View Poll Results: 10 days left, what'll it be?

Voters
92. This poll is closed
  • Hard Brexit (crash out)

45 48.91%
  • No Brexit (Remain by revoking A50)

24 26.09%
  • Withdrawal Agreement (after a new session is called)

0 0%
  • Extension + Withdrawal Agreement

3 3.26%
  • Extension + Crashout

9 9.78%
  • Extension + Remain

11 11.96%
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Iliena View Post
    I'm genuinely pleased for you! Well done!

I see Boris is in Ukraine again cultivating his "World Statesman" brand: The prime minister had been due to appear at a conference held by a group of his Tory MPs in Doncaster, but cancelled the visit to travel to the Ukrainian capital instead.

Bet he got a far warmer reception than facing his own MP's, after yet another great week for his goverment, with the ethics adviser and Priti Patel knocking it out the park with Rwanda!
    Boris, leader of the free world and in another win for Brexit, must be sorting out the arrangements for next years Eurovision to be held in the UK.

UK is asked to host Eurovision in 2023 after Ukraine ruled out.

The EU is working on a rival bid to move next year’s contest to Brussels, where it would be hosted on behalf of Ukraine in a symbolic gesture of solidarity from the “capital of the EU”

https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-r...aine-ruled-out

Why hold it in the capital of the EU when you can hold it in London?
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    Boris, leader of the free world and in another win for Brexit, must be sorting out the arrangements for next years Eurovision to be held in the UK.
    Wealth inequality is here to stay, sometimes it's just how lifes cookie crumbles and all of society is better off for it.
    But from what I can see it is quite probable Æthelstan was the first Brexiteer, likely the Farage of his age seeing off the European continentals in the very first successful Brexit.

UK is asked to host Eurovision in 2023 after Ukraine ruled out.

The EU is working on a rival bid to move next year’s contest to Brussels, where it would be hosted on behalf of Ukraine in a symbolic gesture of solidarity from the “capital of the EU”

https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-r...aine-ruled-out

Why hold it in the capital of the EU when you can hold it in London?
    Are you asking why you'd hold it in the centre of the organisation doing the most for the Ukrainian people displaced by this war, rather than in a country currently treating refugees like criminals?

I know what my answer to that question would be.
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Huehuecoyotl View Post
    Are you asking why you'd hold it in the centre of the organisation doing the most for the Ukrainian people displaced by this war, rather than in a country currently treating refugees like criminals?

I know what my answer to that question would be.
    We have taken in 6 million refugees from Europe, made them feel very welcome and at home, have granted them the right to stay and guaranteed their security. How can you say anyone in the EU has done more? What else do you want us to do? Do we have the schools, doctors, housing, infrastructure to cope with more?

In other news the EU demonstrating their ingratitude for the above have launched legal proceedings against the UK regarding Northern Ireland and given us 2 months to comply.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/polit...ernational-law

That's just more EU nonsense for the UK to ignore then, what they gonna do? Sovereignty delivered by Brexit, it's a beautiful thing.
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

10+ Year Old Account
    6 million probably includes all those Polish, Bulgarian and Romanian "refugees"

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Boris Johnson defends 'draconian' plan to electronically tag refugees

Just outright turning them into criminals. Interesting that this happened right after his latest ethics advisor quit... and no wonder he is apparently thinking of getting rid of that position altogether.
    They did that all by themselves when they entered the UK illegally. They are criminals.

After all they are not fleeing a dangerous or unsafe country where their life is in peril, they are coming from France for goodness sake.

They did that all by themselves when they entered the UK illegally. They are criminals.

After all they are not fleeing a dangerous or unsafe country where their life is in peril, they are coming from France for goodness sake.
    We certainly shouldn't treat them like human beings, eh dribbles? They are swarming over us like, ooh, I don't know, rats? We should lock them up, and use some kind of distinguishing feature so that we can recognise these unclean beings.

Any of this starting to ring a bell with you? Any of this starting to feel worryingly familiar? Ah, who am I kidding. There's no self-awareness in there, we've got hundreds of posts on this thread to prove that.

But in this instance, if it walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck....it's a fucking nazi duck.
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

Refugees enter france but want to continue to england: ''CRIMINALS, THE WHOLE LOT OF THEM!'' - Dribbles 2022

7+ Year Old Account
    Brexit to be 'completed' as Dominic Raab unveils plan to BLOCK European court's meddling

https://www.express.co.uk/news/polit...-rights-rwanda

Nice, very very nice. More sovereignty, thanks to Brexit, restored and all systems go for Rwanda!

Brexit to be 'completed' as Dominic Raab unveils plan to BLOCK European court's meddling

Nice, very very nice. More sovereignty, thanks to Brexit, restored and all systems go for Rwanda!
    No comment yet on Reet-Smugg and his "please, PLEASE tell us how to make Brexit work" website?

Personally, I'm amazed that the Sun "readers" didn't come up with a whole list of brilliant ideas for Brexit benefits that would have kept that lanky waste of oxygen busy for decades. Very strange that.

It's almost as if Brexiteers have no fucking clue what they're doing, and no idea how to make a silk purse out of this pigs ear that Brexit has provided.

I thought Bojo got Brexit done?
    “There you stand, the good man doing nothing. And while evil triumphs, and your rigid pacifism crumbles to blood stained dust, the only victory afforded to you is that you stuck true to your guns.”

Great news for fascists and idiots!
    Wealth inequality is here to stay, sometimes it's just how lifes cookie crumbles and all of society is better off for it.
    But from what I can see it is quite probable Æthelstan was the first Brexiteer, likely the Farage of his age seeing off the European continentals in the very first successful Brexit.

[I]Brexit to be 'completed'
    Fuckin hell, still having a go at it and haven't wrapped up yet?

7+ Year Old Account
    No comment yet on Reet-Smugg and his "please, PLEASE tell us how to make Brexit work" website?

Personally, I'm amazed that the Sun "readers" didn't come up with a whole list of brilliant ideas for Brexit benefits that would have kept that lanky waste of oxygen busy for decades. Very strange that.

It's almost as if Brexiteers have no fucking clue what they're doing, and no idea how to make a silk purse out of this pigs ear that Brexit has provided.
    Funny you should mention our Jacob, big announcement from him today as he unveiled the "Brexit Freedoms Dashboard" we can all monitor and celebrate together here in the UK as thousands of EU laws are consigned one by one to the dustbin of history. From Britain's news channel in case you missed it...

https://www.gbnews.uk/news/jacob-ree...eu-laws/322805

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Fuckin hell, still having a go at it and haven't wrapped up yet?
    Decades of hurt from EU membership is going to take a bit longer than 5 minutes to unravel, 2400 bits of EU legislation to tear up and replace with something more suitable to the UK to start with. A list of 2400 Brexit benefits about to be achieved if you like.

Next up more to look forward to when soon the Brexit freedoms bill is published... Happy days indeed.

Decades of hurt from EU membership is going to take a bit longer than 5 minutes to unravel
    It's been what, six years?

2400 bits of EU legislation to tear up and replace with something more suitable to the UK to start with.
    Not remotely accurate.

A list of 2400 Brexit benefits about to be achieved if you like.
    Let me guess, the topline item is, "We have blue passports!"?

Funny you should mention our Jacob, big announcement from him today as he unveiled the "Brexit Freedoms Dashboard" we can all monitor and celebrate together here in the UK as thousands of EU laws are consigned one by one to the dustbin of history. From Britain's news channel in case you missed it...

https://www.gbnews.uk/news/jacob-ree...eu-laws/322805

Decades of hurt from EU membership is going to take a bit longer than 5 minutes to unravel, 2400 bits of EU legislation to tear up and replace with something more suitable to the UK to start with. A list of 2400 Brexit benefits about to be achieved if you like.

Next up more to look forward to when soon the Brexit freedoms bill is published... Happy days indeed.
    Brexit has done more damage to this country since it has been (partially) implemented than EU membership did in the entire time. To the point that even Reet-Smugg, one of your glorious leaders, has said that implementing border controls on goods coming in from the EU would be an "act of economic self harm". Doesn't look much like taking back control to me.

All of which leads to this glorious situation; the EU doesn't need to check things that it is sending to us to see if they pass regulations, because we're a third party now. So if we want to ensure that the goods being sent to us are actually up to standards, we're relying on our import checks....which we're not planning on doing any time soon. The EU could send up sub-standard produce, for example, and we'd never know.

On an entirely "unrelated" note, anyone else in the UK noticed a significant drop-off in the quality of their vegetables and the like of late? Hard to tell whether it's things getting caught up in the delays in supply (caused by Brexit) or the lack of quality checks (caused by Brexit). But I'm certainly seeing things looking a lot worse in the fruit and veg space recently. Anybody else?

7+ Year Old Account
    Brexit has done more damage to this country since it has been (partially) implemented than EU membership did in the entire time. To the point that even Reet-Smugg, one of your glorious leaders, has said that implementing border controls on goods coming in from the EU would be an "act of economic self harm". Doesn't look much like taking back control to me.

All of which leads to this glorious situation; the EU doesn't need to check things that it is sending to us to see if they pass regulations, because we're a third party now. So if we want to ensure that the goods being sent to us are actually up to standards, we're relying on our import checks....which we're not planning on doing any time soon. The EU could send up sub-standard produce, for example, and we'd never know.

On an entirely "unrelated" note, anyone else in the UK noticed a significant drop-off in the quality of their vegetables and the like of late? Hard to tell whether it's things getting caught up in the delays in supply (caused by Brexit) or the lack of quality checks (caused by Brexit). But I'm certainly seeing things looking a lot worse in the fruit and veg space recently. Anybody else?
    It seems you don't understand the benefits of the UK just accepting EU products are made to high standards. Not inspecting them rigorously has saved us £1bn already, with much more to come. Do you really need to measure the curvature of a banana as an example? I would say not, just as tasty all the same. As you seem so fixated on Jacob Rees-Mogg he today explains those Brexit benefits all too clearly for you here...

https://www.lbc.co.uk/hot-topics/bre...oms-challenge/

Me I'm off shopping for a new powerful vacuum cleaner that prior to Brexit was banned for me as an EU citizen. Oh and I can assure you the fruit and veg I've had recently from Waitrose still remains at their usual high standards. Their strawberries, British ones in season now of course, being especially delicious. You just can't beat them.

Happy Brexit anniversary day, 6 years on now from that beautiful referendum result...

Oh and I can assure you the fruit and veg I've had recently from Waitrose still remains at their usual high standards.
    I called that, almost down to the exact words. You're getting predictable dribbles, even your schtick is so lame these days that we can see it coming from a mile away.

Meanwhile, I'd ask any of the honest British people around here if they've experienced the same as me; has your fruit and veg just got a bit worse of late? Not as fresh, not as tasty? I'd be interested to see how many others have spotted this.

Me I'm off shopping for a new powerful vacuum cleaner that prior to Brexit was banned for me as an EU citizen.
    Use a good amount of lube, I would hate to hear about things getting stuck and needing a trip to A&E.

Huehuecoyotl: Yep I have noticed it at Tesco, going to give Sainsburys a try next week to see if its any better, Waitrose doesn't come this far north (because we wont pay 1/3 more for the same shit) so cant comment on the Strawberries, but then again you have to question anybody who considers Strawberries a staple food source.

Still waiting for a meaningful Brexit benefits!

Me I'm off shopping for a new powerful vacuum cleaner that prior to Brexit was banned for me as an EU citizen.
    Just how much of a pigsty is your place?
    “There you stand, the good man doing nothing. And while evil triumphs, and your rigid pacifism crumbles to blood stained dust, the only victory afforded to you is that you stuck true to your guns.”