Poll: WoW's Balancing Team. How is it?

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    A poll that presumes lots of changes are innately desirable is not one that has any space for me, or for most of my friends, most especially the ones into slower-paced, smaller-group play. We'd all have exactly the opposite view: that WoW's balance is often bad because of too many changes, and that balance would be well served by fewer sweeping overhauls. WoW would benefit from having much more stable, reliable baselines for each spec, with some kind of paragon/elite progression for those who crave more frequent and more significant changes - basically, a character equivalent to mythic+ dungeons with their overall escalating difficulty plus the complications of the rotating affixes. Nothing wrong with wanting that, but catering to the minority that loves it at the expense of a majority who'd prefer their characters remain reliable and familiar is a bad idea.

7+ Year Old Account
    In Rift it was considered poor balance if a class was 10% behind. In WoW that's considered a normal RNG range.

WoW has some of the worst balancing of any MMO I've played. During certain patches the top class can be 50% better than the worst. That's simply unacceptable for a game with this many resources behind it.

If you ignore the rabble and actually look at the numbers, the WoW balancing team is doing a fantastic job.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statist...032&dataset=50

The 50% percentile parses for Goroth indicate just how close every spec is. As Goroth is close to a tank and spank as you get in ToS, it's the most current and representative fight of damage output potential. The 50% parse is a stronger indicator of the average player than 60-99%.

However certain specs consistently perform stronger on more boss fights and thus appear to be dominant in ToS, and the highest potential (i.e. 99%+) of each spec is wildly different especially when you consider fight mechanics (like balance on mistress for example) but that's not representative of what balancing feels like for most people.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnagarde View Post
    The thing I've come to believe is that they've overstretched themselves with too many specs, most often completely useless specs actually. This usually applies to DPS classes.

Hunters don't need three DPS specs, rogues don't need three DPS specs, warlocks don't need three DPS specs, druids don't need two DPS specs, warriors don't need two DPS specs and so on.

If you think about it, they could easily fit in at least two or three new classes with two specs each and have the same amount of work going as they are now when it comes to balancing.
    Agreed, they could change the classes to be like how FFXIV does it, not exactly like how they play but sticking to one class with one set of abilities and role. It will never happen but it would sure as hell take off a lot of time trying to balance.