View Poll Results: 10 days left, what'll it be?

Voters
92. This poll is closed
  • Hard Brexit (crash out)

45 48.91%
  • No Brexit (Remain by revoking A50)

24 26.09%
  • Withdrawal Agreement (after a new session is called)

0 0%
  • Extension + Withdrawal Agreement

3 3.26%
  • Extension + Crashout

9 9.78%
  • Extension + Remain

11 11.96%
    Quote Originally Posted by Huehuecoyotl View Post
    I'm confused. The article you link says that the average wage packet has gone up 11.3% from 2016 to 2020. It then talks about average monthly wages going up 19%. I've no idea what the second one is measuring. How would wages be rising faster than the wage packets are?

Hmm. I wonder what the inflation rate was from 2016 to 2020? Using the Bank of England calculator, apparently it's 11.4%. So based on wage packets, your "Brexit benefit" is a slight real terms wage cut over 2 years. Yippee?

Dribbles fails again. Consistently and sadly wrong pretty much every time you put finger to typewriter.
    Again, if I remember correctly, he stated he is from Australia, so, I don't know why he is fighting for Brexit.

Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    Why not explain to everyone how increasing wages are not a Brexit win? After all when did you last go to your boss and say "Please sir I think you are paying me too much, would you mind lowering my salary and you can keep the extra profit yourself?"

Doesn't happen does it? But if it's the case that remainers are for starvation wages, keeping people poor, and Brexiteers are for a higher living wage then I think you have given me a new slogan to put on the side of the next bus, so ty for that I guess.
    Wage increases due to a worker shortage is not healthy. Prices will rise accordingly, and your 5% extra pay will cover the 5% cost increase. I suggest you google real wages.

What are you comparing the wage increase to? This might come as a shock to you, but wages have increased in EU countries aswell.

Add how you've been out of the EU for less than a year, not sure why there's a need to compare to 2016, you've effectively been a EU member for the far majority of that period.
    Last edited by Rozz; 2021-09-01 at 11:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Crispin View Post
    Wage increases due to a worker shortage is not healthy. Prices will rise accordingly, and your 5% extra pay will cover the 5% cost increase. I suggest you google real wages.
    Inflation is not directly linked to wage increases and even less 1:1

Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    Inflation is not directly linked to wage increases and even less 1:1
    Right so implying it's 1/1 is incorrect, I stand corrected. Wage push inflation is however very real.

Apparently Spain is seeing a higher wage growth than the UK, I guess they left the EU aswell https://tradingeconomics.com/country...ntinent=europe
    Last edited by Crispin; 2021-09-01 at 11:49 AM.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crispin View Post
    Right so implying it's 1/1 is incorrect, I stand corrected. Wage push inflation is however very real.

Apparently Spain is seeing a higher wage growth than the UK, I guess they left the EU aswell https://tradingeconomics.com/country...ntinent=europe
    It is also possible the EU could see benefits to not having the UK in it?

Quote Originally Posted by Xarkan View Post
    Yea!! Less annoying British tourist who are just as bad as Russian tourist.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarkan View Post
    I think we are all beginning to agree Brexit is a win-win for all sides, I never could quite understand why the EU were so reluctant to embrace freedom for the UK. There's still a few diehards that need to come around to our way of thinking, just give them time eurochums.
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

I think we are all beginning to agree Brexit is a win-win for all sides, I never could quite understand why the EU were so reluctant to embrace freedom for the UK. There's still a few diehards that need to come around to our way of thinking, just give them time eurochums.
    As usual your thinking remains.........bad.
    “Logic: The art of thinking and reasoning in strict accordance with the limitations and incapacities of the human misunderstanding.”
    "Conservative, n: A statesman who is enamored of existing evils, as distinguished from the Liberal who wishes to replace them with others."
    Ambrose Bierce
    The Bird of Hermes Is My Name, Eating My Wings To Make Me Tame.

So Dribbles, seeing you have your finger firmly on the pulse what glorious new benefits can we expect to see in the UK in the next 12 months?

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Yup. All that "see, Brexit wasn't the disaster you all said it was going to be" was ignoring the fact that a lot of things were still in transition mode. Once we're properly into 100% Brexit, it's going to get worse.

Dribbles now needs to decide whether to go into "pretend it's all okay and we're making things up" mode or "downplay the problems and make up a bunch of fantasy benefits that balance them" mode. Your guess is as good as mine which he'll go for.

It's still possible that the UK will have to go cap in hand to the EU to get for another extension, of course. Because the Brexiteers are so stupid and lazy that they're incapable of managing the process of Brexit without fucking things up. How the EU would relate to that is a whole other question that I can't even pretend to guess. Anyone heard any noises about how the EU might respond to that?
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

Yup. All that "see, Brexit wasn't the disaster you all said it was going to be" was ignoring the fact that a lot of things were still in transition mode. Once we're properly into 100% Brexit, it's going to get worse.

Dribbles now needs to decide whether to go into "pretend it's all okay and we're making things up" mode or "downplay the problems and make up a bunch of fantasy benefits that balance them" mode. Your guess is as good as mine which he'll go for.

It's still possible that the UK will have to go cap in hand to the EU to get for another extension, of course. Because the Brexiteers are so stupid and lazy that they're incapable of managing the process of Brexit without fucking things up. How the EU would relate to that is a whole other question that I can't even pretend to guess. Anyone heard any noises about how the EU might respond to that?
    He would go for both, probaly claiming its all the EU's evil fault, because thats how he rolls.

THat's the price of FREEDOM!!!! Wasn't that the final response of any Brexit argument if all other arguments fail.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Nothing to do with Brexit, there is a global shortage of lorry drivers and as for Europe...

The most heavily impacted European countries are Poland (shortage of around 124,000 drivers), the UK (76,000 drivers) and Germany (45,000-60,000 drivers).

https://www.clecat.org/en/news/newsl...he%20pandemic.

Scurrilous remainers grasping at straws again, next we brexiteers will be blamed for causing Covid. /sigh
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

Nothing to do with Brexit, there is a global shortage of lorry drivers and as for Europe...

The most heavily impacted European countries are Poland (shortage of around 124,000 drivers), the UK (76,000 drivers) and Germany (45,000-60,000 drivers).

https://www.clecat.org/en/news/newsl...he%20pandemic.

Scurrilous remainers grasping at straws again, next we brexiteers will be blamed for causing Covid. /sigh
    Additional issues at the border because the UK is finally introducing their own border checks is entirely because of Brexit and is something you repeatedly mentioned as a reason for leaving so...
    No.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    Additional issues at the border because the UK is finally introducing their own border checks is entirely because of Brexit and is something you repeatedly mentioned as a reason for leaving so...
    No.
    Well you are right that we took back control of our borders, yet another brexit benefit, as promised but how on earth does that produce a shortage of lorry drivers in Poland?

Of course we will now introduce the brexit benefit of additional border checks, that's what the majority at the referendum voted for in our democracy, if the EU want to sell into and have access to our markets we need to be able to check their exports comply with UK standards.

15+ Year Old Account
    Well you are right that we took back control of our borders, yet another brexit benefit, as promised but how on earth does that produce a shortage of lorry drivers in Poland?

Of course we will now introduce the brexit benefit of additional border checks, that's what the majority at the referendum voted for in our democracy, if the EU want to sell into and have access to our markets we need to be able to check their exports comply with UK standards.
    "The most heavily impacted European countries are Poland (shortage of around 124,000 drivers), the UK (76,000 drivers) and Germany (45,000-60,000 drivers). The UK is in a particularly difficult position as it is not only grappling with Brexit, but it also saw many European workers leave over the course of the pandemic. The shortage is now considered to reach a ‘crisis point’." Source: Transport Intelligence, UK Government

You missed this part in your quote, maybe ask your government why Brexit is at fault?
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    "The most heavily impacted European countries are Poland (shortage of around 124,000 drivers), the UK (76,000 drivers) and Germany (45,000-60,000 drivers). The UK is in a particularly difficult position as it is not only grappling with Brexit, but it also saw many European workers leave over the course of the pandemic. The shortage is now considered to reach a ‘crisis point’." Source: Transport Intelligence, UK Government

You missed this part in your quote, maybe ask your government why Brexit is at fault?
    Dribbles quoted a misleading portion of a link that actually contradicts the point he's trying to make? Must be a....well, any day of the week really.

It's always fun when Brexiteers own words undermine their positions.
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

Maybe @dribbles can explain this one?

Our chief Brexit fuckwit has just announced that we need to raise an additional £12bn to fund the NHS and reform the care process. Which is weird, because Brexit just gave us £18bn a year in extra money (£350m a week). That should be able to cover all the money to fund both the NHS and the care process without impacting the tax-payer at all. And still give us £6bn more to fund other things.

I wonder why he hasn't used that money instead? Why increase taxes when we have so much spare money floating around because of Brexit?

Care to offer any opinions on that dribbles?

Loving the fact that even though we in Wales, Northern Ireland and Scotland will be paying the increased NI contributions, the extra money is only going to improve the care system in England. It's like he's looking for ammo to give various independant movements ^^

7+ Year Old Account
    Maybe @dribbles can explain this one?

Our chief Brexit fuckwit has just announced that we need to raise an additional £12bn to fund the NHS and reform the care process. Which is weird, because Brexit just gave us £18bn a year in extra money (£350m a week). That should be able to cover all the money to fund both the NHS and the care process without impacting the tax-payer at all. And still give us £6bn more to fund other things.

I wonder why he hasn't used that money instead? Why increase taxes when we have so much spare money floating around because of Brexit?

Care to offer any opinions on that dribbles?
    Of course the extra money, another Brexit benefit, saved from EU fees is already going to the NHS and it's great you recognise that fact. It is also why we handled the speed of the vaccines in the early days of Covid, another Brexit benefit, so proficiently.

As for the increase in NI to fund the NHS/social care, not really anything to do with Brexit, but it can only be blamed on the surviving remnants of the remainer Lib Dem infection of the Tory party back from the coalition days.

A proper and pure Tory party would never do this, but baby steps we are moving in that direction. One day you will look back on our Boris with great fondness for the little "c" caring Conservative that he is trying to be. I blame Carrie who appears to wear the trousers now and it could be argued she is really running the country, but for me Boris is just a stepping stone to a better more Conservative PM, with a capital C, and they will emerge soon enough.

The voters? Just like they did our Maggie T, will lap them up. It's not like we have to worry about Labour, currently staring into the electoral abyss, is it?

Nothing points towards the voters reversing Brexit, even as the Tories spaff unlimited money down the drain on the useless NHS. Whatever, my hunch is still that the electorate are thankful we don't have a Labour government in charge, their incompetence would be 10 times worse than Boris.