View Poll Results: 10 days left, what'll it be?

Voters
92. This poll is closed
  • Hard Brexit (crash out)

45 48.91%
  • No Brexit (Remain by revoking A50)

24 26.09%
  • Withdrawal Agreement (after a new session is called)

0 0%
  • Extension + Withdrawal Agreement

3 3.26%
  • Extension + Crashout

9 9.78%
  • Extension + Remain

11 11.96%
    Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    Eh? With important UK elections this week I don't have time to create 17 accounts on mmoc, how do you know it's not new different potential posters? People ever increasingly and consistently vote in their millions in affirmation of our historic Brexit decision, anybody who views this forum casually from the UK are more likely now to be Brexit supporters than they were at the time of the referendum as will be evidenced this Thursday.

All eyes on the wise people of Hartlepool at the by-election as they give their verdict on Boris's handling of Brexit, it's a seat Labour have never lost before. I'm calling it now. Well done Boris the people if not the UK media are with you, enjoy your new wallpaper, keep up the good work and thank you for Brexit from a grateful nation for getting it done as you promised.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/148432...l-by-election/

Brick by brick the red wall crumbles, and any chance of rejoining the EU vanishes into an obscure fringe UK viewpoint.
    So you've completely given up on providing a single fucking piece of evidence of the benefits of Brexit, and you've fallen back on the "people still think it's brilliant, so it must be". Pathetic.

Covid is still offering a smoke-screen for you at the moment, but as the old saying has it "this too shall pass". And when it does, and when the ramifications of Brexit (and Brexit alone) become clearer, there are going to be a LOT more people who will recognise the position of people like you for the idiocy it is. Sadly there will be precious little satisfaction in saying "I told you so" at that point, because you would have fucked the country for all of us. I can only hope that karma is really a thing.
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    I sure am glad that *checks name* the KGB is here to tell me how great Brexit is.

Nah, because of how we're doing with vaccines, that totally makes us the best, because it has apparently wiped out how we handled the virus in the first place, and all those deaths.
    Yeah, it’s pathetic how fast people forget Boris’ terrible covid handling. Thanks for the letting it run rampant, setting a good stage for mutations Boris.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crispin View Post
    Yeah, it’s pathetic how fast people forget Boris’ terrible covid handling. Thanks for the letting it run rampant, setting a good stage for mutations Boris.
    Ahem, time for a factcheck on that. If Boris handled covid terribly what does that say about your Ursula? Good job we left when we did and weren't part of her EMA procurement disaster, Brexit saved 1000's of UK lives.

13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

15+ Year Old Account
    Ahem, time for a factcheck on that. If Boris handled covid terribly what does that say about your Ursula? Good job we left when we did and weren't part of her EMA procurement disaster, Brexit saved 1000's of UK lives.
    That's a huge relief for the 127k that have died to covid in the UK.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Seeing as you are still in the top of deaths per million, within the European continent, that would indicate that it might be under control now, but there certainly was a period where it wasn't.

Oh and also since that was posted, you've literally doubled your 7-day rolling average deaths per million, so guess Boris is slipping up?
    Formerly Howeller, lost my account.

The EU countries are sovereign and don't answer to Ursula. They can also influence the EU policies.

If we look at the total the uk is leading; we will see at the summer.

https://ourworldindata.org/explorers...+Union~FRA~DEU

I see the lying cunts at FACTS4EU are still up to their tricks. This is why they should have been sued into oblivion for the lies the propagated through the Brexit campaign, to actually prevent them from continuing to try and sway the hard of thinking. Other people have already posted corrections to this wildly misleading pile of shit you've chosen to share with us, so I won't bother repeating them. Safe to say that the UK damage of Covid is comfortably worse than the EU suffered, and much of it was down to the amateurish and pathetic initial response of the man-child who took us out of the EU.

Once again you are proving what we know about Brexit; you can't offer any actual benefits so you're reduced to sharing lies and distortions to try and show it in a good light. No doubt you'll shortly be sharing the "wonderful" deal we've just signed with India, while ignoring the fact that we could have happily done that within the EU anyway.

I'd be interested to hear what the average Brexit voter thinks about a deal that means even more Indians coming over here to work. Didn't see that one on the side of a bus.
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

I really do not think you should be comparing e-peens regarding Covid deaths and vaccinations. EU is behind in vaccinations, regardless, and will stay behind for some more time still. It is what it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Easo View Post
    I really do not think you should be comparing e-peens regarding Covid deaths and vaccinations. EU is behind in vaccinations, regardless, and will stay behind for some more time still. It is what it is.
    Agreed, the tone of the discussion leaves a sour aftertaste and while some people are psychopaths and want to see death and suffering for their own personal entertainment, we don't have to engage that sort of discussion, as tempting as it may be due to the readily available statistics on the topic.

In good news, the vaccinations are happening closer and closer in the circles around me, so we'll get there this summer. Hopefully by the end of summer we're through the worst of this and can look towards a better situation.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Everyone expected a bounce back but not that high, will be very interesting to see if that 7,25 is right.

Let's hope the shitty virus goes away for good.

https://news.sky.com/story/covid-19-...ahead-12298247

Literally nothing to do with Brexit. In fact, the only mention of Brexit on that entire page is this:

This belongs, as ever, in the COVID-19 thread.
    Well, there are covid comparisons going on all over the place, don't forget to get those moved as well.

Thanks

Literally nothing to do with Brexit. In fact, the only mention of Brexit on that entire page is this:

This belongs, as ever, in the COVID-19 thread.
    this is basically the UK politics thread to be fair same way that the trump or biden threads are.

voting today before we are invaded and have to speak french

Can't change the title. Mods have to do that, and we're still discussing the aftereffects of Brexit. If the interest vanes, this thread needs to die. If people want to talk about UK politics that aren't related to Brexit, they should probably make a new thread for that.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jonnysensible View Post
    this is basically the UK politics thread to be fair same way that the trump or biden threads are.

voting today before we are invaded and have to speak french

I assume you are referring to this?

The man, seen standing at Elizabeth Castle this morning aimed his musket at the open water. The sight of dozens of French fishing vessels approaching a harbour in Jersey in a Brexit protest as flares shot up into the sky has been described as looking "like an invasion".

https://www.express.co.uk/news/polit...ts-blockade-vn

They waved the white flags to our militiamen, invasion over, and were off! I think the Anglosphere and your English is safe...

13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

I assume you are referring to this?
    He's not because he's not retarded.

Eh? With important UK elections this week I don't have time to create 17 accounts on mmoc, how do you know it's not new different potential posters? People ever increasingly and consistently vote in their millions in affirmation of our historic Brexit decision, anybody who views this forum casually from the UK are more likely now to be Brexit supporters than they were at the time of the referendum as will be evidenced this Thursday.

All eyes on the wise people of Hartlepool at the by-election as they give their verdict on Boris's handling of Brexit, it's a seat Labour have never lost before. I'm calling it now. Well done Boris the people if not the UK media are with you, enjoy your new wallpaper, keep up the good work and thank you for Brexit from a grateful nation for getting it done as you promised.
    Nope, correlation does not imply causation.

This sort of talk is outdated and only works on people who are a bit dim, come on Dribbles up your game!

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    Agreed, the tone of the discussion leaves a sour aftertaste and while some people are psychopaths and want to see death and suffering for their own personal entertainment, we don't have to engage that sort of discussion, as tempting as it may be due to the readily available statistics on the topic.

In good news, the vaccinations are happening closer and closer in the circles around me, so we'll get there this summer. Hopefully by the end of summer we're through the worst of this and can look towards a better situation.
    Yeah, same. Here in Baltics we are finally seeing big deliveries now that the manufacturers have finally fixed the problems they had and the percentages across Europe overall are going up quite fast. Should be OKayish at the end of June.

Oh the joy in knowing that you realise it's a spin, when taking it from such a misrepresenting website as you do. Well either that, or you're as ignorant as you seem.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crispin View Post
    Oh the joy in knowing that you realise it's a spin, when taking it from such a misrepresenting website as you do. Well either that, or you're as ignorant as you seem.
    I don't know how they fudged the data, but I'm going to assume just adding the EU data together?

So if Germany has 0.1 deaths per million and France has 0.3 deaths per million, they'd represent that as 0.4 deaths per million? Obviously I don't know the real numbers, they're just an example

Quote Originally Posted by Temp name View Post
    I don't know how they fudged the data, but I'm going to assume just adding the EU data together?
    No, they did it by only comparing the latest 7 days.

That's why I wrote:
    Quote Originally Posted by Forogil View Post
    If we look at the total the uk is leading; we will see at the summer.
    (You can go back and see the entire plots.)

However, when it comes to covid-vaccination the uk is instead using the total. as the EU and the uk are now about about even in terms of vaccinations per capita during the last week. (Strange how stopping the AZ vaccine exports to the uk that weren't planned at all and couldn't be stopped due to a superior iron-clad contract according to uk officials, increased the vaccination rate in the EU and decreased it in the uk.)
    And clearly not comparing with individual countries, since the country in Europe that has the highest total percentage of covid-vaccinations is now a small Island nation with English as official language and is part of the EU (and world-wide third behind Israel and UAE).
    Last edited by Forogil; 2021-05-07 at 11:06 AM.