Thread: Need Advice

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    if you got a sore shoulder blade muscle, get a tennis ball.. and lay down on it with the tennis ball pressuring the muscle..

Quote Originally Posted by Ahovv View Post
    Right, and that shitty NSAID painkiller isn't working. Other NSAID painkillers are unlikely to work as well. Next?
    Formulation and dosages are a thing.

Heading right to the fucking tactical nuke is ridiculous and any doctor that did that should lose their license. Dude isn't struggling with spinal stenosis or anything recognized as legitimately serious pain. He doesn't need the big guns.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    Formulation and dosages are a thing.

Heading right to the fucking tactical nuke is ridiculous and any doctor that did that should lose their license. Dude isn't struggling with spinal stenosis or anything recognized as legitimately serious pain. He doesn't need the big guns.
    Oh boy, if you think Hydrocodone is a tactical nuke in terms of pain relief...

And you're also forgetting that opioid dosages can vary. They're not going to start off injecting him with 8mg hydromorphone.

All I'm going to say further on the matter is that you are overestimating the pain relief from non-opioid painkillers. For many, they have almost no effect whatsoever. Even if I downed 4-5 pills, it wouldn't have an impact. It'd just be bad for me since NSAIDS are more toxic than opioids.

Quote Originally Posted by Ahovv View Post
    Oh boy, if you think Hydrocodone is a tactical nuke in terms of pain relief...

And you're also forgetting that opioid dosages can vary. They're not going to start off injecting him with 8mg hydromorphone.

All I'm going to say further on the matter is that you are overestimating the pain relief from non-opioid painkillers. For many, they have almost no effect whatsoever. Even if I downed 4-5 pills, it wouldn't have an impact. It'd just be bad for me since NSAIDS are more toxic than opioids.
    Can't have NSAIDs myself, for reasons, and absolutely different experiences to different drugs are a legitimate issue. You may well need an oxy to dull your pain, depending on your body chemistry and your situation. He may even need them. Nobody's disputing that.

What's being disputed is that you're in any position to offer drug advice to him, even if you hadn't gone right to the drugs currently sweeping the nation in overprescription and thus off-prescription abuse. Regardless of dosage those are correctly only prescribed at genuine need. Only one person is prepared to make that call, his doctor. If he's convinced his drugs aren't working absolutely he should go back and say that and get better help. That would be good advice.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    Can't have NSAIDs myself, for reasons, and absolutely different experiences to different drugs are a legitimate issue. You may well need an oxy to dull your pain, depending on your body chemistry and your situation. He may even need them. Nobody's disputing that.

What's being disputed is that you're in any position to offer drug advice to him, even if you hadn't gone right to the drugs currently sweeping the nation in overprescription and thus off-prescription abuse. Regardless of dosage those are correctly only prescribed at genuine need. Only one person is prepared to make that call, his doctor. If he's convinced his drugs aren't working absolutely he should go back and say that and get better help. That would be good advice.
    Generally I would agree, but his doctor allegedly referred him to a chiropractor. That's quackery at its finest.

Quote Originally Posted by Tota View Post
    I'll be sure to take myself out on your lawn then, since you won't mind the pain of dealing with my corpse that was tired of being in pain.

Man, some people have zero empathy. Must be why they don't care about pain.
    It's not about empathy it's about figuring out what is causing pain instead of just dulling it.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamdwelf View Post
    It's not about empathy it's about figuring out what is causing pain instead of just dulling it.
    That's exactly what I'm going to be doing with my doctor. I've only seen his FNP and PA so far and they are hesitant in writing Norco or strong pain killers. I had an appointment with the massage therapist on Weds & that did nothing to relieve the pain. I was supposed to go to his chiropractor on Thursday but got the time wrong (appt was at 11:30 & I thought it was at 1:30 and he leaves at noon). I go back to the chiro on Thurs and see the actual Dr on Weds. I went in today and they gave me a script for some Norco to last me a week. I was just trying to see if anyone has had experience with this sort of thing before & see what worked for them. All I've been told is do your typical hot/cold treatment and take the NSAIDS that she's given me each time I was in. The Dr should be able to help me better on Weds. I just am in A LOT of constant pain atm and don't want to spend the evening in the ER waiting to be seen just so I can get a damn morphine shot to kill SOME of the pain.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gaymer77
    All I've been told is do your typical hot/cold treatment and take the NSAIDS that she's given me each time I was in. The Dr should be able to help me better on Weds.
    Unfortunately, that's the drill. I've been through it a few times and it came down to trying to control inflammation because something, somewhere, is pressing on that nerve. The only thing I can think of is try to figure out what happened to set this off and avoid things that put you through the same kind of motion or puts you in the same kind of position. For example, is there a chance that something you did with your mouse has become a problem?
    With COVID-19 making its impact on our lives, I have decided that I shall hang in there for my remaining days, skip some meals, try to get children to experiment with making henna patterns on their skin, and plant some trees. You know -- live, fast, dye young, and leave a pretty copse. I feel like I may not have that quite right.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gaymer77 View Post
    First off I want to be upfront in that I am NOT asking for medical advice on this post. I'm asking what people who may have been in a similar boat have done.

Ok so last weekend I don't know what I did but I did something and managed to get a pinched nerve in my shoulder that sends pain all the way down to the tips of my fingers. Today (6 days later) my index finger is numb. I called my doctor to make an appointment and went in. She said "pinched nerve & lets get you in to the chiropractor" but unfortunately that won't be until next Thursday. She did give me a prescription for naproxen and Voltaren to "ease the pain". Unfortunately it isn't doing shit for me. Have any of you guys ever get a pinched nerve & if so how did you go about stopping the pain it caused?
    Didn't you say you were overweight. Why don't you focus on losing weight and putting less stress on your body.

Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    Didn't you say you were overweight. Why don't you focus on losing weight and putting less stress on your body.
    Tennisace your response doesn't seem very helpful. Unless you are a total lard tub I don't think loosing weight will do much to help shoulder/finger injury/overexertion. I mean I guess you could say because this person is fat circulation is getting all jacked up/there is more inflammation, but from what I know from working/college anatomy obesity/being overweight is more detrimental to lower body/legs/knees etc.

Edit: My only experience with this type of thing is getting plantar fasciatis. The whole ordeal where I felt it was maybe 10-14 days with only about 7 of that being significant (I was limping for 2-3 of those days). Ice, stretch, 1 advil in the morning and avoid exertion is my advice. I think 6 days is not a long enough period to prescribe stuff like hydros.
    Last edited by INVASMANIXOXOXO; 2017-10-14 at 01:21 AM.
    Signature deleted due to it violating the rules. Please read the signature rules for more info.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamdwelf View Post
    Drugs aren't the answer for pain.
    Wait what?
    Damm you useless morfine!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    Thanks for the advice asshole. My weight has nothing to do with what happened to me.

A couple others suggested it earlier but can you smoke weed? (As in are you drug tested at work or worried about losing a job if you were to toke?) I had an issue with my right arm with the nerves being pinched from when I used to weight lift a lot, doctor prescribed me some light painkillers but they did nothing so I would smoke a bit and it helped a good bit for me.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Iamanerd View Post
    A couple others suggested it earlier but can you smoke weed? (As in are you drug tested at work or worried about losing a job if you were to toke?) I had an issue with my right arm with the nerves being pinched from when I used to weight lift a lot, doctor prescribed me some light painkillers but they did nothing so I would smoke a bit and it helped a good bit for me.
    I don't have to worry about any drug testing or anything like that but its just the cost of weed that would prevent me from using it. Funny thing is my dad's mom has suggested several times that I start smoking it to help with my chronic insomnia from my bipolar. I take an Ambien every night in order to sleep and she said try weed because its safer & an herbal remedy.

Deleted
    Use a dildo may help