View Poll Results: 10 days left, what'll it be?

Voters
92. This poll is closed
  • Hard Brexit (crash out)

45 48.91%
  • No Brexit (Remain by revoking A50)

24 26.09%
  • Withdrawal Agreement (after a new session is called)

0 0%
  • Extension + Withdrawal Agreement

3 3.26%
  • Extension + Crashout

9 9.78%
  • Extension + Remain

11 11.96%

[EU] Brexit negotiations at a standstill

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-41585430

The EU's chief negotiator Michel Barnier says there has not been enough progress to move to the next stage of Brexit talks as the UK wants.
    So, still no movement in those negotiations. I read early this week that British politicians still think it's the EU's turn to put an acceptable offer on the table. I wonder when they will realise that the EU doesn't have to do jack shit.

The disorganisation in the British Government is going to cost them. How much longer can May be PM before people realise she's incompetent? Also, British legal experts say they can still cancel the whole thing. How likely is that? What's the mood in the population?
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Deleted
    Its a disaster, if it ends with no deal the UK will be fucked and the entire cabinet should resign for allowing it to happen.

Most of them are still living in fantasy land.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think if they cancelled it there would be a very vocal core of Brexit people who'll be apoplectic. And general apathy elsewhere.

I'm pro EU but at this point I don't care what happens. The whole fiasco has highlighted that we have far bigger problems in UK politics than our membership of the EU - such as no sense of direction, vision, and a complete lack of political talent.

When it comes to the negotiations, the burden falls almost entirely on the UK. They are the ones who want to leave, and the EU doesn't need to really budge.

EU are being massive cunts.

>EU tell Britain to guarantee rights of EU nationals living in UK
    >UK says EU has to concede the same rights
    >EU says it will after UK guarantees rights
    >UK grants those rights
    >EU backpeddle

So now there are 1.5 million UK nationals living across multiple EU countries uncertain about their future, while the 3.1~ million EU nationals in the UK are living happy and free. Go fuck yourself Tusk and Juncker. We'll crash out with no deal, and that's fine, that's our bed and we've made it but thank God I voted leave. The EU is disgusting.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Floopa View Post
    EU are being massive cunts.

>EU tell Britain to guarantee rights of EU nationals living in UK
    >UK says EU has to concede the same rights
    >EU says it will after UK guarantees rights
    >UK grants those rights
    >EU backpeddle

So now there are 1.5 million UK nationals living across multiple EU countries uncertain about their future, while the 3.1~ million EU nationals in the UK are living happy and free. Go fuck yourself Tusk and Juncker. We'll crash out with no deal, and that's fine, that's our bed and we've made it but thank God I voted leave. The EU is disgusting.
    This isn't what has happened. Theresa May refused to guarantee the right of EU citizens to remain in the UK if she fails to secure a Brexit deal with Brussels. So its the UK bargaining with the rights of EU and UK nationals.

And crashing out with no deal isn't fine. Its a disaster.

No deal. You wanted to leave... do it.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    How likely is that? What's the mood in the population?
    The mood is hardening in favour of a no deal Brexit.

Every day the news has pictures of European police hospitalising european old age pensioners with batons, as in Catalonia, people realise that if the Brexit vote was to happen in ten years time those same Brussels bully boys could be doing the same to British pensioners in London.

We have had a very very lucky escape and more and more it is looking like no deal is better than any deal.
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

Deleted
    Anyone advocating no deal is an extremist.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ctd123 View Post
    Anyone advocating no deal is an extremist.
    3 out of 4 British people agree with that = the politicians in Brussels are extremists. Many of us knew this all along, many only now are realising the hard truth.
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

my brexit was always we stay in customs union and single market, but we no longer have to abide by ECJ rulings.

still, i'm happy to sacrifice whatever's necessary to no longer obey ECJ rulings.

Deleted
    my brexit was always we stay in customs union and single market, but we no longer have to abide by ECJ rulings.

still, i'm happy to sacrifice whatever's necessary to no longer obey ECJ rulings.
    So you are happy to sacrifice the NHS, Armed Forces, domestic farming industry, dropping out the EU Single Aviation Market, no rights for EU workers or UK workers in the EU, the good friday agreement, all of our JIT manufacturing, a third of our trade, most sectors to collapse and a long recession. (and so on)

What specific part of the ECJ don't you like that you think this is worth a no deal?

Quote Originally Posted by ctd123 View Post
    What specific part of the ECJ don't you like?
    that it can overrule UK courts.

So, your Brexit was always an unrealistic dream? Thanks for the info I guess.

i feel no sympathy whatsoever for the UK, they dug their own grave.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberowl View Post
    So, your Brexit was always an unrealistic dream? Thanks for the info I guess.
    why is it unrealistic?

Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    Honestly are you insane?

Spanish police are not acting on behalf of the EU.
    but the EU didnt condemn them.

britain did.

15+ Year Old Account
    why is it unrealistic?
    In your "realistic" dream, how does one sue a company for not complying with rules/regulations/laws?
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

10+ Year Old Account
    but the EU didnt condemn them.

britain did.
    Brexiteer moronic logic.

EU gets involved in national matters = BAD

EU does not get involved in national matters = BAD

Make up your mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    In your "realistic" dream, how does one sue a company for not complying with rules/regulations/laws?
    .. they use the UK courts and accept the UK ruling?