View Poll Results: 10 days left, what'll it be?

Voters
92. This poll is closed
  • Hard Brexit (crash out)

45 48.91%
  • No Brexit (Remain by revoking A50)

24 26.09%
  • Withdrawal Agreement (after a new session is called)

0 0%
  • Extension + Withdrawal Agreement

3 3.26%
  • Extension + Crashout

9 9.78%
  • Extension + Remain

11 11.96%
    Quote Originally Posted by Iliena View Post
    Good job Dribbles, I was about to reply to each point individually but decided I best read all of it first, did you?
    You're funny. He never does. Headlines and whatever tidbit happens to support his crazy, that's about all he can manage.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    You're funny. He never does. Headlines and whatever tidbit happens to support his crazy, that's about all he can manage.
    It's usually not even that. It's usually a headline that he thinks supports his point (when it actually doesn't) followed by an article that actively undermines whatever point he was trying to make.

That's why it's so confusing to me. Most of what he posts reads like someone satirising what a Brexiteer would be like. So either he's running the longest troll con-job in history, or he actually is that lacking in self-awareness. It feels like a coin-flip at this point.
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

I used to think he was LARP'ing as a Daily Mail comment section poster!

Now I'm not so sure, looking at the link in his sig his obsession with Brexit seems unhealthy tbh.

I actually wasted part of my life reading that article dribbles linked. Fuck me that is an unending pile of nonsense. I can see why it resonated with him. Misrepresentations piled on untruths piled on hyperbole. But he's preaching to the choir of Daily Mail readers that will lap that shit up while applying no reasoning skills to it. Know your audience, I guess.
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

As a UK citizen, all i know is Project Fear was the biggest bull shitters of them all.

Boris Johnson even fulfilled his promise with all that extra money to the NHS which has seen the most money in its entire history.

The UK is doing perfectly fine after Brexit.

Quote Originally Posted by mortgyes View Post
    As a UK citizen, all i know is Project Fear was the biggest bull shitters of them all.

Boris Johnson even fulfilled his promise with all that extra money to the NHS which has seen the most money in its entire history.

When you talk about all the money the NHS is getting, are you including the £30bn for "test and trace" that was effectively spaffed up against the wall? Because I'm not sure that counts.

So sure, lots of money for PPE for the pandemic that got poured into their mates pockets to little effect. Not much money for actual doctors and nurses. And certainly not anywhere near the £350m a week that they talked about.

And I see your "the UK is doing fine, with literally zero evidence" and raise you the dozens of linked stories in this thread showing the real problems we are having. I'd ask if there's any danger of you providing evidence, but there's no point. You don't have any, you are working purely on "feels".

You are free to feel however you like about it if it helps you sleep at night.

But if you want everybody else to get onboard with it you need to find some creditable proof, "all I know" isn't.

Project Fear? Oh, you mean the Brexit campaign.

25-75% less exporters of food and whiskey wants a chat with you.

You are free to feel however you like about it if it helps you sleep at night.

But if you want everybody else to get onboard with it you need to find some creditable proof, "all I know" isn't.
    I don't need anybody to get on board.

It's you who needs people to get on board with the "UK is burning" rhetoric.

I don't know a single person who has suffered in any way shape or form due to Brexit.

My personal life and circumstance has actually gotten better.

I don't know a single person who has suffered in any way shape or form due to Brexit.

You don't know any fishermen then. Or any farmers. Or any steel-workers. You don't know anyone running any kind of food outlet. Or anyone running entertainment related industry. You don't know any musicians. You don't know anyone from Northern Ireland. You don't know anyone working for the NHS. You don't know anyone from the travel and tourism industry (or you might, and the damage is being masked by Covid at the moment). You don't know anyone in our Universities. You don't know anyone in our Finance industry.

And that's just off the top of my head. Fuck me, that's an awful lot of people that you don't know. I'd almost go so far as to say that the possibility that you don't know anyone in any of those groups is vanishingly small. I'd almost go so far as to say that you're a fucking liar. Either you do know these people, and you don't care that they're hurting or you're so self-serving and myopic that you can't see the damage around you.

Nobody gives a shit if one little self-serving Brexiteer has managed to somehow improve his life in spite of Brexit and the pandemic. The rest of us with empathy actually care about the people around us, and don't see personal improvement while the country hurts as a good thing. There's a quote that is very appropriate for you people; "when you wear rose-coloured glasses, all the red flags just look like flags". So cheer away at all those fluttering flags around you, and keep telling yourself that it's going well. The rest of us know it isn't. And it's going to get worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Huehuecoyotl View Post
    You don't know any fishermen then. Or any farmers. Or any steel-workers. You don't know anyone running any kind of food outlet. Or anyone running entertainment related industry. You don't know any musicians. You don't know anyone from Northern Ireland. You don't know anyone working for the NHS. You don't know anyone from the travel and tourism industry (or you might, and the damage is being masked by Covid at the moment). You don't know anyone in our Universities. You don't know anyone in our Finance industry.

And that's just off the top of my head. Fuck me, that's an awful lot of people that you don't know. I'd almost go so far as to say that the possibility that you don't know anyone in any of those groups is vanishingly small. I'd almost go so far as to say that you're a fucking liar. Either you do know these people, and you don't care that they're hurting or you're so self-serving and myopic that you can't see the damage around you.

Nobody gives a shit if one little self-serving Brexiteer has managed to somehow improve his life in spite of Brexit and the pandemic. The rest of us with empathy actually care about the people around us, and don't see personal improvement while the country hurts as a good thing. There's a quote that is very appropriate for you people; "when you wear rose-coloured glasses, all the red flags just look like flags". So cheer away at all those fluttering flags around you, and keep telling yourself that it's going well. The rest of us know it isn't. And it's going to get worse.
    Do you know them?

Quote Originally Posted by Huehuecoyotl View Post

You don't know any failed fishermen or anyone else either.

I pay my taxes, i have a family to provide for.

The fact you think I'm a less important citizen than anyone else in the UK is why you fail.

PS - i do know farmers, and they are all doing great aswell. The UK government provides great support to our farmers. We don't need EU money for that, we have our own.

You stated things as fact but said zero in response when challenged about details in the data you yourself linked, so I will ask again how can things better when the GDP is down by 5.9%?

Huehuecoyotl gives details of broader issues and how it affects many UK industries, just because everything looks great in your little part of the world don't think for a minute its the same for everybody else in the UK.

I have personally suffered I can't get a spare part for my Beyerdynamic headphone's but they wont post spares to the UK from Germany after Brexit, my sister got stung for customs duty on something she didn't realise was coming from the EU, Neither are the end of the world, but 2 easy examples that wouldn't have been issues before Brexit.

Note you are the only one saying "UK is burning" and whats up with the "do you think you are better than me?" tone?

You stated things as fact but said zero in response when challenged about details in the data you yourself linked, so I will ask again how can things better when the GDP is down by 5.9%?

Huehuecoyotl gives details of broader issues and how it affects many UK industries, just because everything looks great in your little part of the world don't think for a minute its the same for everybody else in the UK.

I have personally suffered I can't get a spare part for my Beyerdynamic headphone's but they wont post spares to the UK from Germany after Brexit, my sister got stung for customs duty on something she didn't realise was coming from the EU, Neither are the end of the world, but 2 easy examples that wouldn't have been issues before Brexit.

Note you are the only one saying "UK is burning" and whats up with the "do you think you are better than me?" tone?
    Every country GDP is down due to covid.

I already explained this to you.

When you normalise covid across countries, the UK GDP has increased which is why it went from 6th largest economy to 5th.

Brexit has shielded the UK from covid GDP loss.

And I'm merely defending myself from someone who said I don't matter.

But you didn't have the capabilities to understand that either.

I'm sorry SOME are suffering because of Brexit, but there were also SOME that suffered when the UK joined the EU and there are also SOME that are doing better because of Brexit.

Open border free movement caused plenty of UK tax paying tradesmen to have failed businesses due to lots of Polish and Turkish people working cash in hand jobs.

Not a mention or shit given to the UK worker in that situation, and since i was affected by that, not surprising i voted Brexit.

Industries doing better or worse isn't exclusive to Brexit either, any political change causes shifts in the economy.
    Last edited by mortgyes; 2021-06-24 at 11:18 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    When you normalise covid across countries, the UK GDP has increased which is why it went from 6th largest economy to 5th.
    Uh, I want to see how my country did, please provide numbers that normalise covid impact across countries.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

More bold claims with nothing to back it up, for the last time of asking were is your proof that "Brexit has shielded the UK from covid GDP loss"?

15+ Year Old Account
    Open border free movement caused plenty of UK tax paying tradesmen to have failed businesses due to lots of Polish and Turkish people working cash in hand jobs.
    You didn't have open border free movement, the UK never was part of Schengen. Every problem that came with foreigners working jobs cheaper or cash in hand was a problem the UK could've easily fixed themselves.
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    You didn't have open border free movement, the UK never was part of Schengen. Every problem that came with foreigners working jobs cheaper or cash in hand was a problem the UK could've easily fixed themselves.
    We did fix it ourselves.

We voted Brexit, then Conservatives.

And now Priti Patel is helping manage borders correctly.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    Uh, I want to see how my country did, please provide numbers that normalise covid impact across countries.
    Sure.

Which country are you from.

15+ Year Old Account
    We did fix it ourselves.

We voted Brexit, then Conservatives.

And now Priti Patel is helping manage borders correctly.
    Ok, what part of "you didn't need Brexit for that" don't you get?

Sure.

Which country are you from.
    Austria