View Poll Results: 10 days left, what'll it be?

Voters
92. This poll is closed
  • Hard Brexit (crash out)

45 48.91%
  • No Brexit (Remain by revoking A50)

24 26.09%
  • Withdrawal Agreement (after a new session is called)

0 0%
  • Extension + Withdrawal Agreement

3 3.26%
  • Extension + Crashout

9 9.78%
  • Extension + Remain

11 11.96%
    Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    Brexit benefit no 7, ty.

UK Wages are increasing significantly thanks to Brexit limiting the supply of uncontrolled unskilled labour from the EU. Even our dear NHS workers have been offered a very generous 3% wage rise this year, for which I'm sure they are very grateful.
    I'm sure they'll be very happy with a 3% payrise when food costs go up between 5 and 10% because of the shortage in HGV drivers that Brexit has helped to cause.

Hell, last I looked RPI was over 3% so this is an effective pay cut. Even the governments fiddled adjusted CPI figure is knocking on the door of 3% already and rising sharply.

More nonsense "benefits" from you. Laughable.
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

Quote Originally Posted by sircaw View Post
    I would agree with you if it was like a one-off, i do recall another act of malice taking place not too long ago.

It's sad to think this kind of pettiness is happening all the time, in many different forms.

At the end of the day, both sides really do need to be more pragmatic, its disturbing how they have both acted over the last few years.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...ritish-drivers
    So your complaint is that the EU are enforcing rules that are part of the deal that the UK signed up to? Or are you complaining that the drivers weren't properly informed by the UK government that this would happen?

Not sure how any of this is the fault of the EU. They don't want any contaminated food products entering their trade zone. They do that with all third party countries, and we're just another one of those now.
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

Quote Originally Posted by Huehuecoyotl View Post
    So your complaint is that the EU are enforcing rules that are part of the deal that the UK signed up to? Or are you complaining that the drivers weren't properly informed by the UK government that this would happen?

Not sure how any of this is the fault of the EU. They don't want any contaminated food products entering their trade zone. They do that with all third party countries, and we're just another one of those now.
    No no no, stop with your rubbish. Removing someone's lunch is petty and vindictive.

It's got fuck all to do with "contaminated food", you know it and I know it.

No no no, stop with your rubbish. Removing someone's lunch is petty and vindictive.

Not telling people that they aren't allowed to take food through customs any more because of Brexit is certainly petty and vindictive. Why wouldn't our government warn the poor drivers that this would happen? Did they not understand the deal they were signing up to? Or did they simply not care about what it would mean for the poor drivers?

We need to know which it is. Certainly no fault of the EU; they can't choose which parts of the deal that they signed with the UK they choose to enforce. That would certainly be unfair.

7+ Year Old Account

If the glue that holds the EU together is threatened by a UK lorry drivers M&S prawn sandwich for lunch, Farage is wrong when he says there will be no EU in 10 years.

I'd give it 5.
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

If the glue that holds the EU together is threatened by a UK lorry drivers M&S prawn sandwich for lunch, Farage is wrong when he says there will be no EU in 10 years.

I'd give it 5.
    i mean the whole world is watching them and the insane, nasty, petty way they are acting, hopefully, they will have some self-reflection on the way they are acting but I seriously doubt it.

Luckily there is a whole world out there to trade with.

it is a bit sad to see people on this forum trying to defend the way the EU is acting, Everyone can see how petty it is, except here, there seems to be some serious Stockholm syndrome going on here with some of the UK folk around here. They would rather see their own country burn than call out bad behavior. ITs a very strange one.

But it does not really matter, the world is a big place, with lots of markets that are emerging. Let's get trading with them.
    I'm pretty sure you were one of the people on here cheering on the UK taking back control of their borders, a central plank of the whole Brexit concept. Yet apparently you have an issue when the EU do the same thing. But then hypocrisy and Brexiteers tend to go hand in hand.

Quote Originally Posted by Huehuecoyotl View Post
    I'm pretty sure you were one of the people on here cheering on the UK taking back control of their borders, a central plank of the whole Brexit concept. Yet apparently you have an issue when the EU do the same thing. But then hypocrisy and Brexiteers tend to go hand in hand.
    nope, your wrong, and it's not surprising you would see it from that view, you and many others of your ilk want to make sure the UK is punished for having the audacity to split from the EU, your lack of logical thought on this one is very evident to be seen.

If the UK started "taking lunch of people" a Marks and spencers fucking prawn sandwich no less, i would be fucking appalled at that behavior, its nothing more than being vindictive.

I understand you want the UK to fail, but come on, this is not a good look at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    nope, your wrong, and it's not surprising you would see it from that view, you and many others of your ilk want to make sure the UK is punished for having the audacity to split from the EU, your lack of logical thought on this one is very evident to be seen.
    "We support sovereignty and taking control of your borders, just not in a way that negatively impacts us."

Obvious hypocrisy is obvious. No one forced you into a third party negotiating position but yourselves, and I doubt anyone is going to have sympathy for y'all when that was motivated almost entirely by xenophobia. See: how we can barely get a few posts without someone complaining about immigration.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    "We support sovereignty and taking control of your borders, just not in a way that negatively impacts us."

Obvious hypocrisy is obvious. No one forced you into a third party negotiating position but yourselves.
    Nope, taking away someone's lunch, its nasty and petty, end of the story.

Fingers crossed we don't start doing it to eu citizens that come to the UK.

Its a pathetic way to operate.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nope, taking away someone's lunch, its nasty and petty, end of the story.
    So is fucking over a good half of your country and blowing up a mutually beneficial relationship based on entirely fictional concerns masking what is fundamentally a xenophobic position.

Exactly what sympathy do you think remains to be fished out of the pond you've been pissing in for the past five years?

Fingers crossed we don't start doing it to eu citizens that come to the UK.
    You already treat them like shit, bruh, wouldn't make much of a change. Lol.
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

So is fucking over a good half of your country and blowing up a mutually beneficial relationship based on entirely fictional concerns masking what is fundamentally a xenophobic position.

Exactly what sympathy do you think remains to be fished out of the pond you've been pissing in for the past five years?
    If you don't like Democracy, move to China or North Korea,

10+ Year Old Account
    If you don't like Democracy
    The British government isn't democratic, you literally have a chamber full of aristocrats and a highly unrepresentative electoral system. Try again.

Also noticing you're not denying the toxic attitude y'all have been putting on display regarding foreigners.

The British government isn't democratic, you literally have a chamber full of aristocrats and a highly unrepresentative electoral system. Try again.
    The vote was held, people voted for Brexit, its not a hard concept to understand.

You need to move on, your side lost.

10+ Year Old Account
    We have moved on: it's you lot that keep reneging on your arrangements and complaining about the position you chose. Lol.

No one cares about your sandwiches.

You might no care, but there are alot that do.

Shame on the Eu, end of story.

The vote was held, people voted for Brexit, its not a hard concept to understand.

The UK signed a Brexit deal, the EU are implementing that deal. It's not a hard concept to understand.

You need to move on, rather than moaning about how a deal that your crew signed actually functions.

7+ Year Old Account
    If you don't like Democracy, move to China or North Korea,
    Or the EU. This is what is so hard to understand, people who wanted to remain in the EU could have just moved there, they had 5 years notice of Brexit to arrange it. Is there a reason they didn't? Even now its still very possible, Portugal only requires a passive income of less than £7k a year for a D7 visa and for Ireland you can move there with diddly squat.

Why do UK resident eurofans not just go? I know if I loved the EU as much as they seem to I would...
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

10+ Year Old Account
    You might no care, but there are alot that do.
    No, there aren't. There are plenty of countries that won't let you bring undocumented foodstuffs from overseas (yes, even sandwiches. See: Australia) and have done so for years - this sort of policy is not novel and is entirely within the EU's right to exercise against a third party.

You want the privileges of the common market without helping contribute to its upkeep and it's very readily apparent, end of story. Lol.

Or the EU. This is what is so hard to understand, people who wanted to remain in the EU could have just moved there
    They are, it's one of the reasons why y'all have had your largest population decline since World War II. Lol.

Or the EU. This is what is so hard to understand, people who wanted to remain in the EU could have just moved there, they had 5 years notice of Brexit to arrange it. Is there a reason they didn't? Even now its still very possible, Portugal only requires a passive income of less than £7k a year for a D7 visa and for Ireland you can move there with diddly squat.

Why do UK resident eurofans not just go? I know if I loved the EU as much as they seem to I would...
    It's crazy innit, they live in one of the best multi-cultural countries in the world, and yet they are constantly trying to bring it to the ground. It reminds me of Yasmin brown, the political commentary lady that i sometimes see on Jeremy vine and channel 4 news, she is always hating on the UK haha,

Its kinda Like what Elegiac is about , i mean he/she was trying to constantly shift the conversation onto racism for some reason, the UK are racists etc, i mean, watching someone trying to manipulate a discussion that is going badly for them, to the old everything is racist angle is really sad.

Yer, we are leaving the EU, a predominantly white market, in the hope of opening up more links with the rest of the world, asia, India, Africa, yer sooooo racist. Straight out of the typical leftest handbook.

Sometime i wish these haters would move to another country.