Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    MM is one of the strongest classes on focus damage and target switching, just keep your trueshot to do that lol if you don't know how to play a class is not like bad design.
    ...Le Poète est semblable au prince des nuées
    Qui hante la tempête e se rit de l'archer;
    Exilé sul le sol au milieu des huées,
    Ses ailes de géant l'empêchent de marcher.

Charles Baudelaire

Deleted
    I would like MM more like dot spec.for example:

Have 2-3 instant abilities which have dot. Poison, fire, bleed

For aoe explosive shot and multishot, Utility which make multishot to spread poison dot.

AoE dot abilities has shared CD as the Single target ones

One strong casting ability like aimed but not to be 55% of overall dmg.

Arcane shot for focus dump

Maybe talent shots which can add one more dot arrow. An arrow which can do combos. Imagine if you have poison on 3-4 mobs and firing that talent arrow into them to detonate that poison doing chain dmg to all of them etc.

Hunter has such a huge potential.
    Last edited by mmoc2ce944bfe1; 2017-12-12 at 11:49 AM.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    you do know lore characters aren't the same as playable classes right? most of the people on that list are not the same kind of hunters we are if hunters at all.
    Don't give me that BS. Death Knights, Demon Hunters, Druids, Mages, Monks, Paladins, Priests, Rogues, Shamans, Warlocks, Warriors. Pretty much EVERY other CLASS meets close parity with their notable lore characters. As your second sentence, that's my point. All these notable "Hunters" aren't Hunters at all, but actually Rangers and yet there's still not actual Ranger class. MM doesn't do Ranger justice because it's more of a slow strong hit sniper spec.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FlubberPuddy View Post
    Don't give me that BS. Death Knights, Demon Hunters, Druids, Mages, Monks, Paladins, Priests, Rogues, Shamans, Warlocks, Warriors. Pretty much EVERY other CLASS meets close parity with their notable lore characters. As your second sentence, that's my point. All these notable "Hunters" aren't Hunters at all, but actually Rangers and yet there's still not actual Ranger class. MM doesn't do Ranger justice because it's more of a slow strong hit sniper spec.
    So are we just gonna ignore that tyranda is a priest who uses a bow aduin is a priest who uses plate now voljin was a shaman hunter hybrid with both totems and a bow. Lore characters do not fit into classes and never have just because there on a wiki of that class. Doesn’t make them that class and doesn’t mean the class should adapt to them.

We are not the same class as the lore hero’s and. They are not the same class as us.

5+ Year Old Account
    So are we just gonna ignore that tyranda is a priest who uses a bow aduin is a priest who uses plate now voljin was a shaman hunter hybrid with both totems and a bow. Lore characters do not fit into classes and never have just because there on a wiki of that class. Doesn’t make them that class and doesn’t mean the class should adapt to them.

We are not the same class as the lore hero’s and. They are not the same class as us.
    You missed another of my points, this from my original post. Hunters have ALMOST ALL of their notable people as Rangers. Your examples are just 1, whereas for Notable Hunters the majority are not in fact Hunters. That's a weak comparison.

EDIT: Another thing I want to say is that Tyrande is classified as a Priestess of the Moon, who are well established Hunter Priestess. Vol'Jin is techinically a Shadow Hunter. These are their own classes that the lists try to fit them into, not the other way around. Anduin is a de-facto Priest and was said to continue being a Priest, just cuz he wore plate and wielded a sword for a bit for a cinematic doesn't mean he automatically wears Plate in game. Cinematics are there to make sense - You don't see Sylvanas' eyebrows cutting through her hood, they go for as realistic as possible in those Blizzard cinematics.
    Last edited by FlubberPuddy; 2017-12-15 at 05:27 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Akta View Post
    MM is one of the strongest classes on focus damage and target switching, just keep your trueshot to do that lol if you don't know how to play a class is not like bad design.
    You missed another of my points, this from my original post. Hunters have ALMOST ALL of their notable people as Rangers. Your examples are just 1, whereas for Notable Hunters the majority are not in fact Hunters. That's a weak comparison.
    You missed the whole point of my post. The notable people on a wiki page is pointless as lore characters do not fall into classes like we do. Every single character on the list could Have a pet and it still wouldn’t matter as we are not and never have been the same as them.

5+ Year Old Account
    You missed the whole point of my post. The notable people on a wiki page is pointless as lore characters do not fall into classes like we do. Every single character on the list could Have a pet and it still wouldn’t matter as we are not and never have been the same as them.
    Those lists are there to showcase the characters that pretty much exemplify the class page they're on. (Fun fact: Vol'jin isn't even listed with Notable Shamans). Both Anduin and Tyrande still exemplify what a Priest is and again they are not the majority of their lists. You're picking out exceptions and then trying to paint the whole list as exceptions to their respective classes when the majority for all those lists fall within line of their classes EXCEPT Hunters's list.

The main point I'm making: Rangers are way more popular than Pet-based Hunters. Blizzard just wanted to save development costs by lumping the two into one class.

Still waiting for petless BM spec.... /s

7+ Year Old Account
    Those lists are there to showcase the characters that pretty much exemplify the class page they're on. (Fun fact: Vol'jin isn't even listed with Notable Shamans). Both Anduin and Tyrande still exemplify what a Priest is and again they are not the majority of their lists. You're picking out exceptions and then trying to paint the whole list as exceptions to their respective classes when the majority for all those lists fall within line of their classes EXCEPT Hunters's list.

The main point I'm making: Rangers are way more popular than Pet-based Hunters. Blizzard just wanted to save development costs by lumping the two into one class.
    You do know your disproving your own point right? You say the lost is to exemplify the class yet as you said most of them are rangers now hunters. We are hunters we are not the same as them, them being rangers is meaningless as we are not them.

5+ Year Old Account
    You do know your disproving your own point right? You say the lost is to exemplify the class yet as you said most of them are rangers now hunters. We are hunters we are not the same as them, them being rangers is meaningless as we are not them.
    I'm PROVING my point, which was that "Notable List of Hunters" are actually majorly consisting of Rangers. Whereas for all other class lists the majority fall in line with their respective playable classes. You seem to keep missing the basics and the key adjectives. I'll end it here.

7+ Year Old Account
    I'm PROVING my point, which was that "Notable List of Hunters" are actually majorly consisting of Rangers. Whereas for all other class lists the majority fall in line with their respective playable classes. You seem to keep missing the basics and the key adjectives. I'll end it here.
    Your using flawed data to try and prove a flawed point. I would agree that this argument isn’t going to go any where.

Um, legion MM is horribly designed...

no mobility for our primary form of damage (hunters nitch has been mobility since vanilla, where almost all of our abilities were instant cast, except 1, aimed shot, but when that's our only reliable ability, it's horrible design) our damage increase proc of marking targets is 100% RNG making marked shot RNG, and in turn gives MM no reliable ranged damage (or aoe for that matter) andthos creates a proc that is supposed to feel good, feeling very bad due to aimed shot being severely limited by movement and giving the feeling of wasting procs

The things they did that made MM feel bad, made arcane shot a focus generator instead of spender took away our reliable mobile damage (even if it was less than aimed shot it felt good to have a decent damage output on the move). Doing this forced us into having no reliable way to damage on the move as the only other option is purely eng based proc that is mentioned to be a damage buff for aimed shot not a stand alone mobile dps.

Then add in the gutting of a good chunk of our control utility, our execute, and the changed lone wolf (which is pureposely severely over tuned to the other options) and we don't feel like a hunter any more, but that's ok if one spec lost the hunter feel, if the other two kept it. But that's the problem, neither SV or BM feel like a hunter now.

BM is a crazy cat lady throwing random animals (not even our companions we worked to befriend) at the enemy, and them just sits there screaming at them instead of being a close not bond with them, and then SV is lol herp derp spec of I cut you off bleed you I blow you up, I have a pet, I don't know what my design goal was so I'm 5 things in 1 now ...

The problem with the hunter legion design isn't that that severely changed MM, or BM, or SV it's that none of the specs feel like they remotely resemble what they did before legion, effectively they deleted the hunter class and replaced it with this abomination of a class, my sub died almost a year ago, and the only change the devs have made was straight up taunting us with that porcupine to rodent family B's, sure a few changed made the specs play a little better but where is my hunter? Because what legion gave us was huntard class not hunter, it was taking all the stereo typing that huntards got over the years and designing the class off those ideas, that's how we got what we have

10+ Year Old Account
    As long as they don't touch MM, it's all good.

Played Hunter as my main-alt since vanilla. I LOVE long ranged bow attacks and a lot about the Hunter but I always HATED the pets.

So happy 1 specc is pet free

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Allora View Post
    I would like MM more like dot spec.for example:

Have 2-3 instant abilities which have dot. Poison, fire, bleed

For aoe explosive shot and multishot, Utility which make multishot to spread poison dot.

AoE dot abilities has shared CD as the Single target ones

One strong casting ability like aimed but not to be 55% of overall dmg.

Arcane shot for focus dump

Maybe talent shots which can add one more dot arrow. An arrow which can do combos. Imagine if you have poison on 3-4 mobs and firing that talent arrow into them to detonate that poison doing chain dmg to all of them etc.

Hunter has such a huge potential.
    A Marksman, a person that shoots hardhitting arrows with precision relegated to shooting multiple... dots? No, just no. MM is all about direct damage. Let MM be MM and (old) Survival be a fond memory.

Hunter of today is absolute dogshit, then again most classes/specs have been dumbed down to monkey level - herp derp.

Catering to a different audience nowadays

If they properly designed it to not have a pet and made the having a pet a utility talent it would be much better designed than what we have, but the only place MM can currently function without a pet is in raids because it's squishy not mobile, and doesn't really have the utility/CC to function without a pet in pvp or world pve. By current MM is garbage without factoring in the pet vs no pet argument because it's not mobile, it's primary dps benefit/proc is 100% RNG (which compounds the lack of mobility making it worse) and it's utility and survivability are weak as well.

MM in its current design is bad, regardless of pet vs no pet