View Poll Results: 10 days left, what'll it be?

Voters
92. This poll is closed
  • Hard Brexit (crash out)

45 48.91%
  • No Brexit (Remain by revoking A50)

24 26.09%
  • Withdrawal Agreement (after a new session is called)

0 0%
  • Extension + Withdrawal Agreement

3 3.26%
  • Extension + Crashout

9 9.78%
  • Extension + Remain

11 11.96%
    Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Temp name View Post
    If it did, the anti-brexit crowd wouldn't get banned when they get baited after all
    And Dribbles would be permabanned, instead of just occasionaly banned when he's a total numpty.
    But this discussion of moderation is very not the topic.
    - Lars

10+ Year Old Account
    That moderation would revolve around opinions about Brexit is just a dumb conspiracy theory trying to deflect from the fact that this place has rules against ban evasion.

Although secondary accounts are not allowed regardless of reasons, additional accounts used for circumventing the infraction system or evading a ban can result in an increased ban duration on your main account. Additionally, you are not allowed to have other accounts post on your behalf while banned.
    ... I mean, the above is readily available by just clicking the rules button at the bar on the top of the page.

This is why our friend the account spammer gets dinged time and time again, while Dribbles manages to remain unscathed most of the time.
    Last edited by zealo; 2021-07-31 at 12:08 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yuujin View Post
    I love how a French paper is picking up a story a UK paper put out a day before. I'm pretty sure this is the kind of BS that ended up getting you leavers to vote for those improvements that you probably won't see until ~50 years from now.
    Almost as though the UK has more influence now on what happens inside the EU from the outside. Was US president Lyndon Johnson right when he supposedly said in his 1971 metaphor that could still be applied today "It's probably better to have the UK inside the EU tent pissing out than outside the EU tent pissing in." Well eurochums you had your chance!

Anyhow I see the IMF have upgraded the outlook for the UK economy growth forecasts, meanwhile the EU still sinking from the calamity of its covid handling. The UK got out in the nick of time with a lucky escape, can't get a better Brexit benefit than that.

13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    Almost as though the UK has more influence now on what happens inside the EU from the outside. Was US president Lyndon Johnson right when he supposedly said in his 1971 metaphor that could still be applied today "It's probably better to have the UK inside the EU tent pissing out than outside the EU tent pissing in." Well eurochums you had your chance!

Anyhow I see the IMF have upgraded the outlook for the UK economy growth forecasts, meanwhile the EU still sinking from the calamity of its covid handling. The UK got out in the nick of time with a lucky escape, can't get a better Brexit benefit than that.

Can't help but wonder why that lovely graph only goes to 2020 when we live in 2021. It also being limited to 2020 means that it still actually includes the UK in that so, gz on having a growth decline.

If we actually look at the actual IMF update you mentioned but failed to link.
    https://www.imf.org/-/media/Images/I...0&w=2600&la=en
    We can see that the UK crashed harder then the EU in 2020 and while it is projected to see a higher recovery % I'll point out that losing 6.5% and then recovering 4.6% is more then losing 9.8% and then recovering 7%.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    Can't help but wonder why that lovely graph only goes to 2020 when we live in 2021. It also being limited to 2020 means that it still actually includes the UK in that so, gz on having a growth decline.

If we actually look at the actual IMF update you mentioned but failed to link.
    https://www.imf.org/-/media/Images/I...0&w=2600&la=en
    We can see that the UK crashed harder then the EU in 2020 and while it is projected to see a higher recovery % I'll point out that losing 6.5% and then recovering 4.6% is more then losing 9.8% and then recovering 7%.
    Ah yes but days prior to the referendum the pro EU IMF in support of project fear and remain said, "The net long-run economic effects of leaving would also likely be negative and substantial" when in fact Brexiteers have been proven right as quite the opposite is now predicted.

Brexiteers are due an apology to be frank from the IMF, any remainers here offering one? I won't hold my breath but you know it's never too late for atonement...

13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

Well when every reputable reporting outlet is saying the EU have climbed down, all I see here are people trying to drown this Brexit success out in a fog of misinformation by bleating about non existent empty supermarket shelves.

Seriously I'll admit in Waitrose this morning I struggled to see any Belgian lager so woe is I, I suppose. But hardly a calamity caused by Brexit when any stock issues are down to the pingdemic and an NHS app that only remainers install when they want a few days off stacking shelves to shirk in the summer sun. You won't catch a hard working brexiteer with it on their phone I'll bet.

The sooner that awful outdated and inefficient NHS is privatised the better, and Brexit in another clear benefit will expediate that.
    Has the Brexit bandwagon moved on so far that they're even turning on Boris Johnson as a secret Remainer? I'm guessing that's why we've seen so many Brexiteers crying over the fantastic, oven-ready deal that won Johnson the last election.

Ah yes but days prior to the referendum the pro EU IMF in support of project fear and remain said, "The net long-run economic effects of leaving would also likely be negative and substantial" when in fact Brexiteers have been proven right as quite the opposite is now predicted.

Brexiteers are due an apology to be frank from the IMF, any remainers here offering one? I won't hold my breath but you know it's never too late for atonement...
    Yes keep linking fake pictures, I'm sure you can fit the NHS bus in there somewhere. That graph is, again, simply disproven by the actual IMF economic outlook I linked.

And, yet again, dropping 9.8% and then recovering 7% is a decline compared to the EU average of dropping 6.5% and recovering 4.6%.
    Plus "they said this before the referendum in 2016" kind of pretends the giant world wide pandemic we are in didn't happen.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

I love how a French paper is picking up a story a UK paper put out a day before. I'm pretty sure this is the kind of BS that ended up getting you leavers to vote for those improvements that you probably won't see until ~50 years from now.
    Kind of suspsicious how this mirrors the layout of the "now york times post" and even links their articles but calls itself "fr24news" (the french news outlet is called "france24")... maybe it isn't actually french?

And it does claim to be about "fashion news".
    Last edited by Noradin; 2021-07-31 at 07:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Noradin View Post
    Kind of suspsicious how this mirrors the layout of the "now york times post" and even links their articles but calls itself "fr24news" (the french news outlet is called "france24")... maybe it isn't actually french?

And it does claim to be about "fashion news".
    The twitter handle for France 24 ( the serious news outlet) is @France24, not this rubbish.

This just in; Brexit will be great as long as you keep your eyes tightly closed and ignore any news that isn't positive.

Brought to you by the three Brexiteers; See No Downsides, Hear No Downsides and Speak No Downsides.
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

Ah yes, Project Fear, or reality as it is known to everyone else but Brexiteers.

I'm not surprised you're linking facts4eu.org. Funny how they fail to show their math, and how several of their similar, previous claims have been debunked. Then again, don't expect reality denying folks like yourself need much in the way of evidence.

Quote Originally Posted by Noradin View Post
    There's another rather obvious indication that it isn't a French news site.

The site isn't even in French!

Yes, you can switch to the French variant https://www.fr24news.com/fr/ but there are still quite a lot of English headings, and having "/fr" for the French-variant seems to indicate that the French-variant is secondary - which is not how the French normally view the world.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Forogil View Post

Yes, you can switch to the French variant https://www.fr24news.com/fr/ but there are still quite a lot of English headings, and having "/fr" for the French-variant seems to indicate that the French-variant is secondary - which is not how the French normally view the world.
    Any website would be in the national language first.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Forogil View Post

If i google who is fr24news.com one hit is
    https://securingdemocracy.gmfus.org/...isinformation/
    Make of that what you will

1. A French newspaper would have a .fr TLD and would be French language by default.
    2. It is a rather young website, with the domain only registered a year and a half ago, with no links to French incorporations or addresses.
    3. Their "contact us" is only in English.
    4. The story quotes the leader of "Generation Frexit" as the "voice of the people".
    5. The regulation was introduced in 2016 and has apparently been in force since 2018, hardly a "new issue".
    6. At least going by the ECHA, it looks to me like the labelling requirement is for products containing pure lavender oil, which is used as a natural biocide agent against termites and similar destructive insects.
    6. The EU isn't banning lavender oil from sale, indeed it remains on the list of approved substances.
    7. I just checked a bottle of shampoo containing lavender oil, sold and purchased in a German supermarket (i.e. in the EU) in the last couple of weeks: no warning labels, nothing noting the risk of irritation due to the lavender contents.

So yeah. Another "bendy banana" story.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler to Baby Sloths View Post
    1. A French newspaper would have a .fr TLD and would be French language by default.
    2. It is a rather young website, with the domain only registered a year and a half ago, with no links to French incorporations or addresses.
    3. Their "contact us" is only in English.
    4. The story quotes the leader of "Generation Frexit" as the "voice of the people".
    5. The regulation was introduced in 2016 and has apparently been in force since 2018, hardly a "new issue".
    6. At least going by the ECHA, it looks to me like the labelling requirement is for products containing pure lavender oil, which is used as a natural biocide agent against termites and similar destructive insects.
    6. The EU isn't banning lavender oil from sale, indeed it remains on the list of approved substances.
    7. I just checked a bottle of shampoo containing lavender oil, sold and purchased in a German supermarket (i.e. in the EU) in the last couple of weeks: no warning labels, nothing noting the risk of irritation due to the lavender contents.

So yeah. Another "bendy banana" story.
    Except those EU bendy banana episodes keep on coming hey? All they do is ban, ban, ban, stuff.

As for a French website looking to "talk" to the world it is much more likely that the info on it would have to be in English, not many as a global share of people speak the local dialect of French do they? It will likely end up with the numbers of UK people speaking the Cornish language one day.

Much as some, the EU for example, may dislike it English is the lingua franca of the world. No changing that.

Except those EU bendy banana episodes keep on coming hey? All they do is ban, ban, ban, stuff.

As for a French website looking to "talk" to the world it is much more likely that the info on it would have to be in English, not many as a global share of people speak the local dialect of French do they? It will likely end up with the numbers of UK people speaking the Cornish language one day.

Much as some, the EU for example, may dislike it English is the lingua franca of the world. No changing that.
    Again, because you obviously didnt read what you quoted:
    Lavender products are NOT BANNED
    Lavender consumer products do NOT CARRY WARNING LABELS.

At least dribbles is branching out a bit. Instead of sharing stories that directly contradict the point he's trying to make, he's now linking to complete fabrications as well. A bit of variety in his posting.

I guess that's what happens when you've created a world in your own head that bears no relation to reality. You either have to ignore evidence or rely on made up evidence. Otherwise you've got nothing (as we saw with his seven "Brexit benefits" that his Chess Pigeon persona decided weren't instantly debunked).
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

7+ Year Old Account
    Why are the PPAM de France so worried then that they launched a petition that tens of thousands have signed? It's not just Lavender the EU are after, Rosemary and Thyme are on the hit list too. Ban ban ban I tell ya, it's all the EU are good for. At first they came for the bendy bananas, who will save you when they come for you.

https://www.change.org/p/commission-...false&v2=false

Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    Any website would be in the national language first.
    Almost any; one major news-website kind-of-exception is "The Local"; https://www.thelocal.de/

But that is an actual news-organization with actual news - and an idea of what to promote (local news in English; for tourists, workers abroad, and generally interested persons).