Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Prepare for the Nexus Games!

Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker)

The 2017 HGC season may be ending soon, but that doesn’t mean that the esports action for this year is over just yet. On November 14, a mere ten days after BlizzCon, we’ll be kicking off the Nexus Games Europe—an epic competition where top non-HGC players will battle for glory under their nation’s flag.
    Think you have what it takes to compete? Read on for details.

Qualification Process
    Blizzard Entertainment will select five players from each country to represent their homeland. While Blizzard will make the final call on which players make the cut here are some of the key contributing factors to improve your chances of being selected:
    • Performance in Hero League in Season 3 2017 until October 24
    • Amount of Season 3 games played (minimum 75 Games)
    • Positive account standing

Please note that HGC players are excluded from this tournament however Open Division players are welcome.

Participating Countries
    Here is the list of the 16 countries that will be competing in the Nexus Games:

Belgium France Netherlands Spain
    Czech Republic Germany Poland Sweden
    Denmark Hungary Romania Ukraine
    Finland Italy Russia United Kingdom

Tournament Format
    The Nexus Games will be broken into two phases: Group Phase and Playoffs. Group Phase seeding will be determined by the combined rank points of the members of each team.

Group Phase
    • 4 groups of 4 teams, single round robin
    • Best-of-three
    • Top 2 from each group qualify for Playoffs

Playoffs
    • Single-elimination bracket
    • Best-of-five

All the action kicks off on November 14 with the Group Phase. We’ll reveal the full tournament schedule, as well as the selected players and talent, shortly after BlizzCon. In the meantime, check out the full Nexus Games Europe tournament rules.

So what are you waiting for? Get out there and show us what you’re really made of!

Just to remind, these are playing right now.
    https://go.twitch.tv/blizzheroes

Bakery doing analysis.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

10+ Year Old Account
    Yesterday had some good games really.
    Good to see Tetcher getting some actual face time instead of just his photo or Canadian gif.

Of course Netherlands is in the "group of death" - to no suprise.

But gotta root for them, despite Spain being the big favourite with the Duran brothers.

I like Bakery and his analysis and whatnot, but it genuinely requires effort to understand what he's saying sometimes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adramelch View Post
    I like Bakery and his analysis and whatnot, but it genuinely requires effort to understand what he's saying sometimes.
    Really? I think he speaks very clearly, sure he has an accent, but it is not like he speaks Geordie or Glaswegian.

I don't know man, I might be weird as I never really had issues with most accents. Unless they are using a lot of local phrases of course. For example I find it super weird when Americans say they can't understand a word from Londoner as I can understand both pretty easily. Or even English saying they don't understand Kiwis, but then again, I watch a ton of Rugby so...

Quote Originally Posted by RH92 View Post
    Really? I think he speaks very clearly, sure he has an accent, but it is not like he speaks Geordie or Glaswegian.

I don't know man, I might be weird as I never really had issues with most accents. Unless they are using a lot of local phrases of course. For example I find it super weird when Americans say they can't understand a word from Londoner as I can understand both pretty easily. Or even English saying they don't understand Kiwis, but then again, I watch a ton of Rugby so...
    It's not an accent thing. His English is pretty straightforward to understand but the way his Rs sound like Ws at times and such occasions make certain words difficult to comprehend. To paint a picture, it feels as if he's mumbling at times.

I generally have little to no problems with it, but I have a few friends that struggle at times. But then again I work abroad and, even worse, in Spain and it takes monumental effort to understand their English so I'm used to it.

Deleted
    Tuned in for the Sweden - Portugal game in just the right moment; this was one of the craziest bossfights in quite a while.

15+ Year Old Account
    Wow, they had that bug where someone gets stuck because of the protector, how embarrassing for blizzard.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

That rematch was a travesty.

Also that bug has been reported well before those games so that the map was allowed without fixing that bug is silly at best.

10+ Year Old Account
    Netherlands takin out Spain with a crisp 2-0.
    Yea the rematch was very sad . Map shouldve been banned entirely.

Also about Bakery's commentating. My gf said the same thing about his Rs being Ws and now I cant stop hearing it either

That Italy-UK game on Haunted Mines. So entertaining.

Edit: And then they decided to top it in Dragon Shire.
    Last edited by Adramelch; 2017-11-18 at 11:25 PM.

Comment on Twitch: "I love how Bakery is reading the Bible when commentating".

15+ Year Old Account
    They started the games at 5am?I will never be able to watch that.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    They started the games at 5am?I will never be able to watch that.
    Nah they only played one series and then had to postpone the rest due to the issues with the servers.

15+ Year Old Account
    Nah they only played one series and then had to postpone the rest due to the issues with the servers.
    Wow, that sounds embarrassing.

Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    Wow, that sounds embarrassing.
    Actually, the games are being played at the moment, but not cast by Blizzard for reasons.

15+ Year Old Account
    Actually, the games are being played at the moment, but not cast by Blizzard for reasons.
    But none of them are in English, feelsbadman.

Deleted
    Poland won 3-1 over Sweden in finals

Chromies bad as always

How's Chromie bad? Sweden's Chromie's bad, I'll give you that.

Edit: Went through the playoff games, she had a record of 7-3.
    Last edited by Adramelch; 2017-11-27 at 12:08 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Poland Genji master race. xD