Thread: RAM issues

RAM issues

Hello I recently build a computer following a build suggested from someone on this site, it's not the first computer I have built but I'm still pretty new to it. The computer runs great most of the time yet when running games once or twice a day I will get errors relating to ram / memory issues so I can a MemTest and found errors. Before I send the ram back (don't really want to if I can help it as they took ages to send it out the first time) is there anything I should try? The pc build I'll post below:

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 7 1700 3.0GHz 8-Core Processor
    CPU Cooler: Scythe - Mugen 5 51.2 CFM CPU Cooler
    Motherboard: Asus - PRIME B350-PLUS ATX AM4 Motherboard
    Memory: Corsair - Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory
    Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive
    Storage: Seagate - Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
    Video Card: EVGA - GeForce GTX 1070 8GB SC GAMING ACX 3.0 Black Edition Video Card
    Case: Phanteks - Eclipse P300 Tempered Glass ATX Mid Tower Case
    Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA G2 650W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply

Thank you for any suggestions!

I have had problems with Ryzan and ram. But that was EARLY in the release. Most of those issues seem to be fixed up at this point from my experince. Maybe try sliding a different ram chip from a different build just to get a boot and ensure stablity while doing this. Update bios up. Then try the switch out. Might also just have bunk ram. It happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Yggdrasil View Post
    I have had problems with Ryzan and ram. But that was EARLY in the release. Most of those issues seem to be fixed up at this point from my experince. Maybe try sliding a different ram chip from a different build just to get a boot and ensure stablity while doing this. Update bios up. Then try the switch out. Might also just have bunk ram. It happens.
    bios are updated, and yeah I've kept the computer on all day with no issues. It just causes crashed on games sometimes. I have had the pc about 4 days now and have had 3 crashes that all led back to memory. Guess I will have to send them back then! thanks for the suggestions.

You could try to just put like one stick in at a time and see if its just one stick or the other. The other bad thing it could be is the MB slots for the memory is screwed. Of course this is.. a bad thing as well..

But at least you would know if its one stick or the other. If only one does it then its pretty much confirmed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Make sure you turn on D.O.C.P. in your bios for your ram. This is basically XMP and will set all the timings and voltage correctly. Ryzen is known for ram issues and this gives you your best bet.

Okay I'm a bit confused I removed one stick of ram and tested again and came back with no issues, I tested the other stick on its own and also came back with no issues so I put them back in and tested both at the same time and am now getting no issues...

So I'm not sure if I have managed to fix it by switching the ram sticks around and it was just being buggy or if they was not correctly placed the first few times.