M-Avatar Maiden damage

Hey guys,

I was wondering if you guys organized your purple beam soaks in a particular way to get more DPS on the Maiden during Cleansing Protocols. Sometimes I feel like a couple people are out of range handling beam mechanics and if certain players are out of the lineup (like our lock who had to leave early) the Protocols are sometimes pretty sketchy. I barely get to touch, for example, the second Maiden because I need to duck into the beam right as Protocol is starting and if she's on the other side of the room I'm pretty boned, even if I go almost into melee for range.

Is there somewhere in the beam soak list where protocols end up happening? It seems like it's always the end of the list for us, but it seems different on each protocol. Assume 6 soakers doing 7 stacks in each beam. Just wondering if we can stick healers somewhere in the list so that they're doing the majority of the soaking during protocols.

Could it be mitigated by tanks bringing her more central down the fel beam?

Deleted
    Hi. We did 6 stacks, 6 people. 7 stacks work too.
    In my opinion, this does happen with bad rng (beams in each end) - but 2 dps not being able to hit it should not decide if you can hit it or not. If needed u can have your warriors save BC for it. If you structure soaks so you have healers in the end of the rotations, it should also be beneficial.

You can always reach maiden so this shouldn't be a problem. But you have to run into melee range to do so sometimes. Stealing a pic my RL did of me hitting maiden from across the room.

But we have stacked our order in such a way that the strongest classes/players wont be soaking during a shield to make it easier.
    Our list is: Rdps, rdps, healer, rdps, rdps, healer and rdps, rdps, healer, rdps, healer, healer. Swapping on 6 stacks.

Quote Originally Posted by BergErr View Post
    You can always reach maiden so this shouldn't be a problem. But you have to run into melee range to do so sometimes. Stealing a pic my RL did of me hitting maiden from across the room.

But we have stacked our order in such a way that the strongest classes/players wont be soaking during a shield to make it easier.
    Our list is: Rdps, rdps, healer, rdps, rdps, healer and rdps, rdps, healer, rdps, healer, healer. Swapping on 6 stacks.

To elaborate a bit - if you do 6x people, 6x stacks rotations, the two people that will be unable to reach maiden each protocol (assuming no leaks offsetting the timing etc), are the first and the last in the rotation. That means your best bet is to put healers as #1 and #6, and barring that being a possibility, you should assign hunters to those slots; They're the ranged class best suited to DPS maiden while in a beam (MM has a 10 yard further range giving them a much better chance at reaching her without being all the way in melee, and BM is 100% mobile so they have no issues moving into melee, a long with being able to send their pet to her prior to actually getting in range).

10+ Year Old Account
    Just clearly announce 5 seconds before maiden hits 100 energy to switch to her on voice com.

That should be enough, there is only one really tight cleansing going on, I think it is the one that overlaps with unbound chaos, but one or even two less DPS should not decide the outcome there as long as everyone else pools resources just beforehand, then makes a switch and tunnels her.

We, for example, did not do any special arrangements for maiden aside from announce thing.