the current position? Check. Misunderstanding of what's happening? Check. Telling lies about readily available statistics? Check. No links to evidence that might support their nonsense? Check and check.

So, just a typical Brexiteer drive by shit-post. Move along people, nothing to see here.
    Britain moved to 5th largest economy in the world some months ago.

The zero tariff agreement between UK and EU that was made a few days ago does nothing but bolster the UK economy.

The UK has successfully agreed many RoW trade deals in the past couple of months.

UK house prices are skyrocketing at exponential rates.

My own house is gaining value at a rate of about £15k per year. It's INSANE.

UK economy is getting stronger and stronger.

Which part of this do you think is lies?

Literally the ONLY lie on this whole scenario was the left wing drizzle saying the UK economy would collapse.

What a bunch of liars the left wing economists are. USELESS people that are a waste of space.