Thread: Going wireless.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    I use wireless Internet at my house and don't have any regrets. I bought router Linksys AC1900 Dual Band Wireless Router a few years ago. During this time the connection dropped only a few times. In such cases the detailed instructions 192.168.1.1 helped me to check the router's settings and troubleshoot the problem. After buying a good router for a couple hundred bucks years back I just didn’t see any reason to upgrade.
    Last edited by luckyjack; 2018-03-15 at 10:19 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tried going full wireless once, I do not exactly have very fond memories doing it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Finally went back to wired after 4 years of wireless and haven't had massive lag issues since. Every time my cousin's nephew would turn the PS4 on and play/watch shit, my ms would shoot up in the 2-3k range from the usual PST server (both WoW and FFXIV) ms of 69-75.

Doesn't help that I live in the basement apartment with the router upstairs either.

I work at a B2B ISP in the UK, and we primarily use either TP Link, Draytek or Cisco routers, lets get that out of the way first.

Where do you live (sorry if it's been mentioned, I have read through and didn't see)?

If it's the UK, if you have neighbours who are on BT and use the new BT hub stick to wired internet. BT's new hub floods all "N" channels and can often cause carnage for other customers. We often have to set our routers to broadcast on "G" channels to counter this.

Keyboard, Mice, Headsets etc all perform fine on wireless. One thing to consider however is that they generally use either 2.4 or 5Ghz channels themselves.

Another UK problem especially in older houses or buildings, stone internal walls, these do not play well with WiFi. Same goes for people with lots of mirrors or mirrored corridors, does not like WiFi.

The list could go on, as several have said before me. Wireless peripherals are fine but I would advise against wireless internet, you will ALWAYS get the best experience with wired internet

There is nothing wrong with wireless these days. Nay-sayers will try to convince you of latency issues etc. However at this point that is balderdash. The newer logitech wireless mice has the exact same latency as their wired brethren. As for the keyboards you might have some issues with 5 or more inputs at the same time, but that has more to do with a lack of wireless gaming keyboards will rollover etc. I just found out that logitech will offer a wireless gaming keyboard shortly though.

The only concern with wireless products is battery life, it really sucks running out of power mid session. Most products allow you to plug a cable into them and keep going wired for a while though so its not a big deal.

"But thanks to advances in wireless technology, many wireless mice now claim 1ms – basically instantaneous – connections, including the Logitech G900 and Razer Mamba (2015).

As such, it’s not really fair to ward users off wireless mice anymore, at least because of latency anyway. In fact, Cloud9’s CounterStrike: Global Offensive team is using the wireless Logitech G900 in tournaments, which speaks to its speed.

But there are also other things to consider. Wireless mice tend to be heavier, due to the onboard battery. But then they’re good because you don’t have cables getting in the way."

Yes You can checkout some Wireless Gaming Mouse Reviews :