Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    Humans completely dominate all things arcane related aside from arcane tech, it's so bad it even bleeds over into squashing blood elf mage representation. Only thing they don't dominate is arcane tech, which is the one area draenei get their due since they're otherwise left out of mage related activities. Gnomes get basically nothing even with them being a naturally arcane inclined race due to their high intelligence. We've basically seen nothing out of the Highborne since they returned in Cata either.

The Alliance doesn't need more arcane using races, we need the ones we already have to be better represented.
    Because races that know how to use arcane magic can only do that? In case you haven't noticed every race other than Tauren can wield arcane magic (and if you want to be technical because of game mechanics they do have access to Druid which uses arcane based powers) So should we start eliminating races in the game because they dare wield arcane magic?

Quote Originally Posted by Excellion View Post
    Because races that know how to use arcane magic can only do that? In case you haven't noticed every race other than Tauren can wield arcane magic (and if you want to be technical because of game mechanics they do have access to Druid which uses arcane based powers) So should we start eliminating races in the game because they dare wield arcane magic?
    What do nightborne do other than use arcane magic?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    What do nightborne do other than use arcane magic?
    They have something akin to hunters if I recall, they obviously could wield fel magic...rogues wouldn't be out of the realm of possibility.

Just because they can wield arcane magic doesn't mean anything really and if they were to be added it wouldn't take away from the other races. You act as if most of the races are nothing but arcane...Humans are heavy wielders of the light...Gnomes, Dwarves, and Goblins are know for engineering...

I could go on...but I hopefully don't need to...you need to stop pretending like all the other races are all about arcane power and not much else...sure maybe if they were then adding the nightborne would be kinda meh...but the fact of the matter is you're overrating how embedded arcane usage is to multiple races.

Quote Originally Posted by Excellion View Post
    They have something akin to hunters if I recall, they obviously could wield fel magic...rogues wouldn't be out of the realm of possibility.

Just because they can wield arcane magic doesn't mean anything really and if they were to be added it wouldn't take away from the other races. You act as if most of the races are nothing but arcane...Humans are heavy wielders of the light...Gnomes, Dwarves, and Goblins are know for engineering...

I could go on...but I hopefully don't need to...you need to stop pretending like all the other races are all about arcane power and not much else...sure maybe if they were then adding the nightborne would be kinda meh...but the fact of the matter is you're overrating how embedded arcane usage is to multiple races.
    they coudl also be preists too - they may not have had a high Priestess for 10 k years because she was outside when the shield went up, but the city has so many shrines to aElune and the main temple across the bridge now cleared and realistically already being restored.

could easily see some of them returning to Elune worship, especially those who served the temple before the shield went up. So you can add priest.

- - - Updated - - -

Class selection would be:
    mage, Warrior, rogue, hunter, warlock, priest and possibly demon hunter - druid also is possible, they are night elves afterall and we cannot forget high Botanist Tel'arm

Quote Originally Posted by EnigmAddict View Post
    I really like this, the conflict option 2 one. it's warcraft not peace craft and i like that while blood elves get access to nightborne, it is not a major part of their lore, i really don't want night elf lore to start domnating blood elf lore, sucking the bthem into their world, but i like that it gives horde players who like the night elves some in-roads there aiding and extending the night lore without disrupting the tensions too much. It's in the current vein of wawrcraft, and fits it better it hink.

I'd like to see the elven groups become hte major players and rightful magic supremos, it's okay that a few humans can come close, but you shouldn't be making comparisons between Dalaran to Suramar or Silvermoon when it comes to magic. Even though Dalaran can be like some sort of international meeting point, it's not there yet.

Also i think elven dominance in this area is only possible with the night elves on board too, we can't give iet all to the blood leves, or there wil be no competition that forces an improvement. Witht he nightborne on the alilnace with the nighte lves, it puts the blood elves as underdogs in magic for the first time in a long time- I actually think this is good, because everyone loves the under dog. Nightborne contain all the arrogance of the kaldorei empire and I think they will serve to make blood elves be more likeable.

Sure you will have likeable nightborne like Thalyssra, not all will be dicks, but htey'll be mostly dicks. And in front of the blood lves gives the blood elves an opportunity to shine as they catch up and show that hey you may be bigger /stronger/more nkowledgeable magic wise, but it's not going to do you any good, cos we're better.

Whiles humiliating the night elves felt a bit good in Azshara/Desolace,, it was actually quite bad, because it really undermines the elves, and overall is rubbishy in how unrelaistic it appears even in that setting, you need the two groups to be much closer, and it's okay if one is slightly ahead of the other in magic,, not a huge crater gap in between like it was in cataclysm.
    well it would be interesting what blizzard end up doing, if anything. Cos remember they may just ignore the whole thing.

Seeing the blood elves are highborne, there is an opening for night elven highborne on the horde too and explore that part of their heritage and bring it tot he night elf world. Naga instead of nightborne would be the perfect option for them imo, rather than force nightborne on the horde.

I'm really getting the impression the only reason blood elf fans want nightborne is because they covet Suramar becasue it's a pretty city and the night elves their are shown to be very powerful casters - and so they want them. They are not interested in their lore, as they love ignoring the reality that they are seeing the arcane night elven side, they seem to want to continue pissing on night elves (revelling in how pathetic they aren and are happy as long as nothing interesting or attractive comes to the Nelves) and so in a sense pretend like the nightoborne and Suramar have nothing to do with them, when it is the epitome of the kaldorei empire culture, and the arcane part of Tyrande/Malfurion people that the developers are showing - which you really cannot ignore and expect me to believe you genuinely like the nightborne.

I suspect if they get it, they'd enjoy it like a new toy , get bored with it and want to get back to the blood elf stories - i have not picked up any genuine interest to share highborne or night elven lore from them, which is what Suramar and the nightborne are all about. Personally I would keep them on the alliance, and not feed the horde more elves. THe naga are much better suited as the horde's expansion into night elf lore and are already naturally opposed enemies of the night elves, already bonded with the blood elves in TFT/TBC and like the nightborne and night elves come from the same city, so to do the naga and ancestors of the blood elves.

now ofc both naga and nightborne could be on both sides, but lets be serious, nightborne are far more a night elf thing, they are the night elf arcane thing, and if naga had a faction that ever rebelled against Queen Azshara or even the surpirse twist that Queen Azshara wanted to ally with us, it would be via the blood elves or should be.

I won't lose sleep over it though. Some have called the nightborne the first really attractive thing to happen to night elf lore in-game, if that gets given to the horde, I won't bat an eyelid, but i won't be arguing against those who kick up the "unfair or bias" mantra because of it, for they'd be right. Blizzard have been really shitty with NElves in wow, and the first decent development is denied to the main nelf playing body and given to the horde - yeah, i'd understand why they'd be mad.
    Last edited by Mace; 2017-10-21 at 09:26 PM.