View Poll Results: 10 days left, what'll it be?

Voters
92. This poll is closed
  • Hard Brexit (crash out)

45 48.91%
  • No Brexit (Remain by revoking A50)

24 26.09%
  • Withdrawal Agreement (after a new session is called)

0 0%
  • Extension + Withdrawal Agreement

3 3.26%
  • Extension + Crashout

9 9.78%
  • Extension + Remain

11 11.96%
    I'm so glad I left that dumpster fire of a country.

Quote Originally Posted by jonnysensible View Post
    quite funny watching the labour party poll lead drop to 10 points and knowing that they will lose the next election.
    These floating voters.... who are they? Who are these people who have the intellectual capacity and memory of a goldfish?

Nothing winds me up any more - I am calm personified.

Instead of swearing angrily at them, I will simply play with my worry beads.

Zen.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kiriastrasza View Post
    I'm so glad I left that dumpster fire of a country.
    Are you American?

In which case, we're glad you left too.
    Quote Originally Posted by dribbles
    If I weren't golfing in Thailand right now, where boys can still be boys and I assure you I'm far from impotent, I could link all the sources for you but head to facts4eu and educate yourself, they will have them for you. Too much Guardian is not good for you.
    Quote Originally Posted by dribbles
    the dark ages, those were probably the fault of Europe too

Quote Originally Posted by LeGin v3 View Post
    These floating voters.... who are they? Who are these people who have the intellectual capacity and memory of a goldfish?

Nothing winds me up any more - I am calm personified.

Instead of swearing angrily at them, I will simply play with my worry beads.

Zen.

- - - Updated - - -

Are you American?

No I am British, I just moved to a country where the far right lunatics have goldfish memory or Stockholm syndrome.

7+ Year Old Account
    No I am British, I just moved to a country where the far right lunatics have goldfish memory or Stockholm syndrome.
    I'm curious where did you go? Seriously today parts of the EU currently look like a warzone with "tear gas" (officially banned from use in times of war against civilians and classed as a chemical weapon) being regularly used on EU citizens and scenes that look like a revolution is about to begin. So if you went there please stay safe.

Thanks to Brexit we will never see scenes like this on UK streets which could easily have happened had we remained in the EU and participated in ever closer union with common EU wide policing methods enforced.

I know where I'd rather be.

13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    I'm curious where did you go? Seriously today parts of the EU currently look like a warzone with "tear gas" (officially banned from use in times of war against civilians and classed as a chemical weapon) being regularly used on EU citizens and scenes that look like a revolution is about to begin. So if you went there please stay safe.

Thanks to Brexit we will never see scenes like this on UK streets which could easily have happened had we remained in the EU and participated in ever closer union with common EU wide policing methods enforced.

Dont do this Dribbles. Tear gas isnt the same as mustard gas they used in WW1.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuiking View Post
    Dont do this Dribbles. Tear gas isnt the same as mustard gas they used in WW1.
    Of course he will. Anything bad happening anywhere means that's just another Brexit benefit that it's not happening back at home. Domestic politics within France happening? BREXIT BENEFIT IT DOESN'T IMPACT THE UK!!!!

Not that it ever would have, but it's not surprise that the crowd that still can't name any of the burdensome regulations they did away with by leaving the EU also doesn't know how domestic vs. EU politics work. It's why they were so hype to leave the EU.

I don't know if protesting French sanitation workers is so related to EU membership. Countries have their own problems relating to national governance without bringing in the problems with supranational governance.
    "I wish it need not have happened in my time." "So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."

The projection is strong with this one!

Your gaslighting is very weak these days Wribbler, you really do need to try to find a new angle or are you just running out of steam?
    Wealth inequality is here to stay, sometimes it's just how lifes cookie crumbles and all of society is better off for it.
    But from what I can see it is quite probable Æthelstan was the first Brexiteer, likely the Farage of his age seeing off the European continentals in the very first successful Brexit.

This is a completely disingenuous and completely facetious response, You know as well as anyone what's going on in Paris has nothing to do with the EU but internal domestic politics regarding retirement age changes.

This is a completely disingenuous and completely facetious response, You know as well as anyone what's going on in Paris has nothing to do with the EU but internal domestic politics regarding retirement age changes.
    Also, the French have always been like this.

Dude, retirement age in the UK is 66...
    This would obviously horrible if the "EU" (had nothing to do with this) forced you to raise it from 62 to 64... wait what?
    HAIL BREXIT!

Your persona is so dumb, I can't fathom how you still live

Edit: Fixed it from "you" to "your persona" because everyone knows you are just trolling because no real person could be this dumb

If anything Britain has a lot to learn from France in how to protest. Maybe we need a month of this and instead of strikes being everyone take their turn. Have every strike happen at the same time for an entire month until the government collapses or changes course to something that isn't hoarding money for itself.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    If anything Britain has a lot to learn from France in how to protest. Maybe we need a month of this and instead of strikes being everyone take their turn. Have every strike happen at the same time for an entire month until the government collapses or changes course to something that isn't hoarding money for itself.
    There's a reason here in the sunlit uplands with a contented populace, thanks to the beautiful Brexit and its many benefits, that you don't see the wanton vandalism and rioting taking place currently in parts of the EU. Instead of smashing the place up surely take some personal responsibility and understand the basic fact that no government controls the age at which people retire. That's what we do here in the UK where many who have saved and invested prudently for decades outside of government schemes retire in their early 50's, eurochums take note. It's certainly what I plan to do.

Still, it seems it is safer for world leaders and representatives to visit Ukraine than it currently is parts of the EU where the fabric of society seem to be falling apart.

King Charles III's state visit to France has been postponed after a request by President Emmanuel Macron

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-65064510

Don't you feel embarrassed? Thank God we left and have nothing to do with the EU any more.
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

Quote Originally Posted by LeGin v3 View Post
    Are you American?

Dumb thing to say considering this thread is about the UK, also you seem a bit on edge.

- - - Updated - - -

There's a reason here in the sunlit uplands with a contented populace, thanks to the beautiful Brexit and its many benefits, that you don't see the wanton vandalism and rioting taking place currently in parts of the EU. Instead of smashing the place up surely take some personal responsibility and understand the basic fact that no government controls the age at which people retire. That's what we do here in the UK where many who have saved and invested prudently for decades outside of government schemes retire in their early 50's, eurochums take note. It's certainly what I plan to do.

Still, it seems it is safer for world leaders and representatives to visit Ukraine than it currently is parts of the EU where the fabric of society seem to be falling apart.

King Charles III's state visit to France has been postponed after a request by President Emmanuel Macron

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-65064510

Don't you feel embarrassed? Thank God we left and have nothing to do with the EU any more.

Imagine unironically trying to claim the UK population is content while the government tries to outlaw strikes because the workers are complaining to hard.

Hundreds of thousands of workers have been striking, with more set to walk out over pay and conditions.

The biggest day of industrial action since the current wave of strikes began last year took place as Chancellor Jeremy Hunt revealed his spring budget on 15 March.

Teachers, junior doctors, regional BBC journalists, university lecturers, civil servants and London Underground drivers all walked out.

Before that, February saw the UK's biggest day of industrial action in more than a decade as teachers, university staff, train drivers, civil servants, bus drivers and security guards all went on strike.

More workers over the coming months have agreed on industrial action as the government insists it cannot give them inflation-matching pay rises.
    https://news.sky.com/story/strikes-s...d-why-12778841
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    Imagine unironically trying to claim the UK population is content while the government tries to outlaw strikes because the workers are complaining to hard.

https://news.sky.com/story/strikes-s...d-why-12778841
    Thats a sunny upland brexit positive ./s

And in the continuing saga of "things that Brexit fucked up because the morons that did it were incapable of organising a shag in a brothel"

https://www.theguardian.com/society/...u-forced-close

Back to work schemes, that were previously funded by the EU, are going to close because the money has NOT been redirected as required. This is what happens when you put morons in charge of running the country, people that deal in three word slogans and have no clue how to do anything.

Just for dribbles; this is a Brexit downside. Something that is clearly the result of Brexit, and is detrimental to the country. If you still have any intention of sharing actual fucking Brexit benefits with us (and at this point I'm thinking it's unlikely) you want to find something that's the opposite of this.

But you won't find any, because Brexit is a long list of damage, punctuated by a couple of things that look good on a Daily Mail headline but are actually nothing to do with Brexit (like Freeports). At this point, even the AI is starting to think that Brexit was a mistake.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/202...exit-bad-idea/
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

Quote Originally Posted by Huehuecoyotl View Post
    And in the continuing saga of "things that Brexit fucked up because the morons that did it were incapable of organising a shag in a brothel"

Back to work schemes, that were previously funded by the EU, are going to close because the money has NOT been redirected as required. This is what happens when you put morons in charge of running the country, people that deal in three word slogans and have no clue how to do anything.

Just for dribbles; this is a Brexit downside. Something that is clearly the result of Brexit, and is detrimental to the country. If you still have any intention of sharing actual fucking Brexit benefits with us (and at this point I'm thinking it's unlikely) you want to find something that's the opposite of this.

But you won't find any, because Brexit is a long list of damage, punctuated by a couple of things that look good on a Daily Mail headline but are actually nothing to do with Brexit (like Freeports). At this point, even the AI is starting to think that Brexit was a mistake.

lets not pretend like fucking over poor people was a mistake caused by incompetence.

They knew what they were doing.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

no need to subtweet dribbles holiday habits here

7+ Year Old Account

When you have almost full employment, thanks to yet another benefit of Brexit, why waste money on back to work schemes.

Thanks for pointing out yet another benefit of Brexit, you come up with ones not even I have thought about!