Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Reince Preibus interviewed by Trump-Russia Investigators Today

It has happened.

Reince Preibus, Donald Trump's former Chief of Staff, who was holding that position during both the Comey firing (and Trump's subsequent explanation spree) and during the Trump Jr. (aka Fredo Trump) Russia Meeting failed cover-up, was interviewed today by Mueller's team.

When was the last time a President's Chief of Staff was interviewed by a Special Counsel or the FBI as part of an ongoing investigation?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...=.af7a244c82b0

The ex-Chief of Staff. The ex-National Security Adviser. The ex-Campaign Chairman.

Mueller team is circling around the highest level of Trumpland. The people who helped him get elected. The only people more senior that could be interviewed would be the Attorney General himself, the Vice President, and our dear deplorable President.

There is still a long way to go. But for an investigation that started in the spring and has been slowly, but inexorably, working its way up the ladder, today is a big step forward to them making decisions on what they are going to pursue.

What are they looking at? Obstruction of Justice namely, of course.

Tick tock tick tick Trumpkins. We're taking your President from you.

Happy Friday the 13th!
    Last edited by Skroe; 2017-10-13 at 10:54 PM.

I thought they were looking for Russian collusion?

Quote Originally Posted by Hollowlithic View Post
    They were and still are, but thanks to Ken Starr the scope of special counsel investigations can be broad as fuck and end up nailing someone for related, and completely unrelated crimes.

Eh, I don't think you guys are going to like how this one ends.

Washington's most significant truism came out of Watergate: it's the cover-up, not the crime. Nixon went down for the cover-up. That's easier to prove.

Trump will go down for Obstruction. That's why the investigation also wants to talk to McGahn and Hope Hicks. His lackeys will go down for collusion. And he'll be fighting a legal battle for the rest of his crap life.

- - - Updated - - -

Eh, I don't think you guys are going to like how this one ends.
    I do. Mueller's team would not be arriving now at the ex-Chief of Staff, unless he had good cause to.

We're winning.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    I do. Mueller's team would not be arriving now at the ex-Chief of Staff, unless he had good cause to.

We're winning.
    You forget, most Trumpkins are going to tell themselves (in their own head) that the chief of staff being interviewed about collusion is no big deal.

When in reality, it means a whole lot, that he has VERY GOOD REASON to believe something occurred.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    What are they looking at? Obstruction of Justice namely, of course.

Tick tock tick tick Trumpkins. We're taking your President from you.

Happy Friday the 13th!
    Once Mueller comes forward, I hope Republicans will release the Kraken and give Trump an ass whooping that mirrors Weinsteins dropped-like-a hot-potatoe downfall.

Maybe Trumpkins won't get a second term for their Dark Lord. Maybe they get Eminem narrating the audiobook of the Stephen King novel, Donald Trump: The Dungeon Years.

Quote Originally Posted by Slinkypoe View Post
    Once Mueller comes forward, I hope Republicans will release the Kraken and give Trump an ass whooping that mirrors Weinsteins dropped-like-a hot-potatoe downfall.

Maybe Trumpkins won't get a second term for their Dark Lord. Maybe they get Eminem narrating the audiobook of the Stephen King novel, Donald Trump: The Dungeon Years.
    Doubtful, many will likely be to busy trying to separate themselves from the dumpster fire and protecting the Republican party brand. It's going to get very, very messy if it ends up going down that path.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Doubtful, many will likely be to busy trying to separate themselves from the dumpster fire and protecting the Republican party brand. It's going to get very, very messy if it ends up going down that path.
    Republicans seem like they have a bad case of whiplash from the wreck Trump's presidency has been so far. It will be quite interesting to see what they can salvage from the situation.. if anything at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Enjoiskate View Post
    Republicans seem like they have a bad case of whiplash from the wreck Trump's presidency has been so far. It will be quite interesting to see what they can salvage from the situation.. if anything at all.
    There's nothing worth saving.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Since the end of January, the Republican party is being shooed around by the Cheeto Chainsaw Massacre. So when Bobby Three Sticks starts singing the Jailhouse Rock from the rooftops of D.C., they will remain quiet ?

We do not know how Mueller will word his observations, what his verdict will be, but the Republican party has to protect itself from the taint that is future Trump.

10+ Year Old Account
    They are. But they're also looking at any related crime, such as, obstruction of justice by blocking the investigation into Russian collusion.

Yes, you can obstruct justice by blocking law enforcement in a case in which you're innocent. That's still a crime.

They're after collusion or obstruction of justice. And they're following the usual pattern of criminal prosecution - corner the small fish and put their balls in a vice until they give you something on the higher-ups.

I imagine there will be charges recommended against multiple individuals.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Enjoiskate View Post
    Trump wrecking the Republican party would probably make him the best president forever in the long run. IF the Americans don't come up with something more vile and retarded, that is.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyberowl View Post
    Trump wrecking the Republican party would probably make him the best president forever in the long run. IF the Americans don't come up with something more vile and retarded, that is.
    I think America will dig up somebody worst

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    The fact that Trump is even President at all suggests this is probably the most likely outcome, unfortunately.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Snorkles View Post
    The fact that Trump is even President at all suggests this is probably the most likely outcome, unfortunately.
    Perhaps the frozen head of Hitler or the personification of Pestilence

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberowl View Post
    Bannon's working on replacing the Republican lineup with more of his "faction". Might result in a split, and the US winds up with an actual third party for all the racists like most other countries have.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Zombie Taft?

10+ Year Old Account
    Ted Cruz?