View Poll Results: 10 days left, what'll it be?

Voters
92. This poll is closed
  • Hard Brexit (crash out)

45 48.91%
  • No Brexit (Remain by revoking A50)

24 26.09%
  • Withdrawal Agreement (after a new session is called)

0 0%
  • Extension + Withdrawal Agreement

3 3.26%
  • Extension + Crashout

9 9.78%
  • Extension + Remain

11 11.96%
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Forogil View Post
    And now the claim is that the problems have nothing to do with brexit.

A few months back the claim was:
    It's the modus operandi, everything bad ever was the EU's fault, regardless if it was always and ever the responsibility of each country and everything good was because of Brexit and if it turns out to be bad it's either suddenly irrelevant or ridiculous to blame it on Brexit.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Quote Originally Posted by AHTOLWCT View Post
    This is single handedly the funniest response I've ever seen.

Firstly you blame covid on the Brexiteers.

I then gave a sarcastic response regarding Israel.

And you went on to blame Brexiteers for that too.

Haha, looney left doesn't even come close to describing your IQ which makes even a plank of wood look like Einstein.

You guys are utterly brainwashed by the left wing indoctrination articles you read.

Anything else you want to blame Brexiteers for? My abs could do with another workout.

Fucking hilarious.

Conservatives are in power for another 20 years with voters of your calibre supporting the opposition.

LOL !!
    Wow, childish insults. I honestly can't begin to imagine how you got banned from here. I was going to respond further, but your posts will vanish again like the morning mists. And you'll be back again to spout more of your unwanted nonsense. I just hope you keep coming back until the veneer of Brexit support cracks. You're going to need help when your faith fails you, and despite everything I'd like to try and help when it does.
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

When did the false idea that only left-wingers oppose brexit start?

So you're saying the bad EU vaccination deployment was because of the EU hospital administration?

That's some screwed up logic you have.
    No, that's not what I'm saying. That's some screwed up logic you have.

What I'm saying is that the credit for the UK's vaccine roll-out is not owed to the brexiteer politicians in Westminster and Whitehall.

Literally no response any of you left wingers give changes reality.

House prices are rising here in the UK faster than an Usain Bolt 100m sprint, the price of consumer spending power is rising faster than inflation and our quality of life is either the same or has gotten better since Brexit.

There is literally no response you can give that changes these end results facts.

I laugh at all the attempts you extremists provide to try and convince me my life quality is worse since Brexit.

You literally can't unless your name is Dr Strange. Because the only way you can do that is to physically alter reality.
    Shall we focus on just one of your "facts"? Consumer spending power is rising faster than inflation. Care to share your source for that? Because the last official figures for household income are for the period ending April 2020. So not really relevant. Considering that the latest RPI figure is 2.1%, and likely to rise as food (and other) prices go up, we'd need a pretty large increase in spending power to beat that. Especially bearing in mind that a lot of people are still furloughed.

As for house prices; I'd suggest you talk to someone that doesn't own a house and see how they feel about that. Because for everyone that owns one house or fewer, it really means nothing if the value goes up. If you're lucky enough to own two or more, then it's great for you. But 99% of the country aren't in that position. For them, increasing prices are either irrelevant or just pushing the unlikely dream of home-ownership further away. Not really a great thing for the average person.

But your last sentence there is telling; for all the talk before about the UK doing well, in the end your focus come back to "I'm alright Jack". You say "my life quality" as though that's the only thing that counts. Those of us that aren't sociopaths care about how the rest of society is doing, rather than just us. And large swathes of them are struggling, and are going to get worse.
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

Quote Originally Posted by Butler to Baby Sloths View Post
    No, that's not what I'm saying. That's some screwed up logic you have.
    You are talking to someone who thinks moderators posts replies here on alts, instead of banning obvious ban-evaders, basically someone who is a dozen short of a six-pack :-)

On a wholly different note, the UK's post-brexit handling of Coronavirus is going so well that UEFA has cancelled tickets of English fans, which were purchased after the 28th June, who looking to watch the quarter-final match in Rome. The Italian government is worried that an influx of England fans could trigger a new wave of Coronavirus infections in Italy, and new arrivals after the 28th would not have enough time to complete the 5 day quarantine before the match.

https://tg24.sky.it/sport/2021/07/01...i-inglesi-roma

But isn't the UK's response the best in Europe Mr Ban Evader?
    Last edited by Butler to Baby Sloths; 2021-07-01 at 10:24 PM.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    I think this refers more to police work than NATO. And there is plenty of additional cooperation outside of NATO that can be done (and is being done amongst European nations, think of the French/German Brigade).
    Was mostly pointing out how the brexiteers who used this issue absolutely missed that it was a security issue and outside of the purview of the EU.
    - Lars

Quote Originally Posted by Muzjhath View Post
    Was mostly pointing out how the brexiteers who used this issue absolutely missed that it was a security issue and outside of the purview of the EU.
    I mean, they thought the UK's deal with Japan was a better one than the EU got...

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler to Baby Sloths View Post
    I mean, they thought the UK's deal with Japan was a better one than the EU got...
    Oh, I know. But at least that was a trade deal. So it was in the ballpark.

This is in the parkinglot of the bank on the other side of town.
    - Lars

Quote Originally Posted by Muzjhath View Post
    Yeah, you're right. I'm just adding that this isn't exactly a new thing, or anything worth mentioning. But Brexiteers have to sell anything as a win these days, they got fuck all to show for all the pompous posturing.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    House prices are rising here in the UK faster than an Usain Bolt 100m sprint
    I'm not sure why you people think this a good thing when you spend the other half of your time complaining about homeless people, but okay. Yay, more empty residences owned by investment bankers in China while the homeless rate spikes!

Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

I only think of this because I'm watching Clarkson's Farm, but he certainly isn't a lefty (right?) and he opposed brexit. Can't be the only one I'm guessing.

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    I'm not sure why you people think this a good thing when you spend the other half of your time complaining about homeless people, but okay. Yay, more empty residences owned by investment bankers in China while the homeless rate spikes!

Hell I guess people think it's a good thing because in their mind more their house is worth the richer they are. But it fails to take into account that as the price of their house increases so does everyone else's.

In essence the house is still just worth one house. All it does is make it so people not on the market just can't get on and are stuck renting for life or just can't move out from parents home even if they're working full time because the market is pricing them out of both buying or renting.

Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    Hell I guess people think it's a good thing because in their mind more their house is worth the richer they are. But it fails to take into account that as the price of their house increases so does everyone else's.

In essence the house is still just worth one house. All it does is make it so people not on the market just can't get on and are stuck renting for life or just can't move out from parents home even if they're working full time because the market is pricing them out of both buying or renting.
    Yeah never really seen house pricing as a sane benchmark for “omg things are great”. It comes with severeal issues.

Not even sure why it’s in a brexit thread, house prices are rising in the EU aswell. But I guess that's brexit for you. Idiot brexiteers cheering anything they see a win.

Quote Originally Posted by Crispin View Post
    Yeah never really seen house pricing as a sane benchmark for “omg things are great”. It comes with severeal issues.

Not even sure why it’s in a brexit thread, house prices are rising in the EU aswell. But I guess that's brexit for you. Idiot brexiteers cheering anything they see a win.
    Yeah it's fucking stupid. They've taken as a win the match against Germany. (aka beating the worst German team since 2000). This Australian deal which maximum adds 0.02% to Britain's gdp but more likely will price out uk farms. Some moving of naval ships off the Channel Islands.

It's like Trumpism but stupider.

10+ Year Old Account
    This Australian deal which maximum adds 0.02% to Britain's gdp
    Over 15 years or something too.. At that point it's basically a rounding error

In essence the house is still just worth one house.
    That was the point I was making to him earlier; for anyone with one house or fewer, the value of their home increasing is actually meaningless. Which means the only people genuinely happy about it are those with 2 or more houses. What proportion of the country is that? Everyone else is either neutral if they already own a home, or increasingly fucked if they don't.

Either he's lucky enough to be in the very rich minority of the country (unlikely based on the quality of his posts) or he just doesn't understand the implications of the things he's trumpeting as good news (very likely based on his posts).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by RHPUTBMBNN View Post
    The reason I don't give a shit is because left wingers keep saying that "there's no such thing as overpopulation".

And that adding more people to an area is "good for the economy".

This is LEFT WING ideology.
    What. The. Actual. Fuck. I've heard of strawmen, but this is something else. None of that is in any way linked to "left wing ideology". It just isn't. I can't understand how you could have got there. You're tilting at straw windmills that you've built for yourself.

I'm quoting this because I want to keep it after your posts get deleted. Honestly I want to put it in my signature. It is so hilariously wrong, so fundamentally deranged on a basic level, that it should be taught in schools as a lesson in what happens when you get angry at something that doesn't exist. There's no point even trying to argue with it, because it's the equivalent of standing up in a debate and saying that the sky is made of purple grass.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Says the person that blames the Covid pandemic on "BREXITEERS".
    Except he didn't. And if you could read you'd know that.
    He blames the horrible handling of Covid within the UK on brexiteers. As those make up the government. There is a difference.
    - Lars

10+ Year Old Account
    Looks to me like a legitimate reason for the UK not to need to bail out the EU with all our vaccination supplies
    Ha ha, it's so funny because people are catching a deadly illness that will likely leave them with lifelong health impacts that will end up costing you more tax money to deal with down the line! /s

Hey I guess that nonexistent NHS money you clawed back from the EU will come in handy, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.