View Poll Results: 10 days left, what'll it be?

Voters
92. This poll is closed
  • Hard Brexit (crash out)

45 48.91%
  • No Brexit (Remain by revoking A50)

24 26.09%
  • Withdrawal Agreement (after a new session is called)

0 0%
  • Extension + Withdrawal Agreement

3 3.26%
  • Extension + Crashout

9 9.78%
  • Extension + Remain

11 11.96%
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sircaw View Post
    Jc you people are fucking unbelievable lol.

I don't do alts, end of story but yer carry on with your clutching bullshit.

who ever the alt is i hope he keeps on doing it, he clearly is in your heads lol
    Having such strong opinions of what people around here thinks about you certainly doesn't do a whole lot to disprove that theory, you know.

Whoever that burner account user trying to gaslight others is, he isn't the only one living rent free in the heads of others.

Just 18% of people in the latest survey think Brexit is going well, while 53% think it's going badly.

https://www.statista.com/chart/25893...ng-well-badly/

Hmm. 53%, eh? That means we're past the Brexiteers self-defined cut-off point for change. If 53% think it's going badly we have a democratic mandate, nay a sacred duty, to reverse it.

Hoist by your own petard, dribbles. Your Brexit fucking sucks, and everybody is starting to realise it.
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

7+ Year Old Account
    No major UK political party wants to take us back into the EU. Strange that if it is such a vote winner. Reversing Brexit will never happen, too many Brexit benefits would be lost truth be told. I know it, our Boris knows it and so does Sir Keir, never going to happen.
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    No major UK political party wants to take us back into the EU. Strange that if it is such a vote winner.
    No party does yet. But if 53% of people already think Brexit is shit it's only a matter of time. And we STILL haven't left completely, and it will get worse once we do. Two more years of this shit, how many people do you think will vote to rejoin the Single Market, for example? Then Brexit starts to unpick one step at a time. Happy days.

Reversing Brexit will never happen, too many Brexit benefits would be lost truth be told. I know it, our Boris knows it and so does Sir Keir, never going to happen.
    Strange, considering you still haven't shared any of those benefits with us. We keep asking you, occasionally you pop up with a pile of abject nonsense that if it is a good thing will be nothing to do with Brexit, and if it is related to Brexit will turn out to be a bad thing. And it looks like over half the country agrees that Brexit doesn't have benefits, just downsides.

And a big giant LOL at you relying on Boris. He'd abandon Brexit in a heartbeat if he thought it would keep him in power. Enough people turn against it and he'll be leading the charge back into Europe while claiming he loved it the whole time. Or the Tories will kick him out and put a Europhile in charge and campaign to rejoin themselves. They don't give a shit about anything beyond maintaining a hold on the levers of power.

It's crumbling before your eyes dribbles. And I'm loving it.
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Huehuecoyotl View Post
    No party does yet. But if 53% of people already think Brexit is shit it's only a matter of time. And we STILL haven't left completely, and it will get worse once we do. Two more years of this shit, how many people do you think will vote to rejoin the Single Market, for example? Then Brexit starts to unpick one step at a time. Happy days.
    I think you are misinterpreting that 53% of people who think Brexit is going badly would automatically vote to rejoin the EU and reverse it. They are not your votes to bank, I surmise that the majority of that 53% would blame the EU for that and still vote for Brexit in any future hypothetical referendum re-run.

Strange, considering you still haven't shared any of those benefits with us. We keep asking you, occasionally you pop up with a pile of abject nonsense that if it is a good thing will be nothing to do with Brexit, and if it is related to Brexit will turn out to be a bad thing. And it looks like over half the country agrees that Brexit doesn't have benefits, just downsides.

And a big giant LOL at you relying on Boris. He'd abandon Brexit in a heartbeat if he thought it would keep him in power. Enough people turn against it and he'll be leading the charge back into Europe while claiming he loved it the whole time. Or the Tories will kick him out and put a Europhile in charge and campaign to rejoin themselves. They don't give a shit about anything beyond maintaining a hold on the levers of power.

It's crumbling before your eyes dribbles. And I'm loving it.
    The truth is huehue you in the singular loving it matters not a jot. Is it now just you and Steve Bray? Anyone other than "led by donkeys"?

I saw one of their "Brexit isn't working" billboards in Exeter today, couldn't stop laughing at the joke. What a waste of money, talk about flogging a dead horse. Great comedy value though. Back in the real world here's what the opposition to our Boris said about the Great Brexit this week at conference...

Labour Brexit chief urges party’s Remainers to ‘get over it and move on’

https://inews.co.uk/news/politics/la...ainers-1221990

Sage advice for once from Labour that everyone should follow, and I'm loving it.
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

too many Brexit benefits
    Empty store shelves and gas shortages? I don't know many that would call those "benefits".

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Empty store shelves and gas shortages? I don't know many that would call those "benefits".

Not to defend Brexit but shit is getting super interesting on where the parties stand on things.

BoJo's Tories seem to be on a Populist Red Brown axis, telling Capital to suck it up and employ Brits and Labour is switching to the New Labour play book and saying fuck the working class it's Capital we need to win over and scrapping commitments to the min wage and doing anything useful for the working class.

Such interesting times.

Reduced spending, so people grow richer!

10+ Year Old Account
    Rare white stag shot dead on Bootle street by police.

People in Bootle, Merseyside were shocked when they saw the wild animal roaming about on Sunday morning.

The RSPCA said it had advised police to "leave the deer as it would make its own way back home" eventually.

But Merseyside Police said officers decided to euthanise the deer after growing concerns it might be dangerous for motorists and pedestrians.

Now I'm not saying the gods are angry at Britain, but....
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Until all the wonderful benefits trickle down to us simple northern folk what should we do Dribbles? ...Should we just tighten our belt's for the greater good?

Boris and his chums are not fit to run a bath never mind a country! The sooner you admit that the sooner you can stop spending far to much time finding nonsense to post on here as Brexit benefit's!

You can hand wave it away all you want! But exactly what people thought would happen is happening! You cant blame the EU for it anymore!

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    Now I'm not saying the gods are angry at Britain, but....
    I mean...doesn't Britain have animal control? Couldn't they have like, tranquilized and safely released it? Are deer really that much of a road hazard in the UK? Because like, we have them ALL over the place here and yeah they can sometimes be idiots and stand in the road staring at your car...but it's really easy not to hit them or swerve/slam on the breaks and potentially cause an accident if you're not driving like a bloody maniac.

Real though, they killed a fuckin albino stag. I don't know how many years of bad luck that's worth.

10+ Year Old Account
    I mean...doesn't Britain have animal control? Couldn't they have like, tranquilized and safely released it?
    Given the supermarket shortages it's possible the police might have just been hungry.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Iliena View Post
    Until all the wonderful benefits trickle down to us simple northern folk what should we do Dribbles? ...Should we just tighten our belt's for the greater good?

Boris and his chums are not fit to run a bath never mind a country! The sooner you admit that the sooner you can stop spending far to much time finding nonsense to post on here as Brexit benefit's!

You can hand wave it away all you want! But exactly what people thought would happen is happening! You cant blame the EU for it anymore!
    And for good measure, Northern Ireland which is a part of the UK, and within the EU market, is a great benchmark, for what is caused by Brexit. They do not have any of these issues.

It's ok tho, because Dribbels got some stamp back for a pint. Apparently brexiteers are stuck in the past.

10+ Year Old Account
    Come on, who needs fuel when all cars are going to be electric anyway. Brexit is looking bright for the future/s

7+ Year Old Account

It's good that you seek guidance, exactly the reason Boris and the gang are headed to you Northern folk this weekend to deliver those trickle down Brexit benefits. Since being abandoned by Labour it's becoming the Tories natural home up there wouldn't you agree? As Sir Keir now courts the luvvies in Brighton.

Presumably if you are looking for answers you will attend the gathering in Manchester? All the heroes and architects of the Great Brexit will be there and oh my how the crowds will cheer for the Tories coming home.

Die in a famine, I would presume. For maximum profit and entertainment, that is. Throw in a civil war, while you're at it.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kronik85 View Post
    Not to defend Brexit but shit is getting super interesting on where the parties stand on things.

BoJo's Tories seem to be on a Populist Red Brown axis, telling Capital to suck it up and employ Brits and Labour is switching to the New Labour play book and saying fuck the working class it's Capital we need to win over and scrapping commitments to the min wage and doing anything useful for the working class.

Such interesting times.
    If what you say is true then the country has two idiotic parties there's a shortage on those jobs because Brits don't want to do them and businesses cannot afford to pay above certain wages without going out of business. This is the same space the US was in when Trump went gun ho with immigration policy fisheries couldn't find workers even when they doubled the wage so even Trump had to back off and try to get the immigrants back so the fishing industry didn't collapse.

In short the UK is fucked I don't see any reason EU workers would come back given the demand in their own countries for their services. There's no way the UK can compete and bring them back.

Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    In short the UK is fucked I don't see any reason EU workers would come back given the demand in their own countries for their services. There's no way the UK can compete and bring them back.
    Why would you go back to a country that hates you so much they rip the entire nation out of the EU just to avoid you, and - obvious to everyone but Britons apparently - ruin themselves in the process, too...
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    If what you say is true then the country has two idiotic parties there's a shortage on those jobs because Brits don't want to do them and businesses cannot afford to pay above certain wages without going out of business. This is the same space the US was in when Trump went gun ho with immigration policy fisheries couldn't find workers even when they doubled the wage so even Trump had to back off and try to get the immigrants back so the fishing industry didn't collapse.

You obviously need to go sector by sector here and I'll skip HGVs because it's done to death. But we are also short on Care staff and Warehouse staff, both of these sectors can afford to pay their staff much better since they recruit heavily through agencies whom they will be paying around £15 an hour to these agencies then eventually bring them in house at min wage.

The only sector that I can actually get behind needing to pay min wage is Hospitality because the businesses tend to be small scale with tight margins.

The labour shortage isn't just a Brexit thing either, it's definitely a huge factor but you also have a generation of people who are leaving the work force early because the job they've been in for 30 years has gone because of the pandemic or because retail is dying and the only job they can get after is a min wag Warehouse gig which is more graft than they can hack and they just opt to retire early or they are working in an industry which young people just haven't been pushed towards to train (see HGVs).

EU migration isnt a hard fix for these issues though and this reckoning has been coming for a long time, just Brexit and the pandemic has brought the date forward by a number of years.

I like that the UK is fighting the good fight against climate change by reducing lorries on the road. /s