View Poll Results: 10 days left, what'll it be?

Voters
92. This poll is closed
  • Hard Brexit (crash out)

45 48.91%
  • No Brexit (Remain by revoking A50)

24 26.09%
  • Withdrawal Agreement (after a new session is called)

0 0%
  • Extension + Withdrawal Agreement

3 3.26%
  • Extension + Crashout

9 9.78%
  • Extension + Remain

11 11.96%
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    Hang on let me check the bus.

Well that picture aged like milk.
    That bus has lived rent free in remainers heads since 2016, at the time it was designed to drive you crazy by the architect and it's still doing so now 5 years later.

Dominic Cummings says Vote Leave £350m slogan drove Remainers crazy

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/poli...s-b946817.html

It was very very clever cos all people could talk about was how much EU membership cost the UK. Maybe it wasn't £350 million a week, remainers were forced to scream from the rooftops no its hardly 200 million in refute. And you know what stuck in peoples minds at the referendum? We send the EU 100's of millions a week, we'd be better off out.

It swung the referendum for us so thanks for that as expected reaction. Too late for bitterness now we're out, you should have been intelligent enough to see through the trap we brexiteers set at the time.
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    -snip-
    That's nice dear, but bragging about being good at lying won't get you back all the pounds you wasted on Brexit. Lul.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

7+ Year Old Account
    That's nice dear, but bragging about being good at lying won't get you back all the pounds you wasted on Brexit. Lul.
    You can't put a price on sovereignty, one man's waste is anothers treasure. Thank you for all the treasure.
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

10+ Year Old Account
    -snip-
    Again, y'all are doing an awful lot of complaining about the EU exercising its sovereignty despite being ostensibly thrilled.

Besides, why should we believe someone that admits to being proud of selling a lie?
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

7+ Year Old Account
    Again, y'all are doing an awful lot of complaining about the EU exercising its sovereignty despite being ostensibly thrilled.

Besides, why should we believe someone that admits to being proud of selling a lie?
    We sold your gullibility, you were used as a means to an end. Thanks for that! Try not to fall for it next time :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Try not to fall for it next time
    We aren't, that's why your lorry drivers don't get to keep their sandwiches.

Womp womp.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because the UK should be the only one allowed to exercise sovereignty, all others should be subservient to the glorious UK empire and how *DARE* you suggest otherwise?

Also, complaining that a man trying to smuggle in illegal goods gets to continue on his day only losing the illegal goods and facing no other punishment just because said illegal goods happen to be his lunch is ridiculous.
    He didn't have the paperwork saying he could import it, so it was destroyed, like any other potentially dangerous foodstuffs would be in that situation. If you don't want your drivers losing their lunch, either have them eat it before they arrive at the border, or give them the correct paper work to prove that it's safe enough that they can import it to whatever country they're going to

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Temp name View Post
    Because the UK should be the only one allowed to exercise sovereignty, all others should be subservient to the glorious UK empire and how *DARE* you suggest otherwise?
    I mean we joke but a lot of Brexiters legitimately seem to think this.

Not sure how they're gonna survive Irish reunification or Australian republicanism once Liz kicks the bucket, to be honest.

10+ Year Old Account
    I mean we joke but a lot of Brexiters legitimately seem to think this.

Not sure how they're gonna survive Irish reunification or Australian republicanism once Liz kicks the bucket, to be honest.
    I'm sure they will turn it into a "Brexit benefit", somehow. Maybe some good, old racism?
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    And again, let’s presume equity in schools is achievable. Then why should a parent read to a child?

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't worry I'm certain they aren't going hungry, they're just having to buy lunch in the EU instead.
    Or eat the lunch before customs. That works too.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    And again, let’s presume equity in schools is achievable. Then why should a parent read to a child?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Santti View Post
    Or eat the lunch before customs. That works too.
    Seriously.

All these people are doing is broadcasting they've never actually travelled anywhere that hasn't been part of a common market. They want convenience without having to pay for it.

7+ Year Old Account
    Seriously.

All these people are doing is broadcasting they've never actually travelled anywhere that hasn't been part of a common market. They want convenience without having to pay for it.
    We were talking about a lorry driver taking his wagon from the UK to Ireland with his lunch. Not often he drives it to Brazil or Australia wouldn't you say? Beginning to look a little silly now, no wonder you fell for our bus.

10+ Year Old Account
    We were talking about a lorry driver taking his wagon from the UK to Ireland with his lunch.
    So, entering the EU from a foreign country with undeclared foodstuffs?

If you preferred the preexisting state of affairs, you shouldn't have changed it.

In the words of Keke Palmer: Sorry to this man.

They’re talking about fucking sandwiches now.

Hahahahaha

Quote Originally Posted by unfilteredJW View Post

Hahahahaha
    Yep, we've found a downside to Brexit that even the burners and Dribbles can't spin as a positive.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler to Baby Sloths View Post
    Yep, we've found a downside to Brexit that even the burners and Dribbles can't spin as a positive.
    Honestly this is even better than the folks complaining about having to use the foreign nationals line now.

15+ Year Old Account
    We were talking about a lorry driver taking his wagon from the UK to Ireland with his lunch. Not often he drives it to Brazil or Australia wouldn't you say? Beginning to look a little silly now, no wonder you fell for our bus.
    To Ireland? I thought this happened back in January in the Netherlands.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by unfilteredJW View Post

Hahahahaha
    Just goes to show how little our local Brexiteers have ever travelled outside of even the EU.

Customs doing shit like not letting you take food through you had with you isn’t unusual whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by zealo View Post
    Just goes to show how little our local Brexiteers have ever travelled outside of even the EU.

Customs doing shit like not letting you take food through you had with you isn’t unusual whatsoever.
    Imagine what the reaction will be when it's more than just a sandwich, and they get a fine and put on the next flight home along with a 5 year exclusion order.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler to Baby Sloths View Post
    Hold on just one second Butler.

Let's put this in perspective and compare the narrative of remainers at the referendum. Remember what they said would happen if we dared to Brexit? UK House prices would crash, the planes wouldn't fly, millions in the UK would be thrown on the dole, the City of London would face economic armageddon and these were amongst many other doomsday scenarios. So here we are, the UK has been out of the EU for months and the best you got? The only negative consequence of Brexit people can find is a poor lorry driver must now eat his lunchtime sarnie before trying to enter the EU lest they treat it as a WMD.

With many other EU nations looking to see how the UK gets on after Brexit with respect to their own possible EU exits do you think that's enough to put them off leaving?

I would say it's an encouragement for others to leave the EU hence, yes you guessed it, a brexit benefit.