Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by iamthedevil View Post
    Well, if so, it did absolutely nothing to help them kill Azeroth.
    Not everything should work.

But you forgot something, Sargeras is not dead, and the demons and the remanents of the legion are all but ended, maybe this could have an impact in the future.

I think everyone is reading too much into it. The loa whispered her name because she was the best person for the job, end of story. Nothing more, just that's it.

Quote Originally Posted by Brocksley View Post
    I think everyone is reading too much into it. The loa whispered her name because she was the best person for the job, end of story. Nothing more, just that's it.
    Except the only things she’s done this expansion suggest the opposite

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JustRob View Post
    Except the only things she’s done this expansion suggest the opposite
    She was the best person for the job.

Now whether that job was leading the Horde or turning things into someone's *Old Gods* favor is another thing.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Huntardicus View Post
    has it occurred to anyone that plot developments like this have literally no bearing on anything important
    Pretty much this.

There doesn't have to be some story needing to be told as to why Vol'jin, on his death bed, chose Sylvanas to replace him.

I mean, he could have said, "I appoint you Sylvanas to warchief, as I am currently about die." That would have been far less dramatic. So instead we take a major aspect of troll culture and use that as his justification.

If Vol'jin was a follower of the Holy Light he would have said, "Da Holy Light whispered one name: Sylvanas."

If Vol'jin was a shaman he would have said, "Da elements whispered one name: Sylvanas."

If Vol'jin was a warlock he would have said, "Da Dark Titan Sargeras whispered one name: Sylvanas."

Quote Originally Posted by Bjoramier of Lordaeron View Post
    The loa who whispered to vol'jin is called "Fanboys", and told him to make her warchief.
    Made me laugh as soon as I opened the forum lol thank you

Let us be realistic here; it probably wasn't the Loa, but perhaps something related to the void(ie Old God) which saw one future in which Sylvanas will betray everyone, but she'll end up doing the opposite as they saw just one possible outcome.

Quote Originally Posted by SHUMEGGAH View Post
    Pretty much this.

There doesn't have to be some story needing to be told as to why Vol'jin, on his death bed, chose Sylvanas to replace him.

I mean, he could have said, "I appoint you Sylvanas to warchief, as I am currently about die." That would have been far less dramatic. So instead we take a major aspect of troll culture and use that as his justification.

If Vol'jin was a follower of the Holy Light he would have said, "Da Holy Light whispered one name: Sylvanas."

If Vol'jin was a shaman he would have said, "Da elements whispered one name: Sylvanas."

If Vol'jin was a warlock he would have said, "Da Dark Titan Sargeras whispered one name: Sylvanas."
    except he hated sylvanas, she is little different from the lich king at this point.
    For the Alliance, and for Azeroth!

It just feels incredibly dumb for Vol'jin to say "I have NEVER trusted you! But the Loa whisper your name so there you go you're warchief bye"

It just feels incredibly dumb for Vol'jin to say "I have NEVER trusted you! But the Loa whisper your name so there you go you're warchief bye"
    Vol'jin was pretty gullible when it comes to this. If it smells like poop, looks like poop and attracts flies, the best bet is that it is poop, so keep your hands away. Vol'jin couldn't follow up on this simple logic.

It is pretty weak how the entire plot of Legion, consisting of smaller questlines, is based entirely on "visions", "destinies" and "prophecies", starting with Vol'jin, continued with Skovald's daughter, Xe'ra's Illidan fiasco, Alleria's void visions and more. Can characters start using their brains instead.
    Last edited by Magnagarde; 2017-10-17 at 06:08 PM.

People put way too much thought into speculating the motivations of beings who are utterly made up. Probably more thought than the creators actually put into every facet of this particular event.
    Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    aH yes, the Y chromosome, noted summoner of rape demons from the misogyny dimension.

7+ Year Old Account
    I see that point.

If one person of devoted absolutely despises another, but the god/spirits/entity they worship and/or is the focal point of their religion comes to them and says you must trust the person you hate, would you not be persuaded?

I mean you could interchange the "loa spirits" with Elune if Vol'jin was a follower of Elune.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bigjason View Post
    strong female character is meta right now.

and sylvanas not beeing the perfect fit for warchief just makes room for a totaly unexpected redemption story for her. and for jaina.(new kadgar)
    No, not that, for the love of the Loa, I hate redemption stories! And those from WoW are especially cringy ;.;

Quote Originally Posted by SHUMEGGAH View Post
    I see that point.

If one person of devoted absolutely despises another, but the god/spirits/entity they worship and/or is the focal point of their religion comes to them and says you must trust the person you hate, would you not be persuaded?

I mean you could interchange the "loa spirits" with Elune if Vol'jin was a follower of Elune.

Xera should prove counter to this

7+ Year Old Account
    Probably will be revealed in the coming expansion or patch.

"Only Beasts are above deceit" - Rexxar

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bjoramier of Lordaeron View Post
    The loa who whispered to vol'jin is called "Fanboys", and told him to make her warchief.
    I kind of agree with this. Blizzaard had to make her more importen, because she got nice pixelsels, and a large fanbase who only cares about her "nice pixelse"
    I still stand by, she is a terrible warcheif, she cares Only for her self, and then the forsaken, not the horde. She used chemical weapons on civilians, even if we say enemey civials. She have imprisoned and tortured anyone on her own side that slighly did not agree with her. Koltira Deathweaver
    Last edited by mmoc679fbf879f; 2017-10-19 at 04:33 AM.